Alice's Party Planning Committee -- Team Alice Thread #2

pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Alice's Party Planning Committee -- Team Alice Thread #2

Post by pennybug84 »

I got a question. Let's say Alice was able to have her way and plan a really big extravagant wedding for Bella and Edward. How do you think it would have been different than the intimate one they had?

also a question on the q count. If I answer my own question does that count?

Eternally Dazzled I just wanted to say I love your avvie. :mrgreen:
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

^^Yes
Let's say Alice was able to have her way and plan a really big extravagant wedding for Bella and Edward. How do you think it would have been different than the intimate one they had? Hmmm...they probably would've had the wedding at a huge church (since that was where a lot of people got married 1918) and then the reception hall would have been big and fancy, too. The guest list probably would've been bigger. But I think that's it, really.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Ractor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Ractor »

Swould have gotten alot more brides maids atleast.

Ractor - Proud Twiguy
Chef for Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
Gino Dartino "Dart"- Twilight Mafia
(forth Line NINJA)
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

I've fallen totally behind on this thread! Planning not so much, but questions wise Im doing horrible. So Im going to take this time to catch up!

Let's say Alice was able to have her way and plan a really big extravagant wedding for Bella and Edward. How do you think it would have been different than the intimate one they had?
So basically, the BD wedding but without Bellas restrictions? I think Alice would have planned the same wedding but with a waaay bigger guest list (Hey, Alice would work long and hard for the bg day and when it comes and is perfect she'll want to show it off to as many people as possible!) and with the bigger guest list, there would have probably come a bigger venue.

We don't know when Alice's birthday is, so what month and/or day do you think Alice was born?
I think Alice is the kind of person that would have been born in the spring. She's so happy, it's just like how the spring and blooming flowers make you feel after a long, hard winter! As for the day...maybe the 17th? I dunno why, but I feel like it would be the 17th or a day in the 20s....

I also just have a little question that just occurred to me, I don't know if it's mentioned anywhere but Alice and Jasper found and joined the Cullen family together at the same time right, well they say Jasper was the newest to join their way of life as in being a "vegetarian vampire" so does that mean Alice was a vegetarian own her own before she found Jasper and the Cullens? or maybe did Jasper not become a vegetarian till a few years after joining the Cullens?
Good question, I'venever thought of that before. I think Jasper is just considered the newest one to the Cullen family since he slips up more than Alice, so even though they technically joined at the same time he was the last one to taste human blood and because of that he's considered "weaker".

Q: Dont hat eme but...I lost count again :oops:

& just a note about planning. To avoid confusion again, lets just plan the June 2nd party all the way now, and once we're done wih that we can get into our 2nd June party (wa sit the 27th?), that way it'll just help to keep everything straight.
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
mandyb7
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by mandyb7 »

okay so I think the Meadow from day to Twilight is a perfect (I kind of see it getting a bit more formal at it turns to night). And I love the fog from dry ice along the ground, that will def make it more magical and dreamy. I think quotes would be a good idea too, maybe put some on the invites, whoooa haha I just got a whole bunch of ideas of where to put quotes, okay so maybe on champagne glasses, on glass candle holders even on the candles themselves, on napkins.... okay you get the idea. Which reminds me I think we should have a bunch of candles as well as the twinkle lights and stuff.
Have we discussed colours? I was always picturing it in like whites, silver, creams, some black maybe, but I don't know about anyone else, and I don't know if you've done those colours before. But I started thinking about like adding an actually colour to those and I was thinking a blue like what Edward likes on Bella.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

I vote for cream, blue, and silver. Maybe a little black, but not too much.
Other chefs out there, I'm seeing h'ourves and bubbly being served, very light stuff. Like cream cheese and cucumbers and light, fluffy food. Any other input on food?
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

I agree with tpam
lots of fluffy stuff, cause it is a dream and lots of white foods. Hmm maybe crab cakes?
they are white and fluffy
and coconut stuff
idk just idea
logan
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
Ractor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Ractor »

Hmm, Ritz crackers, with peanut butter between, covered in white chocolate. Yeah that would be a great white desert, also with a variety of sprinkles on them.
Ractor - Proud Twiguy
Chef for Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
Gino Dartino "Dart"- Twilight Mafia
(forth Line NINJA)
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

PEOPLE!!!!
DO YOU REALIZE WE ONLY HAVE A WEEK UNTIL THE PARTY?!!!!!!!
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

^^Exactly what I was thinking! Though I havent been on here much so Im more a part of the problem, but Im ready to become part of the solution! We need to move into intense planning mode!

So location, check. Us shoppers can get started on all the accesories/decor, right?

Chefs have been throwing around some great food ideas, just keep up the good work.

Do we have a dress code yet? I was thinking fun, summer-y clothes, but when it got dark things could turn more formal with pretty dresses for the ladies and nice, white shirts for the guys etc. What do you all think?

& a question for the chefs! Do you guys want to set up all the food on a big buffet table (white table cloth etc.) and then each person would take their food back to little cafe tables set up around the meadow? Or do we want a picnic style thing? I think a buffet table would be easiest for display of food, but where everyone wants to eat it is a different matter.

Dang, the period is almost over (Im at school) but when I get home I will get on, shop/post back here! Thats a promise!

EDIT: Okay, Im back with results!

Possible buffet table NOTE: I said table, nothing but the table in this pic would be in the meadow. & since its kind of hard to tell, the table is the white, twisty part>> http://parisparfait.typepad.com/paris_p ... _light.jpg
I think it has that dream like quality to it.

If you guys want to do cafe tables that we would have set up around the meadow, they could be this style>> http://www.brocadehome.com/images/produ ... 140_mn.jpg
I think they look pretty classy, which is what we're going for when it becomes dark, or, twilight. 8-) :D

& I wasn't really supposed to post any mor ethan that, but I just found something! A black and white picnic blanket! Its really pretty>> http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/uimages ... cnic01.jpg
I dunno, but if you want to try to do a more down to earth picnic-y thing, then those might just work. I think I could find a better picnic blanket though, so tell me your opinions on ALL of this, and if we decide we want to go the way of picnic blankets then I will find some better ones!

Whew, now i feel like I've accomplished something! I think that'll be it for me, COME BACK APPC!!You cant dissapear during our busiest month!
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd