Twilight Fanfiction discussion thread 2

DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Re: Twilight Fanfiction discussion thread

Post by DarkMuse »

*stands up* Hi. I'm Kristina and I am a WA addict. *tries sitting but completely falls off the wagon...I mean chair*

midnight_sun - Just curious...how are you doing the upside down Vulgar Language is Ugly? And I don't mean that in the gutter brain sense. :lol:

Everyone else has already mentioned my favorite parts, so I list another one I really liked. Don't read if you haven't finished reading yet.

The return. When Edward sits down and talks with Carlisle. Carlisle automatically assumes certain things and then Darkward turns into Begward. He realizes right then how truly Vulgar Language is Ugly he had been to Carlisle without even knowing it. That part made me cry.

Everyone already listed my favorite lines, so I'm not sure what to say. So I'll just add this.

“The mixer won the battle, but trust me,” I quirked an eyebrow defensively, “I won the war.”

Just the thought of Darkward with cake batter splattered all over him....*explodes*

Speaking of cake, I was sent a recipe for 5 minute cake. I will post it because I couldn't stop giggling thinking that it seems like some Vulgar Language is Ugly Darkward would do and fail miserably at. Lol.

I'm only copying and pasting. If this doesn't work, blame the one who came up with it....whoever that may be. Haha.

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

FINISHED PART 2 CHAPTER 49
I need 50! and epilogue

What a freakin roller coaster this story has been. D:

only 1 chapter left? How is she gunna like, sum up a lot of crap.

..I feel like ive lost a baby. ONLY 1 CHAPTER TO GO?

^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

DarkMuse wrote:midnight_sun - Just curious...how are you doing the upside down Vulgar Language is Ugly? And I don't mean that in the gutter brain sense. :lol:

Kristiner~ Yes you fracking well did any you know it!!!! :lol:

DarkMuse wrote:Just the thought of Darkward with cake batter splattered all over him....*explodes*

In Rings' absence, I will take care of this... * puts out the fire with some water from the rock pool, picks up all the pieces and deposits them in a special corner to be reassembled by large, gentle hands*

Jadey~ Yeah, I know. I think EVERYONE is wondering that question. It is seriously worrisome. I am downright obsessing over it and thanking the gods that she at least has the epi as well to tie together some lose ends. Kind of leaves her a bit of an out, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I actually would be REALLY cufking interested to know everyone elses theories on how our goddess is going to wrap this one up with a neat little cufking bow. What do you think, kids? Happily ever after? Too much angst to process? What's going to be the end of our addiction?
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

akire wrote:Julie, I love you. I missed the Vulgar Language is Ugly out of you. (ANOTHER GOOD DARKWARD LINE). You complete me. Will you marry me? We can move to Vermont. I will leave my husband at home. We can watch Saved by the Bell & look at RobCrack and listen to NKOTB. I will bake cookies and you can make Darkward siggys. We will live happily ever after.
So...we're going public now? I feel like you just found me writhing on the gym floor, and realized that everyone would know what we were, but didn't care because saving me from the monster meant more than any of that Vulgar Language is Ugly. *looks up at you through lashes with a crooked smile*

Image Image
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

Hi! I'm Karl also a WA fanatic.
Love the R-18 scenes, so steamy :lol: :mrgreen:
I'm still on 19 though, I have to catch up. :D
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
teamedward12
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by teamedward12 »

I've been a lurker on the Rp as EC thread for a while (love the conversations on there-makes my day really) Anyhoo all the talk about WA mad me have to finally stop lurking and join in. I read WA yesterday at work, then tried not to read while I was supposed to be watching my daughters softball game (that was hard- is it bad that I read until she was actually out there?) from my blackberry until it ran out of memory (too many Rob pictures- ugh need to get a new mem card) I stayed up till 2 this morning but I read it all. You all were not kidding! It's so good! My husband kept asking me to bed but I couldn't stop reading. I'm so ready for the next chapter.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Guess I should pop in and introduce myself and confess as well :) I'm Trine, and I'm a WA addict... I really shouldn't be on the Lex at all right now. I need to keep reading. I'm scared to read this topic since you guys are way ahead of me. Must keep reading.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Jazz Girl wrote:
DarkMuse wrote:midnight_sun - Just curious...how are you doing the upside down Vulgar Language is Ugly? And I don't mean that in the gutter brain sense. :lol:

Kristiner~ Yes you fracking well did any you know it!!!! :lol:

DarkMuse wrote:Just the thought of Darkward with cake batter splattered all over him....*explodes*

In Rings' absence, I will take care of this... * puts out the fire with some water from the rock pool, picks up all the pieces and deposits them in a special corner to be reassembled by large, gentle hands*

Jadey~ Yeah, I know. I think EVERYONE is wondering that question. It is seriously worrisome. I am downright obsessing over it and thanking the gods that she at least has the epi as well to tie together some lose ends. Kind of leaves her a bit of an out, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I actually would be REALLY cufking interested to know everyone elses theories on how our goddess is going to wrap this one up with a neat little cufking bow. What do you think, kids? Happily ever after? Too much angst to process? What's going to be the end of our addiction?
Actually I read an interview with her on CullenBoysAnonymous and she said that there are still issues that Edward & Bella have and need to confront. Not everything will be wrapped up in a pretty picture, but I do believe she will keep these two together because when she was asked about her dislike for Breaking Dawn and its ending, she explained that she would have preferred more darkness, pain and angst. Just then the interviewer asked her "But you would keep Edward and Bella together, right?
AG said "Oh Yes, ALWAYS!!!!!"
The above interview is paraphrased.
I personally feel we have nothing to worry about, but she is not called angstgoddess for nothing. She loves Edward & Bella - that's how I see it. I feel they will be together, but will have the nail-biting angst before they get there. Just my opinion.

Oh, Caryn, I think you were talking in an earlier post about your least favorite scene and I,too, hated that Bella turned away from Edward, but a small part of me understands why. I am glad she was willing to listen to Esme and then she met with Edward at the gazebo, talked, went back to his old room and I loved how she told him that she did not hate him but thought to herself "I love you, you melodramatic a**hole" :lol: She never, ever stopped loving him - just was hurt so deeply.

I love the next day with that wonderful breakfast and Edward talked all day long and Bella just listened, never leaving the room
they continued to get physically closer to each other - touching. You once said in the Bella Cullen thread, I believe, that relationships have growth(something like that) I could not agree more - perfect statement! I see Edward/Bella in WA as growth in progress, the foundation of love made stronger, both realizing how much they hurt the other and the deep shame and regret their actions towards each brought them. I love how she was finally able to discuss her therapy and he actually was happy for her and her progress - as a good, sound man would be for the woman he loves and vise versa.

Can you tell I'm starving here? *laughs* Yeah, I'm pathetic, but I love these characters so and this fan-fic in particular.

As Bella tell Edward "Like I told you before Edward, nothing can make me love you any less". *sigh*

Anyway, I just went down another bunny trail in posting.
Thanks for listening.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
mandyb7
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by mandyb7 »

DarkMuse wrote:
Speaking of cake, I was sent a recipe for 5 minute cake. I will post it because I couldn't stop giggling thinking that it seems like some Vulgar Language is Ugly Darkward would do and fail miserably at. Lol.

I'm only copying and pasting. If this doesn't work, blame the one who came up with it....whoever that may be. Haha.

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA awesome! I will definitely try that, thanks!
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict
GenevieveCullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by GenevieveCullen »

Anyways, I said I'd do this for a while but not sure if I still need to plug The Submissive since a lot more people seem to be jumping on the band waggon. But honestly, it's one of the best portrayals of Edward's devotion and longing for Bella in one of the most unusual circumstances. I have never been interested in D&S, S&M, or whatever other names they call it. I know very little about that lifestyle but you don't need to know a lot about it to understand. The parallels between the D&S lifestyle to that of the vampire lifestyle is very similar. He's ashamed but knows he cannot deny what he is and what his needs are. Bella is new to this lifestyle and as much as Edward wants her, he feels like he's taking advantage because he is the Dominate and she will listen to whatever he says. From what I gather from the comments on FFn, the author is very true to the lifestyle without actually having personal knowledge of it. I appreciate authors that spend the time to research and especially ones that do it to expand their writing skills. I hope you all take the time to read it as it is fascinating to see how well Edward and Bella's relationship transcends situations.

If you like The Submissive, check out The Dominate after (Very important you read The Submissive so you won't get spoilers). I love reading Edward's POV. Very angsty and... explicit 8-)
Resident of Rob's Halfway House :: WA Addict :: Team Switzerland
Image Image by ForJazz