EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #5

eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Re: EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #5

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

Shanon! I haven't seen/spoken to you in so long!!
Miss seeing the names Shan(n)on around here! *cough*hint-Shannon-hint*cough*

And Mez..I did some more searching and found the quesiton, well more of just a deiscussion, I was thinking of..But guess where I found it..Not even in EDC..The Rosalie Hale discussion thread form back in January!
Well it had this awesome big discussion between me, eclipserox, gossipgirl, and probably some others..
So I'm gonna post my answer to that and then some of the other opinions I liked form the discussion..(I'm always quoting my parts and I will say if they aren't)

If Rosalie could change back into a human, but had to give up Emmett, would she do it?
I think he initial resonse would be to say yes. But then she would think about it.
If she were able to just pick up and leave everything, including Emmett, I don't think she would realise just how good or how strong her love for Emmett was until she left it. I think that Emmett is exactly what Rosalie needs - even if she doesn't know it -and she wouldn't realise this until she left it all behind her, and then I think she may suffer and actually look back and re-assess her decisions as a result and find where she went wrong, and then I think she may regret.
I just don't think Rose realises how much she needs Emmett to ground her and how much happier he makes her (yes, she would also be very happy if she were human and was able to have a baby, but I just think Emmett is what she truly need in her life) until it is too late.
I know everyone says, and Rose says briefly that she would give up everything to be human again..But I don't think she realises what she would be leaving in Emmett if she was given the chance.
In Dark High Noon, Edward is talking about how he is changed completely - that he is changed as much as Carlisle with Esme and Rose with Emmett..So she has a very very strong bond with him and I don't think she can just 'walk' away and leave him behind. She has a very strong love for him and I just don't thin kshe could walk away from him.
(Sorry if they repeat things..They're from different posts and I couldn't be bothered editing them..)
OK that's all I can find wihtout spending too much time on it when i should be writing my report for the month..So I'll leave it there.

But in short, no I don't think Rose would leave Emmett given the chance. I think if she properly weighed all the pros and cons she would find that the pros heavily out weigh the cons and her need for Emmett, whether she consciously is aware of it or not, is too strong for her to just leave it behind.

Aaaaaaaand now I'm off to write my report..I will keep this opened so I can check in.. :D

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD! Guess what!!! Taylor Swift is coming to Australia next February and I'M PROBABLY GOING TO SEE HER!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!
I saw the ad for it on the internet today and quickly wrote to mum begging and then we started organising..SO EXCITED!!!! :D :o :shock: :D
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

What Up Peeps?

Yes I'm back and it seems like I've come just in time to see some of the OC has returned. Woot Woot! Even BHG has returned now only if Heather pops in then the whole management team has appeared.

Elise - you know that I'm always around the Lex lurking but I'm going to try and start posting more here in the EDC. So don't worry my friend, I will be here. HUGS!

So now on to some questions!

Do you think Emmett loved high school when he was human?
I think that my DT, shanon hit on a little bit of what I wanted to say. When I think of Emmett in his human life, I start thinking of Little House on the Prarie. In my opinion, I don't believe that people were too high on education once you made it past the elementary levels. I believe that Emmett probably did go to school but when he became an adolescent, he was probably told that he had to help to provide for the family whether it be working in the fields or mines or doing some other form of manual labor. I think that the women probably furthered their education more then the males.

Now with all that being said, I believe that if Emmett had the option to attend high school, he probably wouldn't go or enjoy it. I think that he would have wanted to help provide for his family working and not spending time in school but I think he would have enjoyed playing sports and showing people how smart he is and not to judge him based on his appearance.

With popularity of the Twilight Saga booming, do you think the names of the characters will start to boost in numbers? And would you yourself consider naming your kid(s) after any Twilight characters?
I think that the Twilight character names will eventually become popular but not right now. Even though there are alot of adult readers who are able to have kids, I think that they will tend to pick more names that are popular right now. When the younger readers are going to have kids, I believe that they will be the ones that will end up using the names from the the books.

Allrighty Peeps! I'm Out! I'm going to go add some items to my office and stare at my mural the Heather painted.

TOODLES and HUGS!
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Meztli
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Playing thunderball with the Cullens in a Demetri-free land!

Post by Meztli »

Sorry Elise, that was not the right page. BUT you did help me find it. I forgot you could search within a topic so that's what I did. I searched Jesme, and BADA-PING! I managed to find it. Interesingly it was on this thread, page ten. Funny huh? It seemed before that. Hmm..

Anyways, now I can properly answer the name question!
Yes, I would probably name my kids after a few Twilight characters. Rosalie, Emmett, Carlisle, and Esmé. But I had made up a few names by mix and matching characters names. Here is the list of names I created...

Alisper(al-lis-per)= Alice and Jasper. Boy name
Rosalett(rose-a-let)=Rose and Emmett <-I would consider that for my girl
Rommett(row-met)=Rose and Emmett. Boy name :?
Esmile(ez-mile)=Esmé and Carlisle. Unisex?
Alislie(el-ez-lee)=Alice and Rose. Girl!
No good ones for Alice and Emmett
Alismé(a-lez-may)=Alice and Esmé. Girl. <- I like that one
No good ones for Alice and Carlisle
Jaslie(Jazz-lee)=Jasper and Rose. Girl <- one of my favorites!
Jasmett(jazz-met)=Jasper and Emm. Not to fond of this one
Jesmé(Jez-may)=Jasper and Esmé. Girl! <- one of my favorites!
No good ones for Jasper and Carlisle
Rosmé(rose-may)=Rose and Esmé. Girl. Okay name
Resmélie(Rez-may-lee)=Rose and Esmé. Proud of myself on that one. <-I'd consider it.

Interesing as nearly all of them are girl names! :lol: So the ones I'd pick are...Rosalett, Alismé, Jaslie, Jesmé and Resmélie. And saying Rosalie and Rosalett in Spanish is neato. It's nearly the same, just add an accent. I think it sounds pretty.

BUT you did help me so here are your cookies (::) and Emm's boxers Rawr!
Hydraulic Broom Trainee for EDC, INC.
Commander of Emmett's Undies~Jell-O Wars '09
Fanfiction Profile: Meztli
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

I have updated the member list in the first post. If you are not listed under the rank you think you should be on, let me know and I'll double check with Carrie.

I promised an answer to the high school question. I typed this out a couple of days ago when I spotted it and now I'm posting it since several of you have now answered. I didn't want to influence anyone with my answer because I wanted to see how well you all knew your Emmett facts. :D

Do you think Emmett loved high school when he was human?IF he went to high school I don’t know that he loved it. He would have done ok, but he would have rather been somewhere else. They didn’t have all the extra curricular activities we have now. They did have sports and I can see him being a football player, but outside of that I would imagine he was a little bored with school.

Now here’s the rub. Notice that I started my answer with a capital “IF”. Given the time period and the region, I’m not so sure that he even went to high school while he was human. It was very common for kids, especially boys, to drop out before high school in order to help out on the family farm or to help out in some other way to earn money. We know he was from a huge family and in my mind they were farmers. I’ve always thought that he didn’t finish school as a human and that it wasn’t until he had to fit in as a vampire pretending to be human that he finally went to high school. I have a fanfic that touches on this subject called School Days.

shanon wrote:Do we even know if Emmett went to H.S.? Back when he was human, children, especially males, started working at a young age to help support their families. I don't know that this applied to Emmett, but I'm thinking it's a possibility. Especially since he came from a large family.

skylarblue wrote:In my opinion, I don't believe that people were too high on education once you made it past the elementary levels. I believe that Emmett probably did go to school but when he became an adolescent, he was probably told that he had to help to provide for the family whether it be working in the fields or mines or doing some other form of manual labor.

I started to wonder if anyone was going to come close to my answer, but the shan(n)ons got it – citing the time period and how he may not have gone to high school. So for you I have a reward. *Hands over a box full of Emmett goodies for your offices.* Go, add to your office décor and enjoy!

Ok, so new question for you. This one came to me while I was driving the other day and honestly, I haven't come up with an answer yet. I'm still mulling it over and curious as to what you all think.

All the Cullen vehicles reflect personality - Carlisle's Mercedes is functional as well as a car that fits the doctor persona, Rose's BMW is flashy and attention grabbing, Edward's Volvo is practical (blends in) but is also fast, Edward's Aston Martin is for the collector in him and also fast, Alice's Porche is...well, Alice, and Emmett's Jeep fits his outdoorsman personality. All of the vehicles meet the vampires' need to go fast except the Jeep. The Jeep (as described in the book, not the one portrayed in the movie) was made for four-wheeling. Four-wheeling is totally an Emmett activity and even Edward enjoyed it when he and Bella were bouncing along the rough road, but it's not fast. So, my question is Who do you think picked out Emmett's Jeep. Did he chose it himself, did Rose pick it for him, did she want him to have a vehicle (because she had one and she wanted another to work on) but let him pick his own? I can imagine all of those scenarios and I'm curious to know what you think.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
Meztli
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Playing thunderball with the Cullens in a Demetri-free land!

Post by Meztli »

Okay BHG, let's take a look at that question of yours...

Who do you think picked out Emmett's Jeep?

Well, right away I say Emmett. But I'm not really sure what happened. I keep seeing this scene in which Emmett steals one of the Cullen cars and tries to go off roading with it. I'm sure that was meet with disasterous results. I can picture the Cullens standing around the twisted remains of one of their precious cars, smoke coming out from the engine, and all of them look over at Emmett and Rose says, 'You're getting your own car.' :lol: So I would think they feel in order to protect their own cars from Emmett 'boisterous' driving, they might as well get him is own so he doesn't take one of theirs. I admit that getting that Jeep was all Emmett, but me thinks the red paint was all Rose :lol:
Hydraulic Broom Trainee for EDC, INC.
Commander of Emmett's Undies~Jell-O Wars '09
Fanfiction Profile: Meztli
Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire
Location: In Ohio, waiting for Edward to come through the window.....

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

Hey guys! I missed all of you too! *Emmett-bear hugs Derek back* :D

BHG - Omigosh, I would hyperventilate if I met you too! You're just so amazing! And these things I've hear...2x4's, eh? Maybe...*cough*

Ok, I think 2 new questions? First mine...

Do you think Emmett loved high school when he was human?

Ok, so it is doubtfull whether or not he went to high school so...IF he went to high school I think he would love it. I think it would come naturally to him like everything else, to love it. He would love the sports and most definitely all the popularity he would have. Everyone would have loved him and he would have had so much fun. As for the academic stuff, I think he wouldn't have really likes it persay, but I do think he would have been good at it. :D

At first thought, I would think Emmett picked it out. But we all have to admit, that little scenario up there^^^is pretty probably. :lol: Emmett would just love 4-wheeling and I think picking out that specific car was all him but the idea of getting him a car in the first place was probably everyone's. :D

Okay, tchao EDC! :D

♥~*Proud Member/Founder of The Mookie Adams Family*~♥
topazeyes2
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by topazeyes2 »

You'll never guess who's back!!!! IT's ME!!!!! I haven't been on in FOREVER!!!!!!!!! and I'm so sorry I'll never be gone for that long again how long was it? Like 5 months :cry: but i'm back and better than ever!!!! I missed you guys so much nad since I left I have become team jacob but I still love Emmett more than ill ever love him :P But I'm as spazzy as ever! Anyway what are you guys doing now I need to be updated I hope you still remember me its maddie of course well ta ta for now!
Image[/img]
Bulldozer Trainee at E.D.C. Go Emmett!!!
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

Crickets?! Seriously?! :o
Elise! Hey girlie! :D Good to see you are still around! Hope all your travels are going well. Luuu-cky! BTW- My sister just saw Taylor Swift a couple weeks ago & said it was awesome, so have fun with that!
DT- Ohhh! We got Emmett goodies from Boss Lady BHG! Nice! ;)

I think Emmett picked it out himself! I think he picked it because it suits his personality. I like how Mez said it! I can totally see it--
Meztli wrote:Okay BHG, let's take a look at that question of yours...

Well, right away I say Emmett. But I'm not really sure what happened. I keep seeing this scene in which Emmett steals one of the Cullen cars and tries to go off roading with it. I'm sure that was meet with disasterous results. I can picture the Cullens standing around the twisted remains of one of their precious cars, smoke coming out from the engine, and all of them look over at Emmett and Rose says, 'You're getting your own car.' :lol: So I would think they feel in order to protect their own cars from Emmett 'boisterous' driving, they might as well get him is own so he doesn't take one of theirs. I admit that getting that Jeep was all Emmett, but me thinks the red paint was all Rose :lol:
Simple, short & sweet!
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
nezziecarlycullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by nezziecarlycullen »

Meztli wrote:Okay BHG, let's take a look at that question of yours...

I like how she put it. At first i never thought of it that much. All i knew was that mom got mad when the color got changed from red to silver. (i wonder why the changed the color...) I think it would be emmett though...

WHERE DID EVERYONE GO
WHERE DID EVERONE GO
WHERE DID EVERYONE GO
WHERE DID EVERYONE GO
WHERE DID EVERONE GO

when i joined the activity spiked there for awhile but now its back to its normal unactive self (says bhg) *thinks about trying to get bhg on tonight*
Everytime she comes back activity spikes again.
alices party planing comittie
~EDC~
team renesmee
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Hey guys! i'm still alive!

Well, sort of. I wasn't on all week because I got super sick. I'm still trying to recover. I missed school and everything, so it was pretty bad.

Anyway, I'm back! I'll count posts tomorrow, because I have many other things to get done before I hit the sack.

Here we go! Question time!! :D

I'll just come right out and say that I would love to just copy and paste Mez's idea on here, because I love it. However, I'll try to conjure up my own answer...hm...
So, I'm thinking Emmett picked it out because as much as he loves speed, I think he'd rather have something more off-roadish that can get down and dirty without really hurting it. As Mez said, he probably wrecked one of the sports cars and they decided that he needed his own. On the other hand...maybe they all just got a car and Emmett picked out the Jeep. That one isn't NEARLY as funny as the other image, but its still possible. I mean, it could be anything.

Alrighty! I might add more to that later, but I have to run!

Oh, real quick. I wanted to let you guys know that you won't see much of me from this weekend till the next, because I'm going out of town and then I've got a GINORMOUS test for math thats worth 75% of my grade that I'm going to dive into.

Bye!

~Carrie :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin