The Gutter Gals & Co. --Innuendo thread for the "older" fan

Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Re: The Gutter Gals Thread--Innuendo thread for the "older" fan

Post by Feathers »

SSVD needs to make a welcome thread... :twisted:

That's a really interesting thought, though. About Edward's 'talk'. I mean, he HAS seen it from their perspective, but he didn't... feel it.... like, the emotions, like Jasper might have. So I'd imagine it would be something to do with controlling himself. I mean, Bella's his singer, for crying out loud. He's willing to give himself over to the most natural instinct a man can have, and he's praying that the most natural instinct a vampire can have won't kick in. I guess that just goes to show how nearly losing Bella really did curb that desire.

And I have this strange feeling that even if Kate couldn't shut off electroskin, Garrett would actually enjoy baking with it on.

And how uncomfortable would be the non-ready-to-bake Edward be in gym class? Is it even uncomfortable when you're made of granite? (stop me if I sink too far into the gutter, ladies. Pull me out.)

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!

Post by Ouisa »

Heart Song I think there is a difference between seeing/hearing such activity in one's mind and actually participating in it. Just like reading it in one of our book club books or watching a movie. You can see what's going on, you can imagine it in your own brain, but it's NOTHING like participating for yourself. If I remember correctly Edward was asking Carlisle what it would be like for him. It's a vulnerable (and adorable) question.

ETA I don't think Bella was in danger from being a singer. Once Edward makes up his mind in Eclipse I think she's out of danger. Perhaps there would have been danger during the delivery/changing phase but even then Edward's will is just as strong as newborn Bella's.

Ren how the heck are you at 300 posts already. Gosh I miss my post count. I used to be 1300 and then I was 700. Now I'm at 13. Oh well at least I will get to be "learning to love the green" again. I loved that rank.
Last edited by Ouisa on Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Feathers wrote:And how uncomfortable would be the non-ready-to-bake Edward be in gym class? Is it even uncomfortable when you're made of granite? (stop me if I sink too far into the gutter, ladies. Pull me out.)
I love the faith you have in us Ren! You know, as most of us are DGG's, we'd be following you down that rabbit hole! :twisted:

I would think like any man since (and I'm digging Alphie's answer) it is in the 'relaxed' position of down, it would not be uncomfortable. No more so than his arms or legs, right... However it would also depend on how accommodating his clothes are and how sensitive granite is... Ooh, here's a thought, when they become vampires, their skin now reacts differently. How sensitive is their sense of touch?? Or is the emotions and feelings enhanced because of enhancement of the other senses??

Oh...how I have missed the gutter - amazing how we can just jump right back in! :D
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Heart Song
Wandering Through Town

Post by Heart Song »

Feathers wrote:That's a really interesting thought, though. About Edward's 'talk'. I mean, he HAS seen it from their perspective, but he didn't... feel it.... like, the emotions, like Jasper might have.
Who's to say that Edward didn't feel anything when his family members baking. He did feel Jacob's pain when he was injured during the battle with the newborns.

Oh, gah - now I know I'm in the gutter.
banner by the lovely ~ouisa~ adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis

Twilight Stories and Host Stories
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Ouisa wrote:Ren how the heck are you at 300 posts already. Gosh I miss my post count. I used to be 1300 and then I was 700. Now I'm at 13. Oh well at least I will get to be "learning to love the green" again. I loved that rank.
Ren had some very serious issues when the Lex went down, and she realized how terribly she missed it. Then it came back up. And rather gleefully (dangerously so) she realized that few enough people had joined that she could effectively post on everyone's welcome thread. ...Well, then she decided to see how long she could keep that up before she got overwhelmed. And... yeah. 300 posts later... I need some serious help. The Lexicon is like, crack or something. I can't get off of it for very long. Maybe once I've had my fill I'll be able to step away for a normal amount of time. Maybe. It was a little embarrassing when Alphie pointed it out. :oops:

So... skin question. Are vampires.. more sensitive to touch? Because if ready-to-bake Edward is the same as not-ready-to-bake Edward with the exception of direction, and ready-to-bake-Edward is sensitive... then... he's going to need some very accomodating gym shorts. And not those itty bitty 80's ones that he would be able to pull off beautifully.

<3 Ren

ETA: Really good point, Heart Song! I think I may recant my original statement. Now I'm not sure what to think! :shock:
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

First, Alphie, thank you for your answer!!! :twisted: That was the best laugh I've had in a really long time. :lol:
una wrote:However it would also depend on how accommodating his clothes are and how sensitive granite is...
Let's just say that the Cullen men probably don't wear a lot of sweat pants in public. ;) I mean, when Bella describes him after he takes his jacket off at La Bella Italia, I can only imagine what other parts of him would look like if his clothes hugged him too tightly. :twisted: Whew, did Jake just come into the room, or what?
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!

Post by Ouisa »

Heart Song wrote:
Feathers wrote:That's a really interesting thought, though. About Edward's 'talk'. I mean, he HAS seen it from their perspective, but he didn't... feel it.... like, the emotions, like Jasper might have.
Who's to say that Edward didn't feel anything when his family members baking. He did feel Jacob's pain when he was injured during the battle with the newborns.

Oh, gah - now I know I'm in the gutter.

Yes but he was hooked into the pack mind at the time. Emotion times 10 people (wolves) intimately connected like that is more powerful. I still maintain it's more like reading/watching baking than actual baking. When I got married I thought I knew a lot about baking but when it came down to my honeymoon I feel just as vulnerable and questioning.
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I, too, like Alphie's explanation of how things work for Edward.
Last edited by bac on Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Heart Song
Wandering Through Town

Post by Heart Song »

SSVD wrote:
Heart Song wrote:I want to know why Edward found it necessary to talk to Carlisle and his brothers before the honeymoon. How could he have possibly missed the intense passion in the house and how the males responded. The only way he'd miss that is if he was never home. Covering his ears and singing laa laa laa is not effective when you're a mind reader. He's '"seen" it all for heavens sake!
Heart Song... Did I miss that part? I don't remember Edward saying anything about having "the Talk" with Carlisle and his bros in BD.

Check page 93
banner by the lovely ~ouisa~ adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis

Twilight Stories and Host Stories
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

una wrote:
Feathers wrote:And how uncomfortable would be the non-ready-to-bake Edward be in gym class? Is it even uncomfortable when you're made of granite? (stop me if I sink too far into the gutter, ladies. Pull me out.)
I would think like any man since (and I'm digging Alphie's answer) it is in the 'relaxed' position of down, it would not be uncomfortable. No more so than his arms or legs, right... However it would also depend on how accommodating his clothes are and how sensitive granite is... Ooh, here's a thought, when they become vampires, their skin now reacts differently. How sensitive is their sense of touch?? Or is the emotions and feelings enhanced because of enhancement of the other senses??
I agree with Una, I think that it's just in the relaxed position. I just think that since he's a vampire and all that he can just keep baking longer. I'm sure those are some nice fluffy cookies!
I'm glad this thread is back! I hope I didn't go too far in the gutter!
~Elizabeth (formerly known as RealGirlsLikeFastCars)
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back