Black Dagger Brotherhood

fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood

Post by fanMNM »

maye's just going to be a human friend on the outside? But that never seems to bode well for the human...the lessers can turn a human over to Omega like with Butch...so that seems kinda dangerous...
Honestly, I don't really do well trying to guess where Ward is going to take the Brothers because she always goes somewhere I was least expecting...so who knows where the story goes with Manny?
I'd love to see Manny's reaction to seeing Jane again though! He went to her funeral, saw her fade away as a ghost, and then for her to show up mated to a vampire?? That would be a funny scene I think!

And we can only hope the morgue question isn't related to a Brother or one of their allies.

I'm hoping there is more about Lassiter in Rehv's book as well. I'm curious exactly what his role is...

Honestly though, I'm not looking forward to more of the baking scenes with Rehv and his "princess" (wasn't that what she was called?) I'm forgetting little facts already!

Thank you Naureen!!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

23 more days, ladies until we get our hands on Revh! :twisted:

I'm glad that Ward has decided to do a quote countdown like SM. I'm glad that we are going to see Manny again. Perhaps he is going to bond with Payne like most of us thought? Btw, who is iAm?

As for Manny's storyline, I doubt that Ward is going to do another Butch story. She tends to stay away from repeated storylines. Anyone know how old Manny is? Maybe he's a half vamp like Beth and hasn't hit his transition period yet? :roll:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Females! (And males! Are there any?) Last time I was here was before Phury's book was even released, and at that point I was only halfway through Z's book. And now, I've finished! So I can play happily with nary a worry of a spoiler. (I didn't pick up the Guide thingy though, should I?)

Also, since there have been like, 80+ pages since I last posted, I'm not going to try to catch up. At pain of possibly repeating it, I'm going to toss it out because I think it's worth mentioning in case it hasn't:

In V's book, when V saw Manny, he thought brother. Manny isn't related to Jane, so it's not a brother-in-law type thing. Jane (as mentioned) thought she'd see Manny again. I think the Scribe Virgin's daughter, Payne, - Vishous's sister - is going to have something to do with Manny later. Thoughts? Has this been batted around before?

Good to see you all again! I plan to stay caught up in the BDB world now, so I think you're stuck with me on this thread. ;)

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Feathers, that is a great suggestion! I think there is a great deal of questions surrounding both Manny and Payne so there could be a connection there...and I had totally forgotten about V thinking "brother" when he saw Manny. Do you think that makes him another Butch? That would seem repetitive to me...but Ward is anything but predictable...

So maybe Manny will be connected to Payne? I don't see any other possibilities at the moment...

Thank you Naureen!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

OH Feathers - that was a great little theory bit! Thanks!! And no worries about not catching up - It's been so long since I've read some of the books, going over things again is helpful!

CG - iAm was one of Rehv's body guards - the "moors" wasn't it? We don't know really what they are.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Twilightmom - yeah, the Moors is right. All we know is that like, sympaths can't flush them out which is why.. not iAm... Trez? The other one? Went with Rhev to Princess's.

Having just finished Phury's book, I'm really, really interested in seeing what happens with the Moors and the Princess and Rhev. (And Xhex and John. And Blay and Qhuinn. Ooooh I just want the next book!) I think I'm going to wait until it comes out on paperback, though. Mostly because I'm anal retentive, and if all my books don't match, I'm going to have some serioues Obsessive Compulsive issues. So having all the paperbacks and then a random hardback.... it's going to screw up my bookshelves. I'm weird, I know. I might just see if I can snag it at the library and read it right away, and wait for it to come out in paperback to buy it. Still waiting for Eclipse in PB to finish off my collection... one Hardbound autographed, one paperback for frequent reading...

fan MNM - I don't remember too closely, but I think that feeling of Brother. is what kept V from actually killing Manny, 'cus at the time, as I recall, he was all in bonded-male gogo testosterone and the fact that Manny wanted Jane meant that Manny = dead to V. Heh. Bonded males. Pfft. :roll:

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Feathers wrote:Twilightmom - yeah, the Moors is right. All we know is that like, sympaths can't flush them out which is why.. not iAm... Trez? The other one? Went with Rhev to Princess's.

Having just finished Phury's book, I'm really, really interested in seeing what happens with the Moors and the Princess and Rhev. (And Xhex and John. And Blay and Qhuinn. Ooooh I just want the next book!) I think I'm going to wait until it comes out on paperback, though. Mostly because I'm anal retentive, and if all my books don't match, I'm going to have some serioues Obsessive Compulsive issues. So having all the paperbacks and then a random hardback.... it's going to screw up my bookshelves. I'm weird, I know. I might just see if I can snag it at the library and read it right away, and wait for it to come out in paperback to buy it. Still waiting for Eclipse in PB to finish off my collection... one Hardbound autographed, one paperback for frequent reading...

fan MNM - I don't remember too closely, but I think that feeling of Brother. is what kept V from actually killing Manny, 'cus at the time, as I recall, he was all in bonded-male gogo testosterone and the fact that Manny wanted Jane meant that Manny = dead to V. Heh. Bonded males. Pfft. :roll:

<3 Ren

Ok, dying laughing at the bonded-male gogo testosterone!!!! :lol: As I recall, V doesn't really mention what went thru his mind when he met Butch...he just said he had dreamt of him. So I don't know what V thinking "brother" means exactly for Manny. Manny is too old to be a pre-trans though...so he's obviously not a vamp...and so I just don't know what role he's gonna play? Think he ends up being Payne's HEA and the SV turns him into a vampire in the end to make up for all she owes Payne for keeping her locked up all those yrs??

Speaking of which, what does everyone think the deal with that is?? Why does the SV have Payne frozen and hidden away? Obviously she hasn't always been frozen because she knows the SV well enough to hate her...I just don't know what to think about that except that the SV had her locked away because she's dangerous? But why release her now then? Was it just a crazy need to keep one child after letting V go live with his father?? Hmm.....

And I so totally share your OCD need to have all the books match! I to was thinking of ways to read the book without buying it until it came out in paperback!

Thank you Naureen!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Feathers wrote: I think I'm going to wait until it comes out on paperback, though. Mostly because I'm anal retentive, and if all my books don't match, I'm going to have some serioues Obsessive Compulsive issues. So having all the paperbacks and then a random hardback.... it's going to screw up my bookshelves. I'm weird, I know. I might just see if I can snag it at the library and read it right away, and wait for it to come out in paperback to buy it.
You are not alone! In fact most of us are trying to figure out how to handle the whole hardcover issue. My library doesn't carry the series, and they don't do inter-library loans for books newer than 6 months. I'm thinking about buying the Kindle version (I downloaded Kindle on my iPhone), if it's not too expensive. Then get the paperback when it comes out. GRRR!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Sorry I was MIA for the weekend...catching up on quotes and info:
  • 4/4/09: "Don't shoot me!" (To Trez.)

4/5/09: "I'm impressed. You wake up like a fighter." (To John Matthew.)

4/5/09: "No, I never liked you, and that hasn't changed." (By Xhex.)
That is all the WARDen has posted - there is a lot of discussion of course to the context of the above - but I will spare you the cellies discussion so we can have our own.
Last edited by una on Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

To me, the logical conclusion for the Xhex one is she's talking to John Mathew. For some reason, I think she's talking to Rhev. They sort of have that love/hate/sympath thing going on. Just my two cents. *shrug*

<3 Ren
Ren's newest story!