Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by jasmine »

got a textmessage this morning from my sisterinlaw, telling me she had been to the emergency room yesterday evening. She had a lot of pain in her belly and she was afraid something was wrong with her pregnancy.
They did a sonogram(?) and she saw the heart beating for the first time! (her first sonogram was scheduled at the 27th). Everything turned out to be okay with the pregnancy, but they still dont know why she was hurting.

Im really glad she is okay, or at least the pregnancy is, because she has wanted this for 10 yrs and it would have been a real dissapointment if she lost it.
Right after i dreamed abot loosing my teeth, which scared me a little. Everytime i dream that, i loose someone. They either die, or get out of my life. I hope it was just because i was halfasleep when i got the text, and it doesnt mean anything this time.

I planned to do a lot today, but i woke up with my arms all hurting. I think its because i dreamed about someone attacking me and i punched him everywhere i could. Still, it hurts and picking up stuff makes my muscles strain.
So i didnt do much yet today. Did some laundry, ordered a bellyband for my sisterinlaws bday:
http://www.buikbanden.com/images/produc ... 20voet.jpg
Probably do some more laundry in a sec, and hopefully clean some in the livingroom.

ugh, gonna be all alone for dinner tonight, since hubs is going to a guitar hero evening with collegues. Ill probably end of forgetting to eat dinner as always when im home alone *rollseyes*

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

Happy Friday my lex lovelies!

Couple of things:

Honey: I will be telling everyone tomorrow evening and then you can post away on Facebook:)
MRK: We are putting off chemo during the first trimester and then addressing it after. So far they think everything is fine enough for me to go without and then we will plan alternative therapies until baby busts loose:)

No---I will never be a "twi-mom". I mean honestly, how many of you can BELIEVE that I spawn children lmao? And I still won't become a "breeder". This I promise you:)

I cannot believe I forgot BLADE on my vampire list! I'm with Sid----Guillermo is DA MAN when it comes to Blade 2. I was totally let down by Trinity. I'm not a fan of Jessica Biel and totally think Ryan Reynolds had no place in that. I also agree that I Am Legend was a let down if you had read the novel----otherwise it was sorta fine, sorta depressing. I'm also a big fan of all things Kate Beckinsale, so Underworld is on my list, as is she if I ever play for the other team. I have five chicks on my list that if I ever gave up men I'd totally dig, and she's one of those.
1.Kate
2. Scarlett Johannsen
3. Eva Mendes
4. Kate Winslet
5. Angelina

I didn't like the vampire movie with Jon Bon Jovi in it. I love him, hated the movie.

Jas---I'll be thinking of your sister in law. So sorry she's going through all the pain. Glad she got to see the heartbeat.

What does everyone have planned for Mother's Day weekend? Since I don't have a ma, I'm off the hook---but I do have a mother in law, so we are taking her to dinner on Sunday. Tomorrow I'm going with friends to see Star Trek (and to eat at Red Lobster woop woop) and even though I wouldn't know a Vulcan from a non Vulcan i know hotness---and that dude who plays kirk is hotness.

So I was reading about what the new director chosen for Eclipse said about Twilight on Twitter and personally I don't really care. Anyone got any feedback on this? Apparently the dude didn't like the movie, and I can hardly blame him. I disagree that the dude should be dropped from Eclipse simply because he thought the movie sucked. I view it as a challenge---you hate it so much, make it better then! Plus as I've said before, the dude did 30 days of night and he has experience with Vamp battles---which is necessary for Eclipse.

See? I worked in a Twilight thing on the Twilight board lol. My job here is done.
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

mothersady:
first yr im an official stepmom, dont think anyone will notice, haha.
Probably do nothing for my mom, maybe send a card, she has her bday on the 27th so i usually give her a bigger gift when i visit her then.
on sunday we will probably go to my motherinlaw, going to give her a visit to the new da vinci code movie, she loved that one.
And maybe visit sids grandmothers.

@Obie, ive posted about a book, full of vamps, lycanthrops and SMUT, and i didnt get ANY reaction from you.... oh boy...the hormones arent making you all soft and giggly are they?

My cats hid one of my fluffy slippers and still havent found it, cant believe they did that. usually its under the bed, but now cant find it anywhere..i even checked the litterbox. (sometimes a sock ends up there, gross). argh, they probably think its a game, but im not liking it. i miss my wamr flully slippers. :|

obieewok

Post by obieewok »

lol @ jas---

That's because I'm READING the thing right now lol. I picked up the first Anita Blake book yesterday at Half Price books lol.

Man she's hardcore. I haven't hit any super good smut yet, but it looks promising.
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
Nocturnal Lure
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

Momy's day,

Hang around, visit my grandothers and talk about my sister's emergency yesterday evening. Dunno if they recorded the sonogram, I'd like to see it.

Other then that I will be trying to gain the energy to do some spring cleaning and irritate myself and my surroundings with nagging about wanting more computer games.

@ Jasmine I really wanted to do something for mothersday, since you're an evil stepmother now, but unfortunately we don't have Merlijn this weekend and our budget kinda sucks this week. But for what it's worth, you're one hell of a stepmom and I willmake sure Merlijn is going to give you credit for it as well.

@ Obie, Blake's smut gets progressively better and more elaborate with each apisode, or so I've heard.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@obie, it gets better by the book. Every book she gets deeper into the monsters their world and more into the smut that goes with it. for example, when she has to raise a certain power(i wont ruin the story for you), she is only able to raise it when she gets smutty with some lycanthropes. Or even better a werewolf and a vampire.
And well jean claude....i think his middle name is smut, hahaha, oh and the lycanthropes are all about touching, so enough smut there. And for some reason they all wear almost no clothes, or lots of leather and patent leather and high boots. And most men have really long hair and gorgeous eyes. Too bad its just a book..BUT i saw on the site that they are going to make a tvseries out of it. Wont be aired here, but maybe i can have someone dowload it for me. Im seriously curious how they are going to cast a jeanclaude, a richard or a nathaniel. Actually, anyone whos in the book because they are alllll gorgeous.(there are marvelcomics of anita blake aswell, ive seen some pics, but i think they made anita a lill too 'bad' because most ppl underestimate her, and i wouldnt underestimate the anita from the comics.)
I hope you like reading them, i -think- you'll love them, especially after book 5 or 6 orso.

@nocty i dont need credit of merlijn, he cant help it. I need credit from you....how about some vacuming the livingroom? *winks*

Nocturnal Lure
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

@ Jas, though our relationsheep sometimes appears otherwise, you ar not MY mother.

Still, I allready mentioned cleaning earlier in this thread. :?
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Obie just landed herself a new nick (with all the barfing we can't really call her man-eater, and man-barfer just sounds wrong) and that would be copy-cat ;) Just kidding, congrats girl!
I am a breeder, I think... I don't drive a mini-van (which seems to be the big issue...) but I do roll in what soccer-moms used before the mini-van was created, a stationwagon... It's been with me for 6 years, so I don't think I'll give it up just so I won't be a breeder... I have every intention to pop out as many dragon-pups as this planet can host, which according to D is 3, and absolutely not more than 4... (if forth turns out to be twins he could consider an exception, since refunds seems to be difficult...)

Janny- Is she far along? One online acquaintance had the worst pains and was even bleeding, it turned out it was just her placenta attaching itself, drilling itself into the uterus wall... I hope she'll be OK!

Nocty- I don't remember your list, but I'll try to remember the vamp-movies I've liked:
Dracula, dead and loving it - Leslie Nielsen, the sexiest(?) Dracula ever, or sexist is more like it :mrgreen:
Blade - need I say more? Have only seen #3 more than once though
Underworld 1 & 2 - I want them to have fluffy halfbreed babies...
Interview with a vampire - I liked it, but haven't seen it in maybe 10 years
a fifth, a fifth... Oh, yeah, there's a vamp in that movie...
the League of extraordinary gentlemen - Miina is a vamp! I love that movie, I would so kill to get to be on Nautilus!

Sorry I've been gone a bit, yesterday was crazy, i didn't even have time to look at the computer... I was like, home from work, changing clothes, of to the photo-dealer to order enlarged photos for the mothers for mothers day, and to buy some stuff for a certain UK wolf-lover who so has it comin' for her! And to get some groceries. Home, scarf down some food (luckily it only needed heating) and then off to coach the kids group. D accompanied me, since if I didn't wanna step in in case the kids were uneven (which they weren't) and he and the help-coach had a ton of fun, torturing the kids with physical exercises for over half an hour. They kids were great, they didn't perfect anything, but they all tried! And then home again, switch out of the gi, and into acceptable to leave the house jammies and of to aqua-gym... got home at half past 9 and crashed on the couch for an hour, zapping between my Bones-box and whatever was on...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
OktoSink
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by OktoSink »

Dear Lexily.
It has been far too long. I am soooo sorry that I abandoned you all without warning so long ago, I hope no one is angry with me :oops:! My schooling was becoming extremely demanding and I realized that I absolutely had to prioritize some things in my life if I was to do well enough in my classes to keep my grades high enough to get into physical therapy school in a few years. But my semester is over and now I'm just taking a few summer classes that shouldn't be quite so hard, so I thought I would come back around with hopes that you guys will take me back, despite my absence :?.

I'm going to have quite a bit of catching up to do... hehe. Hello to everyone who joined the lexily in the past few months, my name is Cat! And I hope everyone is doing well!!! Fill me in on anything exciting thats been going on!

Its great to be back!!!!!

Now I have to go to a job interview at Blockbuster, I'm really hoping I get this job because it would mean I would get 5 free movie rentals/weeks! And I get new releases two weeks earlier than they are available to the public! How cool is that!?!

I've missed you guys!
therealmrswhitlock

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

So--Nocs--I can't believe I forgot Blade!! I love Wesley Snipes!! And Underworld!! Jeez am I a moron or what???

BTW I actually liked Trinity, but maybe that's just because Ryan Reynolds is cufking hott!

So, seriously, Jas--you should read the Merry Gentry series by Laurel Hamilton--major SMUT. And the men mostly have really long hair and faeries, when in their mounds, barely wear clothes and constantly touch each other. My favorite men in the book are Doyle, who's got pointy ears because he's not full blood Sidhe (pronounced she) and Frost, who used to be Jack Frost. You can tell she did her research on Celtic fey stuff--it's really accurate. Merry's scenes with Frost are just, well, whew! And she gives other fey back their full powers by SMUT! If you like Anita Blake, you'll LOVE these. Trust me.

I'm going to keep my mom from doing anything around the house tomorrow. I don't have the cash to get her a gift, but I think cleaning the house is better.

Byes!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....