Black Dagger Brotherhood

fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood

Post by fanMNM »

una wrote:
  • 4/4/09: "Don't shoot me!" (To Trez.)

4/5/09: "I'm impressed. You wake up like a fighter." (To John Matthew.)

4/5/09: "No, I never liked you, and that hasn't changed." (By Xhex.)

The first one could really be anyone who was coming near Rehv...since Trez is his bodyguard and all...

The second one, I imagine, would be Xhex talking to JM?

And the third could be Xhex talking to JM, Rehv, the Princess? Really, my mind can come up with tons of possibilities for this one....

Thank you Naureen!!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Feathers: I don't think you're weird. In fact many of us aren't buying the hardcover because all of our books are paperbacks. We're all weird. :)
fanMNM wrote:Speaking of which, what does everyone think the deal with that is?? Why does the SV have Payne frozen and hidden away? Obviously she hasn't always been frozen because she knows the SV well enough to hate her...I just don't know what to think about that except that the SV had her locked away because she's dangerous? But why release her now then? Was it just a crazy need to keep one child after letting V go live with his father?? Hmm.....
Here's my thought, Fan: I thought the SV was trying to protect her daughter from being inducted to the Chosen. I'm not sure if we talked about it before, but I got the sense that the SV finally realized that leaving her son with his father *grumble grumble* wasn't a too keen idea and thought Payne was better off isolated with her.

Man, I totally forgot about the Moores. Looks like I really have to do my rereading of the Bros. :twisted: :mrgreen:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Your BDB quote of the day:
  • 4/7/09: "Your female going to be tight with this?" (To Phury.)
Hmmm....what could this be about?!?

I think, from the little glimpse of Payne that we saw, she is far too much like her father's temperament (warrior) to be a chosen which I'm sure is what the SV's dream of Payne was. If, while growing up in the NTR, Payne showed that warrior nature, I'm sure SV had to isolate her from the others. Or she sent her down to earth to be raised there. But, I'm sure something happened to cause the SV to bring her back to the NTR to isolate her and keep her suspended in order for her not to harm anyone or as a punishment. Maybe we'll get an idea of it in Rehv's book since we know she makes an appearance. Hmmm, maybe that is what this quote is about...Payne going to live with the other chosen who opted to be on earth with Cormia and Phury. Maybe V is talking to Phury...
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

WOW, you ladies have been busy writing. I will have to go back to read and catch up.
AccioCon was a BLAST. As much as I love Edward/Rob, I was totally Team Emmett this weekend. I got some amazing pictures and videos. He is just WOW!!!!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I'm sorry if this is a repeat of a previous conversation, but can someone refresh my memory at just exactly where Phury stands with the Brotherhood now? Wrath put him off patrols, basically a warrior in name only. And Phury no longer lives at the compound. At the end of his book does that change? I'm pretty sure nothing was said to indicate a change in his status but did I forgot or miss something?

My instinct with that quote would be one of the Brothers asking if Cormia would be ok with Phury back out fighting....but really, now that I think about it more, it could be anything...

Thank you Naureen!!
somethingblue
The Godmother

Post by somethingblue »

I think today's quote might be about Phury coming back into the Brotherhood to fight, realistically. (at his book's end, he was in the Adirondacks with all of the Chosen, right?) Although, the thought first occurred to me...gee, does someone else need to drink from Phury and they're asking if Cormia would be OK with that? Hmmmm.
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Blue, you have a great point there. Could be Wrath talking to Phury about reinstatement. Which would be great and would show that the Chosen's new roles have been sorted. Or maybe about Phury coming back part-time to fight. Question: When he was stripped - was the teaching role with the pre-trans taken away as well. Could be about him easing back into full brother status by teaching again and occasional duty-rounds/fighting.
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

Just got all caught up with the post. I can't believe that I forgot about the qoute's. I've just been so busy lately :geek:
I LOVE the them. I def. think that the latest one is about Phury going to fight, but who knows.
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Really, who knows. But yes, I believe Phury was stripped of his teaching, too. So yes, he might be coming back to do that, though I don't think Cormina would have an issue with that. i HOPE it's about fighting, now that he's clean and sober.

Question: As I just finished Phury's book and it's still fresh in my mind, I was not at all surprised when Phury did the H, mostly because I knew something was gonna have to come close to either killing him or Cormina to get him to quit. So while I didn't see it coming exactly, I wasn't surprised. What did you think of this?

I knew he was going to have to go sober to get Corimina, and the males always get their females in their books. (We'll see what the heck happens with poor Tohr - any thoughts on that?) So I knew he had to sober up, and I knew it would take something serious.

<3 Ren

PS - The problem I find with Ward's quotes is... well, I know Stephenie has a sense of humor and intentionally picked quotes to screw with our heads. Quotes that really didn't mean anything. "Edward: Oops." You know? I don't have a sense of how Ward interacts with her fandom at all. Is she the same? Or would she choose serious quotes? It really does make a difference in how we interpret them. Like it could've been V and Phury talking about shooting pool instead of Phury going right back to Cormina if she has a tendency to do the Meyer thing.
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
una

Post by una »

Feathers the WARDen did say that she is (I'm paraphrasing) twisted and enjoying the theories everyone is coming up with for the quotes. They are picked for her amusement in seeing how the cellies work their theories on them. She did come clean on the first two of them, but not any of the rest.

I had guessed that the climax of Phury's conflict would be his addiction. I had worried that he would actually be kicked out of the brotherhood. It stood to reason that the only way he'd get his HEA with Cormia would be to conquer his addiction which I knew had to involve Cormia, since it would bring them and bind them together. The particulars threw me, but I did get the general gist.