What are you reading?

dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Re: What are you reading?

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

I'm using the Borders gift card I got for my birthday for Catching Fire. :D Can't wait!
And she did, Nicholle. I haven't got it yet, but I need too!!!! Its about the little girl who makes glowing glass stuff, in the second and third ones. I guess she gets an adventure now, but I'm hoping Valek will still be in it. He's the series equivalent of Nawat in Trickster's Choice.
In the mean time, I'm re-reading Harry Potter before camp and before the 6th book comes out. 26 days on Saturday, and I still haven't gotten my tickets! *shames self*
It took me all of an hour and a half to finish the first one, and I'm two or three chapters away from finishing the Chamber of Secrets. If I didn't know better, I'd say Professor Lockhart has a bigger ego than I do.
Now where'd that Harry Potter thread go...? *goes off to look for it*
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I finished the Kite Runner, it was so good. I cried at the end.

Now I'm reading We Need To Talk About Kevin, while waiting for City Of Ashes!
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Snowstone
Learning to Love Green

Post by Snowstone »

I need some advice on what to read next, just finished The Host, and before that the Twilight saga.
I'm into Sci-fi, fantasy, especially if it has a good romance in between :D
My Twitter
Check my little stories and photos, and give me some feedback
My FictionPress Profile
My Deviantart Profile
Bastet
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Bastet »

try The Snow Queen and The Summer Queen by Joan Vinge... books are really amazing and have romance in it ;)
join the dark side, we have cookies :)

UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

Snowstone wrote:I need some advice on what to read next, just finished The Host, and before that the Twilight saga.
I'm into Sci-fi, fantasy, especially if it has a good romance in between :D
OK, I just finished Paper Towns by John Green -- I wouldn't recommend it. The ending was OK but I had to make myself read to see what happened. And there was also this guy that made disgusting comments the whole way through (although, he was rather funny when he was drunk). It is neither Scifi nor Fantasy -- so don't bother.

Here are some books that I DID enjoy:
1. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (the second book Catching Fire comes out in Sept) -- this is more of a dystopian society book but it is a must read, you will most likely love it -- it's a very fast-paced book, a lot of action, and there is romance too
2. Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare (City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass) -- fantasy and romance, you'll love it
3. Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kissed, Blood Promise - to be released in August) -- obviously fantasy, got some good romance too -- I was surprised at how much I like these books
4. Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception -- different twist on the faerie world and it has a touch of romance -- I didn't like it as much as the others but it was still one that I had a hard time putting down

Hopefully you haven't read these yet, but I hope it will get you started. Twilight will always be near the top of my favorites, but there are actually a whole lot of good books out there to read. I've gotten tons of ideas from this forum -- LOVE this place!!! :D
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

^^I thought Paper Towns was hillarious, and it did have some depth to it too, not at all just a book about drunk teenage boys chasing some girl. I recommend it heartily, if you don't mind a lot of teenage-dirtyness.
I would suggest the Hunger Games as well, along with
The Wheel of Time series- an epic good vs evil fantasy tale, I love them.
Ender's Game- sci-fi, about an amazing child general who saves Earth from destruction by an alien menace
Anything by Tamora Pierce- she's an excellent fantasy author!

I'm starting Prisoner of Azkaban today, and any mention of Sirius makes me giggle/cry.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I just started reading Wuthering Heights. I've never read it before, and have wanted to thanks to Eclipse. I'm only about 30 pages in so I don't have an opinion yet!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

I'm reading Sarah Dessen's new book, Along for the Ride. I've read all her previous books, and love them all. And Along for the Ride is amazing! :D I'm over halfway through.
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

I have nothing to read now that I've finished Katherine Mansfield. She's an amazing author, I can see why she's regarded as NZ's best.
A few days ago, I read the Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox. I couldn't put it down so I read it in one day. It was amazing, inspiring, powerful and full of well-written characters that you really care about.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

KikiMasenCullen
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Looking into the eyes of the beautiful Edward Anthony Masen Cullen

Post by KikiMasenCullen »

Uhm, Eclipse...right now...and a fan fiction called "Only Human" I'm laughing and crying...
Team Carlisle
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
Every Rose Has It's Thorn-Team Rosalie
Proud Cullenist...all hail Carlisle