Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by Lunna-san »

TillyWhitlock wrote:Morning all.

I told you I'd be up and running on three hours of sleep. I got up and made Shane's lunch and then I tried to go back to sleep, but this thought kept creeping into my mind. All of a sudden a story started to spin in my head. What if Jasper turned Bella instead of Edward???? I figured that since this is going to bug me now, I might as well write a story around it. And it takes me forever to write a story. I don't just write Fanfic. I haven't in YEARS. Like before I started college. When I was still in high school. And I graduated four years ago. So my writing fanfic hasn't happened in at least six. I have to get into the right mind frame to write it. So I registered with fanfiction.net and as soon as I get the confirmation email, I'll try to get it up. Considering I'm supposed to work on dishes again today. I didn't finish them. I'll work on them sometime today.

I'm ready Good Bella, Bad Bella. And Obie you're right, it's smutty, but I dunno. There's something about bad @$$ Eddie that makes me happy and all attracted to him. Maybe it's my love for all things bad boy since I'm engaged to such a goody good. That's why I love Jasper. He's the bad boy of the Cullen Family. :-) Okay I'll be back later. I'm rolling my eyes at Bella in this story, but I understand Edward to a t. is that bad? haha.
Hmm, I'll add my two cents on this.

Personally, I'm not much into Jasper/Bella... it's just odd. Jasper belongs to Alice and Bella to Edward. I simply can't see them together... or maybe I haven't read a fanfic which portraited this on the right way. "shrugs" The most bizarres (I don't mean to offend anyone) are those ones with Carlisle/Bella or Emmett/Bella. Simply wrong.

I love both human and unhuman stories. It just makes me angry when they change the appearance of the characters - does this bother anyone else? "Edward had dirty blonde hair"... I stop reading in the middle of the sentence. If there was something that I loved about Twilight it's because the main guy had auburn hair and looked awsome.

I started reading Good Bella, Bad Bella,a while ago and, like you guys said... Edward is cool in this bad boy way. But there is something about this story... I think it's Bella and the way the author portrait her that it's kind of irritating. I stopped reading a while ago and I couldn't make myself startover.

Janny: Have you read Heatwave? It's very good and it's set between Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. Edward is a vampire.
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Okay to clear this up because Obie said kinda the same thing. it's not that I'm writing Bella and Jasper together. Because I'm not. I'm writing Bella and Edward married. There is no way around it. I just was thinking what if Bella had gone to Jasper and asked him to change her. Her knowing that Edward doesn't really want to do it, and he feels like he's stealing her soul and all. I want to give Bella and Jasper a bigger connection that the two of them being in laws. In my opinion I think that after Edward and Carlisle, Jasper would be the most okay with doing it. Not that he would be able to do it. And that's going to be in there too. The fact that Bella asks Jasper to take her life knowing that Jasper is the most likely to kill her. I want that to try and write something from Jasper's POV about the difficulty of not only changing her, but at first hiding this fact from everyone in his family, including Edward and Alice. The story is pretty much going to be seeing how Jasper and Bella's relationship unfolds. But I'm not going romantic with those two. That would be too weird for my first trip back into fanfic.

Don't get me wrong. I would find it interesting to see a Bella/Jasper or even and Edward/Alice fanfic, I just can't write that because I believe that Jasper and Alice, and Edward and Bella belong together. I really couldn't write a Bella/Jake story. But I'd read them. I just know what I feel comfortable with and I guess the whole asking Jasper to transform Bella caught some people off guard.

Today was spent reading Good Bella, Bad Bella. It was... interesting. We'll leave it at that.

