What are you reading?

Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Lieziewiezie »

LadyViolet wrote: Started reading a Great and Terrible Beauty last night/ vair early this morning liking it so far lovely and mysterious :D will have to hunt me up the other two books
Glad to hear you like them! I bought them randomly after hearing somebody just mention them on here. Ordered all three of them at the same time to save sending costs, so they better be good ;)
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

LadyViolet - I will Mod Edit: Please refrain yourself from using vulgar language in our forums. We are a PG site and of public viewing. ~Nena I'm on a quest to find them I seriously need some more from Zoey and crew.

I tend to order/buy a few books to a series because a lot of the time I get addicted and want to read the next one straight after and I've gone to buy the second book to a series before and they haven't had it in stock which makes me real mad :evil: So I tend to buy a few books toghether. I hate it when I end up not liking the first book though coz its such a waste of money :roll:
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

Oh the stupidity of Amazon!! Jess i've looked on the Uk amazon for Chosen (5th March btw) and what is soo stupid is that you can get the hardcover of the fifth book Hunted (10th march) MONTHS before you can get the paperback of Untamed (9th august!!!) how daft is that?!? :evil: i need to have some stern words with the peeps who run amazon.
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

LadyViolet wrote:Oh the stupidity of Amazon!! Jess i've looked on the Uk amazon for Chosen (5th March btw) and what is soo stupid is that you can get the hardcover of the fifth book Hunted (10th march) MONTHS before you can get the paperback of Untamed (9th august!!!) how daft is that?!? :evil: i need to have some stern words with the peeps who run amazon.
Mod Edit: Please refrain yourself from using vulgar language in our forums. We are a PG site and of public viewing. ~Nena It's stupid English publishers. Like with the pretty little liars series there all out in England including the new one in hardcover all except for one right in the middle thats randomly not out over here :x It's sooo annoying when your reading a series. I think we should pack up and ship ourselves off to America Ladyviolet!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I'm still working the Dark-Hunters series, I think in some ways it is superior to the Black Dagger Brotherhood, however I'll never give up the brothers!

The Marked series is good but I got so annoyed with the last two books. It feels like she spend the first three-quarters working up to the actual action in the last quarter to only have an extreme cliffhanger. I know I can only take so much of that before I will be completely turned off from it. However the mythology is interesting, the characters sometimes annoy me, but I do appreciate how they are able to make mistakes, that things are not always easy and rosy for them.

As a reminder - this is a PG thread. Please watch the profane language as it is frowned upon. Thank you!!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

una wrote: As a reminder - this is a PG thread. Please watch the profane language as it is frowned upon. Thank you!!
Amen and thank you :)

I agree, Marked (House of Night series) was hard for me to love, I really wanted it to be good -- but, eh, it just turned out to not be as great as I was hoping. Can anything in that genre be as good as Twilight?? Haven't found it yet . . .

I just finished A Great and Terrible Beauty and it was good -- left me with a really dark feeling, but it was a really interesting story. Better get on the waiting list on the library for the other two books.
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

I am reading Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen
yaya! :}

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

jessica_louis- yeah i know...none of my friends will even consider reading it...so thats why i got my girls here...im looking forward to your PM...each book gets better and better...but 3 is my all time favorite!!!

una-i agree DH is better in ways..but the botherhood is just somethign else...<3...*sigh* lol

as for me i am off to the next DH book...so great
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

First off I'm really sorry about the vulgar language I didn't realise that what I said would be considered offensive. To me it isn't but I can see how it is to other people so sorry about that.

Second I'm really loving dark lover its so good can't wait to get my hands on the other books!

Third Does anyone know how many books there are to the great and terrible beauty series? I know there are three out but are there anymore due to come out?
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

Oops sorry about the bad language folks - what might offend you guys isn't really thought about in England so we forget to moderate ourselves.

Well finished A Great and Terrible beauty last night - was a smidge confuzzled as some bits i may have sped through a bit too fast so i didn't fully understand what was going on. but i liked it nevertheless.
Jess - i think there are only 3 books cos i believe its just a trilogy but i won't know for sure til i finish the others :D
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)