Twilight Fanfiction discussion thread 2

♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Re: Twilight Fanfiction discussion thread

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Jade - Don't worry dear. Carlisle's POV may be boring for you but it is essential to read so you know what is really happening with Carlisle and Esme and why they made the dissisions they made for Bella and Edward.

Now...because I have never offically does this yet...

*stands up and goes to front of room*
Hello darlings. My name is Ashley and I am a Wide Awake addict. And I am also known on the boards as one of 'The 3 Sailors'/Tomato/and now that Jazz Girl has made is official Keeper of the Names.

I found out about WA through many people, but it was Jazz Girl who gave me the link and got me hooked on it by the second chapter. Since then I have become a WA addict and made a petition, so now we have this lovely thread.
*walks back to seat and sits down, waiting for the next addict to admit their addiction*
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Holy crap.

Ch. 44.. or 45, can't ****** remember anymore.
I really need to use the little girls room :lol: ... but I just cant bring myself to move from this spot.
:shock:
My heart is reaching out to Edward atm. Sitting on the balcony, listening to Emmett.
"what. needs. fixed?"
"me"

:cry:
And I'm actually more annoyed at Bella.

and I r going back to reading.

-----

omg................. NO HE DIDN't
How could...
:shock:
his mother?
K i need to shoosh and read. ahhhhhh im anxious

^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Hi al!

Its awesome to see so many people enjoying our Wide Awake crack! It just soooo validates our addiction! :twisted: :lol:

Seriously, Wide Awake, to me, is one of the rare examples of an incredibly well-written fan-fic. Usually, an author will try to write in the same 'voice' as the original author, and that is such a turn-off for me. While Angstgoddess has paralelled the TW saga, her story is so captivating! And I love the way she sticks to canon regarding the characters' traits and personalities. I'm preparing myself for the emotional upheaval Ch. 50 and the Epilogue will bring, but am also thankful for Gemini and Gypsies as something to sink my teeth into.

a little gift to start the new thread

ENJOY!! :twisted:

Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

I love the part where Bella is looking at the sketch book of Edward's whil sitting in the tub - see's her picture and it says

Edward Cullen
November
My girl

Talk about melt!

She was my girl and she was ckufing beautiful!
Because I ckufing love you!
Telling Jazz to not get in touch with his inner "ckpir" :lol: :lol:
Telling Jazz his va-jay-jay was showing. :lol:

Love it.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

Yay we got our thread! *bows down to Keeper of the Names* I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy! :lol:

I'm so glad we finally have a place to discuss WA. Now the Rob thread won't be going so fast. Lol.
I'd just like to thank stellar87 (Nikki) for getting me hooked. I cherish every moment. It's gonna be so sad when it's over. I hate the waiting, but as Jazz Girl said, it hurts so good. Haha.

A Darkward visual.
Another visual.
Yet another possibility.
Chapter 49 Darkward.
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

DarkMuse wrote:Yay we got our thread! *bows down to Keeper of the Names* I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy! :lol:

I'm so glad we finally have a place to discuss WA. Now the Rob thread won't be going so fast. Lol.
I'd just like to thank stellar87 (Nikki) for getting me hooked. I cherish every moment. It's gonna be so sad when it's over. I hate the waiting, but as Jazz Girl said, it hurts so good. Haha.

A Darkward visual.
Another visual.
Yet another possibility.
Chapter 49 Darkward.
Dark Muse, those last two photos(Yet another possibility & Chapter 49 Darkward) ARE Darkward at his very, very hotness and sexiness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: *Boom!!* I just burst into flames!!!!!!
O.M.F.E.!!!!

It is so sick that I am in total love with this fictional man/god. :lol: I NEED Chapter ##$%@! 50 - NOW!!!!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
GenevieveCullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by GenevieveCullen »

*stands up* I Jennifer, am a Wide Awake Addict. I blame my girls from the Rob thread *points fingers* Kidding!

I can't thank all of you enough for getting me hooked on WA. I haven't read such a well written fanfiction in.... 6 years I think? It had all the addictive and snappy dialogue that Twilight had, only for the older audience. Which meant that we got all the lemony goodness that we missed out on before. And cufking christ could that woman turn limes into lemons. They flowed, they fit the situation, and were actually physically possible (anyone read the Ginger Snappy Birthday Smuttake? Goddamned non-ambidextrous Vulgar Language is Ugly :lol: ). Her entire plot feels smooth, well thought out and nicely paced.

Her characters! They're different yet the same as their original inspirations. They're consistent and feel so real because of it. They are flawed, all of them. And it's beautiful and so real because of it. Every action they make makes sense to their personality. And the actions that deviate from what you expected, such as Esme's, are given reason for from their past. They all react how a real person would react.

I could go on for days about the psychological aspects of Darkward and Bella that she brings to the story but I have neither the educational knowledge nor the proper vocabulary necessary to fully articulate just how brilliant it is. What I do know barely scratches the surface of the depth she's given them.

I could go on a lot longer but I think everyone here knows exactly why WA is called crack, plus this is getting long. I'll review The Submissive later.
Resident of Rob's Halfway House :: WA Addict :: Team Switzerland
Image Image by ForJazz
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

WA:

I LOVE how she keeps things so subtle but the same. Like how the characters "hiss" sometimes, how Edward is always reading people's minds - he's way more perceptive and good at reading facial expressions than most people - yet he has the same sort of "blockage" with Bella that Twiward has. He wants so badly to get her and have her get him, but he is blind sometimes when it comes to how insecure and "plain" she is feeling. Grr! So good. And how he ran so blindingly fast after the "gym incident," and the forehead crease. It's all frickin' there - she's just humanized the story. It's crazy how well it works.

...I do kind of wonder why she left Charlie and Jacob out - but it's not like I miss them when I'm into the WA story. But she chose to include people like James, Carmen, and Lauren...so just curious I guess.

Image Image
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

DarkMuse~ Hahahahahaha!! I knew you'd love it here. It's like having a 2nd home isn't it? Two places where we are loved and welcomed and made to feel almost, "normal"!!!

Yes, you posted ALMOST all of the best Darkward images. But, you left off this one and my personal favorite, what CookieBella sees when she wakes up.

Can I just say, I love those little nods to Twilight. Those miniscule details that are just tossed in, almost as an afterthought but the significance of which is just so beautiful...

For instance, the Claddagh ring is wrapped in silver wrapping paper...

There are so many that she just throws in there. I so seriously love that woman for those.

BTW; for anyone who saw the most recent NM setpics, Edward is wearing....a black leather jacket.... :shock: :twisted:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

Jazz Girl wrote:Edward is wearing....a black leather jacket.... :shock: :twisted:
Oh crap - I thought it was one of those fugly vinyl ones that became popular post-MichaelJackson. Rob knows just makes anything hot without even trying, but I definitely prefer him in the Doshier jacket. *swoons*

Image Image