Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by jasmine »

MRK wrote: Jas~ [/b]Im so happy Loki is doing well...(my kitty went through the same, the vet said it was because they neutered him too young...they did an operation that basically made him a girl :shock: and he was better after that...)
Hmm that doesnt sound like what loki has. Its prolly because of the food. 'Normal' catfood isnt as healthy as we think. It has to do with the bases and acids(? damn ive studied chemistry and i cant remember what its called). The crystals will form because of it, and they will form lill stones that will block their pee. We have to get him expensive food now, but is very diff from normal food, only 'real' food. Normal food takes about 300 grams per cat per day, the expensive stuff only takes 34 grams.

Here when a male cat has t, they put a tube in to take all the stuff out and give him that expensive food. If it comes back the treat him again. IVe it keeps clong back , only then they will change him into a 'female', but that also means he will have blaterinfections for the rest of his life.

But i can understand if your cat was neutered to early they maybe chipped something vital. Which why he needed the operation?

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Tabs
Learning to Love Green

Post by Tabs »

Hey guys, I'm back. :) Thanks for all the lovely messages people have sent me, I'll try to answer everyone eventually, but it might take little while. :) I've been trying to catch up with some stuff on the new thread, (Whooooooo, NEW THREAD!) but it's been chaotic, so I'm gonna kind of jump in right here.

Jasmine, I'm so sorry to hear about your cats. I'm such a cat person, they're like people to me, so I know how hard it is if something happens to them. I hope everything works out ok with Loki. They have such lovely names as well. :)

Becca, good luck with your court case. That must be really intimidating. I've never had to do anything like that. I'm glad you've got your friend there to meet you, so it's not so bad. :)

Pharmer4, welcome to the Gen Y lexily. It's great to have another Twiguy, and especially one from Aus. Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. :) I'm Tabitha, I'm 28 and I live in Perth, Western Australia. Although I'm moving to LA for a year in about five weeks. Whooooo! I'm a medical student here, and I was really interested when I read about the asthma program thing you were talking about. I didn't know they were doing anything like that? You'll have to tell me about it. (If that's ok)

Sam, hey! *waves*. I'm so jealous that you're already on your road trip. I've got so much waiting around still to do. I want to be there now! Oh well, I'll have to live vicariously through you until then. :) Hope you're having fun already! Only don't be hitting on Jackson before I get there, or we might be having a fight on our hands. :lol:

OK, I love Disney movies. My favourite two songs are Pocahontas - Colours of the wind, and Beauty and the Beast - Tale as old as time. They're such beautiful songs. :)

Well, that's all I can remember. I'll try to check in case I've forgotten anything important, or that I was going to reply to.
Awesome banner by MRK

Member of the Gen Y Lexily!

I <3 Shadowhunters - Cause rune tattoos are SO hot, and Jace would never hurt the Cullens, they're good vampires.
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

Thanks Tabs, good to have you back :D I have my fingers firmly crossed he'll plead guilty and I won't have to even go into the courtroom. Apparently he's being charged with breach of the peace, but seeing as I don't even know what this guy looks like all I can say is what I heard and can't even prove it was him in a way! Arghh, of course it has to be the week I've got a deadline to deal with, not one with nothing too important lol, sod's law.

So, I'm posting a link to my current song obsession, maybe getting it in your heads will get it out of mine! lol :lol: :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kr6L22w7H8

Be back tonight, catch up with everyone then! :D

EDIT: Misty rocks!!!!!! Check it out below!!
Kes
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kes »

How frikkin' exciting! It seems so small.

I guess i'd better just slip right into the new scheme of things, then...

I couldn't help but notice the whole Disney-themed conversation: I once took it upon myself to learn every word of the 'Chef's Song (Les Poissons)' from 'The Little Mermaid'. It still remains one of the finest pieces of lyrical poetry in existence. Consider, if you will, this slice of genius: 'Now I stuff you with bread, It don't hurt. cause you're dead.' And any song that rhymes 'palet' with 'mallet' deserves the Mercury, in my humble opinion!

I've sadly returned to reality today - reading 'Foe' by J.M. Coetzee (Robonson Crusoe was bad enough - I do not need it from an imaginary perspective), and desperately trying to understand Freud (there was a very good reason why I failed my one year of psychology). I don't suppose there are any psychology buffs in this here thread? Symptoms? Condensation? Transference, anyone? Why this stuff is anything to do with literature is well beyond me.

Jasmine: I hope your cat gets better :[ I resent mine like hell (especially when they rip things up and smother everything with hair), but if one of them ever gets really ill it knocks me for six. I hope things turn out ok.

Becca: That song's lovely! Very calming, and a well deserved obession. They remind me a little of Fleet Foxes.

Right, back to terrible writing about a desert island and a mother-obsessed basket case. A thousand forms of joy are headed my way...
"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line."- Oscar Lavant
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

KES!!!

you failed to mention the outstanding musical genius of this line...

"Les Poissons, Les Poissons...heeheehee, hawhawhaw..." (er...that would be laughing with a french accent...)
I mean, if you can rhyme laughing with poissons....muwah *Kisses fingers* PERFECTION!"

EDIT: HOW DARE I FORGET MY ULTIMATE FAVORITE!!!!
Cinderella~So this is love
If I had gotten married in the tradtional way (instead of a half-elopement) I would have had my first dance to this)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-HMZIQK ... re=related
Last edited by MRK on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kes
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kes »

Oh, Brother! How could I forget that awe-inspiring couplet!! With the cleaver he hacks them in two...

Thankyou, friend, for showing me my own severe lack of judgement.

It certainly is hot in his big silver pot.
"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line."- Oscar Lavant
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

Sami and Tabs, just so you guys know where to start tracking from http://perezhilton.com/2009-02-19-sighting-287 hahahaha ;) jk (kind of.... :lol: )
pretend I wasn't here, still finishing some things up at work
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Eddie- Nice list. Beauty and the Beast was my fav as a little kid. Now I have Tale as Old as Time stuck in my head, LOL. I am trying to think about what my new Fav Disney movie is out of all the pixar ones. Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., akkk too many to decide.

Becca- How did I miss this stuff about the court case and being a witness???? What is going on with that? Is everything is OK? That is super sweet about your friend too!

Honey/Rachael- YAY for COACH addict *woot woot*You aren’t kidding expensive, but at least I got mine at the outlet store and I had money saved from graduation and stuff. Glad I am not boring you all with my purse and shoe talk :lol:

Kim- I am still in search of the coveted Mint Aero, Becca gave me some great links on places to find it around here!

Bells- MMMM chocolate cake! Sounds delicious right now. Grey’s is pissing me off lately. Stupid Dead Denny and all….. they should have never killed him off.

Lies-When is your brother’s wedding? I know what you mean though shopping for clothes has depressed me lately. So I am sticking to purses and shoes ;)

Sonia-My mom does that same thing to me when I have the day off! Plus, it doesn’t help that I work from home as it is. She is always leaving me notes or calling me to do stuff for her. But, I love her so you know anything for my mom.

Kiella- Hugs! Glad to see you back in here :D

Maria- LOVE LOVE LOVE the new avi and sig! OK I am SUPER jealous now and I want one too!!!!

Jasmine- Glad that Loki seems to be on the mend!

Kes & Misty- You girls crack me up (wipes tears from her eyes)

Welcome Phamer :D I am Megan from Chicago.

Random topic: Ok so out of curiosity how many of you guys have tattoos? I have two. I have a shamrock and a butterfly and I really want 2 more, but we shall see. Just wondering???
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

Dazzled_by_Cullens wrote: Random topic: Ok so out of curiosity how many of you guys have tattoos
Ive got 3:
a tribal dragon on my rightshoulder/upperarm
a tribal rose on my lowerlowerback(under the thong)
a triple goddess with triskel on my left shoulder/upperarm
Im thinking about something for the back of my neck, something for my parents, but i still havent figures out which symbol to use for my dad. And i might someday expand my rosetattoo. I lovw the number 2 and they are balanced, i dont want to look like a scrapbook.

My beloved has 7:
a dragon with a rune on his chest
a tattoo with runes on his leftarm
above that one 2 black birds (thor's birds)
on his rightarm a celtic design of 3 wolves in a cirkel
on his back 2 wolfpaws with runes in them
in between a pentagram with a moon in it
And hes thinking about one for his leg. Hes designed a lot of tattoos for family and friends, and still does. Lots of ppl walk around with his designs, its pretty kewl.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

Good Afternoon/Morning/Evening to you all! Wow the thread is moving fast!

Eddie: Love the list you made! Disney songs are most definitely the best! I do have to say that Once Upon A Dream from Sleeping Beauty is my favorite though!

To all who enjoy texting as much as I do: It is nice to know! The only people I ever see texting (for some strange reason) are like kids in Jr. High! So I of course feel funny doing it except I can easily pass for 14 so I could get away with it!

Megan: Loved reading about your new handbag! I absolutely love talking about purses and shoes and things similar!

Anna: I can't afford the expensive handbags so I buy the cheap ones every couple of months. Ok that is a lie. More like every couple of weeks!

Liez: I love Tarzan! Such a sweet story and the music is wonderful! Not a big Phil Collins fan but all his songs from Tarzan are beautiful!

Amber: Enchanted is so cute! The John McClaughlin song is great! The only part I didn't like was how Giselle was wearing such a modern dress and everyone else was wearing very elaborate costumes!

Maria: I've never been one for wild game! It smells funny and whenever my dad and brother come home with deer meat all I can think about is Bambi! I remember my brother's first hunting expedition and he shot a bunny and called me on the phone and said "Sarah guess what! I killed Thumper!" It was traumatizing!

Pharmer4: Hi! I'm Sarah or some form of my screen nameand I am one of those not quite 20 yet people! Great to see another Twi-Guy!

Jasmine: So glad to hear about Loki! That is wonderful!

Dazzled: I don't have any tattoos. I love looking at other peoples though! I think they are super cool! I am just to afraid of needles to get one!

Plans for this weekend: I am going to do some major house work and then I am going to see Confessions of a Shopaholic with a friend of mine! So excited!

Sorry if I missed someone or something important!
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza