Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

I’ve been lost in here since yesterday!!
Couldn’t find the new thread!!! I was going crazy!!!
Thanks to Anna Mae, I found our favorite shady spot!!!

Ohhh Wingtear! These things takes time… *hugs*

A. three hottest female actresses
1. Angelina Jolie
2. Monica Bellucci
3. Katherine Heigl

B. three hottest male actors
1. Jensen Ackles (Dean from Supernatural)
2. Clive Owen (in Closer)
3. Simon Baker (Patrick from The Mentalist)
1st runner up: Vin Diesel LOL

How long have you been a Twilight addict?
Since November 30th 2008. I was looking for gossip at E!Online and there was a story about the Twilight fans. I went to see what that was about on amazon.com and bang, my curiosity sparked. I bought a kindle edition and devoured it. When I was in the middle of it, I ordered the last 3. Now, they have a place on the right side of my bed. The four of them and their new friend The Host.
I came to the Lex cos there wasn’t anybody I knew who even know the books existed. So, I found here not only people to talk about books, but real friends! Twilight changed my life for the best!
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
OktoSink
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by OktoSink »

How long I've been a Twilight Addict....

My story is just about the same as Jasmine's but here's the quirk... I saw the movie only because my boyfriend really wanted to see it! Haha. I remembered seeing the books on shelves for years and always thinking that because they were YA, that I wouldn't be interested. Then there was all this hype for the movie to come out and I was intrigued. My bf, who hadn't read the books yet either, and I saw the movie the day after it opened (so the theater was still jam packed full of screaming girls). We both actually really liked the movie despite not reading the books, although we found the acting VERY awkward at times. We were cracking up at the most random moments because the acting actually made us kind of uncomfortable. Now after reading the books, that aspect all makes much more sense...

But anyway, after seeing the movie I went to stay at my parents house for Thanksgiving weekend, and my mom already read and owned all 4 books. So I read them all in 4 days. I felt bad because my family didn't see much of me while I was home :? . But yep... that's my story. Obsessed ever since.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

The crackin up part....we had that a lot aswell.. hehehe *grins*
honestly, we were making fun of the movie while watching it, and the week after..
Especially about the sparkling, it was just so...lame. All kinds of jokes about, vampires who use Lush massage bars with glitters, vampires being fairies and a discoball.. :lol:
I thought the characters were weird aswell, especially edward, he was ugly, lame and had the weirdest hairdo ever.
And now..after the books, its just so...totally different. I loved romeo and juliet when i was younger and ive always been a sucker for historical romance novels. That and my fascination for vampires and everything paranormal..And then the way bella acts and thinks, like me.....well..the books were like they were written especially for me.
(but i still think the sparkling in the movie is pretty lame :( , the book is way better)

i totally got obesssed with the books, i read them during christmas time....i think i annoyed some ppl there..hehehe. I just wish midnight sun would come out, id love to read that one. For now, i just read fanfics, so i dont have to let edward and bella go :)

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

jasmine wrote:The crackin up part....we had that a lot aswell.. hehehe *grins*
honestly, we were making fun of the movie while watching it, and the week after..
Especially about the sparkling, it was just so...lame. All kinds of jokes about, vampires who use Lush massage bars with glitters, vampires being fairies and a discoball.. :lol:

(but i still think the sparkling in the movie is pretty lame :( , the book is way better)
*burst into laughter*
Disco ball!!! (i thought the same thing... :oops: )
*drying tears*

I don’t agree about the book-sparkle fidelity. I thought it was quite accurate.

But still, massage bars with glitters… :lol: :lol: :lol:
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Paulinha, Lily, Misty - Thank you. I cannot explain how much it means to me, to have people who understand and are there. Nothing more is needed, and still so rare to find. Thank you!

When Twilight?
I bought Eclipse 10th October 2008. I was looking for something to read on my 6 hour travel to D, since my mini-DVD broke down. I first spotted one book, that was the kind I think are quite nice to read. Then I saw a thick black book with a red ribbon falling in creases across the binding.
And I fell... I fell utterly and completely, there was nothing else in the world...
Nah, not really, but the layout definitely appealed to me. I read the behind, thinking, why not, I like werewolves and Vampires. I saw that it was number three and scanned the shelf for the others, but no. Only Eclipse. Bought it anyway. Decided to read it later. The first book demanded concentration, which I laked. So, I decided to go against myself (I hate reading books out of order) and picked up Eclipse. I hardly had time to get my reading behind off the ferry five hours later...
I was a mess after reading it. I hated the decision Bella made. HATED! So I forced myself to read Twilight and NEw Moon before going on to breaking Dawn, just to understand her choice. You see, I fell in love with Jacob from the second I laid eyes on him and his motorcycle in that schoolyard...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

Phew, didn't want to post too much but now there's a new thread just try to stop me lol
Finally slept last night, didn't sleep more than 2 hours thurs or fri, so was too frazzled to type anything more than "twilight good" lol
Just got back from Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, was good, but am having so much trouble with Twilight vamp myths vs older ones, lol, totally like "what's the big deal with the sun... oh yeah, smoke not disco ball" :lol:
jasmine wrote:Hottest male actors:

1.Johnny depp: obviously, damn his eyes!
2.christian bale: once again, way to gorgeous eyes..
Jasmine, yes and yes! (And I can see the prince nuada thing too)

ihadanEdwardRush *waves* hi, we're all newbies at some point :)

Lieziewiezie
I know there are ETSY sellers all over the world, I just put in a search for local to my country, then the shipping should be OK (and I'm supporting local people too).

