Twilight Fanfiction discussion thread 2

mandyb7
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Twilight Fanfiction discussion thread

Post by mandyb7 »

omg I have to say how incredibly frustrating chapter 37 is gah! I'm only like a 1/4 of a way through it but it's freaking killing me, I dunno how long I can take it if it's dragged out any longer, I hope whatever happened is revealed asap!
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. Sometimes I feel like I just want to kill someone. I feel like Darkward, trying to just soldier on and keep myself together.

Image Image
rockbandstar

Post by rockbandstar »

Since I haven't formally introduced myself here... here I go

My name is Nikki (you can call me Neya) and I am a WA addict! I already listed my fav's (the same as most of yours) as for how I think it is going to end?...

I think AG is going to keep E and B together... I'm wondering how "wrapped up" everything will be though... I see some things being left unsaid or up in the air

so yeah... basically what you all think :lol:
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

*shrug* I'm reading it just to see what the hype is all about, it's an ok story. Murder and housefires and torture are sad and all but I don't see the cult appeal. Of course I'm only on chapter 4 (oh I had a nightmare...SUCK IT UP!!!)

But then maybe I just don't find this stuff as interesting as an Amelia Atwater-Rhodes novel (like the one where the girl is kidnapped on her 18th birthday her entire family murdered in front of her including a baby brother and then she spends the next four years as a vampire's personal slave/pet/sex slave/whatever else he wants her for) but what do I know?
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

blasphemous_contessa wrote:*shrug* I'm reading it just to see what the hype is all about, it's an ok story. Murder and housefires and torture are sad and all but I don't see the cult appeal. Of course I'm only on chapter 4 (oh I had a nightmare...SUCK IT UP!!!)

But then maybe I just don't find this stuff as interesting as an Amelia Atwater-Rhodes novel (like the one where the girl is kidnapped on her 18th birthday her entire family murdered in front of her including a baby brother and then she spends the next four years as a vampire's personal slave/pet/sex slave/whatever else he wants her for) but what do I know?
Sounds like intense reading. :)

That's cool. Not everyone likes the same thing. Believe or not I tried to get into the Dark Hunter series and just couldn't. It did not appeal to me at all. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but that's the way it is.

But for me, as you have already witnessed my drooling, this fan-fic hits every nerve for me like Edward's electric touch for Bella. :D
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
mandyb7

Post by mandyb7 »

I dunno if chapter 40 was suppose to make me like Esme more, cuz all I want to do is punch her in the face, and god was I hoping Bella would have done it for me during their conversation! :evil: grrrrrr
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict
sillyme

Post by sillyme »

I can't believe it's taken me this long to get over here, but...*clears throat* My name is Jen *points proudly to nametag* (but you can call me Elle as there are now 2 Jen's amongst us!) and I'm a Wide Awake addict. I was a little late to the band wagon...I kept hearing about this awesome fanfic that was gasm inducing, but had no idea what anyone was talking about until I was introduced to it in a LJ community. Let's just say, it's been a long, angsty 6 months :lol: Like others have said, you've pretty much already posted my favourite parts...when I go through and read again though, I'll be sure to pull out ones that we've missed :D

Yes, so I don't know this is going to be wrapped up either *shrugs* I mean I'm thinking chapter 50 and the epi are going to be quite long (YAY!) so that most things can be tied up nicely, and right now I'm dying for the update...things have been quite quiet over at her LJ so that must mean she's busy typing!
GenevieveCullen wrote:Anyways, I said I'd do this for a while but not sure if I still need to plug The Submissive since a lot more people seem to be jumping on the band waggon. But honestly, it's one of the best portrayals of Edward's devotion and longing for Bella in one of the most unusual circumstances. I have never been interested in D&S, S&M, or whatever other names they call it. I know very little about that lifestyle but you don't need to know a lot about it to understand. The parallels between the D&S lifestyle to that of the vampire lifestyle is very similar. He's ashamed but knows he cannot deny what he is and what his needs are. Bella is new to this lifestyle and as much as Edward wants her, he feels like he's taking advantage because he is the Dominate and she will listen to whatever he says. From what I gather from the comments on FFn, the author is very true to the lifestyle without actually having personal knowledge of it. I appreciate authors that spend the time to research and especially ones that do it to expand their writing skills. I hope you all take the time to read it as it is fascinating to see how well Edward and Bella's relationship transcends situations.

If you like The Submissive, check out The Dominate after (Very important you read The Submissive so you won't get spoilers). I love reading Edward's POV. Very angsty and... explicit 8-)
Nice summary Jen! When I first started reading I was a little weary about it, simply because that's just not my thing, but it has become such a guilty pleasure, and you have to admit that even if the whole D&M isn't your thing, some parts are just SO HOT!!! I just finished The Submissive this afternoon, and now I'm on to The Dominant :twisted: And apparantly after she's done the second part, she'll be writting a sequal...pretty sure I'll follow that one.

Elle.
^^made by the lovely ForJazz926!
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

Ok, so I went to check out WA to see what the fuzz was all about .....Enough said.

Given that we are a PG13 discussion board, keep it clean girls. I haven't seen anything too bad yet, but I skipped whatever I thought was a spoiler, so I won't be able to do post clean up, until I am done.

And hey... I did noticed how you are working it around the filters. I obviously don't have enough time to go around doing massive clean up, so please go back to your posts and if you used a word that the filter would have caught if spelled properly, then it should be replaced with another word. Come on guys no need to use profanity to make your point. The English language has a wide lexicon, let's find some substitutes please? and innuendoes are allowed so no biggy there ;)
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Sorry about getting a litle carried away there, Nena.

I'll be mindful in the future. :)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Gosh, watch your mouth girls!!
:lol:

I reckon she needs to publish it :l
But for me, its not like twilight where I can read it over and over.
With WA, ill read it, and wont wanna read it for a long time :S

*spoiler* ~
When Darkward baked the cake, to butter her up to ask a question, I started hyperventilating.. cause I thought he was gunna ask her to marry him. Dumb, I know. Then I got disappointed when he wanted to meet Carmen.
What I wanna know is.. why? Does he want help to, or does he just wanna see what goes on.
1 chapter won't clear that up + other stuff.
Freaking ouuut.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart