Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

HarriannCullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by HarriannCullen »

MRK, honey have you thought about sending her a pm, explaining the relationship your brother had with her lying cheating husband? Sorry, infidelity really peeves me off! You don't have to tell her every detail, as I can see that causing problems for you family, but straightening her out on the relationship your brother had with the tool, your brother's date of birth etc.
Huggles babe XXX

BellsEdwardAlways Good luck with the painting thing, I enjoy painting, I just hate the prep!

Obieewok how are you honey, I'm not married (living in sin) but a mother to a 3yr nutter. Jorja is completely nuts but I love her to bits!
Thank you threethings for the banners x
Midnight Sun virign, as it isn't perfect yet.
Nocturnal Lure

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

obieewok wrote:I think what happened at the Queensday thing was just disturbing and I do believe in Karma---so that sick person will have to pay if he hasn't already.
He died that same night. Total score 7 dead (ncluding the driver), of which one seems to have been pregnant but there have been conflicting stories about that. Several children have been severely wounded. Lots of people including many small children saw it happening in front of their eyes.

I find it difficult to understand how someone can be pushed emotionally to commit such a horrid act, but there are rumors that he was not alowed to see his children and his stuff was supposedly being reposessed. When you are notified of such legal actions it is always in name of the monarch, in this case our Queen. It is said that this was the reason for his attempt to kill the royal family. Emotionally he might very well have been completely unaware of any other people even being there.

When someone goes over the edge it is tragic to see how they take others with them, but people, this is the world today. Look after eachother. This sort of thing will be happening more and more the comming times, it will not always make the news like this but it will happen more often. The crisis will get a lot more serious due to the new flu it will take a lot of heart to keep eachother safe.

But off course that is just my view on things.

Love, Nocturnal Lure

May the moon light out path
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

Hi hi hi all :)

I'm such a doofus, just managed to wipe everything I wrote *face palm* so what follows will be a convoluted version of what I previously wrote edit: and then my computer went insane and it took an hour to get my wireless back, I think it caught Meg's computer's lurgy...

Harriann welcome!! Sorry didn't say hi sooner. I'm Becca, 27, live in Glasgow tho not a Scot. Pull up a chair, tell us ALL about yourself.

Amber, now I know you're part of the FB lex I shall be over to friend you!

Ally woohoo!! *does a little happy dance with you* go catch up on your sleep :)

Sami, *slurps on the soup* thanks :) wrote you a big old email, but to follow up, I'm getting back into writing chapter 4, just needed to be able to write cocky dialogue (and by that I mean personality-wise, not smut LOL)
hope those job apps lead somewhere, I need you to get into the film biz so I can live my dreams vicariously through you ;) :idea: oooooh, and then we can write scripts together and you can make them!! and then... "gets lost in dreams of our oscar acceptance speech* ;) LOL

Sarah, oooh, I'm excited!! Got paid yesterday, and will be shopping once I'm off the sofa, so I'm excited both to get mine and to send yours!! Glad I'm not the only one who enjoys a trip to Forbidden Planet :geek:
And good for you getting the job application off! *claps* woohoo! hehe

Misty, yeesh, firstly sorry that you had to deal with any of that in the first place, and secondly grrrrr to her for dragging it up again AND for being a *censors self before the lex does*. Do you think it's even worth telling her to correct it like someone else said? or is it better to leave it alone? Have no idea what advice to give so instead just yell away to me or *dons protective pads and hands Misty some boxing gloves* go ahead and let off steam.

And Terri *hands on hips* if you insist on making out with me when you know I'm sick you have to face the consequences. Either that or you jumped on J behind my back and forced your tongue into his mouth... *looks deeply into Terri's eyes* THAT's it isn't it!! Listen you, we had an understanding, look with your eyes not your hands!! ROFL
And your PM was indeed hilarious, you were responsible for my 2 min coughing attack when I read it cuz I was laughing so hard.
Just so everyone knows, cold medication Terri is even funnier than normal. That crazy should be copyrighted so we can make some money ;)

me me me
OK, I have some TV to watch (last week's Grey's Anatomy to catch up!!) and some tissues to use up (both for the cold and for the show). Also, J bought me a box of brownie mix (cuz I pouted so prettily on the phone while he was in the store hehe) and I think that needs to be made STAT. I have been entertaining myself in my snotty condition by changing my FB settings to English (Pirate) which is way more entertaining than it should be, and watching documentaries that everyone else prob thinks are boring but which fill my geek heart with happiness (BBC 4's history of british blues music anyone?? anyone?? bueller?? anyone??)
So yeah, happy saturday (or sunday depending on where in the world you are!)
:mrgreen:
HarriannCullen

Post by HarriannCullen »

Hi there animegaijingirl, how are you?
What you doing up in Scotland?????

My name is Angharad, I am from South Wales, in the UK. I am a 25yo mother of one! (Not repeating that experience EVER AGAIN)
I work for Wal*Mart Asda , as a Checkout Colleague (I love my job, I get to sit down and gob all day, mostly about Twilight! :mrgreen: )

My daughter Jorja (yes, I am a CSI fan :roll: ) and turned 3 on the 27th of this month. Gobby little miss that she is! (I can't think where she gets that from!)

I read Twilight after my best mate, told me that I read it as she knew I would be addicted!

I have one cat, one dog, mortgage, partner of 5 years (how I haven't stabbed him I will never know!) and enjoyed the Twilight Saga as it allowed me to escape it all!

Thank you for reading, hope you are all good.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

ihadanEdwardRush wrote:
oh about the incident in the Netherlands, are you okay Syd and Jasmine? I was shocked too! This morning I got to see it in the morning news while I'm brushing my teeth in front of my television and I suddenly stopped brushing and I was really shocked. And I instantly thought of both of you! and I said "OMG" my sister was like.."Did you know someone there? because as far as I know we don't have any relatives there" and I just said "Shut UP, Syd and Jasmine are from there" and she was like "Who?" and I didn't mind her at all. But seriously guys, I hope you're all doing fine, even though we have like 12-16 hours time difference, I feel for you and for all the victims, it's indeed a devastating news.

awww you're such a sweetheart! *hugs*
we are fine, actually we had a great day, even though all of this happened. kinda felt guilty over it, but theres nothing that you can do, it already happened, you know? Talked about it a lot that day though, and in the veneing in our garden at our garden-fireplace thingy. Its really weird, because on queensday the royal family always walks amon the normal ppl, wll, actually they always do with national stuff, and now...that might never happen again.
In a few day its the 5th of may, our ''liberation day'' , and im not sure what the royal family will do. Normally they will put flowers on the monument at the Dam, (has to do with WW2) but i dont know if it will be ''secure' enough. Then again, this was a man who got crazy, and it should be seen as a stand alone case. Nothing happened before....but..you never know..

thanx all you guys, good to know ppl were thinking about us *hugs*

Im sorry i wasnt here, apparantly we had a new thread, and i was still looking at our old, wondering why ppl stopped posting. Dont blame me, we werent at 100 yet! Argh

@obie, hope you feel better soon *sends over virtual chickensoup*

@wingtear congrats!!!!! im really happy for you.

And since we are talking about that, and Sid hasnt said anything about it yet....
Sid's sister is pregnant 2!!! She has a son of 10 and always wanted another. Her bf wasnt sure, so it took a while, but finally, she is pregnant and we are all very happy for her. We are hoping its a girl, sicne we already have Martijn and Merlijn in the family, a girl would be nice.

about me:
saw my best friend at queensday, really happy about that. havent seen her since our wedding/my birthday, so thats been MONTHS.(almost a yr). We had a great time, under circumstances, and im hoping we will see eachother soon again.
made some stupid pics aswell, check them out at facebook...or not :P

Finally had pics send from photographers of the fair, so i have some more now, which is nice.

@ all the newbies:
im Jasmine, 27, crazy, netherlands, married since 24-7 last yr to nocturnal lure, 3 cats, 1 stepson, creative, humour, clothing, movies, music, weird, natural blond gone black, and lots of other useless info.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

I hope you get a job soon Sami too! It sucks being unemployed. As for jogging why don’t you set yourself a goal. Either a certain distance in a certain time by x date. Or train for a run for a charity (do they do that in America? :? )

Aww Misty. That’s awful. I think you should contact the wife and say that it is unacceptable and disrespectful that even if she feels the “need” to post that information on fb the very least she could do is get the facts straight and have some tact and sympathy for his friends and family. *HUGS*

Obie I’d bring you my manfolk if I had any. Until then – sorry to disappoint! :lol:

There’s a book of Stardust Bells?! I’m very excited – will have to investigate more! Hope you had fun painting.

Becca I would move into Forbidden Planet if I could! :geek: I have to be dragged out kicking and screaming. :ugeek: I worked so hard to have everything ready for you and then I realised there’s no post offices open until Tuesday anyway because of the bank holiday! Doh! :cry: Hope your feeling better?

Harrien I think most of us got into Twilight after someone else ranting about the amazing awesomeness that it is. For me it was my sister. Now I maybe more obsessed than she is!

Yay! Big congrats to your sister Sid. A girl would be nice – help even the balance.

Jasmine I had a really weird day the other day – everything was Dutch! I bought my mum Roseanne on DVD for her birthday and I didn’t read the description properly and they came from the Netherlands. They're in English but the covers are Dutch. Then I also bought her a CD of a band called Focus she said she liked and apparently they’re Dutch. Errm what else was it – oh yeah I was telling my sister how amazing the fantasy fair was, there’s a Circus neat me that’s from the Netherlands then the Queensday thing happened. It was all quite weird!

Saw “Ghosts of Girlfriends Past” today. It’s alright, typical rom-com “idiot guys learns his lesson” kinda thing. What else. That’s about it really. Had quite a boring weekend to be honest!

Dum de dum...... 8-)

I have nothing more to say but I’m still rambling…… :roll:

Oh Thank You so much Misty for me new banner! :D

Okay dokey Lexlings – chat to you soon! Lovelovelove :mrgreen:

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@sarahg how cool! Focus is an amazing band, Opeth, a metalband, did an album inspired by focus. its sooo relaxed (so no earsplitting metal). Its called 'damnation' check it out f you can, your mom might like it.

Nothing much to tell hear. Just read a book in bed, doing some laundry, and looking in my closet for stuff to sell.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
HarriannCullen

Post by HarriannCullen »

Apologies Ladies and Gentlebeans, I am completely
engrossed in Darkward at the moment!
Not good, and definately not healthy!
Sorry for my absence, but need to keep reading!

Huggles XX
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Cool Jasmine, I'll have to recommend it to her.

Jeez its so dead in here. Where is everyone?!? I've got two long train journeys to and from Manchester tommorow and I will be in desperate need of company! Please give me some interesting, thoughtful, through-provoking, funny posts to respond to. Or a game to play?

PLEASE my Lexlings! My sanity depends on you! :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Ooooooo New Thread!!! :D

I have been super MIA lately... and as I said on Facebook, it is totally the Brothers' from BDB faults! And my lexilings who started telling us all about them ;) I love the series and have finally caught up. Seriously, I read them straight through in about a month, finished Rehv's book yesterday and even read the eSpecial Father Mine about Bella, Zsadist, and Nalla!

Now I am going to be MIA because I have finals and I pretty much have to learn the whole semester because I was a HUGE slacker! All of my class grades are based on just the final, so I am potentially in great big trouble... but, my first one isn't until Thursday, so I am cutting myself off from the Lex, Facebook, and my beloved Kindle and cramming my @ss off!!!

I'll miss you guys! Wish me luck... I'll need it! And I promise to be a better Lexiling once I'm through with finals (last one is May 15th)!!!

HUGS!!!

Oh... and hello to the newbies!!! I'm Rachel, 26, Cali. I look forward to getting to know you all!!!
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!