What are you reading?

BellsEdwardalways
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: What are you reading?

Post by BellsEdwardalways »

I am reading Romeo and Juliet right now. It's been since High School since I read it so I figured it was time to read it again.
http://chelseadawn.webs.com/
Banner by Kimmy. Avatar made by Narnia
Banner by threethings
JoanneMaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: crying in the midst of a boundless labyrinth of ancient trees *New York*

Post by JoanneMaria »

una wrote:
-Jasper wrote:It's a book title by Lionel Shriver.
Ah, thank you! I'll look it up!

Twahy-lahyt, TTW is a fantastic novel. Did you know that they have made it into a movie. I believe it comes out next year, they just posted the trailer on the net.
Even the trailer is sad, I have tears in my eyes.
Thanks for the link!!!
"Life sucks, and then you die." BD 143
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

^ Hmm, sounds like an interesting novel! I'm going to have to make note on my desktop and try it sometime!

Right now, I'm putting The Long Patrol on hold for The Princess Plot by Kristen Boie. I think that princess stories are over done but this book actually seems different from all the others. Here's to a hopefully good read.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Aww, but Carissa! The Long Patrol is awesome! Its realy hard for me to say which of the Redwall series is my favortie, because there's so many!
I'm still waiting for Bloodhound, must visit the library!
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:Aww, but Carissa! The Long Patrol is awesome! Its realy hard for me to say which of the Redwall series is my favortie, because there's so many!
I'm still waiting for Bloodhound, must visit the library!
Oh, I'm going back to it! I just want to get the other one done first so I don't have to deal with "you can't renew this book due to holds." I don't think I'll run into that problem with Long Patrol! So far, my favorite is Pearls of Lutra, right along with the first Redwall and Mattimeo. It's nice to see I'm not the only one who's read the series! X3
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
NotNessie
Settled in Forks

Post by NotNessie »

I just posted my book review of Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. I loved it, and I think this is one that will appeal to a lot of Twilight fans. It's about a girl who falls in love with a werewolf/shapeshifter. Go check out my review and let me know what you think!

http://ultimatebookhound.blogspot.com/2 ... vater.html
NotNessie
Settled in Forks

Post by NotNessie »

And I forgot to say, now I'm reading Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle. I guess I'm going for winter themed books this summer. haha
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

NotNessie wrote:I just posted my book review of Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. I loved it, and I think this is one that will appeal to a lot of Twilight fans. It's about a girl who falls in love with a werewolf/shapeshifter. Go check out my review and let me know what you think!

http://ultimatebookhound.blogspot.com/2 ... vater.html
I'm waiting for my library to get Shiver -- it does sound good.
Have you read the author's other book Lament: The Fairie Queen's Deception? I really liked that book -- and the sequel is coming out this October. :)

I just finished Magic Lessons which is the second book in the Magic or Madness series by Justine Larbalestier. That book got really wierd, but I'm going to go on and read the last book to hopefully clear some things up. It's been one of those books that I'm reading while waiting for other books to come out . . . such as Catching Fire! I can't wait for that one.

Oh, and I just got Graceling by Kristin Cashore from the library but my husband grabbed it first and is reading it. It's a good thing he's a fast reader . . . I'm very excited to read that one!! And the prequel comes out this October!
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

Oh, and has anyone on here read Wings by Aprilynne Pike?

Here's the synopsis:
Aprilynne Pike's WINGS is the first of four books about an ordinary girl named Laurel who discovers she is a faerie sent among humans to guard the gateway to Avalon. When Laurel is thrust into the midst of a centuries-old battle between faeries and trolls, she's torn between a human and a faerie love, as well as her loyalties to both worlds.

I've heard people compare it to Twilight so I'm going to have to read it!!

Here's a link to see some reviews about it:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5056084.Wings
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

The Ex-Factor: Edward & Bella. Hands down THE BEST fan-fic out there!! Blows WA out of the water and AngelAatTwilight(Angela Shrum) is an amazing author who really knows how to grab a reader's heart with raw, powerful, emotional prose and leaves you starving and thirsting for more.

I can't get enough.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict