EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #5

Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Re: EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #5

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

Renesmee_Bella wrote::O BHG! I don't think we've met, I'm Fatima or Fat or RnB, whichever you prefer... OMIGOSH I CAN'T BELIEVE I GET TO FINALLY MEET YOU! I'VE HEARD SOOOO MUCH! *whipers* You're kinda famous.... :D
Nice to meet you Fat. These things you've heard...did they involve sledge hammers and 2x4s? Famous? Really? You're not the first person to tell me that lately and it has me curious. I'm just a person like the rest of you. True story, (grabs story hat), When Stephenie did the book tour for Eclipse the Lexicon had mods at each signing. I covered the one in Atlanta, GA. There was a girl that actually hyperventilated when she found out who I was. It shocked me. That was the most extreme reaction, but there were others that seemed to think of me as famous and I don't view myself that way. (puts hat back on maniquin and gets lost in thought while admiring this life size version of dreamy-ness)

--waking from EIC hours later--

The question about Emmett liking high school, I'm going to wait before I answer because I want to see more answers from all of you. I'm curious to see if anyone gets close to my answer. I'll be back later to let you all know what I think. Some of you that's been around the EDC for a while should be able to guess my answer, and if you can't then maybe it's time for another training course. :D
Banner by urcoolcarrie
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Enormously-enormous Emmett-y bear hug*
Yay! I missed you!
And Vilde! And Carrie! And Liz! And Elise! And BHG (yay, you're posting a lot now! :D ) And Nezzie! And Willow!

BHG ~ I'm pretty sure I would hyperventilate if I met you, too. I honestly think I would freak out if I ever met any Lexer, even one of the bad people who register and then never post. Haha, I'll see people reading the saga and wonder if they're Lexers. Like when I was at basketball tryouts yesterday and my friend's mom was reading NM. And I was like, have you ever visited the Twilight Lexicon Discussion Forums? :lol: :lol:

Question time:

Do you think Emmett loved high school when he was human?
Hmm...I think he would have. Since Emmett loves life so much as a vampire, I'm sure he loved school, even if he had half the enthusiasm he has now.

~DeReK. Haha, I wrote my name cool. ;) ;)
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
nezziecarlycullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by nezziecarlycullen »

oh hi to people who haves said hi to me
oh and willow my birthday is in july not june or may...
yay my 25th post!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

EDIT: ha someone actualy did that bhg!!! :shock: :o :lol: :lol: :lol: well i can picture someone doing that but guys, Shes no diffrent than the rest of us :mrgreen: :lol: Shes a mod so what... :roll:
alices party planing comittie
~EDC~
team renesmee
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

EDC!!!!! :D *hugs everyone* hiii

Fatima: bleeh yes it does. I'm kind of getting settled now but still too much homework...i'm always so busy! :shock:

Carrie: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thankiies!! :D I've been waiting to be a Dump Truck Trainee!

Nezzie: Sorry; I haven't introduced myself here yet [: it slipped my mind last post. Nice to meet you!! I'm Mimi2....since there's another Mimi hahaha. But anyways..Welcome!!!! :D

Yes I think he did but I think he enjoyed it more while he was a vampire because he had Rosalie with him as well as another family members, who understood what he was going through.

Okie Dokie.. EMMETT SIZED BEAR HUGS TO YOU ALL DEARS! <33
take care [:
~MiMi~
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

Howdy howdy all!

Thought I would quickly drop in before I go to tennis this afternoon and answer the question quickly..

I think we've answered this question a LONG time ago but probably not many of you guys were there then..

I think he was one of hte ones who more loved the social side school provided. Remember it was the 1920s or so and so it was much different than it is now. By his build and love of hunting I think he was more of what we would stereotype now as the "Jock" and with his goofball-love-life attitude I think people would've seen him as the "dumber" Jock, but he was smart, 4.0, he just didn't showcase his brains and knowledge. He says that his personality didn't change since becoming a vampire so I think he would've had his love.life attitude in school and just made it fun for him.
And, with the studying I conducted for this answer, he was also one of the poor families so I also think that he may have been seen as a kinda outcast in the school because they were poor and so maybe didn't have as many friends (which I doubt considering his attitude) but then his attitude let him see past that to all the more important things in life and it just let him focus on his studies quietly.
Hmm did that actually answer the question? I think so but I don't htink it was really a solid answer.. :lol:

And I played tennis for the first time this year (even though I didn't play at home..) for 2 hours and now my butt muscles on teh left side and the muscles in my right arm and wrist are KILLING ME!!! And now I'm playing again today..

And on the topic of what we would do if we met BHG..Well I probably wouldn't hyperventilate or feint or anything..I would probably just launch into a GIANT hug and treat her like i've known her forever..That would be fun..That would be the same if I met most of you guys actually..Hehehe..
And I think that all teh time too Derek when I see someone reading Twilight or taking about it..I always wonder if I'll just figure out someone on the Lex is actually a friend of mine.. :lol: That would be funny..

Well I'm out now to play tennis and die some more..

Peace out homies!
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
dreamer
Touched By Cold Hands
Location: Laxing with Gabriel.. cause Kait is long gone ;) we're both star struck by hanny

Post by dreamer »

Question time!!

No, who loves high school? It's exhausting! But I don't think he hated it either. He was propably the cool, nice, smart, handsome and athletic guy = very popular. The perfect guy... ahh.. *snaps out of the daydreaming* Okay, I'm back! Emmett must have really liked the sports and the people there though.

*looking for more questions to answer*

EDIT:

With popularity of the Twilight Saga booming, do you think the names of the characters will start to boost in numbers? And would you yourself consider naming your kid(s) after any Twilight characters?
I answered this question in the post that got deleted( :() so I'll just answer it again..
Definitely! I don't think I would beacuse I'm from Norway, and it would be very strange to have kid named for example Jasper if I lived in Norway (but maybe I'll move 8-) :) ).. But many in the UK or USA will probably (or have already) name their children afther Twilight characters.
If I didn't live in Norway, and was going to pick a Twilight name, I would pick.... hmm... maybe Esme or Rosalie.. or maybe a mix of some Twilight names. Then they would be special, and they would be Twilight names, but no one would know, so no one could call me crazy :twisted:

willowtree wrote:
How religious do you think Emmett was as a human? Church every Sunday, more often, less...?

yes, for reasons that BHG already said. he thought Rosalie was an angel and Carlisle was god. So, the answer is yes. :mrgreen:

~h. f. e. l.
I agree! That's so good thought! I would've never thought of that....

EDIT 2:
OoOoo.. I wanna know how many posts I've made on team Emmett.. (I know.. It seems like I don't have much to do.. I have a ton of homework, I'm just avoiding them :oops: ;) )

EDIT 3:
Hmm.. only 12 posts :( Note to self: need to post more ofthen!
ImageImage
J&Bsig+avatarbyemaleth@vesperarium[/b]~on the list~team taycob~
EDC Crane Operator~SBS Combat Trainee~ APPC: bouncer~ Paiy and Puce, the ninja girls of the lex~
nezziecarlycullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by nezziecarlycullen »

With popularity of the Twilight Saga booming, do you think the names of the characters will start to boost in numbers? And would you yourself consider naming your kid(s) after any Twilight characters?

i think it will. i have allways loved the names rose, lauren, and alice. but ive probably got a few more decades before i have to think about that. :)
alices party planing comittie
~EDC~
team renesmee
Meztli
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Playing thunderball with the Cullens in a Demetri-free land!

Post by Meztli »

Okay I have looked through all of the threads, even the very first one, and for the life of me can not find the conversation we had with the names. I've searched somany times, even going page by page but nothing. So digital cookies and a limited edition teddy bear print boxer shorts, pre-owned by Emmett, to who ever finds it for me!

Also on my hunt, I saw a very interesting question. I want to say it was in thread three but who knows. Let's see...I'll paraphrase it.

If Rosalie could change back into a human, but had to give up Emmett, would she do it?

I noticed a lot of us answered that yes she would. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she would, and Emmett would be okay with that as it'd make her happy, but I don't think she'd see the flaws in the plan. Sure she would be human again and able to grow old and have a family but really what's the point if you can't have a family with the man you love.
Now there is another twist to this, which she could do what Bella did. Sleep with Vamp Emmett and have a baby that way. Cause if anything, Rose misses the chance to have a child. This way she could have a child but I don't think Emmett would go for it as it'd be too much for him and I really think he'd end up hurting her. And I'm sure he wouldn't want anything to happen to her. But yeah there you go...
Hydraulic Broom Trainee for EDC, INC.
Commander of Emmett's Undies~Jell-O Wars '09
Fanfiction Profile: Meztli
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

Meztli wrote:Okay I have looked through all of the threads, even the very first one, and for the life of me can not find the conversation we had with the names. I've searched somany times, even going page by page but nothing. So digital cookies and a limited edition teddy bear print boxer shorts, pre-owned by Emmett, to who ever finds it for me!
I FOUND IT!!!!!!
Mez! I searched Emalie and found nothing so then searched something I could remember and I searched "Rosalett" and TA-DA!
Gefunden!!

Genius much?
It was in this thread..Weird..Thought it was so much longer ago! Wait..It was in March..Wow shows how slow we're going..
Genius List by Mez and others..

Do i get my digital cookies and then those boxer shorts now?? *bounces up and down in her seat in excitement*
:D

And to save me answering the wonderul question Mez supplied, while I'm in teh mood for searching things on teh Lex I'm gonna go find my original answer..but shhhh!

EDIT: Damn Mez! You either found the question I was htinking of or you changed it from what I've found now..I can only find the HUGE discussion of when we asked We know Rosalie would give anything to be human again - to be able to have her life the way she planned. If there were some way of that being possible, do you think Emmett would follow, or stay?

Is that the question you paraphrased? Or should I keep searching?
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

I was lurking & just had to answer this one.

Do we even know if Emmett went to H.S.? Back when he was human, children, especially males, started working at a young age to help support their families. I don't know that this applied to Emmett, but I'm thinking it's a possibility. Especially since he came from a large family.

Oh!Oh! BGH is BAA-AACK! :D How very nice! Obviously, you have been missed. And hello to lil BHG! Nezzie? Sorry if I got the name wrong..I can't go that far back right now ;) I am Shanon #2-- 1 "N". It's great to see familiar faces. Er- names.
Who all has Fan Fic going on? I have a ton of time on my hands & not enough to do! Shocking!
That's it for now! ~bear hugs to all~
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.