Dating Thread

Granuaile
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Dating Thread

Post by Granuaile »

Lena: Gosh, just totally ignore Lu. What I do when this happens to me is think about nothing but a given subject, like politics, God(for me), my family, etc. No guys allowed! And kudos for calling chelsea what she really is! Don't we all like bad boys? Sigh... Don't worry, I'm not talking about anyone recent.
Marie:Kudos for remembering yourself! It's good to talk, know someone, etc. And you didn't forget your headsmarts. That's admirable.
Christine: You. Have. A lot. Of. Guys! Wow! I wish I could pick and choose! They all sound so nice too, except for Andy. Yeesh.
Lauren: We all get pissed at people who are over the top (literally sometimes) like that. It doesn't matter who they are flirting with, so don't beat yourself up over it. And just put him at the back of your mind for a while. It's fine to like someone so long as they don't get ANYWHERE near taking up part of your life.
Sam: Now I have to try that when I go running next. I have exceptional trashcan avoiding skills, luckily! :P

Now, for my update! See, I would totally go out with him, but I made myself a promise not to go out with anyone for a year. At least I'm not as stupid about my crush as I have been. I will definitely talk to him (yes that does mean flirt as well as talk) and see his deal, since it kinda looks like he is becoming popular. That a.) puts him waaaaay out of my league and b.) probably means he cares too much about what ppl think for my tastes. But he could just be popular because his friend is.
Who needs imagination when there is Reality?
Answer: me

I wish our posts were graded, since this is what I'm doing instead of homework!

I am NOT bothering to learn ALL of your names. First come, first serve. And I'm done serving.
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

Granuaile...Thanks, m'dear! :] I appreciate that. Also...why did you promise yourself not to go out with anyone for a year? Not that there is anything wrong with that, but if you like someone, I imagine it could be hard to keep that promise. :lol: I wouldn't worry about his popularity. People all deal with that differently. Some people just can't handle it. Watch the situation carefully. You wouldn't want to be with someone who can't share the spotlight with you. ;] I remember when I was 14, I wanted to save my first kiss for my wedding day. Also...after my ex broke up with me, I promised myself I wouldn't date until college. Haha. I can never keep any promises. :roll:

Thank you to Holden for the good wishes! I know you'll get over Eva...you just need to want to. Sometimes, after a breakup, it's hard to even WANT to let go. That person became familiar and comfortable, and it feels foreign to move away from them emotionally, physically, whatever. But once you decide that you will be happier if you do, you will then truly move forward with your life. :]
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
holdencaulfield
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by holdencaulfield »

StupidxLamb: Your welcome, yea I know. I think that I need to try and just see what happens though. I guess otherwise I will never know. I feel kind of stupid, but who knows, I guess that I am going to try and see what happens lol.

Granuaile: Well I don't see any reason to restrict yourself if you are ready to date someone. That's just not good for yourself. Just because he's popular lol, doesn't mean that you can't be with him. I think that you should try anyways. You said that he was from Ukraine? You should ask him lots of questions about it, for whatever reason foreigners always love it when you take an interest in their counties.
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

StupidxLamb wrote:Thank you to Holden for the good wishes! I know you'll get over Eva...you just need to want to. Sometimes, after a breakup, it's hard to even WANT to let go. That person became familiar and comfortable, and it feels foreign to move away from them emotionally, physically, whatever. But once you decide that you will be happier if you do, you will then truly move forward with your life. :]
Wise words, Marie.

Mark and I broke up, what?, almost 6 months ago now. And only really recently (with much help to you all, might I add) have a truly gotten over him. Granted, I wasn't think about him much or whatever, but only within the past few days have I realized how terribly he treated me sometimes (thanks, Holden) and I had just never realized it. I'd put him on some pedestal that he defintitely didn't deserve. Gosh, I was dumb. I mean, he didn't treat me completely like crap, but he ended up making me do stuff I didn't want to do. I had this misconceived notion that he was perfect. Not even "perfect for me" but perfect. Wow, Sam. You're dumb. So now I'm looking for my other half. Not sure if I already know him or if I'm still looking. It's not as easy as imprinting. If only, right? Lol
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
tiffi

Post by tiffi »

newbie-hahhh well...id ask the regulars that...christine, con, holden, SxL, etc...

christine-how on earth did i miss him????? and he'd BRITISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good lord i vote for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol sorry tim

con-hahh no i do not swoon for BG. i was talkin bout ben, i tell yall that story later but i gtg cuz PROJECT RUNWAY IS OOOOON. (i hope they kill off kenly!!)

holden-jus take a break from her
~TIFFITIFFITIFFITIFFI~ :mrgreen:

ill tell ya what was missing from Breaking Dawn! a full paragraph... page... CHAPTER of edward cullen naked!!!

splenda is splendid........:D
holdencaulfield

tiffi: I don't know lol.

samajama: I'm glad that you have been getting over Mark. I'm sure that you will find someone. :D
Granuaile

Post by Granuaile »

Holden: Girls are mean, and you're dealing with some bad ones. Yeesh.
Sam: I have done way stoopider. DO NOT beat yourself up for getting over someone, no matter how long it took or how much help you needed.
Marie:Wow, you make my promises look smart! :lol: (In a nice way)
About me: I actually made that promise after my first relationship (and my latest, ugh) turned out really badly. Guys my age are just jerks. I figured I could skip dealing with this if I waited for a year or so. I'm not sure I am ready, too. I would loove you guys forever if you could help with that. I am trying to get to know him better, and I did talk to him about the Ukraine. He loved it! :lol:
Who needs imagination when there is Reality?
Answer: me

I wish our posts were graded, since this is what I'm doing instead of homework!

I am NOT bothering to learn ALL of your names. First come, first serve. And I'm done serving.
Valentina

Post by Valentina »

Gran, the problem is that guys your age are still BOYS. They haven't grown up yet. And they are behind the maturity level of their girls their age. No wonder we as a gender tend to date older guys.

Holden - I agree that getting back together with Elke is probably not a good idea, but all I can tell you is to be careful. Guard your heart and don't let her in unless she has earned your trust.

Geez Louise people, I was gone for two days and you guys talked a lot! I kind of skimmed over the pages, I confess I didn't read everything...

I worked yesterday and had to go to bed right after. I shudder to think whats awaiting me in the other threads.

My first kiss was with Matt, the Gay Guy in Denial. As he was leaving my house the horrible day I wouldn't let him break up with me, I said "Kiss me." (the bravest thing I have ever done... seriously, I thought I was gonna die). So he pecked me on the lips and walked away. Then my parents walked into the kitchen and totally figured it out when I said he'd left, and we'd just finished "saying goodbye and stuff", and Dad said "And stuff?" They figured it out. They probably thought it less chaste than it was.
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

Holden - im not sure that getting back together is a good idea. i mean you seam so on and off, and no one wants to see you get hurt again. if you do though i think you should really take things slow because otherwise, things are going to stay the smae between you.

my first kiss- my first kiss was with my first and only boyfriend. we were waiting at the bus sto-p a couple of months after we started going out and he was hugging me. i was going to kiss him on the cheek because my bus had come, so he really surprised me when he kissed me properly. twas a good first kiss though.

my update
so yesterday D told me that he was giving up on his ex before i had chance to tell him that i liked him so i could not give him advice. he told me that he had already talked to her and she said that she would never go out with him again. he was so miserable, that i did not want to saay anything to him about me because it would have just confused him more. then for the rest of the day he was flirting majorly with one of the girls who basically will go out with anyone. i know that he is just doing this to feel better about himself, but it just really annoyed me. now i dont know whether to say anything or to wait, because he is obviously hurting about what she said to him. and i am not really that confident when i am talking about myself to someone else. and on saturday we have a swimming competition in guildford, which means i will be sat next to him on a coach for an hour and a half, and i dont want things to be awkward if i say something
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
holdencaulfield

Landiana: I'm not sure if it's a good idea either. Honestly I think that it's a bad idea, because I can already tell how head over heals I am getting for her again. We still haven't agreed to anything yet though. I'm going to be very careful to say at the least. Because she is really going to have to earn my trust again. Well I feel sorry about D, but perhaps you can help cheer him up. I think that would be the best thing to do, but you want to be careful lest he get involved with you because of rebound. I wouldn't worry about him flirting with other girls, I mean that's never the way to solve anything, but honestly most guys get really depressed when girls break their hearts which is probably why he is acting like that.

Valentina: No you are right about this. I need to be very careful and protect myself from getting close to her again, because I don't want to get hurt again. So I will try my very best to be careful.

Granuaile: You can say that again lol.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Holden's Update:
Okay so yesterday was an okay day. I'm talked to Elke for a little bit online, and she said that she wanted to be with me but she seemed kind of distant. I would assume that she was just tired from a long day, and that she was actually only online so that she could talk to me. She sounded stressed out. But I haven't poured my heart out yet, and I don't plan to, until I decide that I can trust her again. So I'm going to continue being very careful. Also until I can actually trust her again, I will not kiss her, because I don't want her to hurt me again.