Dating Thread

Conzoni al vento

Re: Dating Thread

Post by Conzoni al vento »

Cybermom-
haha.. FS sounds like a charmer. Now please answer something for me. I've been following his story loosely thee months but cant quite figure something out. Is he your son, or what? hows his dating life, by the way?
i like the way you think with the song.
I love the classics. I think that was one of the reasons i was into Lu. He loves classics, and i loved that about him. it's totally a Unchained Melody by Reighteous Brothers moment for me that i'd kill to dance to with my man.

speaking of man, where's Holden??? Last i heard he was on vacation or something. Anyone know when he's coming back?
a_n_n_a
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by a_n_n_a »

nissanmama wrote:My answer: Can you recite any lines from any Monty Python movie?
What do you think is a perfect song for dancing on a date?
I like a guy that's secure with a classic. You made me think of this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0klOg5Y ... re=related
Ahhh, Monty Python. I would love if someone asked me that.

"Come Fly With Me" is definitely a wonderful song. I'm a sucker for Frank Sinatra and basically any other classic jazz . . . At a youth conference dance we had in June they played a medley of different swing/jazz songs and I knew every one of them.

I'm guessing when Con asked the question she was looking for slow songs, or something in the general category of not what people now of days consider 'fast dancing'. I have to go with my favorite song, the song that is number one on my list to some time dance to, "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cwlL9tZo30
ImageImageImage
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

Noah and I broke up. It was mutual. Well. I was thinking about it a lot yesterday morning, but then I changed my mind by the evening and wasn't going to break up with him. Then we had a conversation and I asked him where he's at with everything, and the distance isn't working for him. I said yeah, I have so much going on, I can't juggle all of it and a long distance relationship. So now we're good friends and we're going to continue to stay in touch, bla bla bla. So, what he doesn't know is, it was more mutually one sided than an actual agreement. I wasn't ready to give him up. But I had to pretend like I was, or else where would that leave me with my pride?

I cried myself to sleep. :cry:
It feels so bizzare.
We were both so polite and everything.
And he is coming back this weekend, which means he'll be at church!
At my church, all the youth group (and the college freshmen, sometimes) sit together, because it's a teen mass.
So I will have to talk to him. And sit in the same vacinity. And I don't want to.
Would it be chicken to go to an earlier mass that day? :oops:
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

a_n_n_a wrote:[I have to go with my favorite song, the song that is number one on my list to some time dance to, "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds.
*sigh* That is a yummy song.
Conaoni al vento wrote:FS sounds like a charmer. Now please answer something for me. I've been following his story loosely thee months but cant quite figure something out. Is he your son, or what? hows his dating life, by the way?
FS=Football Stud and yes, he is my seventeen year old son. He's a senior, very good looking with amazing royal blue eyes like his daddy, member of the NHS, starter both ways on the football team, being recruited by Ivy League schools, Eagle Scout, taekwando black belt - your basic over-achiever who wasn't allowed to date until he was sixteen. He wanted to date before he was sixteen, we wouldn't let him and then when he turned sixteen, nothing. He didn't go on his first date for over a year, especially after getting slammed for prom last year. He took soccer-girl out a couple of times over the summer, but that's kind of petered out. I think they were both killing time until school started (today). He's very charming, but no overly flirty and I don't think much of a casual dater. He's the type that will fall hard and fast for the right girl and she'll break his heart. I don't need him to date so much, I just need to know he's capable of being a gentleman, carrying on polite small talk, figuring out the tip and getting along with girls before he leaves home, ya know? Life skills stuff. I don't want him to be afraid of girls.

StupidxLamb...I'm so, so sorry. Broken hearts hurt really badly. I think you should go to church Sunday. If it's not over, you'll both know it. If it is, and it sounds like it is, it will help the healing. I'm remembering that part of Pride and Prejudice when Jane says, "Now we can meet as pleaseant and indifferent aquaintances." You always knew this was a possiblity with him being far away. That doesn't make it hurt less, but perhaps takes away some of the shock. And you do have a whole new school year infront of you with new possibilities. Mourn and then be open to possibilities. Time will either make this better or put you back in each other's arms.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Conzoni al vento

Cybermom-
hahah.. yea i knew it was Football stud. Now i i know exactly who he is though which helps when youre talking about him. Has he read Twilight? If so, then he's a catch! not that he doesn't seem like one already =]

SxL-
I'm so sorry about what happened. Do you think now looking back that it was a good idea or not? I think, like CYbermom says, that you'll only know once you see each other. I very much think that you should go to church. Who knows what could happen. Go. You may not like it when you get there, or you love it when you get there... but for what i know of you you will definately regret NOT going. So please, go.
YOu think about breaking up with him alot... WHy? it reminds me of a passage in Tuesdays with Morrie.
“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.”
His voice dropped to a whisper. “Let it come in. We think we don’t deserve love, we think if we let it in we’ll become too soft. But a wise man named Levine said right. He said ‘Love is the only rational act’ ”
He repeated it carefully, pausing for effect. “ ‘Love is the only rational act.’ ”
(Tuesdays with Morrie, Albom, pg 52)
Does that make any sense? It seems like you are thinking of breaking up with him all these times because of him, not because you don't like him. As long as there is still something there than the possibilities are endless... then again time comes where we must be realistic and do something ourselves about what happened. Think about it.
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

Con, I wasn't going to break up with him when he did it. I was fine, I was happy, I was excited for him to come home this weekend. Once in July I wanted him to be really honest with me about whether or not it would work, and if he didn't think it would, I wanted to end it. This time, I was stressed about everything else in my life. And in the end, it's probably best that we broke up. But I like him so much, and I wasn't going to say anything until I KNEW that I couldn't do it anymore. He just beat me to the punch, and it hurt. A lot. :[ The situation was just a complicated one.
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
virginiax7
Learning to Love Green

Post by virginiax7 »

Holler, friends. Tuesday is now done (the school day, anyways) so I am in a good good mood. Dating life is still nada, but hey, all good things come in time. At least, that is what I'm telling myself, lol. As for our friend Holden? I talk to him on Facebook a lot and I know Christine does too, so next time he's around over there I'll ask him when he's coming back to us! But he's got a girlfriend now and they sound really cute. :D

SxL: I wish so badly that I could come over to your house and give you a really big hug. I know that that cannot have been easy for you, no matter how hard to try and make it seem like it was. You're right when you said it's a complicated situation (most of ours seem to be, eh?) and I really don't think there is any magical advice I can give you that will make you feel better, as much as I wish there was. You're the only one who knows if this if for the best or not and even if it is, that doesn't mean it can't be hard. I'm with everyone else in thinking that you should go to church on Sunday, just to see what happens. I hope that everything works out and that you feel better soon. -big hug-

Hey, do any of ya'll live near Ashville, NC? I'm going to be up there this weekend so tell me if you are and I'll come visit, ha ha.
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

V!! Thanks, girl! I wish I could have a Lex slumber partay. Heh. And yeah, I don't know if the break up was for the best or not, but I sure know that I wasn't ready to hear that from Noah. And it hurts that he didn't want to try any harder for a long distance relationship. He's only been gone three weeks, and this is his first visit home. :/ And I started liking him July of last summer. Then there were 8 months where I wasn't sure if he liked me, so that wasn't a heartbreaking time, because it was suspenseful and exciting. Then 5 months ago we talked about how we liked eachother, and I was on cloud 9. And this summer was amazing. Then bam. Nothing. So it's hard to go from 13 months of excitment, to bliss, to nothing. And I miss him. So. Much. He was crazy and immature in a lot of ways, but hey, there will be things about every boyfriend that I have that will bug me. And I wasn't ready to give up on him because of those things. Grr. :cry: But I'll be fine. I did my nails and I'm going to a group exercise class at the Y soon. I just need to burn some energy. And you're right. I will go on Sunday. But I'm not sure if I should approach him first or wait for him to. For the last 5 months, we've sat next to each other at every single mass. That's like, the last 20 times. O.O It's going to be weird sitting in front of/behind him and knowing exactly why we're not together anymore. But I think what will hurt even more is having him RIGHT THERE and not being able to sit close, or hold hands, or anything, because of the fact that in the morning, he'll be back at college. ... ... ...

Anyway. I need to stop now before I hijack this thread anymore. :P

Aww, I'm glad that Holden and his GF are still going strong! I would love to hear an update from the guy! Tell him that StupidxLamb summons him!! :D

And hey, now we're in the same, non-dating boat, V! Where do you want to sail?

If you want ot extend your trip a little further south near the NC/SC border...you could come see me! haha.
Team Edward
tiffi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by tiffi »

update:
i saw a friend i was really close to last year-lets call her joann. i waved. then i realized who she was walking with. BG! they didnt see me but my heart kinda fluttered-with surprise. because i was tellin a few friends at lunch that i saw my ex bf walkin with my ex bff and they were like "lol wouldnt it be hilar if they went out?" the idea didnt bother me one bit. no joke. but then i tryed to talk to joann about finding the perfume sample or whatever she gave me last year. and she said "um hmm" raised her eye browls turned her and and rolled her eyes a bit. you kno the expression. the kind only total beeotches use and mean it. i called her out on it tho because i dont take that i said "woah joann. what was that??" im not sure what happened with her. and before someone gives me a strike for writing about friendship problems (because we honestly only hung out like 3 times this summer! so we drifted and im in another "group") let me tell you that i think that it had something to do with BG. i mean they MUST hav talked about me!! thats how they kno eachother!! the last time i talked to joann was when i was venting about how i was so glad to be single........uh oh?? she was so cold to me!!
~TIFFITIFFITIFFITIFFI~ :mrgreen:

ill tell ya what was missing from Breaking Dawn! a full paragraph... page... CHAPTER of edward cullen naked!!!

splenda is splendid........:D
Conzoni al vento

SxL-
i posted before but it didnt come up =[
Anyway... it talked about you should still go the church because you would regret not knowing what would have happened. and me telling you that im sorry if im not a great advice giver but im telling you what i think (because im an honest person. i dont beat around the bush) and i cant give you fairygosmother answers but i can give you another opinion. if that is you want it.

and yay for holden and Elke (whats her real name again???) being together stilll. (if its the asame girl)

V and SxL and all us other singles.
hmmm.. yup. Lifes a bummer. But hey, one sday hopefully these guys will all grow out of their butthole phases and be normal people. I've been single since my first boyfriend (for a week) in eigth grade. Im now a junior.. Sometimes it hurts because it's hard knowing that only one guy actually ever liked you and even then he apparently went out with you for "the wrong reasons". But atleast the ftures open for what else life has to throw at us. Many heartbreaks, yes.. but surely one heart to mend it all back together.

Now in two weeks i plan to go to the club (this time without Lu.. only im inviting him and his girl and other people too) and i hope i can get some fun out of that situation. Only my mother (like Renée) thinks im an old soul (like Bella) and im guessing that doesnt really help.