Dating Thread

simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Dating Thread

Post by simple_love♫ »

I never had a boyfriend. but in the 8th grade this one kid was obsessed with me.. one time he called my house so I had my dad answer it :twisted: That ended that....

I'm kind of invisible at my school I have a couple guy friends and a few girl friends but I'm not popular, I don't go to the dances or anything.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
virginiax7
Learning to Love Green

Post by virginiax7 »

Hi guys! :D I'm so excited that the Lex is back up!

Not much new in my dating life...this guy who I've sort of had an on and off crush on for a long time is in two of my classes this year so I'm really excited about that. Nothing has happen, seeing as we've only been in school two weeks, but I hope something will. Keep your fingers crossed!

Once I'm done with the mountain of homework I have ( :( ) I'll be back to read through the first few pages of this thread and catch myself up!

P.S. Christine, your sig is amazing! :D
Ruby
Learning to Love Green
Location: my body is here, but my head and heart are elsewhere...

Post by Ruby »

simple_love♫ - You should go to the dances with your friends, even if you don't have a date. It's fun!
igotrhythm wrote:How much is too much? Is talking to a guy for too long or very often (sometimes more often than to a lot of other people) being "pushy," or is it an expected part of the dating "experience"?
If you like him and he likes you, it's not being pushy. Unless you talk only to him and ignore everyone else, or force him to talk to you when he's trying to talk to other people. That's pushy.
ImageImageImageImage
FireLuna
Wandering Through Town

Post by FireLuna »

I've been with my boyfriend for almost three months. =D I'm so happy, he's brought me well out of my depression. ^^
He was a half hour late on our first date, though. .-. Grr. And then our second date I payed $27.26 for our dinner. >[ He payed the $5 tip, but he had gotten me a $10 necklace from Hot Topic and some Dove chocolate, so it was okay.
We haven't been on any dates since then, but he's over my house every week, which is nice. ^^
He told me that I don't put myself down as much as I used to, and I told him that it's thanks to him that I don't 'cause he's made me so happy. ^^
Reverie
Settled in Forks

Post by Reverie »

simple_love♫ wrote:I never had a boyfriend. but in the 8th grade this one kid was obsessed with me.. one time he called my house so I had my dad answer it :twisted: That ended that....

I'm kind of invisible at my school I have a couple guy friends and a few girl friends but I'm not popular, I don't go to the dances or anything.
Hey hey doll, cheer up. =D I didn't get my first boyfriend until the very last week of my senior year of high school. People show up and find you when you least expect it.
wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by wishingiwasbella »

simple_love♫ wrote:I never had a boyfriend. but in the 8th grade this one kid was obsessed with me.. one time he called my house so I had my dad answer it :twisted: That ended that....

I think I had 1 boyfriend that went to school with me it lasted i think 2 months and then for the most part of HS i never had a boyfriend after that. I didn't even hang out with guys from my school I hung out with guys from a town that was like 30 min away because my dad lived their. and they were all out of HS or had the GED.

I took a girl to both of my proms junior and senior just because we were friends and one was to young to go to prom so she went with me. :-), and I only had 3 female friends that I actually called friends. So don't feel bad just don't think that HS is the best tie mof your life because it's not wait for college and real life that's when things start really happening!!!
Reverie
Settled in Forks

Post by Reverie »

Woot woot! That is the spirit. I muuuuuch prefer going with girls to the dances. They makes things much more fun in ways that going one one guy can't do. If you have the chance again go with friends. You'll have a great time. ^^
a_n_n_a
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by a_n_n_a »

simple_love♫ wrote:I'm kind of invisible at my school. I have a couple guy friends and a few girl friends but I'm not popular, I don't go to the dances or anything.
The thing is, while you feel invisible, chances are people notice you a lot more than you would guess. Just because they don't talk to you or make any attempt to, doesn't mean they don't see you. And as for not having a lot of friends, that's okay too. I only have a few friends that I'll make a great effort to hang out with and stuff. A lot of my "friends" are only school-friends; the kind of people I talk to and hang out with there but then I don't see them outside of school. But don't hold back from the dances if you don't have a date. I went to prom this year in a group, and 2 of my close girl friends didn't have dates either. We still ended up having a great time. Dates for prom are more of a formality than a necessity, because all you really do with them is take pictures and then slow dance to the "theme" song. Unless they're your actual boyfriend/girlfriend, a date like that isn't a big deal.

So a question for this Sunday afternoon: What kind of movie do you consider a perfect date movie? Or do you even think going to the movies is a permissible act for a first date?
ImageImageImage
wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by wishingiwasbella »

a_n_n_a wrote:l.

So a question for this Sunday afternoon: What kind of movie do you consider a perfect date movie? Or do you even think going to the movies is a permissible act for a first date?
A total horror movie, or suspensful movie like Transformers, No lovey movies for me they are just to happy ending ish. instead the scary ones give you a chance to grab at his hand or cover your eyes in his shoulder. Maybe a comedy as well btu more the scary movie than anything.
Reverie
Settled in Forks

Post by Reverie »

I believe movies are great for first dates. They avoid some of the first time awkwardness of sometimes not thinking of stuff to say. Do not go for lovey dovey movies.. og good lord no.. but go for something you both would like.