Black Dagger Brotherhood

cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood

Post by cullengirl »

How do you think Thor's struggle would be different?

Good question, N'mama! I do think Tohr will have the same struggle/denial as Phury but the reasoning behind this will be different. As we all know and understand, Phury has denied himself because he is selfless; almost to the point where it is harmful to him. He doesn't see himself as valuable and is plagued by survivor's guilt, which is why one of my favorite (and heart breaking) moments in Phury's book is his discussion with Z. Z finally tells him that he could not be saved and that Phury did not save him. So for Tohr, I think it's his inability to feel like he can love someone again. Maybe not with the same intensity as he loved Wellsie but to love anyone, which is why I think Tohr and Jm need to establish a relationship that grows before Tohr can be romantically involved with anyone.

Tohr, for me, in relation to the MB warriors is a combination of Tegan and Rio. Like Tegan, he's lost his partner because of his enemy. I think once Tohr is finally ready for battle, all hell will break loose. I imagine him to be 100 times worse than Phury in his rage. (LOL, sorry couldn't help the puns). Like Rio, I think Tohr will have some trust issues. Maybe not with his partner but with the SV? If she's willing to give him a second mate, what's stopping her from taking that mate again?

Speaking of being cursed, what about Blay and Qhuinn? I wouldn't like to think that their sexual orientation takes a role in that. I really do think Ward is better than that.

Happy Belated to VampSiren! Come visit soon!
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I think we have yet to see Qhuinn & Blay being cursed. So far Blay's life is pretty nice. He has wonderful parents who love him and his friends. Qhuinn hasn't been a fraction as lucky as Blay. On the one hand, I would say that Qhuinn has had a somewhat cursed life so far, but it was only so far as his parents hated him just because he has mismatched eyes. That's prejudice - not a curse.

I agree with CG in her comments about Tohr's struggle. He will first need to accept a familial love before he can accept a romantic love.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I always relate Butch and Qhuinn. They are both victims of prejudice from their own families and both have a specific fighting mission/designation. Qhuinn doesn't have the same relationship with JM as Butch does with V, but JM hasn't revealed himself yet.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Here, here, Tohr's heart will need to mend slowly. A good first step will be in re-establishing his relationship with JM. I think Tohr will fight against another mate simply because he'll feel like he's betraying Wellsie's memory and the life they had. I agree, it may take Wellsie appearing some how to him to convince him to move on. (And if so, I'll SO need some Kleenex!)

I think Qhuinn is cursed, his mismatched eyes according to their race is a curse. It is considered a defect and he is yet built like a warrior. Plus the fact that not only is it a physical imperfection, but he is also color blind. His family, due to this imperfection, has scorned him and disowned him. But from what the WARDen has hinted at, he still has more heartbreak to come. Qhuinn is definitely getting a share of the "warrior" curse. Or, am I mistaken, isn't this more of a Brother curse? It's not necessarily the warriors who suffer, but the Brothers because of their special ranking/abilities/skills/position?

I think Blay's will, unfortunately, be a result of his orientation. It seems to me that the glymeria is overtly conservative in their views (look at their treatment of Qhuinn and the "impurity" of Bella). Course with the gylmeria pretty much wiped out now, I'm not sure. But I would have thought that would be a problem but only if he becomes a brother... since (see above) only Brother's bear the curse. Course, the brothers don't seem to care so it may not be that at all, but I'm sure he will have some cross to bear if he becomes a brother.

Speaking of, are we assuming that JM's experience in his hall was his punishment for being a Brother? What will his cross to bear be since he is destined to be a brother (since he is one)? Or has his previous life been punished enough?

The SV is all about balance so to those that have much...much can be taken.

ETA: Just to let you know, B&N is being mean to me and I cannot pick up the Compendium nor "The Magical Christmas Cat" (the short story by Nalini Singh) until tomorrow afternoon. So...suffice to say, I'm pouting!! :x
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Okay, maybe I'm mean, but let me explain why I'd prefer Tohr stay single.
(I can even pull in a Twilight reference!)

Could you ever imagine, if Edward was to die, that Bella would pick up and marry Jacob? (This, of course, before Jake imprinted on Nessie.) How would you react?
I'm not Mormon, but I feel like death can't sever the special bond between two souls as entwined as Tohr and Wellsie. Yes, Tohr was blessed and as a Brother, he was due for some suffering (I'm starting the Lords of the Underworld this week, so I'm sure to see suffering times a thousand there!).

Is Blay getting a book? I didn't think so. I thought his "cross to bear" would be that he might not ever find a mate. Or maybe he will get one, but a whole book won't be devoted to him.
Let's keep up the BDB chat!
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

If Edward were to die and Bella met another very wonderful and special vampire, would it be different? I don't think she should deprive herself of a lifelong companion. Jacob is a different story. Too much history.

Tohr may live for several more centuries. It would be cruel to expect him to live as a hermit the rest of his existance.

My aunt married her high school sweetheart and had 2 kids with him. When he was 36, he died from complications caused by diabetes. My aunt married again 5 years later, she loves her husband very much. That love takes nothing from the love she felt for her first husband. This is only in human years. I couldn't imagine living 30 years without a companion much less 300.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

nissanmama wrote:I always relate Butch and Qhuinn. They are both victims of prejudice from their own families and both have a specific fighting mission/designation. Qhuinn doesn't have the same relationship with JM as Butch does with V, but JM hasn't revealed himself yet.
Good point, N'mama! Yes, both Butch and Qhuinn have issues with their families. I think for Butch, there are two main reasons why his family doesn't like him: a) the survivor's guilt of his sister being brutally murdered and raped while he survived and b) his unknown parentage/symbol of his mother's affair. Butch always felt like an outsider who hasn't found a home until he met the Brotherhood. He longed for people who had the same beliefs as him but as well as the strong kinmenship between the Brothers that made the concept of family real to him and not just a bunch of people who are related to one another because of blood. I'm dying to know the identity of his father. Does he have any siblings that we don't know about? Maybe it will be in the compendium? True, it's doesn't make a difference since he's already a Brother but I found it interesting that he's a relative to Wrath.

For Qhuinn, it's his physical "defection" is the main reason why he's an outcast in his family.

As for the Butch/V and Qhuinn/Jm relationship, I think it's a parallel. Butch and V got to spend time with another throughout the first 6 books with major emphasis on the their individual books, which is why I think they are so close. They are kindred spirits who truly understand one another. I think with Qhuinn being JM's protector, they will become closer but I'm not sure if they will become as close as Butch and V.

ETA:
LadyDi wrote: Could you ever imagine, if Edward was to die, that Bella would pick up and marry Jacob? (This, of course, before Jake imprinted on Nessie.) How would you react?
I think we've all thought about this situation if Edward never returned in NM. We all know that Edward would be ok with that option, in fact it was his option as he later discusses it with Jake in the "Fire and Ice" chapter in Eclipse. I'm not so sure that Jake would be happy with Bella's decision. I mean, sure he will be thrilled that he has Bella but I think there is also the fear of living upto Edward's standards (heck, we still do it even though Edward is still alive!) as well as being the rebound guy. Not to mention the fact that there is a possiblity that Jake will imprint on someone else while he and Bella would potential be together. I see Tohr's situation to be different. He does need love to help repair him, which is why I think he and JM need to establish a bond (father and son? best friends?) in order for him to move on. It'll take a long time. :cry:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Good discussion, I am really enjoying this!

I agree, LadyDi, let's keep our BDB discussion going. In that, the WARDen hasn't decided if Blay will have his own book or if his HEA will be resolved in someone else's. I could see Blay's life being resolved in Qhuinn's book (with some of it being in JM's) depending on the order after Rev's book. I think I am most interested in seeing how the Chosen will work in Rev's book since there is so much more freedom now. Plus I really want to see Phury reinstalled as a Brother.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I'd like to see Thor with Layla. She's been rejected so many times. I could see Thor going to the chosen for feeding like Rhage does and becoming friends with Layla, encouraging her in her non-baking scholastic interests and eventually becoming attracted to her. Layla would see Thor as a "safe" friend because he's been through so much and wouldn't be looking fora mate. She would be equally surprised by her attraction to him...then again this sounds an awful lot like Phury's book.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Layla and Tohr would be a good couple, but for some unknown reason I keep picturing her with Qhuinn. Maybe it's the sense of longing for someone to love, rejection from the clan (since she was rejected by Blay and therefore be seen by the Chosen as "defective" and their baking expertise? Speaking of the delicious Qhuinn, do you all think Ward would make an exception and have Qhuinn be mated with both Blay and a shellan? I can see Qhuinn's struggle with loving them both and which one more. This way Blay could have a mate and a HEA. I know that my heart will breake if Blay dies. I almost didn't finish Phury's book because I thougth Tohr offed himself.

Also, is there any mention on Ward's site that Qhuinn's color blindness and different color eyes signify something? I'm sure there is some significance. What do you all think?