Alice's Party Planning Committee -- Team Alice Thread #2

x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Re: Alice's Party Planning Committee -- Team Alice Thread #2

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

Thanks sooo much for the promotion :D
I'm now a shopaholic eek!

Logan- I like that idea else the whole point of having a guest list is pretty pointless.
We can keep track of whos attended the party better then as well.
I have a new question!

If Alice were to join our thread what job do you think she would like?
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

I heard for the awards there is going to be best dressed. I wonder who is going to win that...*AHEM COUGH AHEM* What about Best Makeup? We could send it in a link if we find a pic.
Oh Rosalie!
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Harper's Island. Hiding from John Wakefield and Henry Dunn.

Post by Oh Rosalie! »

woot!! the shopaholics are in bold? why?
If alice won an oscar what do you think it would be??
-best dressed, best makeup, best costume design,

-i think she loved all of the jobs available but i think she would go to makeup artist(sorry, its not in there just made that up) or in the shopping jobs.

:D
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

rosie: they are in bold because they(and you) are newly promoted, so that logan can know the new update... ;)

x. Jessica-Louise .x : you earned it... congratulations..

ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

I think she would definitely be a shopper. The Cullens love to indulge, so why wouldn't she?

By the way, for those who haven't already voted for their ideal date for the party on the APPC forums, please do so now. :)

-Emmaline
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
shadowsinger
Wandering Through Town

Post by shadowsinger »

47 What do you think Alice would think of our plans for the party?
* Probably that it wasn't nearly over the top enough. Where are the gold-plated coasters and the live symphony? :)

48 If Alice saw our (APPC) party? What do you think she would think about it? Would she like it???
* I can't really speak to this one as I wasn't there (darned real life) but I'm fairly sure she'd love a party of any stripe.

49. If Alice won an Oscar what do you think it would be??
* *thinks about this for a second*
* Probably assistant producer. In the real world, the AP is the person who basically makes sure everyone gets everything they need, on time, on budget, and keeps the actors happy. It just seems like a good posting for a chronic organizer and shopper.

50. What do you think Alice thinks about how vampires are portrayed in the media (books, movies, TV show, etc.)
* I think that for the most part, the more inaccurate the portrayal the better, since the screwier theories make her and her family safe.
* She probably gets a good laugh out of some of the more over-the-top things, like Underworld (I mean really; the thought of a werewolf falling in love with a vampire is ridiculous, Renesmee - who is not a true vampire - notwithstanding). Before the Twilight series came out, she probably enjoyed the Anne Rice books (Lestat in his melodrama is so much like her big brother in some ways) and the series Blood Ties (although works that suggest vampires leading 'normal lives' alongside humans are always a risk...).
* Like most of us who have an interest in the mythos, she probably takes it all with a grain of salt. I mean, after all, the same creative thread that brought us Once Bitten and Blackula brought us series like True Blood. It runs the gamut of interpretations.

51. How do you think Alice would react if she were to meet her very own Blood Singer?
* It is not absolutely clear to me from the books / canon if she is completely virginal (never tasted human blood; if someone has something either way, feel free to correct me) but I think that she would probably try and befriend that person the same way she's worked to befriend Bella. She wouldn't want to destroy something so beautiful to her, in the same way we wouldn't want to slash up a Monet with a pocketknife.

52. If Alice were to join our thread what job do you think she would like?
* Well, assuming she couldn't badger her way into hostessing, she'd probably end up a Shopper. *laughing* Somehow I get the feeling that the advent of online storefronts has resulted in a need for a much bigger closet.

(+ six newbie questions, which I forgot to count, which makes... 58)

-Shadow-
Team Edward: Because Romance Is Not A Four Letter Word...
Team Alice: Prescient, Perky, Popular, Prada - What's Not To Love?

"You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will." - George Bernard
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

shadow: newbie questions does not count... *winks*

1. check page 3 for your name and ranks.. if you have posted at least 45 and still on lvl 2 of your rank.. let me know. so we can update
2.please answer the poll question on when will be having the March's party...

ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
shadowsinger
Wandering Through Town

Post by shadowsinger »

sachael wrote:shadow: newbie questions does not count... *winks*
1. check page 3 for your name and ranks.. if you have posted at least 45 and still on lvl 2 of your rank.. let me know. so we can update
2.please answer the poll question on when will be having the March's party...
Okay; I was trying to figure out how people had gotten over sixty, since I was pretty sure I'd answered everything. There must have been stuff I missed somewhere along the way; they probably didn't interest me or felt like I was repeating myself. I thought maybe I was SUPPOSED to count the newbie questions and hadn't. :D

No matter how I count it, I'm over 50, so I'm not sure how to get that fixed (am I supposed to be bumped again? not entirely clear on the promotion logic, but hokay...).

And yes, I did finally get over to the forum and post a preferred date. I've been having a few days of needing to deal with my real life stuff, so I've been checking for PMs and not much else.

-Shadow-

"You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will." - George Bernard
shadowsinger
Wandering Through Town

Post by shadowsinger »

Oh and Sarah (the keeper of the song list / music):

You might want to check out this site:
http://www.playlist.com/

and see how many of the songs we listed are available for playback - it's the same site Stephenie Meyer uses to build her play lists for the book music on her site and it would be a way for us to hear all the great suggestions from other people.

Oh wait, that wasn't a very shoppery suggestion, was it? *goes off to stalk something shiny*

=Shadow=

ETA: Oh never mind; I realize you guys were already using it to post the play list at the party I couldn't make it to (See - this is what happens when I miss stuff for three days! Grr!)

Oh and sorry about that Sachael - I should have just edited the existing post. (I thought double-posting referred more to the impatient 'hit send fourteen times and flood the thread' issue than literally having two back to back posts. It's only my first major phooey - mea culpa et al...)
Last edited by shadowsinger on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Ok well we have an Oscar-esque theme correct?I'm a little confused honestly but I'm going to find some stuff. Oh and if you guys need an outfit you know who to go to. :lol: I'll be glad too help. Hmm..reminds me to find something for myself. Well look at this guys:

http://www.allseasonstentrental.com/red ... 0entry.jpg <<entrance
http://gingersnaps.files.wordpress.com/ ... wberry.jpg <<Red daiquiris should be the drink of the night.
http://www.e-architect.co.uk/scotland/j ... <<Wouldn't the bar look amazing like that?
http://hackedgadgets.com/wp-content/2/d ... b.jpg<<VIP section