Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

BellsEdwardalways
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by BellsEdwardalways »

*Sees mention of Nutella* Me love Nutella. I actually eat it with just a spoon sometimes. It's really a no bread or anything else required type of thing. Though it's good on bread or toast :D. Oh and I am on cloud nine today. Yeah, that happens when the people you used to work for as a nanny say good things about you and tell the people you had an interview with today that they would hire you again if there was the opportunity.

So today has been a good day thus far. I hope you all doing well. Sorry you're in a funk Obie.

*waves to everyone and dashes out*

Bells
http://chelseadawn.webs.com/
Banner by Kimmy. Avatar made by Narnia
Banner by threethings
HarriannCullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by HarriannCullen »

Nutella is lush on toasted Cinnamon and Raisin Bagels
Thank you threethings for the banners x
Midnight Sun virign, as it isn't perfect yet.
Kes
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kes »

Heyo!

T'has been a while since I dropped anything in here, so's now I'm going to take some time and read back a few pages to try and catch up.

I have a valid reason though - revising, essays, birthdays and a new job. Maybe the best job i've ever had, even though it's not going to last much longer :[ I've been acting as the runner on these opera auditions, and they're happening in the same place that the RSC including Sir Jude Law have been rehearsing for Macbeth, which opens in London sometime in the near future. Hot damn, that is one good looking lad.

I've been going out far too much, and have subsiquently burned a serious hole in my overdraft. It seems that it's the season for all friends to come down south to the big smoke, and as such I have been playing the good hostess and taking said friends to various places to get drunk and dance until your feet hurt so much that you try to do that walk. The one where you try not to put any weight on your feet? You know, the one that makes you look like a complete spakko? Yeah, that's the one. I don't think i'll ever regain full feeling in my toes again.

Nutella is the food of kings. Brown gold. Especially in crepes. French crepes. When they are still hot. I just dribbled on my desk. Feckin' gross, but totally worth it. I need to haul my ass to France for one of those bad boys. Or my local market on Saturday morning.

My music video treat for y'all today comes from the insanity that is Seth Lakeman's live perfomances of 'Kitty Jay'. I've seen this dude live about a gajillion times at various folk festivals over the years (the most recent being last Saturday at a St. Georges celebration in Trafalgar Square), and every time he plays this, and he ALWAYS does, I can't help but be blown away over and over again. Plus, he pulls the sickest faces when he sings. Enjoy...

KITTY JAY

p.s, I love how in the world of Folk, you get your punk on by destroying your bow instead of a guitar - they cost far too much, y'see.

TARAA, CHUCKS.

edits - Ican't bludy splel.
"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line."- Oscar Lavant
HarriannCullen

Post by HarriannCullen »

Hear Hear on the nutella in crepes. Very nice.
The new job sounds fab, as for the studying, good luck babe, I sucked monumentally at that.
Thank you threethings for the banners x
Midnight Sun virign, as it isn't perfect yet.
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

oh seriously guys you're talking about Nutella. I'm a Nutella freak/obsessed follower. yesterday I posted a picture of my nutella+edward peeking pic at FB. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho ... =694583188
I know it's kind of like being obsessive but I'm always having a nutella moment. Can even eat it without bread, toast or anything. just Nutella! I'm not a chocolate fan myself but really my Nutella is way different.

Hey to everyone here! Obie I missed you, you've been out here..hey to Misty, and Janny, Amber, and KES and the new one HarrianCullen.

and Misty! are you seriously meeting Megs? That would be absolutely great!!

See you all in a bit

~HoneY/Honeythestripper LOL
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
buffygrl3

Post by buffygrl3 »

Hello lexily, I just want you all to know that Cody is 100% physically okay. A few bumps and bruises but nothing major. I'm sure he misses you all and I'll be sure to pass on your concern and hugs and all that. I'm doing okay too, I'm just a little upset by the whole thing. I'm awful mad at him actually. I guess he was speeding and drinking (not sure if I should say even that much but you kinda deserve to know.) His sister and one of her friends was in the car too, she was released from the hospital a few days ago, the friend is still in there as far as I know. He's got some charges against him for the whole thing, had court on monday. I'm not sure what happened with that yet but I'll tell you so that you can know when to expect him back.

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

oh it's really sad bout what happened to Cody. But really I wish him well, now there's court/charges something. Thanks Samantha for updating us.
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

*Ninna is soooo angry with Cody there is smoke seeping out her ears, while NOT in dragon form*

Misty... tell Teddy the only one who would drug you and kidnap you will still be safely on the other side of the Atlantic in July. But if it really was me you were meeting, then I could understand him being worried, he would not get to see you for a week or two! Especially now that all your boys can be fed without your body being present ;) *takes a serious discussion with Misty's girls about behaving and being good to the person who carries them around all the time*

I'm off to the doctors now, I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by pharmer4 »

I like eating nutella with a spoon, and then I used to eat a pickled onion afterwards, but I can't eat onion anymore.

I removed some cabinets in my kitchen tonight, to discover a large hole from an old exhaust fan that was never sealed, so it's been letting rain and cold air in.

So, I'm real tired, so no extra posting. How's everyone been? Sorry to hear about sids crash, and disappointed to hear about Cody's (unless it was an accident, but if drinking involved, then disappointment is the correct word).

One thing, i was sent a book about Cliff Burton to read and review for my site, and was surprised and happy to see mentioned in it an interview that I did a few years ago with someone involved with Metallica's beginnings. Was very very cool to see something I did published in a book like that.
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

Yo peeps! What is up!

I'm off work this week. Long story, actually, wait, no, short story--I don't have to work this week.

I've been reading a ton of lit---working on those Sookie books (thanks Halls) and reading fanfic.

Interesting fanfic? The one were Jasper and Bella GET IT OOONNNN! Hale yes!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4269299/1/

Seriously peeps, it actually really good. I'm a little bored with the whole Eddie/Bella angst, so this was a nice change, and we all know how I feels about the Jas.

For all you "Darkward" fans, might I recommend Bonne Foi? I have no clue what that means in French, but I like it!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4639011/1/

Read the new Wide Awake chappies and liked it, although I would have smacked the crap out of him once at least. Doctor today----went fine. Just tired. Downloaded some new music (Puddle of Mud, Staind, Norah Jones version of I think It's Going To Rain Today) and redid my playlists. Seriously, what did we do before IPODS lol? I'm not really into tech advances, but dang it, I love my shiny pink Ipod! My playlists are my moods: Angry and Fat, Angsty, Get your lazy butt up, Seriously Depressed, Jiggle your backside. Oh, and I have a "dont give a crap" one for songs I might listen to again one day (i.e. The Way by Clay Aiken (shut up) or I got friends in low places by Garth Brooks ) I'm craving waffles right now. Hmmmm.

I'm really wondering what everyone is up to---everyone must be just so busy. It's hard to keep up with Lex stuff. I understand. Just know I'm always here lurking waiting to pounce and Alice-your-ear-off about nothing in particular.

The lady at the checkout looked at me strange and analyzed all my purchases today. She didn't know what Tofu was (this is podunk we are talking) so I said "bean curd" and she said "what now dear?" and I said "Bean curd" and she didn't think that sounded good. She did the same thing with my Kimchi. I told her it was pickled hot cabbage and she made a gagging sound. THEN WHY THE FREAK DOES YOUR STORE SELL IT? Calm down Obie. Whew. I almost hulked.

Love you peeps!

Obs
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.