Maintenance guy showed up to replace the batteries in our smoke detector. That thing goes off all the time. It's ridiculous. We got to talking about the warm weather and I told him I hated to see it go. I love the cold and the wet. (I'm the polar opposite of Bella in that instance) Other than that I've done absolutely nothing. I did one load of dishes. That just means I'll work more when Shane gets home. I think that's it. I'm off to work on writing more.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

No havent read that. I dont read fanfics that are in between the books. Twilight is twilight and i dont want extra chapters on that story. I mostly love the part where they meet and fall in love anyway, so i always read 'new' fanficstories. I cant get enough of them falling in love over and over again. Im an addict for love and romance :mrgreen:

ive just pleated 7 meters of taffeta and need to pleat 7 more. Hopefully i can do that tomorrow, because my neck is hurting right now. The upperpart of the blue skirt is finished, the pleating is for the bottom. Hopefully i can work on the bolero aswell. And hopefully i get the day off work tomorrow, since it hasnt been busy the last couple of weeks, so i can work on it tomorrow.
My hat came in the mail today and its so cute!.

Cant wait till its sunday, my moms going to go with a friend aswell. I cant wait to see her face when she gets there. Its like you step into a fairytale world, where orcs, fairies, princess, witches etc, are normal. I always love looking at ppls costumes, makeup etc.

weird stuff: the dvd was going to be released on the 14th op may in NL, but now its the 9th of july? Why? Its 20 euro, and its not even a special edition or anything. We bought the Uk special edition and even with shipping only payed 17 euros.
Twilight isnt big enough here...hopefully there is going to be merch on the EFF, i want an alice choker..badly.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Sarah loves that Tilly loves Eeyore! Sarah loves Eeyore too! :D

Hi to all the newbies Twilightchick79, Mary, Lu nie to meet you!

I’m Sarah, 22 from London. I work as a fundraisre for a charity, am obsessed with chocolate and get annoyed at myself for not posting here every day when I promise myself I will.

Has anyone else noticed how many Aries there are here and all their birthdays are around the same days? Or did I just notice because I’m one of them!

I love your new banner Ninna! Sarah agrees with Ninna that the last speak in 3rd person day was three months ago and obviously the Lex is missing it very muchly.

Yay Amber for preferring Friends! I have them all on video and DVD - its also on TV right now :) Also yay to Amber for reassuring me that its ok to still be living at home, for having obsessions and for being in a choir when you cant sing

Jasmine that would’ve been so cool to put a note on the Volvo – I wonder whether they would’ve understood it?
How can you feel like an ugly duckling? You’re absolutely STUNNING! :D

Pharmer I think some people just happen to be on Facebook more (not me at all…..) I don’t know why. Although I only tend to be on for quick bursts at a time not for any long in depth posts or chats – that’s what the Lex is for!

That’s really interesting on the colours thing. Although to be honest no-one will ever know how anyone else sees a colour….ok stuff like that makes my head hurt when I start thinking about it too much!

Are you on Facebook Pharmer? You can see what people look like then. Or we could nominate a day to set our sigs or icons as a pic of ourselves?

Yay Lu for liking Jonathan Rhys Myers! I’ve loved him since Bend it like Beckham. Again it’s the accent….*swoon*

I’m exactly the same with procrastinating Mary! I put everything off until the absolute last minute but then the pressure means it ends up being quite good. My managers don’t see it that way though unfortunately….
I’m also very timid around guys I like. If I don’t fancy them or if I’ve known them for years then I’m “one of the guys” (apparently, I don’t really see that as a comliment!) but if I really like them especially if I just met them I come across like an absolute idiot. Or the front comes on and I just seem rude. :cry:

Kes I missed the convo about N*Sync and Backstree Boys but I loved them too! Old school songs from my youth. Memories!

Obie very jealous at the Coli Firth dream. I love him! I think there are a lot of people who browse the forums but never post. Just for them: “Hello everyone who must know tons about us but doesn’t post! Don’t be shy – we wont bite! We’re nice people!”

(Sarah just read Ninna’s post about the fact that people may not be reading this thread. Never mind)

Sidney, I say “Hello Children” to everyone – even if they’re older than me. I got it from Chandler in friends!

I wasn’t convinced I’d like fanfic, in fact I was truly against them. But hearing everyone praise some of the stories and hearing the storylines of some of them I think I’d like them. Have to give them a shot if I ever get the chance.

Wow this has been a mammoth post! I have a quick piece of opinon I’d like to ask – particuallrly of the guys, I need a guy’s opinion! To prevent from boring everyone who doesn’t want to read it and to try and trim down this essay of a post I’m going to start afresh…

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
SarahGoddard

Post by SarahGoddard »

Ok so heres my situation:

There’s a guy I use to work with at the Haemophilia Society (hereby refered to as “The Society”)I kind of liked him but I was with my ex at the time so didn’t think too much of it.

I still meet up with the Society people on a regular basis for drinks and stuff. In fact theres been a few shared messy nights so we’re quite close as a group. When we’re out me and this guy chat and laugh and get on great. We don’t speak outside of this meeting up though.

The other day I randomly got a text from him saying “We’re going out to the cinema do you want to come?” This is very odd! In the 2 years I’ve known him I don’t think he’s ever text me for anything non-work related. Thinking he may mean the society lot I text back “Hi. Whos we? x” He replied with a list of four or five guys names who I didn’t know and “and you….?” So by now I’m intrigued but being logical all I could think was 'he’s text the wrong person.' So I had to try not to be rude but also determine if he actually meant to text me. I text back “Maybe. I have to be honest when I got your first text I thought you sent it to the wrong person. I’m still wondering because other than you I wouldn’t know anyone. x”

About 20mins later he called (sounding gorgeous – I forgot to mention, hes Irish ;)) and the convo went along these lines:

Me: Hello
Him: Hello. How are you?
Me: Good. You?
H: I’m very good! (pause) Did I text the wrong Sarah?
M: I think you did. This is Sarah from the Society.
H: (pause) oh. I had you saved as Sarah Doyle in my phone…have I done this to you before?
M: Yes…no that was Oliver (someone else from the group)
H: Well I’m seeing you on Thursday arnt I?
M: Yep (we’re meeting up as a group)
HWell I’ll see you then
M: See you then.
H: Bye
M: Bye

Well I thought I’d come off ok until my friend told me well what else could he have said after I was all “yeah you got the wrong number!”

So now we’re meeting up as a group on Thursday and I have no idea how to handle this without making myself or potentially him look like a muppett.

Also what do we think – is he interested?

Help me my Lexlings! Please! :shock:

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
BellsEdwardalways
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by BellsEdwardalways »

Jasmine~ I must say I clicked on the link for the fanfic you are reading and I just finished chapter 1 and am moving on to chapter 2. I am liking it so far. She seems like a pretty good fanfic writer thus far.

Sarah~ Definitely no shame in living at home still. Someday I shall make it out of my parent's house. Just not right now. It'll be nice when I can though. I plan on maybe moving to a town that's about 20 minutes (more or less) away from where I live now. Yay! for Friends such a great show and it helped me through after my last boyfriend dumped me. CSI was the second show that helped me. As for the guy I am not really good with guy advice. I am sorry I can't really help in that area.

It is once again sunny out today where I am out. I made it outside today to return some books to the library (it's in that 20 minute away town). I have had a library card to that county's library since I was middle school thanks to my mom having once worked in the town. Dropped off mail at the post office and picked up some lunch for me and my mom at Burger King on my way home was also part of the trip out. I am currently still looking for a nanny job hopefully I'll get one soon. I haven't been working for like four months now which is not good. I am still a little sick but doing better. I finished watching Season 2 of Smallville last night and I am looking forward to seeing Season 3 again. It really has been forever since I had watched it. Woot! for a new Supernatural episode this week. Also, yay! for a new Grey's Anatomy this week. Finally, I'll have some new episodes of stuff to watch.

I have lots and lots of books to read still. I am currently reading Villette. I actually just started reading it this morning. As for the fanfiction stuff you all are talking about for the most part I don't usually read fanfics for Twilight. In all honesty, it's been awhile since I've read a fanfic for anything. I used to read lots of fanfics for CSI and only then mostly Grissom and Sara Fanfics. In fact I have written fanfics for that pairing as well. I have one story that is yet to be finished. Well, off I go to read some more of the fanfic that Jasmine gave a link to and then to edit a chapter of a story for someone.

Ciao
Bells
http://chelseadawn.webs.com/
Banner by Kimmy. Avatar made by Narnia
Banner by threethings
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

SarahGoddard wrote:
Jasmine that would’ve been so cool to put a note on the Volvo – I wonder whether they would’ve understood it?
How can you feel like an ugly duckling? You’re absolutely STUNNING! :D
Hehehe, yeah, unfortunately i dont have my cam with my at all times. Sid made a pic of the car with his phone, but thats so tiny, you wouldnt see a note, so i didnt. Funny though, the twilightobsession seems to be spreading here. A collegue of my motherinlaws work was reading Eclipse (a twiguy!), and more and more collegues of Sid are reading the series now. We are spreading the cullendisorder! hahaha. So yeah, maybe they would have understood the note, maybe not.

Uhm, maybe because ive always been the ugly duckling?
I always was way too skinny, with bones sticking out everywhere and too long limbs. I had this weird greasy thin blond hair that made me even paler than i already was, sickly even. Ive had a lot of eczema (open wounds). My teeth were very crooked and my lowerjaw wasnt in the right place. Ive had every brace there was at the time for 10 yrs. Still have a tiny metal thread behind my lower teeth. It can never come out, or i would have to start all over again.
I know ive changed...a LOT. But somehow ive never really gotten used to my 'new' me. I can still walk by a mirror or my reflection and be amazed i have black hair. *shakes her head* And ive been dyeing my hair black since 2002!
Dont get me wrong, i wasnt unhappy at the time or anything, i had loads of friends, and for some weird reason never got teased. But i never really had much confidence, and that is the one thing that hasnt changed.

on me:
my cute boss just called, wasnt busy today so i can stay at home. More time for me to work on my EFF outfit! Yeay!

I think Loki is feeling better, hes playing all day like hes a tazmanian devil. His blatter is feeling better for all we can tell aswell. i really love that animal, and i just cant stop thinking about what will happen if this ist going to get better. I mean, a blatter can only take so much...*sigh* I shouldnt even go there, i have 3 months to wait and see what will happen now.

Im going to go and get me some new fake eylashes in a few hours. I already have some, but i want some with more lashes, more feathery, if i can find those. ALso, im going to the market(which wont be there untill 12:30, and its now 9:19), to get me some ribbon to tie to my peacockfeatheredfan, and maybe something i can use instead of the small pleating i want on the bolero. Its really timeconsuming. I also need new Lockeryarn, i cant sow much when all 4 of them are done.
And i still havent figures out what to wear as earrings and necklace. Maybe i should look for something tomorrow in amsterdam. I dont have much blue stuff.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

SarahGoddard wrote:Ok so heres my situation:

There’s a guy I use to work with at the Haemophilia Society (hereby refered to as “The Society”)I kind of liked him but I was with my ex at the time so didn’t think too much of it.

I still meet up with the Society people on a regular basis for drinks and stuff. In fact theres been a few shared messy nights so we’re quite close as a group. When we’re out me and this guy chat and laugh and get on great. We don’t speak outside of this meeting up though.

The other day I randomly got a text from him saying “We’re going out to the cinema do you want to come?” This is very odd! In the 2 years I’ve known him I don’t think he’s ever text me for anything non-work related. Thinking he may mean the society lot I text back “Hi. Whos we? x” He replied with a list of four or five guys names who I didn’t know and “and you….?” So by now I’m intrigued but being logical all I could think was 'he’s text the wrong person.' So I had to try not to be rude but also determine if he actually meant to text me. I text back “Maybe. I have to be honest when I got your first text I thought you sent it to the wrong person. I’m still wondering because other than you I wouldn’t know anyone. x”

About 20mins later he called (sounding gorgeous – I forgot to mention, hes Irish ;)) and the convo went along these lines:

Me: Hello
Him: Hello. How are you?
Me: Good. You?
H: I’m very good! (pause) Did I text the wrong Sarah?
M: I think you did. This is Sarah from the Society.
H: (pause) oh. I had you saved as Sarah Doyle in my phone…have I done this to you before?
M: Yes…no that was Oliver (someone else from the group)
H: Well I’m seeing you on Thursday arnt I?
M: Yep (we’re meeting up as a group)
HWell I’ll see you then
M: See you then.
H: Bye
M: Bye

Well I thought I’d come off ok until my friend told me well what else could he have said after I was all “yeah you got the wrong number!”

So now we’re meeting up as a group on Thursday and I have no idea how to handle this without making myself or potentially him look like a muppett.

Also what do we think – is he interested?

Help me my Lexlings! Please! :shock:
Um, I'm not a dude, but I am a Goddess that they worship and there's no question to what you should do: Go, dress and make sure your cans are pushed up and make him forget ANY OTHER Sarah on the planet exists. Even if he did text the wrong one, apparently he doesn't care. He could have easily weasled out and said "Sorry, wrong one" but he didn't so roll with it. He was probably just flustered to talk. Men are weird----especially when they ask you out---they are just as nervous as we are. So go, have a good time and make sure to mingle----don't seem too available to him. If he wants you, make him come to you.

This month's issue of cosmo totally backs me up by the way lmao. Have a good time!
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

Hey all,

Obie is out today. She feels like crap and is going home early as soon as the incompetent bozo on the other end of the conference call shuts his yap about things she's already told him twenty times. Obie stayed up way too late (thanks to anime by the way for making me read it) reading The Submissive and couldn't stop after chapter 10. Obie will warn that this story is freaking hardcore, but worth the read and you must get past like 10 chapters to see why. Thanks to Holly for letting sleepy Terri text her when her brain wouldn't shut off. Obie will be back in Twilight form tomorrow. Please leave your message after the beep.....

BEEP!

ps....Obie finally totally wrote her first chapter of fanfic and does not want anyone to ever read it. Does that make sense?
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

obieewok wrote:ps....Obie finally totally wrote her first chapter of fanfic and does not want anyone to ever read it. Does that make sense?

Makes complete sense. It's something that is so a part of you that you're not sure if it's good enough for others to read. Trust me. I get the same way. I finished my first chapter of the What if story I came up with yesterday and I have no idea if I want others to read it. Give it time and if you do put it out there, that's a sign of how much courage you have. :-)

And thank you Obie for telling me to start reading fanfic again. I got through Good Bella, Bad Bella. *shudders* again the only reason why I think I kept reading it was for Bad Boy Eddie. Then I went ahead and read Wilting. I laughed, I almost cried. I fell in love. I have to agree that it's definitely got to be one of my favorites. I'll probably go back and reread it. My eyes started to get droopy on me so I sorta rushed the ending. But I love the fact that Bella turns to the bottle. :-) I'm definitely working on the suggestions everyone else put out there.

Today is a bad day because we have a clog in our tub's drain. And we have no drain cleaner. Growl. This just means a trip to the store later. Yesterday was bad because I was having a depressed I'm not good enough day. Sometimes I just slip into a depression for a day. When I was little my therapist couldn't figure out why. She didn't want to put me on medication because I was little and I wasn't depressed everyday. I just have days where it's voice will ring in my head and remind me why he did that to me. It's the worst feeling in the world. And it's the one day you don't want to be around me. I'll flip for no reason what so ever. Which is what I did last night. I took a nap and woke up at 6. Shane was like wake up. And he knows how I get if you don't actually get me out of bed then I won't get up. So he was doing that. Every 30 seconds he'd do it. And I lost it. I got so mad. I got up put my running pants on and my sweat shirt and went outside to clear my head. It was raining so it worked. I put on a brave face and just made myself in a better mood for the day. That's about all that happened.

I'm off to go do stuff. Not sure what stuff, but I'm off to do stuff.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy