Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by obieewok »

Monday is upon us yet again.

Jen---good luck with your catalog phone in orders today. Make sure to tell at least one person to have a "sparkle peen" kind of day or something.

Janny----me and you and Airbender are there. I haven't seen the cartoon that much, but I know Jackson Rathbone so I'm there.

Pharmer---Hubs is all ape crap over Avatar, but after having seen the trailer a gazillion times now, I still am not. It took me a couple of tries to figure out what exactly the plot was, and I admit the avatars themselves look sort of cool, but I find it hard to get super excited. But the dude from the last Terminator is in it, so maybe....plus I know I'll be forced to see it, so I'll try to keep an open mind.

And I guess I just assumed you did tats because you did piercings. Around here, everyone does both. Which is sort of scary if you think about it. It's like when I go to a KFC and they also serve Pizza Hut crap----I mean, I'd rather them be really good at chicken than average on both. One speciality please. But nope---our tat guys here also do all the piercings and stuff. That's why it's sort of hard to find someone you like. Feels like there is some dude out of a van on every corner.

I'm itching to get my nose pierced. I feel like I should have some zen like reason to get a tat or pierced, you know? Like, I always feel lame when people ask me about my tattoo, after having told me some childhood trauma that led them to getting the art on them. Then I get to tell them I was a little tipsy and feeling rebellious, so I got the most common thing on the most common place on your body. Lame. So I feel like I should have some great backstory to wanting to get a nose piercing, but alas---my friend Mel got one on Friday, and it's so freaking cute. It's just a tiny diamond, and I totally want it. She says the inside part of the earring annoys you and makes you feel like you have a boog, but other than that, they put some cream on it and it numbs it and she felt nothing.

Where was that cream when my eyebrow got pierced and I screamed bloody murder?

I could never ever pierce or tat someone----I'd be too afraid not of the needles and stuff, but of telling someone they were making a mistake. I see it all the time----those chicks (who most of the time are friends) go in to get something stupid like Hello Kitty tatted on or a weird piercing I know they will regret. So I am sure I'd find it hard to keep my trap shut and not tell my clients that it wasn't a good choice. More power to ya.

And I'm also with Ninna----I wanted some hardcore biker dude with tats all over and you look like a normal dude who probably eats granola and helps the kids with math homework. While that's cool, we wanted some spank bank material. And you are from Austrailia, so we'd eat you alive over here thanks to our Hugh Jackman/Keith Urban fantasies.

Nothing much else from here. Cowboys lost yesterday so I want to punch Tony Romo. I'm reading STILL the Lovely Bones---that book is freaking HARSH and makes you weep. I'm reading fanfic (duh)----Becs recommends really good ones, so I'm kicking fanfic recs out to her this week because I'm too busy reading her stuff. Plus, like me, she's a great smut finder as well.

Anyone catch episode 2 of Vamp Diaries? He let her borrow a Bronte book. Guess which one........What is it with Vamp love and Wuthering Heights???????????????

Misty---so happy about Hubs job:)

Off to do mine. Wish me luck today---have a baby checkup today and I just know the docs going to cop a feel and expect me to pay him.

Obs:)
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

Oh---I saw Jennifer's Body.

It sucked HARD. I didn't like it at all, and I love horror flicks, especially campy ones like this one was supposed to be.

Save your money and go rent Army of Darkness.
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

@Pharmer - Man, you're totally normal (in a very good, hot and nice way, okay!) :lol: I could have sworn you were one of those hard rock looking dudes!

@Megs - It's a low blow when those things happens. My dad went poof like that. Fells like you were hit by a slap 1000000m/h. You start putting everything in perspective. Life is toooo short, and I sometimes feel like I have wasted so much time, years, and energy hating and censuring myself.

@Misty - YAY for hubs! Thank god everything is alright. :)

@Obs - Wanna bet that Bronte book is a first edition...?

I can't wait for the first ep of TBBT!!!! I miss Sheldon so so so much! When I'm down, I just hit play and he makes me smile again! Has anyone seen the first ep of Fringe?

FB: Okay, after boiling my nerves with FB, I need that pool again, badly!!! :ugeek:

Books:
The Vampire Diaries: They are worth reading. I just finished the second one, it's a series of 5 books. I'll give a break cos my other books are here!!!!!!!!!!!! *happy dance* :D

The Immortal series: Okay, I think I'm addicted to smutty books :oops:. Since I haven't find a decent guy, these will have to do. :lol: Nina, I suggest you the book No rest for the wicked, hot werewolf and now I'm giggling so hard, I can't elaborate more. After I finish No rest for the wicked, I'll dive straight to The Black Dagger Brotherhood.
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
DHSHolly
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DHSHolly »

@megs I won't say too much since you are just starting, but I'm really curious to see what you think when you are done. I'm actually itching to discuss the book with someone, darcy just finished it as well and we both had the same feeling. I'm curious to see what others think. It's very, interesting for sure.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

i was watching Nurse Jackie, and sid said that i have a PFatchuation :lol: :mrgreen:

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Obs- I heard Jennifer’s body sucked! Which is s! ad bc I <3 diablo cody!! Juno was great, it just had something so unique about it that I can’t find the words to describe right now. My dad wants to go see Avitar so I will go see it w/him, plus he said he would pay! So who am I to say no. I too have been wanting my nose pierced for long a$$ time!!! It looks so cute, but don’t want a boogie feeling all day either….hmm what do you think Bex? You have yours done?

Paulinha- Hello sexy gal!!! This is what I shall call you since those pics you posted! I so agree with your words. It puts thing in perspective for me and life is short and I feel I have wasted time too. Just makes me refocus to live life in the moment and not to shoulda/coulda/woulda myself anymore. I will have to check out the books later and put them on my to read list. And wooohooo TBBT!!! Cant wait for it later tonight =)

Hols- Hey sugar, you are sugar bc you are so sweet….hmmm why I am I nicknaming people today,hahaha must be bc went to the doctor and got a shot it is making me loopie… On page 120 now (had to wait at the doctor’s office a while today) So will let you know when I am done and then we can discuss!!! Glad you have read it too.

Janny-I KNOW ME TOO!!!! I loved me some Daddy C, but it was nurse Jackie that put me over the edge. The boob grabbing thing when he gets nervous and the 2 moms, hahaha.

Went to the doctor today for the bad migraines I have been having. And because of the type/frequency/time/etc I have been having them, the doc wants an MRI done of the brain…Yep I can see it now, they will tell me what my problem is…my brain is missing, hahah. But she thinks it isn’t anything serious like that, but just wants to rule things out. I swear I have had one crazy year medically with my shoulder and now this. Glad when they did surgery on my shoulder the screws they implanted were not metal, otherwise you can’t have anymore MRIs for life, bc of the magnets, etc. Anyway, not stressing about it. Life is short and beautiful and carpe diem everyone! HAHA yep sound corny. But I could use a little corny in my life….(name that movie quote)
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Hi people!

I'm being good and have tidied up some of the mess of a living room. Kinda necessary since we're having a surprise party for D on Friday. He didn't want a party, but it's my last day at work and I wanna celebrate. And since he don't know, he can't whine about it :mrgreen: Also, he won't be mad, we're getting him a armchair that he's been coveting. I have ulterior motives, it will be perfect to breastfeed in at night :roll:

I just finished a test batch of chocolate chip cookies. They were OK (better than bought at least) but not perfect since I had to use syrup instead of brown sugar. I was so sure I had it... well well, I have the major part of the dough in the fridge (recipe said it would improve the taste, as long as you didn't eat the batch :lol: ) so I'll bake those tomorrow.

I decided to skip (judo)training tonight since I desperately needed to clean. Well, I guess if I had gone there instead of opening the laptop I would have made it anyway, but then I would get nothing done afterwards, since I'd be so exhausted I'd just roll over in bed and fall asleep.
I got the big stuff moved, just the fine tuning left, but I'm unsure how much I can do and still blame it on "nesting"... That man of mine knows me well enough to get suspicious if I suddenly start cleaning...

Only 3 days left of work! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Happy Humpy-de-Dump day my lovelies.
So we received some terrible news on my supervisor. She did commit suicide and took he own life. Not much more is known. She has worked for the company for about 20 years and had a 10 year old daughter. Her best friend at work is in shock and just cant believe it. Guess you never really know what is there behind closed doors. I spoke with her the day prior for over 30mins on the phone and she “seemed” fine and even made “plans” to look into some things for me. Makes so many questions come to life. I can’t talk about it on my FB page bc we have other co-workers on there etc and don’t want to go into more. But just so so sad. There are no words.

Anyway sorry to be so somber, but just needed to let it out today. So go home and hug a loved one if you can!!

Love you and cherish you all! These things need to be said even more when we realize how fragile life is.

PS HOLS- I FINISHED THE BOOK LAST NIGHT!!! Ekkkk
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Aww Megs! <3 you too!!! *HUGS*

That goes for all of you crazies!

When do you go for your MRI? I know everything will be fine *Hugs again!*

*some luvin to OBs too!*

OK so just wondering for those of you who have read The Host how excited you are that its gonna be a movie?!?! SM put on her site that she has "dream" ppl in mind for each part but she won't say them because ppl take it so seriously...just wondering who you would pick to play the parts!
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Gosh I am so distracted today!! I can’t focus at work or anything my mind is running away I swear it. So I am on here again today, don’t get mad at me for lex hogging, LOL.

Misty-<3 ya sweetie *hugglesback* thanks! MRI is 10/8 in the evening, they book up fast. It is right before my big move the next few days. So at least I will have things to keep me occupied too. Haven’t read the host. Read it and then put it down it took me too long to get into, but I should give it another whirl. Esp in the winter when it is crappy outside and need something to do.