Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by obieewok »

Sarah---what's Being Human? I don't think I've heard of it, but then again we have BBC America and not sure if it shows there. Lemme know.

Jas---Why the freak didn't Sid get you something for your first official step mother mother's day? Sid---you are soooo freaking busted. She's going to withhold on you now and I won't be around to help you out on that. *putting on angry mom face* Sidney Herbert Twilightboard (I had to make it up I don't know what his name is!) you better go out right now and get her that pranksta dress! You know it's more for you anyways! don't you roll your eyes at me mister!

I totally forgot to mention the freaking most awesome-est thing happened to me on Friday. I got home and there were FLOWERS for me. I picked up the ProFlowers box and immediately speed dialed Hubs.

Me: "You totally didn't have to!"
Hubs: "I didn't."
Me: "What are you talking about?"
Hubs: "Er, what are you talking about?"
Me: "Um, the flowers I got. You sent them, right?"
Hubs: "If there is no card, yes. If not, then no."
Me" "Lemme see. Wait, no, Becca sent them."
Hubs: "Becca? As in Switzerland Becca?"
Me: "I don't think she's in Switzerland...but somewhere around there." (geography is not my forte.)
Hubs: "She hot?"
Me: "Yep. You'd dig her. She has librarian glasses too. And she likes smut."
Hubs: "Cool. Then that's cool."
Me: "So if I had a friend that was a dog it wouldn't be cool to get flowers?"
Hubs: "You know what I mean. I just wanted a visual. Plus, it's like getting flowers from a dude. The hotter the better."
Me: "You are so wise. *sarcastic voice* How I ever lived without you is beyond me."

So yeah hot librarian glasses Becs sent me flowers for no reason other than the fact that I'm that freaking cool. Made my whole existence:)

Just for that I will stop telling people that her boyfriend James knocked me up:)
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
pharmer4

Post by pharmer4 »

There was a werewolf movie that I didn't get a chance to see a few years ago that I really want to see, i believe it is about a small group of russian soldiers in a forest being stalked by one. Sort of like Predator, but with russians and a wolf.

Also, there is an anime movie of a vampire in a korean army base which I believe is also supposed to be good, but I've not seen it.

Sarah, about the age thing - as I mentioned, I am about to be 30, but people don't realise i am quite so old. In fact, a new lady who is working in my pharmacy doing the cosmetics thoughts I must have been a student pharmacist, bot the boss, because she thought I was as old as her daughter, who is a year younger than yourself. If I could have given her a raise, i would have! :D

It is interesting though when people underestimate me though, sometimes it's cool, sometimes annoying. One cool one recently was when my wife's step-father comes around to visit, I always show him the stuff I've been working on around the house (which I have not done previously, as I don't like working on a hosue I don't own). He's actually been quite impressed with my handiness, and just assumed I didn't know how to do stuff. The best one of all, though, was when I showed him some concrete I carried from the front yard to the side yard so it could be loaded into a garbage trailer. Why so good? because he couldn't lift it at all.

Alrighty then, got to get back to some work. it's just past midnight, and my acting like a handiman has hampered my acting like a music journalist.
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
Nocturnal Lure
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

@ Obie First of all, you're sweet for standing by Jasmine. My name is Sidney Tuttel van Dorst, the van Dorst part I got for marying Jasmine. I would have wanted to buy something for mothersday, allthough it's not the first as far as I'm concerned, she has been an excellent stepmom for 6 years now, just not offically. It's just that:

a) We didn't have any spending money
b) Jasmine manages our finances
c) She can "off course" have the dress as far as I'm concerned, but I am not the one managing our money.

@ Pharmer Nearing 30 eh? Welcome to our side of the line brother, we have been waiting for you. ;)
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@obie, hahaha he doesnt have a middle name, so its not even fun to get angry at him. But as he has mentioned himself, we dont have that much money right now, so he didnt have to buy me anything. (vacuuming the living room would have been nice, since he promised to do it 2 times a week if we would only take our 3rd cat....ofcourse, im still waiting for the first time. (loki is 2 yrs old now) Then again, im not the cleaningperson myself, so i shouldnt really rant about it...then again..he did promiss.... :roll: )

About the lippy dress, its awesome, its on sale, but i dont have much occasions to wear stuff like that anymore. Which makes it hard for myself to find a good reason to buy it. Maybe if some of my other stuff sells, ill buy it. But itll probably stay in the store..as always.
Ill be so happy when we get out taxes back, im sooooooo going to spend that on some red leather pants, leather pants for hubs and STILL have money to buy other nice stuff. Cant wait. Especiall since we arent going on vacation this yr...again..*sighs*, i need something to do.
maybe ill buy myself a nice big dishwasher, that would be sooooo awesome. we both hate doing the dishes, so we always end up with piles of dishes and we breed diff colours of fungus. *sighs* Not on purpose, and i really dont mean to forget cleaning, but we end of breeding them every time. we really need a dishwasher. Donations can be made...haha j/k

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

*Ninna compares her fungus collection with Jasmine's... interesting...*

I got a preggo-chime for mothers day, and that was what I wanted. There was some problems with it at first, but I had it all out in the blogg so it's all OK now. Then I got a box of chocolates from D's dad (do anyone think granddad is excited for the baby?)

I am soo looking forward to seeing Star Trek! I'm no trekkie, but I do love the series. I never had the right channels, so the only one I really was able to follow was Voyager with Janeway, but I absolutely LOVE the original series (D's gotten me the first two boxes for my birthday and x-mas) but unfortunately the third one isn't sold anymore... I'll find it somehow. I have a major craving for ALL the boxes... of ALL the series... (maybe I'm a bit trekkie after all... :oops: )

We celebrate Mother's Day second Sunday in May, and Father's Day the second Sunday of September (I think)
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
therealmrswhitlock

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Wingtear wrote: I am soo looking forward to seeing Star Trek! I'm no trekkie, but I do love the series. I never had the right channels, so the only one I really was able to follow was Voyager with Janeway, but I absolutely LOVE the original series (D's gotten me the first two boxes for my birthday and x-mas) but unfortunately the third one isn't sold anymore... I'll find it somehow. I have a major craving for ALL the boxes... of ALL the series... (maybe I'm a bit trekkie after all... :oops: )
Voyager?? Sucktastic. I'm a Trekky in denial, as my friends tell me, and I will gladly say that that was the second-worst reincarnation. With the #1 worst being DS9. That's Deep Space 9 for non-Trekkies. Aka the series about the space station which went nowhere and the crew who did NOTHING. I'm all for Next Gen. That and the orginal both rocked. It sucks that you couldn't revel in the awesomeness that is Capt. Jean-Luc Picard. Okay, rant over.

I don't have much else to say except we celebrate Mother's Day the second Sunday in May, and Father's day is in June, I think it's also the second Sunday or something. Okay, that's all for now.

That and I feel like the only single person on this thread. Booo.
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

lol..you aren't the only person here! I'm always around, lurking (as I see Becs is too).

I just got in from lunch. Booooo. Couldn't find the fourth sookie book at half price so I'll have to go to the little bookstore near home. I did however purchase a yummo bag of chips lol and had interesting convo with store boy named Devin. Devin believes that all vampire books are from the devil lol. Apparently they've been teaching this in his youth group. Ugh. Anyways, we spent fifteen minutes of his break going over why apparently Harry Potter and Stephanie Meyers are going to hell. This as he was about to start Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code. Um, does he even know what that's about? Shouldn't the youth group be jumping all over THAT one instead of Twilight?

I like meeting new people. Even close minded ones who know NOTHING about books apparently. (I'm pretty sure he thinks the Da Vinci code book has to do with rare art pieces. He's going to be TWISTED:)

Almost bought Harry Potter books. Just can't bring myself to do it though. What if they suck? What if they are great and then I get addicted to that???? I guess there is time still to read it before the movie comes out. Shanna says I'm going to hate Malfoy in the movie in June or July, but I don't see how that is possible because I LOVE freaking Slitheren men lol. she also says someone big dies. Better not be a hot dude I tell you!

:)
Obie
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

DHSHolly
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DHSHolly »

okay. I am going to vehemently disagree with you on this. Deepspace 9 is by far and away my favorite trek series. Awesome character stories and an awesome arc that spanned 3 seasons. It was the best trek and created so many memorable and human characters with flaws and drama. It was really really good.

I'm not the only one who feels this way although I know lots of people like you who didn't like it. Sure it didn't have a lot of action, but you don't need a lot of action to tell a good story. Just my opinion of course. and I actually liked voyager pretty well too. Although I grew up with next gen, and riker is hot. That's my shallow note for the day.
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

Riker! Couldn't think of number one's name....I should have known if anyone would no hot star trek dudes it'd be Halls.

I'm a non trekky, but I have to agree with Halls----I liked deep space nine. Plus it's on all the time so that's the one I see most often besides the one with Riker. I like the Worf guy lol. And it has Colm Meaney in it as the Obrien guy---that dude was in The Commitments, one of the best movies EVER.

Star Trek Generation or whatever its called rocked. Data! Jordy! Number one! Hotness that is old bald Patrick Stewart! Oh, come on---like any chick out there (or dude) would NOT want Picquard to talk dirty to them. Don't lie.

You know what? I don't like the original Star Trek that much. Gasp! What you say? Yes---I don't care for the original. You know me, if it's in technicolor or made before 1980 I don't really want to watch it. Plus, I only like Will Shatner in the Priceline commercials lol. The original really held no interest to me until I saw the hotness that they released over the weekend.

Finally figured out where I knew the dude who played Mccoy from---he was in Lord of the Rings. didn't recognize him without the hair!

Yummo.

animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

*Becca runs into the lexily and throws herself onto her lexlings, engaging in a little public inappropriateness ;)*

Becca's sorry guys, she's just excited to be here. Femmeputer (Becca's laptop) is having personality quirks (aka thinking there's no wireless hardware at random moments). Becca gets her to work by looking up new laptops on her, but she's been taking out her old-age grumpiness on Becca all week. Becca will be installing something later this evening to eke out femmeputer's existence for as long as possible.

(Becca has also decided she's talking in the third person today, blame Sarah.)

OK, Becca will just jump in and randomly talk about what she remembers (which won't be much she's sure).

Pharmer, Becca loved your innuendo filled post which got eaten by the ether... all that laying things got to you eh ;)

Sarah, Becca thinks you could have asked more questions, but she's not sure how. Laptop question has been answered above, and cold has been ousted, all but the final sniffles. And my major work project got put to bed (except for the last couple things) late Friday afternoon, so halle-frikkin-lujah!! Becca is free!! Becca spent the entire weekend sleeping (really, she was awake maybe 8 hours each day lol). Tomorrow Becca's going SHOPPING to get Sarah some amazing goodies. BTW, Eve is a godsend, she's holding up Becca's calander on her fridge as we speak :D
Becca will go look at where to find Pirate setting and PM you later :)

Terri, Scotland, Switzerland, they both start with S right? Maybe your hubbs was thinking of Becca's Swiss cousins, but then that might scare her that he knew that lol

Tabs, hey sweetie!!! *Waves, jumps up and down, gives a hug* Don't worry, everyone has been disappearing lately (myself included, Becca has been playing turtle lately but is slowly coming out of her shell). Glad to know you're still there, hope things are working out.

Movies and TV talk:

Becca LOVES Shaun of the Dead, it is her favourite Rom-Zom-Com. She has watched it too many times to count. She thinks she may be on a quarterly viewing schedule at this point (as in, every 4 months). THOUGH, her last viewing was at halloween last year, because Hot Fuzz come into the watching rotation. Becca no longer needs to watch Shaun to laugh at it, and she's probably annoying to watch it with, cuz she laughs before all the jokes.
Basically any Simon Pegg + Edgar Wright production = LOVE. Spaced is an all time top show.

Sarah and Kes YES YES YES to Bill Bailey.*sings* "I texted you on a Monday But you did not get my text till the Tuesday Because of a network problem. I texted you on a Wednesday But did not know you had called Because your sim card was not corectly installed. (no no no)"
Him as Manny is wonderful in Black Books, first episode when he ingests the little book of calm always makes me laugh too hard. "Run a bath with some lavander oil."

Blade movies: Becca was not impressed with Blade 3. Why bother bringing him into it for all of (what felt like) 3 minutes? He's the title character!! Rename it as a spin off instead! Becca found the end fight to be yawn inducing and felt greatly let down. Becca like Blade 1 and 2 though. :)

Werewolves: Ginger Snaps is awesome. Becca loved how they played with the concept of womanhood and lycanthropy (hehe, Becca doesn't care if that word exists that way or not, she wants to use it!) The series ran out of steam a little, but it was still good.

Has anyone else seen Dog Soldiers? Where the British Army is doing training exercises in the Scottish Highlands, but there are werewolves? It's a great movie, and really funny with a good enough amount of gore and suspense.

There was also a small scottish werewolf movie that came out a couple years ago, low budget, Becca saw it cuz she lives here, but doesn't know how big a release it got. Bunch of teens go on a church camping trip, the teen mum ends up finding an abandoned "baby" and breast feeds it. It of course bites her as she feeds it, and much werewolfery ensues. Becca can't remember the name and can't find it when she googles (well, she might be able to, but she's given up as it's not on the first 6 pages of results). It wasn't the best, but it was interestingly done, they did really well for having no budget. Better creature effects than the Twilight sparkly vamps!!
EDIT: J is awesome!!! Wild Country is the name of it! His patience with google outweighs Becca's.

OK, Becca has officially forgotten what she was going to say next... she apologizes for her randomness, but that is how her brain has been today. (Becca spent at least 3 min there just holding her fingers above the keys and staring into space, she thinks she needs to get offline now.)

I shall leave you with another fine Bill Baily-ism "A feminist jumps out of a manhole - oh, and she didn't like that." :mrgreen: :ugeek:

EDIT: yes Terri, Becca was here :) Typing for once instead of just lurking. Becca can be a giver too... but only sometimes ;)