Black Dagger Brotherhood

gypsyeyes
Wandering Through Town

Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood

Post by gypsyeyes »

Teak wrote: If you like the Brothers, you might like the Breed too. (Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian ) More vamp warriors to read about! There's a thread in this forum about them also!
Thanks for the sugesstion Teak! I'll be sure to read them very soon!

una: I hate it how good serie's always get pitted against eachother (eg. Twilight & Harry Potter). Why can't we enjoy both? If we really want to get down to it, many people have written vampire fiction before, the general idea of the novels is not what the author owns, but what they did with that idea and how they expressed it.
Look, JR Ward even reveiwed the Breed books:
"Evocative, enticing, erotic . . . Enter Lara Adrian's vampire world
and be enchanted!"
--J.R. Ward, New York Times bestselling author
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Exactly! I don't compare series because I feel they are stand alone. If it was really that close, someone would sue and we'd be done. I enjoy them because I enjoy them. Also, they have completely different mythologies. I find them wonderful and fun and I really enjoy them!

Especially Qhuinn.... :twisted:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
smalltowngirl
Settled in Forks

Post by smalltowngirl »

[
If you like the Brothers, you might like the Breed too. (Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian ) More vamp warriors to read about! There's a thread in this forum about them also!
Teak, una, thanks for the recommendation. Sure thing I'll buy it the next time I've got some money left ;) .
And I also think that you shouldn't compare series written by different authors with different backgrounds. I mean, try to compare Twilight and BDB- doesn't work, does it?
So, it's best to enjoy each series as its own, as una said.
BTW: I LOVE the three youngsters Qhuinn, Blay and John.
Wait, who hasn't read book no. six yet? Big surprise about one of them.
But I'm not going to tell... 8-)
*Member of Team Edward*
*Twilight Riddler*

"There's no point to forever without you. I wouldn't want one day without you."
"Well, that's a relief."

somethingblue
The Godmother

Post by somethingblue »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:Nima: you make a good point. These books should come with a warning label. Rated M for Mature, Macho, Manly Men, Mesmerizing, and Mmmm.
GNE - you forgot Mammoth.... :twisted:
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Blue: Shame on me! I not only forgot Mammoth, but I also forgot Mouth-Watering, Meticulous, and Mischievious.

Ladies, do you remember on the old thread the discussion about front clasp bras? Someone pointed out (was it Una?) that all the women wear front clasp bras. In Sherrilyn Kenyon's Fantasy Lover**, Grace also wears a front clasp bra. It is noted that she has small breasts. Well, for the first time in my life I bought a front clasp bra. That thing is part straight jacket. The thing had 7 hooks--yes, SEVEN! Took my hubby a few seconds to un-clasp it. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: We decided we don't like it. Back clasps are easier if you are an endowed woman like myself. Why don't more fictional creatures wear back clasp bras? There are some truly beautiful pieces out there.

I guess front clasp bras are supposed to be sexy because: 1)allegedly easier to remove 2)strays from the norm.

So...are all these women not endowed women like myself (and like a few of you)? Are the authors just bored and trying to be sexy by using a common object? Are paranoromatical creatures that much more talented?

**I finished Fantasy Lover last night (2002). I really liked it. Suspenseful, smutty, sexy, sensual. I recommend it.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

[quote="Goodnight Elizabeth"]Blue: Shame on me! I not only forgot Mammoth, but I also forgot Mouth-Watering, Meticulous, and Mischievious.

Ladies, do you remember on the old thread the discussion about front clasp bras? Someone pointed out (was it Una?) that all the women wear front clasp bras. In Sherrilyn Kenyon's Fantasy Lover**, Grace also wears a front clasp bra. It is noted that she has small breasts. Well, for the first time in my life I bought a front clasp bra. That thing is part straight jacket. The thing had 7 hooks--yes, SEVEN! Took my hubby a few seconds to un-clasp it. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: We decided we don't like it. Back clasps are easier if you are an endowed woman like myself. Why don't more fictional creatures wear back clasp bras? There are some truly beautiful pieces out there. I guess front clasp bras are supposed to be sexy because: 1)allegedly easier to remove 2)strays from the norm.[quote]

7 hooks in the front? Wow! For us "less-endowed" (okay, I need a better term so that it doesn't sound like I'm "lacking" in any way - did you know in 18th century France, the perfect breast size was judged to be that which would fit into a champagne glass? - think of a new term for us "small but perky" folks ... okay back to the original thought) ... for us less-endowed, front clasp is indeed convenient and enticing/exciting for both the wearer and the remover. Visualize it - face to face, a simple flick of the fingers (my front clasp has just one little latch) and presto! Sorry it wasn't all it was cracked up to be GNE! You'll just have to live vicariously through me (okay, I absolutely *never* thought I'd say that about the two of us, my dear friend! I'm usually the only living through you!)
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Di! Hahahahahahaha Thanks for the invite to live vicariously through you. I've had ginormous breasts since I was 13 yo, and wouldn't know what to do without them. Umm...yes I would. I could tuck shirts in, wear smaller tops, wear dresses....I have to stick to skirts and blouses because I need 2 different sizes. I married a breast man and he would be unhappy if one of my breasts fit perfectly into a champagne glass. I don't know what the attraction is. Seriously. I just know he's in love with them. He told me they are perfect. I agree...perfectly cumbersome.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I just wish I could move it around, a little off the hips and add it up top????

Found this picture today. Could be one of our tatoo'd brothers.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

My cop won an award?! :twisted: How awesome is that? I've missed the boys and the Breed warriors were good company and a couple of MW movies seemed to fit the bill for a little while... :twisted: I'm hoping for more good stuff in October.

About the front bra clasps, didn't they just tore it open with their teeth? Oops.. *inner monologue*.

N'mama, that picture looks like the Rock. Is that him?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:Di! Hahahahahahaha Thanks for the invite to live vicariously through you. I've had ginormous breasts since I was 13 yo, and wouldn't know what to do without them. Umm...yes I would. I could tuck shirts in, wear smaller tops, wear dresses....I have to stick to skirts and blouses because I need 2 different sizes. I married a breast man and he would be unhappy if one of my breasts fit perfectly into a champagne glass. I don't know what the attraction is. Seriously. I just know he's in love with them. He told me they are perfect. I agree...perfectly cumbersome.
Got the name for the opposite of "well-endowed": it's the Itty Bitty (the next word rhymes) Committee. I'm glad to hear that many of the gals in BDB are IBTC members. It's hard to say whether our BDB men are "breast men" or other types (I had heard there were only 3). Back later.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!