Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

BellsEdwardalways
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by BellsEdwardalways »

@Meg Naw I only took a survival Italian class while I was there. I can count in Italian. Uno due (pronounced du eh) tres quattro cinque, etc. I don't feel like writing the rest. I of course still remember Ciao, Grazie and a few others maybe but that's it. Hee hee.

So, it was above 80 degrees fahrenheit here today. It's how I managed to get sunburned being outside. Actually, I was reading outside today for most of the afternoon. The only reason I was out there for as long as I was is because we are having our kitchen and upper hallway floor redone and my mom needed to go take care of her horses so I was hanging out while she was away. That probably didn't make much sense because I didn't explain that I didn't hang out inside upstairs was because first our living room is plastic off or rather taped off and our den door was shut. Anywhere else and I would have been in the floor dudes way. He managed to get the floor upstairs off and started getting the tile off in the kitchen before he left for the day. I ended up having lunch outside on our deck stairs since we have no table in our kitchen plus the floor dude was in there. It's going to take about 7 days for the guy to do the floor. I'll be happy when it's done then I can hang out upstairs with my computer when I want a break from having it in my lap on my bed.

I am still a little sick today but hopefully tomorrow I shall be better. Oh I forgot to mention that I managed to sunburn just one side of myself. That is my left arm and side of face :roll: . Haven't seen the thing with the plagarism and what not. I guess I'll have to check it out.

Ciao
Bells
http://chelseadawn.webs.com/
Banner by Kimmy. Avatar made by Narnia
Banner by threethings
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

About your facebook question, from my perspective, I guess it feels more personal there at times, I feel more of a connection seeing pictures etc. But at the same time, when I have something personal to say (instead of the fun stuff which is what seems to be over there) I come here and share it with people here, because I don't want people in my real life to know about it. But sometimes those things get posted in private on the locked lexily board cuz they're too personal to even share here.
Also, quite a few people from the old days of the Gen-Y thread don't post here any more, so it's a way to keep up with them even if they don't want to participate here.
That's almost the same thing that I would say Becca haha..thanks for that! *hugs* and yes Pharmer, some of the lexlings don't visit here on the lex anymore so it's much easier to talk to them there and to keep in touch as well. But definitely I'm always on the reading mode and some times I give comments too. Once a lexling always a lexling, unless the fabulous Ninna kicks me out here lol (and hey Ninna, are you expecting?) *hugs*
@honeythestripper----I am not sure what kind of carnival fun mirror you look at every day, but you are spank bank material chick---that's Obie code for hot. So shut your trap because I'm pretty sure hubs is at home doing naughty things to your pic. Ewww.....on so many levels.
OBBIEEEEE!!! that's really ROFLLMAO!!! you're seriously a total biyatch LOL. love yah for that! *hugs*
Last edited by ihadanEdwardRush on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Obie~ It's 3am here (Pennsylvania) and I hope your satisfied with what you've created. I read Only Human and The Antidote. I LOVED Only Human. I thought it was classic and I couldn't stop laughing. I like the beginning of The Antidote. I just wasn't that into it when Edward turned back into a vampire. I mean it's an interesting concept, but I dunno. I'll read more tomorrow. Well later today technically.

Shane's going to kill me. He should be waking up within the next hour to go to the bathroom and if I'm not in bed when he gets up, he'll come investigate and then he'll get mad at me. And then he'll grumble in the morning when I don't wake up or when I get grumpy making his lunch. I'll definitely be back to post later. We'll see if I can survive on about four hours of sleep. Night/Morning guys!
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
Nocturnal Lure
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

Good day Lexlot,

Been away for a while, sorry, my own PC is getting a bit too buggy have to see about fixing that, and I have been feeling kinda down for a while, not really motivated to write really. Which brings me to my second sorry, I haven't been keeping up with my fanfic. Though in my head the story is more or less complete I have yet to put it in words and I am looking for time and motivation to do that.

Welcome new kids, since I am more or less the oldest here I can say kids to you lot I think, hahahaha.

Want random facts, here's some random and less random facts.

My name is Sidney Tuttel van Dorst.

I am a Leo and a Rabbit/ Cat in Chinese astrology.

I read and write runes.

I like musicals (Jesus Christ Superstar and Hair being my favorites), heavy metal, folk, folk-metal, gothic-metal, classical music (especially Russian and Eastern Europe, Prokofiev, Mussorgsky, Smetana) better then I like films of which my favorite genres are horror, science fiction and very specifically vampire movies. I am sort of a vampire fanatic.

I have seven tattoos and I dislike piercings.

I am a Tarot reader and pretty damn good at it, I have approximately 50 different decks.

That's me in my banner, I am better at drawing and painting then I am at photo editing and playing guitar.

I love chocolate almost as much as computer games, but due to my diabetes type 2 and my high LDL cholesterol I can't have any anymore.

I am a very spiritual and religious person, though I am not part of any church, none of them seem to have the whole picture as I see it. Though people can debate how this works I am a Christian-zenbudhist-asatru-wiccan-satanic-death cultist. Which in short means:

I believe there is a higher power of which we are all part, through our collective souls we create reality and our minds are designed to keep a balance between chaos and order. We live for experience and this is what we add to our collective consciousness and how we progress, this to me is the meaning of life. Living, learning, experiencing, teaching, dying, recycling.

Cats are my fave animals. I think animals are often better then humans and I believe t is very important we protect them. I am not a vegetarian because we are omnivores and I like meat. I am opposed to Greenpeace because I am pro genetic manipulation. I believe gene engineering is the key which solves the biggest problems of humanity, cancer, aids, world hunger for instance are all possibly in the past when we are advanced enough in DNA alteration.

I recently quit smoking, but I am not anti-smoking because there are more serious issues out there that too few people take seriously enough like sunbathing/ skin cancer and obesity/ diabetes/ heart failure. I feel as long as you're not bothering anyone everybody should be free to choose their poison, life is there to enjoy.

I have two phrases that have been sort of a motto, both can be heard in Metallica songs (of which I used to be a big fan).

Go squeeze and suck the day, go carpe diem baby!

In wildness is the preservation of the world

And last but not least I always try to end my posts with:

Love, Nocturnal Lure

May the moon light our path
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@dazzled, how long ago did you get the tatts? and why dont you have pics of them? I can wait ;)

Ive said it before and ill say it again, i only put pics online that are good enough. I make like 100 pics and only one will be good enough. I also have fake eyelashes there, lots of makeup and the whole colourscheme is screwed up. Anyone can look beautifull that way. D0h, thats why i did it, hahaha.
I still say your the gorgeous chick on here :) (noone else can pull off that zoolander look and still look stunning ;p)

Hopefully bdb will be in the american book centre then, but itll be a hardcover, right? Damnit, ive got them all in same paperback, id rather have them all the same. Then again, when the last book of the sword of truth series came out, i couldnt wait either and bought the hardcover.

@fanfics, i love fanfics, but recently im a lill annoyed woth the fanfics that are all human. I dont want them to be all human, i already have 1000 books on that kind of stuff. Vampires all the way. Any recommendations anyone?

im going to work on my outfit in a bit, hopefully ill finish the skirt today, maybe even cut the fabric for the bolero. Had a major migraine last night and its not totally gone today, so cutting and measuring fabric isnt something i should do now. But i dont have many days left since i have to work tomorrow and the day after.
If all goes well, the lill hat will arrive today aswell. things are slowly coming together.

i wish i had more time for everything, my fanfic is playing in my head everyday, i just dont have the time and energy to type it out :(

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Morning all.

I told you I'd be up and running on three hours of sleep. I got up and made Shane's lunch and then I tried to go back to sleep, but this thought kept creeping into my mind. All of a sudden a story started to spin in my head. What if Jasper turned Bella instead of Edward???? I figured that since this is going to bug me now, I might as well write a story around it. And it takes me forever to write a story. I don't just write Fanfic. I haven't in YEARS. Like before I started college. When I was still in high school. And I graduated four years ago. So my writing fanfic hasn't happened in at least six. I have to get into the right mind frame to write it. So I registered with fanfiction.net and as soon as I get the confirmation email, I'll try to get it up. Considering I'm supposed to work on dishes again today. I didn't finish them. I'll work on them sometime today.

I'm ready Good Bella, Bad Bella. And Obie you're right, it's smutty, but I dunno. There's something about bad @$$ Eddie that makes me happy and all attracted to him. Maybe it's my love for all things bad boy since I'm engaged to such a goody good. That's why I love Jasper. He's the bad boy of the Cullen Family. :-) Okay I'll be back later. I'm rolling my eyes at Bella in this story, but I understand Edward to a t. is that bad? haha.

Twi-Twin=Kimmy
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

Tilly---Good Bella Bad Bella just didn't do it for me---I liked that Eddie was a bad guy, but the writing style turned me off a bit. And dude, I DREAM of the day where someone writes a good Jasper/Bella story.....unfortunately, there's this unwritten rule of fanfic that most everyone lives by (I finally figured out what Canon couples mean lol)....no matter what, Edward and Bella ALWAYS end up together. Even if I really REALLY want a story that has Jasper and Bella hooking up, it wouldn't be right. But maybe there is a way to make Eddie boy SERIOUSLY FREAKING JEALOUS and make him do that "Mine" thing (is it bad that just reading that WORD turns me on?) And yeah, Holly turned me on to Only Human----I loved it. And The Antidote was pretty good up until yeah, the turning back. I just liked the idea that Bella could turn him human and he liked Chalupas lol.

Fanfic I'm currently reading---finished what there was of Coming to Terms. Pretty good---knocked up strong Bella is nice, but it's all human. Reading Creature of Habit now....like it because it's still vampy. Tried to start the other juggernaut of fanfic besides Wide Awake (which EVERYONE should read by the way, even if it is human---it's just plain good) called The Submissive----dude. Um, er, *blushes* that thing is hardcore. Edward as a dom and Bella as a submissive? WTF? Once we go THAT far off the Twilight path.....er....all I know is I blushed the WHOLE time, and I only got to chapter 3. That thing is SMUTT-Y dudes. But rock your socks off if you want. I might finish it. I'm hoping there is some sort of love in there instead of the smut.

Jas---Try Creature of Habit. He's a vamp, Bella's not. It's actually pretty good....so far. And are we going to get some pics of the dress coming together? I've been doing what you said to do with the baby soap and using it with a spongy thing. I really love that stuff!

Megs----CUBS 4 EVA! Two words: Neal Cotts. I LOVE that dude. Please tell me you are not a sox. If so, please prompty kick yourself hard in A**. Seriously. How can anyone in Chi town not be a CUB fan? How's those eyebrows by the way? Um, what's BDB?

To all newbies----Nocs is already spoken for (by Jas....but i'm the backup) so while I know he's sizzlin' we can't touch....yet.
Nocs---What's a rune? Tarot reading scares me....all that stuff scares me. I had a friend who was into the occult---she made me my own personal weegie board. That thing still freaks me out. When I was ten my sister went to this woman (I don't remember much of the actual experience) to ask what kind of baby was in her----the woman dangled a pencil on a string above her belly and told her it was a girl. She was right. I figured 50-50 chance, right? She told my sister she would die at the hands of man. She had the cards out and it creeped me out. My sis just thought it was fun. She read mine---said I would die young. Since my sis's came true----I dunno, that old gypsy lady creeped me out. Even if it's true, I don't want to know. Who tells a 10 year old they'll die young anyway? WTF? I'm 10! Tell me I'm getting a pony! I paid you ten bucks for that? Since I have a lot of death around me and in my life, readings on me are always bad. I've gotten my palm read a few times with Shanna because she thinks its the most awesome thing ever---and every time either they tell me some fortune cookie "pain is in your future" crap (who DOESN'T have pain in their future?) or they don't tell me anything---they can't see my future. See---creepy!

Proper good Tuesday morning to everyone! I'm currently listening to Deathcab for Cutie's I will Follow You into the Dark. I like it. It's nice and mellow. About how I feel.

I really want to get a punching bag. Hubs thinks I'm nuts, but I justify that it's better than hitting him, so now he's shopping for one lol. I have a HUGE anger issue---so I feel the need to get one. I found a cute pink one too...matching gloves and everything. I just really like fighting. It's way better than yoga for me. Something about yelling at someone and then just beating the crap out of them really helps lol.

Haven't been sleeping well. I tried to stay on facebook last night but only ended up saying "hey", posting a random mitch hedberg quote and then I went to bed, where I fitfully tossed and turned all night. I can't get my brain to turn off lately. I tried melatonin, and it isn't working---the warm tea, warm milk, warm bath, etc---nothing works. My meds aren't working so great either. Ugh.

I'm going to Target at lunch because I want to. I feel the new for shopping therapy. And Target is sooooo ritzy lmao. It's one notch up from Walmart! I need shoes....shoes.....(here we go!)

Ugh....ben affleck look a like texting me from his desk. It's no fun when they don't want to be chased anymore. I'm a FLIRT dude---I don't follow through. I'm a tease.....apparently he didn't get the memo. Time to break this one in. Gawd he's hot though. I could totally mold him into being date worthy. He's hotter than hubs---but hubs is fun....oh, and there's "the love" and stuff. lol.

Off to break some hearts:)
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@obie , ill post pics when ive got something to show. right now, my nose is bleeding...again. cant sow taffeta now, itll stain.
My lill hat arrived in the mail just an hour ago, its really cute!

about the tarot, reading tarotcards has -nothing- to do with predicting the future. tarot is a guideline to use to see things differently. Like showing you a diff angle of a situation youre in. helping you figure stuff outs thats troubling you. taort is all about your subconscious answering your own questions. the cards asre used as a focus. Sid is -really- good at it.

i dont believe in predicting the future since its not set in stone. every choice you make, and other ppls choices, change the outcome. i do believe some ppl can see or feel stuff, i just dont like to meddle with those.

Lush, try american cream, its my alltime favourite scent, and its awesome for your hair.

im currently reading: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4666603/9/T ... ward_Bella here, bella is the vamp and edward is human. im at ch 9, liking it so far.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Obie, I completely agree with you about the writing style of Good Bella, Bad Bella. It's just plain wrong. But there is something about bad Eddie that is making me want it more. And as far as my fanfic with Jasper and Bella it's not that they'll end up together. It'll be the whole Edward and Bella thing, but I'm getting this odd feeling of Bella wanting more out of Jasper so instead of having Edward turn her, she has Jasper do it. I have this one scene already played out. It's pretty much the one that made me want to write it and it's Jasper and Bella going off on her birthday and just having this discussion. it's something that will eat Edward away and make him mad jealous, but what is he going to tell Bella? No? I don't think it'll happen that way in my story. But I do think there'll be some Edward on Jasper fighting going on. And it'll make her question everything. I just have to figure out how to start it and which direction to take it. I can take it a million and one different ways and I'm not sure which way I want to take it. And the more I think about it the more I get this one argument between Bella and Edward going in my head. It's insane. Hopefully I'll start writing it today. I'm going to try and finish Good Bella, Bad Bella first though. And with The Antidote, I so agree about the Chalupa thing. That was classic. I about died laughing. And him peeing. That was just like whoa to me. Like you take all these things for granted and then someone writes about them. As soon as the danger came back I lost the entire story. I hated the Victoria angle. It all just sucked.

:-)

Twi-Twin=Kimmy
Nocturnal Lure
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

@ Obie

Runes are letters, nothing more nothing less. The word runar means secret and there is a beatifull legend of how Odin found them while hanging from the tree of life. They are sometimes used as an oracle or as amulets. They are mostly used by the old Norse and Germanic tribes. They have a strong link to the spiritual. But in the end they are letters, just like ABC.

On Tarot, don't let old wifes tales scare you. Tarot or simialar but diferently named cards are even used by modern day psychiatrists ( Jung had an interest ). I wouldn't let a few pieces of laminated paper scare me. Like so many things, prayer, mediatation, scrying, summoning angels, drawing in the moon or whatever you need to do to satisfy your spiritual needs, it's only as scary as you let it be.

I can write page after page about these things PM me if you want to know more, but don't let the media scare you...

On the occult, obscure esoteric and spiritual... yeah I am in to that but in a good way, I'll explain if you want.

Love, Nocturnal Lure

May the moon light your path