The Gutter Gals & Co. --Innuendo thread for the "older" fan

Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

The Gutter Gals & Co. --Innuendo thread for the "older" fan

Post by Pel »

WARNING!
This is the PG+ rated Adult thread (its probably closer to PG-13, but even we have our limits). For G-rated conversations see the Heavenly Hash Adult Thread.

Thread guidlines carried over from previous threads...

Welcome to the Gutter, please follow these rules to prevent us all from drowning in this thread or any other.

It is important to remember that the main forums are not a chat room or an IM feature. Posts need to be of some length and relate to the topic. One line posts, especially just saying LOL or something similar take up a lot of room and are hard for people to wade through when they have many pages to catch up on.

Related to that, it's not necessary to post just to say good morning, goodnight or to "keep the thread alive." You can certainly say good morning at the top of your first post of the day, but don't make it the ONLY thing you say. As for keeping the thread alive, it's not going anywhere. It will still be here long after all of us have moved on to newer things.

Quoting. The quote feature is neat. And helpful but when quoting, delete out the parts of the quote that aren't necessary to your response. Quoting, especially when pictures are included take up TONS of room on the lex and make it hard for all of us. It's quick and easy to cut out the parts that are unnecessary. Quoting is also one of the easiest places to fall into IM behavior. It is so frustrating to have to scroll through tons of quotes just to get an "I agree." questions that don't benefit the whole group, or are directed at one person need to go into the PM feature. If we constantly repost thins like links or topics from the past, we burn
through unnecessary pages.

Straying off topic. This one is probably the hardest, since we are an off topic thread. So I can't ask for much here, perhaps just a little mindfulness when it comes to posting. Consider if it is something for the whole group, or something that belongs in a PM.

Those of us who started out on this thread LOVE it. It has been our home here. We love new people, and
new ideas. We do want everyone to play nice and have fun. We would hate for something to happen to this thread.

This thread (well version 2 of this thread) started as a "safe" place that adults could come and discuss the books, theories, and a few other topics. Many of us felt we had little in common with the teens that posted on the majority of the threads. Also many of us were very put off by all the hate post eclipse or by getting flamed for our more adult opinion based on our broader experience. Usually someone would post a question and we would all weigh in. It was great!

It was a thread where Jake girls and Edward girl had fun side by side, delighting in these wonderful men Stephenie has created.Several of us have even been converted to a greater understanding of the Volturi. Sometimes we joke about our desire to polish the granite boys or groom the dogs (Pel started that actually.) But we used to keep it strictly to innuendo no deeper than that.

We often discuss other books that we are reading as well. Some of us have a list of over 200 books to check out as a result of this thread! I think we even have discussed movie and TV recommendations as well.

This has been a wonderful safe haven to many of us since Eclipse and we have formed some wonderful friendships.
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!

Re: The Gutter Gals Thread--Innuendo thread for the "older" fan

Post by Ouisa »

Well this pretty new lexicon just won't do! It's so shiny and sparkling!
There's nothing here that needs polishing! There's a distinct lack of warm soapy water around here!! No pillows bitten, no broken headboards! It's time for the gutter gals to come back and get....dirty! Heck we might not even make it all the way to the bed!

Welcome back everyone!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Woo Hoo!! We are back in business!! I've missed all of you Gutter Girls and Guys!

A big thank you to the powers that be for resurrecting our beloved discussion board! And it is SO pretty too, I almost embarrassed to think of how we'll just gutter it right up! :twisted: I can't wait...where's my TWIN?!?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
-EB-
Wandering Through Town

Post by -EB- »

Now it's the multihued purple pages.

What a nice clean slate.

I have some soapy suds right here Ouisa with no green monsters floating in them either.
Q: How does one insult a mathematician?A: You say: "Your brain is smaller than any Epsilon>0!"

a pet project to show my Meyer love:Image
Hera
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hera »

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! The boards are back up! :mrgreen: Hope everyone is doing well.
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Why isn't this thread covered in feathers?
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Post by Pel »

I must join in here briefly, although I'm sure the rest of the board will be keeping me very busy.

Why would one limit oneself to the bed?

Just thinking, wonder if the cabin has a shower...wonder if they realize there are a lot of fun things to do in the shower that don't involve getting clean...wonder if Emmett attached the soap dish with titalium bolts when he helped build it?

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Enjoy all!
-EB-
Wandering Through Town

Post by -EB- »

Pel wrote:Why would one limit oneself to the bed?
B/E did go for that "swim" in the ocean on their wedding night. Although saltwater doesn't sound tempting to me :shock:
Q: How does one insult a mathematician?A: You say: "Your brain is smaller than any Epsilon>0!"

a pet project to show my Meyer love:Image
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Una, my Twin, I am here! Thank you so much for the text letting me know our beloved home is back. I've been checking it out almost daily. It looks marvelous.

Thank you to all the ladies who worked so diligently getting everything back up and running. You guys are super amazing! I wasn't informed whether a male was involved in the resurrection, but if one was, thanks to him as well.

I still have the same name as before, but I tweaked it from goodnight_elizabeth to what it obviously is now. I'm still GNE for short.

Welcome back sisters...and brothers. Let the dirtiness begin!!!
:twisted:
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
somethingblue
The Godmother

Post by somethingblue »

Did someone say dirty? Well, here I am, ready to cross all lines and probably get in trouble for it!

Where to start? Let's see, this is the gutter and we like to talk about polishing Edward's marble and grooming Jacob's dirty fur...I'm feeling flushed already! Ok, so on topic with Breaking Dawn, it took Emmett and Rosalie 10 years to get over their initial all night long lust sessions. How long do you think it will take Edward and Bella? Better yet, how long would it take you if you were with Edward cause I'm thinking, um, it's a never-ending story :twisted: