Alice's Party Planning Committee -- Team Alice thread

FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Alice's Party Planning Committee -- Team Alice thread

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

Oh my God, I'm away for like two days and I miss about fourteen pages! Two more and we get a shiny new thread :D

I can make Friday 20th, but it's gonna be real awkward because that's my late day in college. Monday, however, is my early day, so Monday would be better for me... Though I agree, it's a bit of a weird party day.
Everyone's thoughts are totally scattered on the date... How about if we put a poll up on the APPC forums with dates or something, and people can just vote which date would be better for them? Might be an easier way of gathering everyone's thoughts without having to tread through 20-odd pages :lol:

Jess, I LOVE all your ideas. The mini champagne is ADORABLE and I love the gift bags. I hope everyone else goes for the popcorn stand. It reminds me of the 50s for some reason :lol: which works, 'cause that's when Alice and Jazz got married, right?

I know I'm security and this is probably more caterers area, but I bartended the last party and had such fun finding drinks for it that my fingers overtook my brain and went finding more for this one :oops: Just a few ideas, based on the red-and-gold colourscheme that we seem to have so far, and the whole fancy glam idea:

Pink Champagne
Red Margaritas
Cosmopolitan
Champagne Tower

I've had about an hour in the past two days to look for these and obviously I'll keep looking, but what does everyone think? Sorry if I'm treading on Caterer's toes here, I couldn't help myself!
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

Haha, tell me about it, FLM. One more page until a new thread. :D

Yes, I'll probably get a poll up for you guys to choose the desired date for the party and have you guys nominate who you'd like for each award. That way I can narrow down the nominees and let you all vote.
-Emmaline
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

Thanks FLM! I think your drinks are really good too perfect for the party specially the champagne tower!
So is everyone up for nomination and then it'll go down to the top four for each category to be revealed the winners on the night? I have a few ideas who I want to win certain awards already ;)
I can't wait for the new thread!
Oh and I think the idea for voting for a date is really good as well then we can see which dates better for everyone but can I just say if you know your not going to come then dont vote? Because its not fair on those who know they can definitely make a certain date and then cant go because people who dont want to go to the party have voted a different date...if that makes sense? lol
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя
edwardlikeshaystacks

The only concern I have is how the whole "voting for the best dresses" award would work since the votes would be casted way before the party is set to start.

So do you guys think we should have categories such as:
Best personality
Most helpful
Class clown
Most likely to take over the world
Best overall?

-Emmaline
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I like those catagories, most likely to take over the world? :lol: That would be funny to see how the voting turns out on that one.

Emma, how about you can choose to enter best dressed competition? and submit your outfit by a certain date?

Jess, I love all your ideas like the film being shown on the walls and gift bags and stuff.

I don't mind the date, except that I can't make it on monday, so I'll vote on it if we get a voting thing on the site.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

Thanks Jenni! :D
The idea for submiting an outfit is good I think or we could go on the last partys outfits?
Emma- I like those ideas for the categories I have a few more
Most friendly
best ideas
most active group member- err emma I wanna vote you on that one! ;)
Best question asker
Best party planner
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя
edwardlikeshaystacks

Jenni: Brilliant idea! I think that's a good way to make the best dressed category work.

Jess, I'm going to add those to the list right now. :)

Turns out that I have a few tests to take tomorrow so the poll might have to be put in action tomorrow.

So the 20th is convenient for everyone then?
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

ummm yeah maybe but i might be in florida hahah but the whole march break i might spend in florida hahah anywho... its okay if i miss the party as long as im here to plan it.. cause thats what we are right hahahha
i will pm a mod when we get to page 100 hahah

logan
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

All right, I made my way back! (Finally!) Anyways, I see you guys already went into the details of the party. I have to say everyone here can come up with some of the most creative and fun ideas I've ever seen!

And I have one question about the dress code: Are we dressing up like movie stars or characters from movies? And if we're doing characters, can they be from any movie? I just need a general idea so I can start thinking about what I'm going to dress up as.

What do you think Alice thinks about how vampires are portrayed in the media (books, movies, TV show, etc.)
I think she finds them ridiculous just like Edward does. She probably reads/watches half of it so she can have a good laugh.

Question Count: 25
Last edited by Carrisa on Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

carrisa... you have school no the 23rd?? hahahah thats march break for us... ohhh do you want me to make a poll on the appc forum?? ohhh if you guys have any suggestions for a thread on the appc forum... tell me haha

logan
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake