Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by vampire_elf »

Hello and welcome to the new ones! I'm 26 myself!

Went and watched Twilight today with my mum (my mum's the best!) and there where mostly teens in the cinema but no squealing or screaming or such. I just have to say, I love the final scene *sigh*

Cappu: love your Alice hair and the colour! I think reddish hair colours are the best! :D

Jasmine: happy anniversary!

MRK: I hardly dare to ask, but could you make me a banner too? Please?

I never heard of ETSY before but just checked it out and saw the cutest earrings (I LOVE earrings!!!). Now I want those earrings! :roll: Argh! So much beautiful jewelery!

Hottest Female Actresses:
1. Anne Hathaway
2. Jessica Alba
3. Katherine Heigl

Hottest Male Actors:
1. Robert Pattinson (okay, I just watched Twilight, what do you expect - and my mum asked my if my bf's jealous because I like Rob/Edward both so much :lol:)
2. Chris O'Donnell (my best friend and me have a crush on him since we are 12 - The three Musketeers did it for us!)
3. Johnny Depp (what's not to like)

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

haha vampire elf- it is an addicting site be careful! lol i think i spent about 70 dollars yesterday! very very bad!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Ooh I love jewelery!
I'm not gonna check that site though, since they'll probably ask an arm and a legg to ship to Europe and I don't want to be tempted :p

I'm so tired! I can't believe it. It's not even 9pm on a sundaynight. But I was woken at 6:30 this morning since I was babysitting. Altough I have to get up at that time or earlier in the week, it's to early for weekends.
I'm going to bed in bit, trying to get back to the host.
It's a good book, but it does ask a lot of my attention and it goes quit slow at this moment.
At this point I feel very tempted to go back and reach back for my Twilight.
Or straight to eclipse.
But I have a pile of books that needs to be read and few more arriving this weeks.
But it's like I'm longing for some comfort this weekend. For something familiar and soothing.
For some edwardness.
Seriously, a world with nomads and volturi seems far better then the world my country lived in this weekend.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
OktoSink
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by OktoSink »

Hi! Just wanted to drop in and say hello since I haven't been on all weekend.

I'm very excited to announce that I discovered a new Twi-guy in my life. He's a friend of mine that I've known for about a year that I met through my boyfriend and he is a big huge Marine! I was so surprised and delighted to see a copy of Breaking Dawn on his desk the other day that I think I scared him with a onslaught of questions on what he thought about the books and the movie (which he saw twice!). Haha, i might be a little too excited about this, but it was just a very happy moment for me. :D

I just burnt my tongue on hot soup :( So uncomfortable.

Welcome Honey, I hope you enjoy it here! Sweet name by the way! No pun intended, wow, I'm a huge dork. My name is Catherine.

Watched Pineapple express for the first time yesterday... just about pee-ed my pants 8 times. "Thug life!"

Thats it. Hope everyone had a good weekend!
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

vampire_elf wrote: Cappu: love your Alice hair and the colour! I think reddish hair colours are the best! :D

Jasmine: happy anniversary!

Hottest Male Actors:
1. Robert Pattinson (okay, I just watched Twilight, what do you expect - and my mum asked my if my bf's jealous because I like Rob/Edward both so much :lol:)
2. Chris O'Donnell (my best friend and me have a crush on him since we are 12 - The three Musketeers did it for us!)
3. Johnny Depp (what's not to like)
:lol: The musketeers had a similar effect on me too. But it wasn't O'Donnel I had a crush on; it was Kiefer Sutherland and Charlie Sheen! They are so sexy in that movie.. *drools* A year ago I bought the DVD! :lol: And now you made me wanna see it again!

Thanks about the hair. :D I'm loving it! Makes hubs even more hornier than before... ;)

Jasmine!
Happy anniversary from me too! 8-)

And welcome all newbies..
Siberian Kiss
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Siberian Kiss »

for the bday list, mine is 6 May.

vampire_elf hahaha your mom so cool!!!mine is also with interest about Rob as I bought A TOTAL POSTER where Edward embraced Bella, and Rob looks hot as hell, specially the hands...god, so my mom asked the same "is not your bf jelous of this handsome guy right up your bed?" hahaha
love my banner, love MRK even more!!
What kind of man you are, if you are a man at all?
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Cymbrelynn »

I got onto the Lex, go under "view your posts" and I didn't see Gen Y right up there at the top like it always is! I was so concerned! But it's a just a shiny, new thread :)

Anyway, just popping in to say hi from the exile of "Finding A New Job Land". I don't know why this is so hard for me but it is! It takes me forever to find a job that's relevant for me to apply to and then writing the cover letter is just ridiculous. I'm cheering myself by treating myself to some Coca Cola.

Sam, sorry about your turtles :( Will you be able to visit them when you come home to visit? I myself have ended up in a weird country western bar once. I hate all things country but since they had liquor I somehow ended up line dancing all night :lol:

Cappu, love your hair!!

Okto, so cool about the Twi-guy! I turned my ex-b/f into a Twi-guy. He's very closeted about it, though. For shame.

Random question since I'm just curious: How long have you been a Twilight addict?
Since October 2006. A girl who I was friendly with but not really friends saw on my facebook that I have a lot of things involving vampires in my fav books and movies so she recommended Twilight and Ive been hooked ever since. Funny thing is I can distinctly remember being in the bookstore several months before and I saw Twilight, picked it up, read the back cover and went "Meh" and put it back. Crazy. And also crazy that I managed to not join the Lexicon for over 2 years. I really don't know how. Twilight was the only book I brought with me when I studied abroad in London. I just couldn't part with it!
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

Cymbrelynn wrote:
Random question since I'm just curious: How long have you been a Twilight addict?
Tuesday , 23rd of dec 2008.(my fathers bday) I watched the movie the monday a week before, and thought it totally sucked and lacked a storyline. But i was intrigued, i know how moviemakers can f**k up good books, so i wanted to read them. I bought twilight , and i got hooked. The saturday after that i went back to amsterdam to buy the rest of the serie. (you cant buy english fantasy where i live). Been hooked ever since, read the serie twice in 2 weeks. And since then i started coming here and found out about fanfic. And ive never stopped reading those since. (i get the movie now, when i think about every emotion and thought that go with the scenes, its way better)

thanx for the congrats you guys :) I know some ppl think its weird to celebrate your half years aswell, but..oh well..we're just freaky romantics, cant help ourselves :) On the 12th of feb, its exactly 2 years ago he proposed... :mrgreen:

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Cymbrelynn »

jasmine, you're living proof of a movie convert! That's so great. I did wonder if people who hadn't read the books, saw the movie and didn't like it would be curious enough to read the books. And you're quite lucky in a way since all the books are out and you could just go get them as opposed to having to wait years for them to get released. Simply maddening! And that's so sweet about you and your husband. Celebrate all the half years you want. It's great that you have a relationship like that :)
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

I started reading Twilight on Dec 17th, 2008- a little late to the party, haha!

Jasmine:Your story is so similar to mine in that I saw the movie first and thought it wasn't very good. Didn't understand the storyline so much, etc... but wanted to read the books because the idea behind the movie was intriguing!
Now I actually like the movie more, probably because I just fill in the blanks on my own :D
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!