Cymbrelynn, good luck with all the hunting, hope the caffeine hit helps :D
PaulinhaBrasil wrote:[I came to the Lex cos there wasn’t anybody I knew who even know the books existed. So, I found here not only people to talk about books, but real friends! Twilight changed my life for the best!
Paulinha, totally agree, was the same reason I joined the lex, with the same outcome :D

How long have you been a Twilight addict? Had just started reading stuff from US gossip sites about all the Twihards, and seeing trailers for the movie. So I bought the book in the airport on the way to the US for XMas and read it on the plane: 20th Dec 2008. couldn't find any of the other books till Dec 27th when at the airport on the way home (even though I looked everywhere near my parent's place!) Had read the whole series twice and seen the movie by January 2nd 2009 though, lol (including reading all of Midnight Sun that's available). *sigh* hurry up and give me Edward's POV already SM!
As for the movie, the first time thought it was horrible, we laughed so hard. Second time with lowered expectations and no bf to make fun of it thought it was much better. But the running and the sparkle *shakes head* I live in fear of the werewolf effects in the next one... :mrgreen:

Oh, and Wingtear, *nods head* Jake, you gotta love him. Didn't like Edward at all after the first book, didn't forgive him till Midnight Sun, and even then...
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Welcome Honey and Annie!

Ninna- Posting pictures sounds like a great idea! I guess Kim should direct us on how to proceed since she organized the whole thing.

Liezie- Ooh I loved The Hunger Games! I started reading it and finished it all in the same day, I couldn't put it down! Of course I had no idea it was going to be part of a series, so I was a bit disappointed when I got to the last page and it said End of Part 1 (or whatever it said exactly). I was like :o I was so glad I hadn't read any of the Twilight books until they were all released, because I'm not one for waiting for these types of things. I can't wait for the second book to come out though, I believe it's due for September '09!

Lily- A lot of my stuff is packed up at the moment, but I'll definitely send you some pics when I'm able to take some photos. Of course, don't expect too much from me :lol: I'd love to see some of yours also. I used to frequent the website http://www.craftster.org for inspiration, a lot of talented people on there! Glad to hear you're feeling better :D

Catherine- That is so cute about your TwiGuy discovery! They seem to be really coming out of the woodwork these days. LOVED Pineapple Express too! I'm glad to hear you liked it, I've seen it a couple times now, and can still laugh hard enough to nearly pee my pants as well. You must have a great sense of humor ;) Love James Franco too. Now I want to go back and add him to my hottest actors list... Oh well, too late.

Kim- I do plan on visiting them in their new home before I leave NJ and I should be able to visit them when I am home for the holidays and such. So that is good to know and makes me feel a bit more at ease. Oh gosh, last night was a fun experience, but I don't think you'll ever catch me line dancing :lol: My friend did though... with an old guy called "Texas"!

Jasmine- That is so sweet that you and your husband are both romantics and celebrate all the little anniversaries in between *sigh*

How long have you been a Twilight addict?
Well, I think it was about the 2nd week of August. I know it was after Breaking Dawn had been released. I first heard of Twilight from the Entertainment Weekly issue where they were on the cover, but hadn't heard anything about it and had dismissed it. Then, at Barnes & Noble one day in July I picked up a few books, saw Twilight and randomly decided to buy it. I didn't read it for about a month and thank goodness since I went through them so quickly, I would have died if BD hadn't been available! I read them over again almost immediately and I've been hooked ever since. I'm also no longer embarrassed to admit this to anyone :lol:
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I was more or less "jealousied" into reading it, although I'm rather glad I did. My love had justed finished twilight, and was constantly saying how madly in love with him she was. I know he's fictitious ( :o That's right, I said it), but it still made me feel pretty bad for a while. She kept pestering me, saying, when are you gonna read the series so i can talk to you about it. Well i put twilight on hold at the public library, and 13 weeks later, I read twilight. this was around May of last year, I think. Not sure of the exact dates of reading the others, but I know I just read Breaking Dawn about a month and a half ago, so it was like a 7 month hold on all of the books combined (in retrospect, it occurs to me that i could have put them all on hold at the same time, and then it wouldn't have been nearly as long or suspenseful between books).
But I fell in love with it, find it to be a quite spectacular example of writing the real life struggles of a teenage romance combined with the realm of fantasy/fiction that I was already immensely submerged in.
Made me have a new appreciation (which isn't to say that I even appreciated them before, literally the appreciation was brand new) of romance novels as well.. i guess you could kind of classify it as a romance novel anyway, or a romance series I suppose, with all of the tragedy and suspense of a fantasy/fiction novel..
Wait I already said that...
Think I need another cup of coffee.... :|
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
DHSHolly
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DHSHolly »

I got into twilight I think the second week in august. A friend of mine had recommended I read them. I needed a book to read on the plane. I had a lot of reservations because of the young adult thing, but I loved harry potter, so decided to give them a try. And I was hooked. It took a little time for me to read them because my bf was visiting and I couldn't read all day long like I wanted to. lol

I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who likes edward. I got sort of annoyed with Jacob throughout the series actually. I liked him better when he was happily imprinted, and he and Bella could be friends. I don't know. I just prefer Edward.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I really need to read the books again, because all of the speculation i've done on this site has been based off of my having read the series once, and i've gotten so caught up in the discussions that I actually really don't remember how I felt while reading it, except that I know feelings of dislike never really entered my mind... I just thought it was a horrible dilemma and i hoped that everything could be worked out happily for everyone.
It did!
So perhaps I should re-read the series, so that I can approach these discussions we have form a fresh perspective...
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp