Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

@ Pharmer – Wow, that sleeve will be amazing! I’ve always wanted to get a tattoo but I have commitment issues, at least with things, not with ppl :oops:. My greatest fear is to get tired or bored of the tattoo and have it removed later (which I would never consider as an option). I have tv/movie vertigo too :lol:!!! Hahaha Spider Man, Vertical Limit and several other movies are torture to me, but I still watch them. 8-)

@ Obie – ButtHole??? :o That is... hum... OUCH! I’ll give a chance to IB. You’re right about Steph (Paul Wesley – and I swear I read Weasley, as in Ron.. haha :mrgreen:), he looks even older than David Boreanaz in Buffy where he was supposed to be 18. Ian Somerhalder looks way younger than his brother and he is older… tsc tsc :roll:. That actor, Paul, got a bit stuck on my bad side after Everwood, I simply did not empathize with him, period. I’m curious to see how the story will develop, let’s just hope they keep it “real”. Oh, and their Bella is from Bulgaria, interesting hu? Can you post the link for the Tatward FF? I’m curious!

Aparently TVD are based on a series of books with the same title: http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_ ... 1252690544

A H
UGE HUG to all my Lexilyngs for this sad day.
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

For Paulinha:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5143291/1/

Clipped Wings and Inked Armor---HAWT.

Oh---and I'm already done with what is up of In the Land of Milk and Honey. Can I say how awesome this one was? Because it was. Wayward, Darkward and PsychoMineWard----so so good. It takes a chapter or two for you to figure out what the heck is going on, but I PROMISE----You won't want to stop reading this. Very VERY good.

Someone asked how I pick FF to read----most of it is rec'd out by other writers I like, and a ton of it is stuff that is overlooked---people tend to read things with a ton of reviews, and I find a lot of the time the best stuff is the hidden gems no one knows about.

Everyone have an awesome Possum weekend!

Obs
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
cascsiany

Post by cascsiany »

How is everyone? I'm am incredibly frustrated because of our decal system has gone into effect and I've been getting a million calls a day about it. It's been really crazy around here handing out decals and enforcing the tickets and running the radios.

Vampire Diaries... Hated it, the show reminded me a bit too much of twilight and seemed completely unoriginal. Now I haven't read the books so I don't know what they are like but I'm not sure that I'd enjoy the series.

Oh I'm currently reading Clipped Wings and Inked Armor. As story that I absolutely loved that just finished is Falling For You by GreenEyedGirl17.

What makes me squeamish?
Don't really have much that makes me squeamish. Vomit kind of does.

You have to fight one Cullen family member in order to maintain your life status. Who do you choose and why?
Carlisle, he seems to be the most humane and least likely to kill another person.

You have to make out with one Cullen chick for seven minutes in Heaven (dudes---tell me you've played that game!) If you are a chick, which chick and if you are a dude, which dude?
Ok, so as much as I don't want to admit anything of the sort I would have to say Esme. Rosalie is just too stuck up, Alice is a little too energetic and fashion crazed. Esme is about the only one I would chose.

Ok new question, who are you most like regardless of gender?
I'd have to say I'm more like Bella, I trip over my own feet. I'm an avid reader although I don't care for the same classics as Bella.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

First out: HI!!!! *waves to everyone*

Pharmer, that koi is wicked! I love the shading on it, absolutely gorgeous! It wouldn't fit my body or other motives, but man I want shading like that... Gotta see if any shading can be done when I do pup's snowflake in a year or so...

Obie's questions:
Bella faints at the sight of blood. What is ONE thing that invokes that reaction from you or makes you squeamish?

Dog-vomit and dog-poo... :roll: and we had dogs my whole life...

You are the bad guy. You have to fight one Cullen family member in order to maintain your life status. Who do you choose and why? Keep in mind that you've pissed them off somehow, so none of them, Eddie included, feel nice towards you.

Edward. He relies too much on his ability to read minds, whereas I don't think when I fight, I go by instinct. aka, he wouldn't get any warnings. Plus, I just don't like the guy :roll:

You have to make out with one Cullen chick for seven minutes in Heaven. If you are a chick, which chick and if you are a dude, which dude?

Rosalie. Considering the way she and Emmett goes about it, she's bound to be experienced... And let's not foget who thaught Bella all she needed to know about fellatio... :lol: :roll:

One of the wolf pack has phased and you are holding their clothes. When they phase back, one article will be missing (thanks to you). What member of the pack and what article will it be?

DUH! The shorts! Only because Bella repeatedly say how Jacob (my choice by the way :roll: ) wears ONLY cut-offs... Wonder how she knows *lifting eyebrows while smirking* and also wonder what Eddie thinks of her knowing that *smirk*

Ninna's TWI-questions: (Obie said to write our own...)
If you could break up one canon couple, which would it be and why?

I will have to go with Bella and Edward, because I don't think there's a healthy balance in their relationship. In BD things get more equaled out, but still... That level of dependency (her) and controlling (him) isn't healthy for anyone in the long run

You get to appear ONCE in the TW-saga, where would it be? (book and part please) Why?

In BD, when Jacob goes to hunt for a girl to imprint on. That's the best chance I'll ever get :roll:
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
therealmrswhitlock

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Ninna!!! *pounces* So I'm bored and a little hyper, so I'm going to answer YOUR questions this time.

Hmmmm......Jasper and Alice, because that's the only way I'll ever have my sexy southern soldier boy. Sorry Alice....

You get to appear ONCE in the TW-saga, where would it be? (book and part please) Why?

Let's see.....Eclipse, when Jasper tells his backstory. That's my favorite part of the whole series.

Now I am going to try to sleep. Have a fun weekend!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

You are the bad guy. You have to fight one Cullen family member in order to maintain your life status. Who do you choose and why? Keep in mind that you've pissed them off somehow, so none of them, Eddie included, feel nice towards you.

Esme, cause I'd just cry...she would come to comfort me then off with her head!

You have to make out with one Cullen chick for seven minutes in Heaven (dudes---tell me you've played that game!) If you are a chick, which chick and if you are a dude, which dude?

Alice duh! Shes the nicest!

Bonus for the dog lovers:

One of the wolf pack has phased and you are holding their clothes. When they phase back, one article will be missing (thanks to you). What member of the pack and what article will it be?

their little strap to tie their clothes to their ankles...cause then they'd have to leave them MuAHAHA!

Oh...and Meg:

GO BLUE!
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

Hi guys. I guess I'll have to make a post if Paula is back too. :P Just a quickie one.. So, I saw The Vampire Diaries today and it was okay. I was a bit annoyed by it's unoriginality. Very much stuff familliar from Twilight or Buffy... But i guess it was watchable. The girl playing Elena looks like i'd imagine younger version of Stephenie and since I always thought she based her Bella-character on herself, I'd say I agree with you... was it Obie that said that Vampire diaries has a better Bella? All though, as a fan of Kristen I do want to bite your head off. lol. Kristen is beautiful and talented. She makes a perfect Bella, too.

Obie's questions:
Bella faints at the sight of blood. What is ONE thing that invokes that reaction from you or makes you squeamish?

hah, 90% of the stuff I eat. because almost everything makes Polly-fumes come up..I'm also very much SICK OF POOP. I've washed it away too many times... :roll:

Rosalie and/or Emmett. hehee.

You have to make out with one Cullen chick for seven minutes in Heaven. If you are a chick, which chick and if you are a dude, which dude?

All very kissable girls. 8-) Group fuuuuuun! :lol: Well, if I have to chooce, Alice. :D

I love to watch a shirtless hunk, so that. Or if they're not wearing that anyways, I guess there's only the pants left. And I'd chooce Paul. :D Or Jacob.

Ninna's TWI-questions:

Bella and Edward because it really ain't healthy. I agree with Ninna bou tthis 100%.

Oh I'd be Jacob's sister when Paul imprints on her. :D
cascsiany

Post by cascsiany »

Anyone have anything interesting their doing this weekend? I'm working all weekend. I've got less than half an hour left in my 16 hour shift. Tomorrow I'm just working an 8. Things won't be too bad since it's Sunday. Other than that I'm gonna relax with little bit of time I'm not working.

Hmm I definitely agree that at times Edward and Bella's relationship is unhealthy, so I'd probably break up them.

I'd probably show up when Charlie is over at the Cullens and Emmett is making all those cracks about "national debt" and "scoring" Mainly because Emmett is frickin' hilarious.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Hello Lexilings!

Thought it would be a good time to catch up :D

I had my last saturday 9-5 class today... yay! I get my weekends back!!!

Also, way back when I first started to post here I mentioned that I was training to run the Disney half marathon. Well, it was this past weekend... and I didn't not participate :cry: Too much ended up happening between January when I first set to goal and now, what with going to France, marital issues and what not. But, I am back to training and am going to start small and try a 5K once I'm back in the groove.

Also, I watch The Vampire Diaries and thought it was alright. I'm going to give it a few more episodes to really reel me in before I give up. It has potential. I don't think its fair to write it off as a Twilight rip-off or unoriginal. The first book of the series was published 7 years before Twilight was... but its tough for it coming after the movie I suppose...

I love the questions, so here are my answers:

Obie's questions:

Vomit, absolutely, if I see it, smell it, or hear it I will have to hold back my own. And lots of gore on TV or movies does it too, if it is really realistic.

I don't like being a bad guy! :shock: But I think I would pick Esme because she seems like kind of a whimp to me :D

Hmmm... I like Nina's point. Rosalie could teach me something new. Plus she's hot... if I am going to make out with a chick I want her to be gorgeous.

I don't know. Jacob really doesn't do it for me, but Taylor has worked pretty hard on building up his muscles, I enjoy seeing the results, so I'd take his shirt ;)

Ninna's TWI-questions: (Obie said to write our own...)

Do Jacob and Renesme count, 'cause ICK! :lol: I guess maybe Emmet and Rosalie because I think he could find someone who is less selfish I think.

If we appear as ourselves as we really are, I would want to be invited to the wedding. If I could appear as a vamp, I would want to be standing with the Cullens at the end of BD.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

who are you most like regardless of gender?
Bella, it was really weird to read a book told by someone who thinks a lot like me. I always want to take care of everyone and tend to forget myself. I love reading, am a sucker for romance and love stories and my dads a cop :P

james and victoria, we might get a whole new saga :P

probably at the wedding. because weddings are awesome, and i would get to see almost everyone i like in the saga.
or maybe in BD before the volturi come, to meet everyone there and to try and help.

@oobs, the girls i know who have pierced around there all did it because they didnt feel a lot down there and it did change their sexlife.

@pharmer nice sleeve, i especially like the lowest part. Great detail and very nice lines.

so, i went to the doc on friday and ugh, i dont get them at all. now my bloodpressure went to the roof, d0h, i dont like being at the doc it makes me nervous. but he just laughed it off and said my bloodpressure wasnt to high and i shouldnt worry about it.
say WHAT? So, they made me panic for over a yr about my bloodpressure, making me buy an expensive bloodpressuremeter, visit the doc, test my blood, because my bloodpressure ISNT to high? i mean, what the ffing crap?? last yr they even asked me if i wanted the medication and now all of a sudden its just okay?
UGH. im not sure what to do with this, so ill just keep myself updated, because it IS in my genes and i DO need to be carefull about it (what????).
anyway, im still sick, and in a very weird way. sid has been home for 2 weeks with stomachflu. he went to work after one week but got send home again rightaway. ive been home for a week now and im not sure what it is. not stomachflu, because well, it hurts once in a while but not enough. now, mostly, my head is just...fuzzy. i get the sweats now and then to shiver in the next minute. though sid things i dont have a fever (anymore). and i get really emotional about stuff, oh joyy.
i still have a headache,(which was why i went to the doc, because i onkly had a headache for so long and then it was wayyy high), and i cant seem to do anything.
its almost like im not really sick, unless i want to move. i tried to do some laundry and i started sweating like crazxy and i started to get ..i dunnoo.not dizzy, but something like it.
So im staying at home tomorrow aswell, just to make sure. dont wasnt to make everyone at work and in the train sick aswell.

But it also means im at home..and sid is at his parents all weekend, and im having sooooooooo much fun watching tv. ugh. its just re-rungs over and over.
why do you guys get all the kewl stuf?? we dont have vampire diaries, and true blood has just started(i already saw season one) i did see nurse jackie and i think i liked it a lot. im not sure though with my head this way.
and im bummed, because reading is the one thing that lightens the headache, and i dont have much to read. anita blake is in a bookstore in amsterdam, and dresden is at a friends house (whos sick aswell).

kay, my head is empty again, probably time to sleep some more..or something

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/