Adult thread -- Rob's halfway house

Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Adult thread -- Rob's halfway house

Post by Dovrebanen »

Pammy - Nothing to worry about. Just be proud you have such beautiful sons :D

Ashley - There are no plaid in stores here...In fact I have never owned a plaid piece of clothing, I think.
BTW, such a sweet old lady you met! I can't believe she knew what happened to Rob, and actually cared.

JulieM - I agree on the Twilight commentary. It's really worth to see, and for me it's a change from just seeing the movie. I'm one of those people who can't stand to listen to CH so I try to tune her out...
And enjoy your trip!

Caryn - that picture should be in all our purses, just in case we ever find ourselves in a situation like the one you described.

Julie - Congratulations on the win. I never win at these things, so I don't play either...

I see many of you are talking about storms. We have the best weather now. It was hot and sunny all day. I spent the entire day outside in the sun, I dipped my feet in the water (still cold)...It was just a great day. My face and arms look like a tomato though...My vampire like skin just don't do well in the sunlight :lol:
A nice place for Rob and his sunglasses 8-)

Okay...sorry, I can't look at the fingernails. I hate fingernails. Even my own... :?
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
GenevieveCullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by GenevieveCullen »

ForJazz926 wrote:I made some more icons - just like last time, if you want one, please let me know and I will give you the link, so that we avoid duplicates and all that. I mean I don't care if peeps have the same one, but it's kind of fun if we're all different.
HERE they are.
Lovely! I like the middle one, bottom row. Would I be allowed to change the hue to my font colour? I love red but the greenyblueygrey colour is sorta my thing. If not, that's cool. Does anyone have the link to the Volterra kiss scene set? I loved those as well.

I saw the dirt under the nails too. It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine :?

Pammy~ lol, when bell bottoms made a comeback in the '90s my mom told me about Elephant pants. Never heard of earth shoes but I'm sure she had those too.

JulieM~ Hope you have fun on your trip. What part of Canada are you headed to?
Resident of Rob's Halfway House :: WA Addict :: Team Switzerland
Image Image by ForJazz
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

Dovrebanen wrote:JulieM - I agree on the Twilight commentary. It's really worth to see, and for me it's a change from just seeing the movie. I'm one of those people who can't stand to listen to CH so I try to tune her out...
And enjoy your trip!
I am watching the movie with commentary right now (for the first time) and it just seems to me that CH's mic is louder than the other two's. Maybe it's because her voice is soooo irritating and she just won't shut up!!! The point in the movie where Bella is being carted off to Phoenix and she's talking on the phone to Rob (Rob?? I mean Edward :D )---Rob was saying how he wanted to hear what was said on the phone--and CH just starts blabbing about technical stuff ---and she does it on purpose!!! :evil: I was screaming at the TV for her to just shut the "F" up!! You can kinda hear Rob in the background huffing a little cuz she did that.

And the scene in Biology, when he comes back after running away that first day. Edward asks Bella if she likes the rain and she says she doesn't like cold, wet things...Rob says the little laugh he does in the scene is supposed to mean something and CH and KS don't get it and he feels stupid like it didn't come across right....I totally got what it was supposed to mean...She doesn't like cold things, soooo he's screwed cuz....he's cold. He was taking that from MS, I thought it was great of him to notice something as small as that. He's Awesome! 8-)

Oh! And I've noticed that he really likes to talk about himself! He notices how his hair looks, or his sideburns, that he's got a "nubbin" on his chin :lol: or that he looks like an Anime' character....he's so adorable... ;)
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

DarkMuse wrote: I'm gonna post something just because I'm sure you all will get as much of a kick out of it as I did. I was literally crying I was laughing so hard. And while it isn't Rob, it does have 2 of the Brit Pack.

Searching For Sam Bradley. Marcus: You've got a crisp on your head. Bobby: It's a hat. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Omg *dies* Even Rob likes it. Hehe.
Hi everyone! Hope you and yours are having a relaxing Father's Day.

Kristiner, that video above was hilarious! Marcus--"Do you smell...burgah?" I'm not even going to ask who made this or what they were smoking when they made it. :lol:

Julie, beatiful icons as always. I'm glad you figured out a way to tell myself and Sandy apart, not that it matters too much. :D I guess you could also remember that older_twilight_fan has a t for tracy. ;) Congrats on your winnings, by the way.

I appreciated everyone's review of The Hangover as it certainly seems to be the sleeper hit of the summer. It looks hilarious and I absolutely love everything about Ed Helms on The Office, so I'm looking forward to seeing it. It's also received a couple of really favorable reviews in EW.

JulieM, have a safe trip! I'm impressed you can do without the comforts of electricity and running water for a week. But I think the purchase of the portable DVD for the watching of the Twilight was a definite "must-buy"!

Sandy, good luck with the softball games today. How hot is it there? It's been 94 or 95 degrees here with sweltering humidity. :( Welcome summer!

Pammy, glad you're enjoying Twilight with the commentary. I loved it too, except for most of CH's comments and how she swooned over Rob about half the time. We've laughed at many of Rob's comments here before like the "sculpted eyebrows" and the "bouffant hair-do". I think he sometimes seemed uncomfortable watching himself, especially in the more serious or intense scenes. I thought he tried to deflect the attention away from himself by joking about his appearance at those times.
Last edited by older_twilight_fan on Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
newtonscricket
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by newtonscricket »

Ashley, you're right, Rob is always with me. Here he's always on my banner. IRL he's always in my head. Love your WalMart story. Rob is approaching total saturation.

Julie, pretty little Robs! like your new banner too!

JulieM: I totally noticed how dirty his fingernails are. Does guitar playing make your fingernails dirty? That's what I was trying to tell myself

GenevieveCullen wrote:Pretty woman is on. Richard Gere's character is named Edward
Ok, speaking of other heroes named Edward, this leads in to this insight I had today. Yet another friend has been bitten by the Twilight bug, because her daughter was reading it. Her husband expressed concern that Twilight reinforced the "evil guy that the right girl can change" cliche. Gasp! Edward is not evil! I was casting about for a character to compare him to, so the guy would understand. I looked to Jane Austen, since pretty much every romance scenario is covered by her and I realized with surprise, Twilight's Edwards is like "Sense and Sensibility"'s EDWARD. That Edward is very good. It's because he's good that he tries not to love Elinor or encourage her love for him because there are things about him that she doesn't know and he can't fix. (If you don't know what I'm talking about go read some Jane Austen for Pete's sake, you won't be sorry!). I shouldn't be surprised. Stephenie Meyers specifically references that Edward, though I think the names are a coincidence.

sure Rob would look good in earth shoes. Rob would look good in lederhosen. I mean he looks good in this shirt. He even looks good in his mom's shirt
I never get tired of this shirt

I spend far more time considering Rob's fashion choices than my own.
rockbandstar
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by rockbandstar »

Hey party people!
I miss you guys... it seems like I can never get on here anymore and if I do I am always catching up.
I'm loving all the "new" Rob pics you guys are posting and I completely agree that it is a bit weird seeing him kiss Emile (is that even the right name?)
I haven't see TBMH yet but I really want to... I must go looking for a link for it... *note to self*
There aren't spiders in this one though, right? You would totally warn me right?
After watching HA I have to double check because well *shudders* yeah
ForJazz926 wrote:I made some more icons - just like last time, if you want one, please let me know and I will give you the link, so that we avoid duplicates and all that. I mean I don't care if peeps have the same one, but it's kind of fun if we're all different.
HERE they are.
Julie... I would love love love to use the 4th icon in the bottom row if no one else has called it? Please and thank you! :mrgreen: (My momma taught me well) lol

I haven't seen The Proposal yet but I want to!

Kristiner... congrats on winning the money. I'm sure you will find something totally amazing to buy with it! I have no doubt about that!

Newtonscricket (my mind sucks so forgive me for forgetting your name) playing guitar makes your hands callousy but not really dirty (depending on the strings I would say) I play and my nails don't look anything like that... I think our Rob is just a dirty dirty boy.

Woah... Keeping it PG... sorry bout that ;)

Umm... So I know I am forgetting a ton of stuff but this will do for now :D
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

newjen, I liked your comparison of Twilight's Edward to Sense and Sensibility's Edward. Good catch! I love Jane Austen, especially Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility. And they've even made some fairly decent movies and PBS adaptations as well.

Thanks for the Robcrack showing Rob wearing various fashion choices. That man can make just about anything look good! However, just thought I should point out that Rob probably looks best in
this shirt 8-)
Banner by TammyAZ
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

newtonscricket wrote:Rob would look good in lederhosen. I mean he looks good in this shirt. He even looks good in his mom's shirt
I never get tired of this shirtI spend far more time considering Rob's fashion choices than my own.
OMG. ROB IN LEDERHOSEN. :lol: :lol: :lol: I appreciate traditional dress & all but now I'm picturing Rob... in lederhosen... maybe with his mom's shirt thrown on there... and the orangey/bright blue shirt tied around his waist or something. Yes, he still looks good! We HAVE seen him in a tutu playing DDR.

NewJen, I'm pretty sure smoking makes your hands dirty. At the very least it makes them yellowed.

And, I meant to say before that my e-sweetie's trick means I won't have to say Tracy/Sandy anymore. I will do my best to use your proper names. XOXO.

Image Image Image
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Testing my new avi...I know I can see it in my old post...But I like the first post with a new avi...Love it. Julie, thank you so much. All of them were great!

Tracy/Sandy - I will always mix the two of you, I'm afraud. Ehhm..I just typed I'm a fraud..Sort of Bart Simpson-ish. AFRAID... I think I'll even forget Julie's tip :oops: So sorry, I'll try not to.

NewJen - I'm planning on reading Sense and sensibility again this summer. I read it years ago. I'll probably smile everytime I see the name Edward.

Pammy - I couldn't agree more. I hate how she interrupts everytime Rob or Kristen try to comment on something. And when they point out that Emmett is eating in the movie, she was like: "Oh yeah..He's totally eating." I mean, hello?? Huge mistake. She could try not to sound like it's good thing...
edward4ever wrote: And the scene in Biology, when he comes back after running away that first day. Edward asks Bella if she likes the rain and she says she doesn't like cold, wet things...Rob says the little laugh he does in the scene is supposed to mean something and CH and KS don't get it and he feels stupid like it didn't come across right....I totally got what it was supposed to mean...She doesn't like cold things, soooo he's screwed cuz....he's cold. He was taking that from MS, I thought it was great of him to notice something as small as that. He's Awesome! 8-)
I didn't notice he said that. WOW. I <3 him for reading MS and making so many preparations to play Edward. It was like he wanted to do it perfect, and he did. And I think this time it will be even better, with a new director and new abs ;)
(ignore some of the comments below, just enjoy the show)
And with that, I wish all of you a good night!

EDIT: BTW, Tracy, I prefer that shirt too :D
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

Neya - here is your Rob icon.

Image Image