EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #5

eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Re: EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #5

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

*Slips in and takes a deep breath*
Congratulations: Carrie-for-the-car-All-the-promotions-Shannon-for-her-birthday-Mez-for-her-birthday-Mez-for-the-nephew-I-saw-Shannon-multiple-times-and-Mez-and-Mimi-and-Shanon-and-Cas-and-of-course-Carrie-and-KATTTTTTTTTT!!-So-happy-to-see-you-guys-here-you-have-no-idea-how-much-I've-missed-the-OC-now-I-just-need-to-see-Cam-and-Sierra-and-Heather-and-BHG-on-here-and-I-would-be-so-so-so-so-happy-!-Welcome-to-the-new-members!-What-else-should-I-be-congratulating-people-for-???----------Out------of--------brea-------*collapse from no air*

---------------------------------20 minutes later----------------------------------------

*Sits up*
Sorry bout that..Now what should I be doing here?Probably catching up on a couple of questions..Hmm I'll get to that eventually..

:roll: Fine! I'll do one or a couple now hten get onto my ranting..Lets see..A question I like..

I would answer Do you think Emmett would go skydiving? But that's kinda self-ansering and now discussion there, no offence to who wrote it.

Hmm what about: What if Emmett could choose a new mate. Do oyu think he would stay wiht Rose or find someone who he has more in common with?
This is quite good. Ok so it is kinda self-answering too but I think I can elaborate and knowing me get fired up about and get into it and ramble or AGES, not quite a Bri post but close enough that people just breeze over it because it looks too long and doesn't actually say anything that makes sense..Kinda like this here..Ok lets attempt it..Emmett would definitely not choose a new mate. To Emmett, Rosalie is his world. She is what the sun revolves around. Yes, she can be self-centered, mean, longing for something that he can never give her, has some different interests from him, but he loves her. She saved him form bear when he was getting mauled to death and he was, and still is, his angel. He would do anything for her. Go anywhere. Lik ein New Moon or Twilight how they say that Emmett and Rose are off on another honeymoon but Bella knows it is because of her, Emmett loved Bella from the start and would've loved to spend time wiht her and his favourite brother but Rose needed time away and so he went with her with, as far as we know, and I would be inclined to believe given his character, no questions asked. He would never trade her for anything but he would trade anything to make her happy. He would give anyhting in the world, including his life I would think, to give her what she wants. But hten also I think for her side of the story, she knows he would do anything for her and she loves him as much as he loves her.
Even though on the surface they don#t seem to have much in common with each other I think that they actually do. He likes showing strength and skill and she loves cars so they work together on these sorta projects. She loves the public image and I think sometimes he wold too. they both love Nessie so would love spending time with her. What else? *deep breath* I just think that he would think that he could never find anyone in the entire world that he has more in common with (if oyu don't count the boys) or loves mroe that anythign in the world combined so therefore he would never trade her for someone else. *panting from stress induced by attempting a question*

Ok. Sound good? Nope? OK I'll attempt a new one also..
This was the only other one I could find on this page that I thought I could answer..
If Emmett were a girl, what kind of clothes owuodl he wear?
Well..If he were still in the Cullens and a sister to Alice and Rose, obviously something expensive, stylish, designer, "in" and totally awesome. But if it were up to Emmettina, and he/she still had his/her sporting love etc, he/she would be in comfortable, desinger, sporty, awesome clothes..

Now can I start my rambling?
Even if you say no, theres ntohign you can do about it now :D

OK so I noticed people talking about who and when the OC was created..Well! *Sits down in front of attentive EDCers in Wreck Hall caressing the Emmett manniken* It all started around the 3rd Thread when the numbers really started picking up and it referred to the members and staff who participated in Thread # 1. So if you were not in Thread # 1 you were not called the OC but then some of the people who joined just after that, no matter htat they weren't in the first thread proved htat they were worthy of our company by their craziness and thus a few of us started the CC (Crazy Crew) also. Of course, led by the craziest herself, Shannon (skylarblue). After this people were just memebrs and we would have lots of fun here anyway.
I missed the OC and CC for so long and now I am so happy that I am seeing so many of them here now *sniffle* *wipes tears form eyes*

What else did I notice here?
Haha oh yeah. Carrie stepping her foot down. God that made me laugh. Not because what she said was funny. Cos it totally was not. I agree with Everything she said. For so long the thread was just conversations and lacked any realy, solid Emmett-vsit-worthy material. Just because the Staff (Carrie, Shannon, Heather [oh how I miss this girl..*sniffle*] and of cours BHG) are not here to keep you all in line, doesn't mean you can't go off and talk about randomness.
No, I found this so hilarious because Carrie can never, besides then, get angry! So many times shes tried to get mad at us and it has always been so funny! Mostly because we were probably doing something really naughty like plotting, then carrying out, the plan to steal BHG's 2x4's and stash them in mulitply hiding places around hte world and hten we shredded them in a wood-chopper and what-not (boy was that the funnest couple fo days or what..Oh the memories.. :mrgreen:) and then BHG made us stick them all back together with glue when we moved Threads and then it always had to be Shannon who got mad at us and brings us back into line (BHG was away and usually Heather was helping us..). Carrie just couldn't do it. That's why we all feared, and still fear, the Ruler of Doom. I don't know how many times Shannon used to pull that out and did we manage to steal it once? And then you caught us..? I dunno..Anyway, we pretty much feared Shannon so much when we started getting off topic even just a little bit.. :?
Now I am finished my annoyed, random oldie rant..

What else did I have to mention?
Of yeah, just a quick update on my travels: I am still in Austria till mid January. I just moved Host Families, this is my 4th. School started again today, but only for 2 hours. I live right in the middle of my town now. On Saturday I am going by bus with 2 classes from school to Cannes, France for the week while the classes have some french lessons and me and hte other Australian girl get to have free mornings exploring and beaching every day. We will get afternoon trips to places like Nice and Monaco. During the week we are hosted by French families which will be so much fun!!!

And someone asked if anyone had spoken to Sierra..I HAVE! She is stil alive and well :) Facebook is pretty much and exchange students best friend (as i found out this year) and I have been keeping in contact with her and Shannon through that :)

What else?
Actually I'm thinking this is maybe getting a little long, and now I promise form the bottom of my heart, now that I know the OC is getting back, that I will be on more often! I can't promise how often, but definitely more than my once a month I am currently pulling off..

So..Talk soon my lovely ladies and gentlemen!

OH! And before I forget! Me and Emmett did some demolisions over the summer break. Don't worry Shannon, it wasn't during your birthday week..
A nursing home.. - But don't worry! Noone was home! They were all out on some excursion..
Backhoe Genius At Work - Got to get right in and dirty with my Backhoe Trainee. Emmett was overseeing my work so I didn't do anything wrong with my trainee-ship :D

And that's all I can find to share ..

I will try and pop in later to see if anyone replies before I hit the sack and watch the televising of the MTV VMAs here..
Ciao!!

Elise
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

*Walks into office, knocks down all the cobwebs. Writes "Emmett" in the layers of dust covering my desk. Looks at the stack of glued together 2x4s with fond memories. Stands and admires the wonderful Emmett mural on the wall. Takes deep breath and chokes on all the dust in the air. Decides to wander over to the wreck hall before tackling the job of cleaning the office. Steps inside and breaks into a face splitting ear-to-ear smile. All kinds of Emmett wonderfulness here.*

Hey Everybody! Guess who decided to stop by. I had a few minutes free and decided to stop in and see what's happening. Of course there's no way I can catch up on the thread, I've been absent for far too long. But I couldn't not come by the EDC while I was here.

So to all the OC: Hey! great to see you, keep on with the usual. :D
To all the new members that joined while I was absent and are asking who the heck BHG is: Welcome! Hope you're enjoying our little piece of paradise.
To everyone that falls somewhere between those two groups: Hey! Great seeing you too.

My time is still very limited, but I hope that changes in the next month or so and I can get back here on a regular basis after that. In the meantime, I am going to start working on updating the member list in the first post. Bear with me, it will probably take a while.

I just happened to notice the skydiving question so I'll answer it real quick before I have to go. Of course he would go and he would drag everyone one of them he could along. As for the person that mentioned hiring an instructor...they might hire a plane, but they wouldn't hire an instructor - wouldn't need to. Thanks to this question I now have an image of Emmett falling through the air with his arms outstretched, yelling to Esme "Look ma, I'm flying!" :lol:

Well, I'm out of time for now. Not sure when I'll make it back here, but until I do, keep the place in one piece. Don't make me come back swinging sledge hammers. ;)
Banner by urcoolcarrie
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

BHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
YOu wouldn't believe how excited I am to see you!!! :D < This is actually me..

Oh I am so excited!

And why hasn't anyone else posted? It's been like 2 or 3 days since I last posted here and noone else has..That's really weird.. :?
Talk about a thread dying..

And I love your answer about the sky-diving. And yeah, they would just hire a plane. Actually why not just buy a plane with all their money and I'm sure one of them aquired a licence for a plane at some time so far. If not, why not just get a quicky now?
And Emmett would totally by flying saying that..
I'm just wondering now..I know vampires are agile and stuff but I'm just wondering if a parachute would keep them in teh air? I know it sounds stupid but really. Would their body structures affect that at all?

And I am so disappointed noone else has been on. Ok I know I can't say anything because of all my extended absences..But I will gone for hte entire week next week in Cannes, France and I wanted to talk to people again!!! :(

Well then I am off to sulk a little in the form of TV with the hosties and maybe a game of cards or two..
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

BHG? Is that you?
Man, I've heard so much about you!
;) I'm Derek...though I think we have met before.

Elise! Yay, you're back!

I have answered all of the questions.....

What did Emmett do in his spare time as a human?
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
Pandancer
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Pandancer »

As usual, I've been lurking for a while now because I haven't had much to say. But I just noticed...

HOLY GENE THE COW, BHG is back! :shock: Hoo-rah! -Flails and dances a jig- Hahah. xD
It's great to know you're still here, BHG, and don't worry about time being limited. A lot of us are like that lately. Life just gets in the way, and everyone has experienced it at some point. ^^ Good to know you're updating the list! Thanks a lot. :P

And hii Elise! :3 Man, I'm kind of jealous of all of the places you get to go, haha. I would love to go to France, Austria, etc. Too bad I hate traveling, and I don't have the money for it. :S Ah, well. But yeah, don't worry about the thread dying, every time it happens, something comes up suddenly and all of the members start flocking back last minute. We refuse to let this thread be eaten by crickets! xD

Man, I'm using more exclamation points than usual today. :shock: I think I'm just excited because OH SNAP, Fringe starts back up tonight! -Dances another jig- I.Love.That.Show. So much.

Also, hi Derek, Fat, Shanon, Shannon, Raven, Ted, Hannah, Vilde, Liz and anyone else I might have forgotten! xD
Oh, Liz, you got Generation Kill? That's awesome, I was just watching the last three episodes earlier this week. :) Let me know what you think of it. You'll love Ray-Ray. x3

Back to the Emmett-y-ness, what all did I miss while I was in 'lurker mode'? I only skimmed the posts, so I probably missed a lot of questions. :shock: Hmm, let's see...

Do you think Emmett would go skydiving
Since this has been answered several time, I want to quote some of what BHG and Elise said...

Of course he would go and he would drag everyone one of them he could along. Thanks to this question I now have an image of Emmett falling through the air with his arms outstretched, yelling to Esme "Look ma, I'm flying!"

:lol: Who else thinks this would make a good fanfiction? Emmett is bored one day, and he's tired of sitting around, watching himself sparkle. He doesn't need to hunt, there are no cars to work on, the EDC is quiet, and Rose is away and so he tries to make a list of all of the things he has never done in his vampire life. When skydiving comes up, he thinks 'That's it!' and plans out how he'll drag the rest of the family along with him, before Rose comes back home and gives him heck over the idea. :roll:

I'm just wondering now..I know vampires are agile and stuff but I'm just wondering if a parachute would keep them in teh air? I know it sounds stupid but really. Would their body structures affect that at all?

This is a really good question! I mean, they're described as basically being rocks, as hard and cold as stone, right? But they're also really, really agile. This includes speed and how lightweight they are when they run, jump, etc.
I am a little confused on how a vampire can be like a rock, but also be so agile, but I'm not going to question that too much. After all, it depends on the author's imagination. But when falling out of a plane? It would be a little hard to do, wouldn't it? Unless it was free-falling, I can't see a parachute keeping somebody like Emmett up in the air for too long. I'm sorry for always comparing him to Colossus from X-men. :roll: But I imagine that, like Colossus, he would just come crashing down. He may land on his feet in the end, but I keep picturing him leaving a giant Emmett-shaped hole where he landed. xD
I don't know, this is a confusing question, but like I said, a good one. It could definitely spark a discussion if we keep it up! :D Way to go~
(Psst, quick, somebody call Stephenie Meyer and ask her what she thinks! xD)

Good question. :3 I've said it before, but I always imagined Emmett to be a really hard worker as a human. Have you ever met somebody who, when they're bored, they just do more work? Whether it be around the house, or volunteering somewhere, or whatever. I kind of picture him like that, always offering to help somebody and maybe getting a little bit of money in return, which would help out him and his family.

Aside from that, I can just see him going out for a night on town with his friends or brothers, maybe getting a few drinks and flirting with a few girls. Do you think Emmett smoked? I know that's kind of a random question, but I just thought of it. I mean, it was pretty common to smoke back then, wasn't it? O.o; Unless I'm being loopy right now, and I don't know what I'm talking about. I know Kellan mentioned in an interview that he isn't a big fan of smoking, but now I wonder if Emmett was. xD

I was going to answer the 'Would Emmett choose a new mate' question, but I think Elise pretty much finished that one off. :lol: So I'm going to head out for now. Byee guys, don't let the crickets conquer!

ETA: Oh my gosh, guys. For the first time in a long time, I exceeded the maximum number of smilies allowed. O_O I'm a little proud of myself, haha. xD
Backhoe Trainee in EDC, Inc. : Let's break down some houses! >D
Captain Bri Devonshire in Jasper's
Army -Salutes-
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

You're right, Pandancer. It seems dead, but then everyone comes. :mrgreen: and hi to you too.

Hello, BHG. It's nice to meet you. Do you know you're famous around here? ;) I'm Hannah. I'm fairly new to the lex... I joined about June or July.

I'm happy right now. I hot a free poster from helping out at our book fair at the school... and of coarse I chose New Moon. I just have to figure out where to put it... :mrgreen:

Anyway, question:

I could see him as a hunter. You know, shooting animals and selling at the local market to make money for his family...
maybe that's how/when the bear attacked him. Who knows?

I feel embarrassed not to have such a long post as you guys... :lol:

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

BHG and Elise, I've already talked aboutyou, but you deserve another welcome!
We all miss you around here, I'm sure when some of the OC comes on they'll spread the love!
*teary-eyed*
We miss you!!!!!!

Bri, it's good to see you! How have things been?

Hannah, hey there! I've been seeing you around my site, but it's still good to talk to you here. :D

I agree with what Bri said, Emmett would be one of those people who just works and works and works. My mom is like that, she can't show weakness and just works all day long. I can see Emmett hunting, and starting fires, and fetching wood, and chopping down trees...the possibilities are endless. I've always wanted to see him as a human, and see what he was doing. But there's another question I have, I'm not going to bold it since it kinda goes with this...We all know Emmett was mauled by a bear, and Rosalie found him. But don't you think his family would get to him first, if he was missing?

I mean, I understand Rosalie being able to smell the blood and find him first, and it might have been hard to search for a missing person back then. I wonder what would have happened if Rosalie had found Emmett, along with his family around Em's bleeding body.
Hmm...

So I've been having a lot of fun at school! I'm in the band, and I'm doing stage crew for the play, GO EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES!

Today I have a fundraiser going to raise money for the drama club.

Sorry, I just thought I should share that with you. ;) ;)

Ta ta!

~Derek

((P.S Like my new rank? ;) I finally got it!))

Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

Hello, Derek! I love your rank. ;)

hm, that's an interesting question... it would be a good fanfic. :mrgreen: I think Rose and Em's family would most likely get into a fight over who got to take him. his family would want to get him so he can be treated at a hospital or something. Rose would want to take him so Carlisle could change him.

Wait, i just thought of something. In the first twilight lexicon to Stephanie Meyer personal correspondence (yes, i read those. but only the first one) she says that the vampires always stay in the state they were changed. Like Alice has short hair because she was growing it out from the asylum. So, shouldn't Emmett have woulds all over? or did Carlisle changing him heal that? I'm confused. :|

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
brunetterebel010
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by brunetterebel010 »

BHG!!! OMG, I was just thinking like 5 minutes ago "What the heck has happened to BHG" I'm so glad you got to come by!!!!

Adam's Family (Ted, Raven, Derek, Hannah, Fat, and I def. feel like I'm forgetting someone HELP!)- Hi guys! How are y'all? I've missed y'all since I haven't been on as much!!!

Hanna/Willow- as far as your question. the vamnpire venom heals all wounds, it fixed emmet's bear wounds, it got rid of Edward's flu and made him strong again. Esme jumped off a freakin cliff and smashed herself all up, it fixed those. If you are sick or hurt, it heals you. But things like short hair, etc. that aren't illness/injury, are left alone ( well, idk it might slim you down a little if you are overweight idk...?) so no, Emmett would not be left with wounds, the point of changin him was to get rid of them... does that help?

I don't really see a new question...can my answer to willow's problem count...?
Backhoe Trainee EDC. Inc.
Check out my book! Something Darker http://inkpop.com/projects/71416/something-darker/

Banner by jrsygurl!
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

Hey, look at this. Another quick pop-in in the same week. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back. Derek, yes I do think we met briefly when you first joined. Maybe you sent me a PM asking how to join? Can't remember for sure.

I was going to answer the question about whether or not a parachute could hold the vampires, but I think Bri pretty much said what I was going to say. My thinking was that a parachute may not be much help, not a regular one. They would need those really big massive parachutes used when they drop very large items from a plane. But they're also able to distribute their weight so that they don't leave a crater. We know they jump from great distances without leaving evidence of the impact so I image they could jump from a plane, too. And they may not even bother with a parachute. They wouldn't really need it and they probably wouldn't like the way it slowed them down. We know it's possible to jump from that height without a parachute because of Edward's answer about if the plane was crashing and couldn't be flown - He would jump out with Bella, then rush over to the crash site and pretend to be a survivor. OK, I guess I did answer this question even though I said I wasn't going to. ;)
We all know Emmett was mauled by a bear, and Rosalie found him. But don't you think his family would get to him first, if he was missing?
Good question Derek. Depends on why he was out there. Rose found him in the middle of being mauled. It's very possible that he hadn't been gone long enough for them to be concerned yet. If he had gone out hunting it may have been days before they actually considered him missing. He was 20 at the time and I imagine he went out on his own often. If they expected him to be gone 3-4 days and the mauling happened on day 1, they wouldn't have known anything was wrong until he didn't come back home when expected. Then they would have gone out searching. I don't think anyone was with him when the mauling happened or else they would have been there or close by when Rose found him. Since there's no mention of that I believe he must have been out alone.

OK, I'm gone again. It was great seeing everyone.
Banner by urcoolcarrie