Alice's Party Planning Committee -- Team Alice Thread #3

Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire
Location: In Ohio, waiting for Edward to come through the window.....

Re: Alice's Party Planning Committee -- Team Alice Thread #3

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

*creeps in stealthily hoping not to be noticed...*

*bright light catches her*

Oh...umm...hi!!! :D I'm back! I know, I know, I've been gone for months!! Well only one month but it feels like forever!

And I'm soooooooooo sorry! I missed all the planning and the party and the New Moon discussions....I'm so failing as an "old member" that Kayla mentioned in her PM.

:( :( :(

Well now I'm here and I'm gonna be on non-stop for 5 days because I'm on Thanksgiving Break!!!!!!

Speaking of which, guess who's turning 15 on the day after Thanksgiving?!? MMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! :D

Oh, and now time to catch up with everyone.

Um, this is a question from a really long time ago...like last month, but yes, I have read The Night World series. L.J. Smith is amazing!

I always thought that after I read the Twilight series no other series could ever compare but the Night World series is pretty up there. I mean definitely not level with Twilight but about a millimeter lower, which is pretty awesome!

So have you read her other books? Like The Vampire Diaries or the Secret Circle? They're all very good. :D

And umm...actually I think that's all the catching up there is besides the fact that I JUST SAW THE MIDNIGHT PREMIERE OF NEW MOON!!

Well actually it was 6 days ago but it feels like yesterday!

It was AMAZING! Even though there were parts I didn't like (where they made Rob's face crack, I was really mad because Edward's face DOESN'T CRACK) but I mostly loved it!

And how they did the title in the beggining? I COULDN'T BREATHE!!!! I was sitting there and the moon was fading little by little and I was almost hyperventilating!!!! :D

And I also didn't like how Alec wasn't blonde and short like Jane was. But I loved Jane in general. I thought Dakota did an awesome job.

And all the Cullens in general. I loved how in this movie, their eyes were actually honey-colored. In the 1st movie they were just black all the time.

And I loved how all the Cullens' hair looked more natural and their make-up was much better too.

I LOVED IT!!!!!!! :D :D

Ok, that's all for now. :D Tchao!

♥~*Proud Member/Founder of The Mookie Adams Family*~♥
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hi all! Hey, this thread had come back to life! COOL!!
OK, I went to see the movie the second time on Monday night, and it was even better the second time through (which SO did NOT happen with Twilight).

I'm still gushing on the whole visual experience. First of, thank God it wasn't BLUE. I hated the blue thing in Twilight. Secondly, they nailed the goodbye scene.
The opening made me cry because I knew what was coming.
The kids watching the movie made me laugh so hard. You guys do look like that when we teachers show films.
The cliff diving scene was very well done.

Things I want in the extras on the DVD:
Expanded birthday scene.
Airport scene - I really missed that.

Things I want that I wont get:
I missed the whole epiphany part in the movie. That is such an important step for Bella in the book that I REALLY wanted it in the movie.
The Blasphemy line.
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

I know I haven't been here in years but excuse my MIA for this one post.

I so have to agree with you on the blasphemy line. That was my favorite line from the whole book! How could they not use it. :(

Yeah...I always wondered what would happen if vampires did get cut, so the whole crack and then recementing itself thing was pretty cool, in my opinion :D

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Kayla that blasphemy line is my favorite too!! I wasn't expecting the whole paragraph, but I missed it!
I am glad Alice got to say her grand-theft auto line. And it was so hilarious when she said "Let me know when you put the dog out." :lol:
Yeah, it was SO much better than Twilight! I really can't wait to see it again!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

Fatima~ you read NW???? Go you!!!!! :D :D I looove them! And VD. I kinda want to read Secret Circle...
Happy Birthday!
i just loved the title too... me and my friend were like :shock: . :lol:

Kayla~ I wanted the epiphany too. Oh well.
I hated the blue thing in Twilight! It was so weird!

Emma~ hey!

Jenna~ I loved that line!

Toodles!

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

hey hey hey girlies!

glad to see I'm not the only one who hated that blue nonsense.
urgh, it was such an awful colour choice - it didn't complement anyone, not even the Cullens.
it certainly didn't complement Bella.

anyways, I'll pop back in later, but just a quick announcement: I'm Officially Bitten! :D :lol:

go me!

pip pip for now!

~ Kat
xoxo
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

Haha yeah, I did. This junior named Amy kinda took me under her wing and made it her mission to make sure I read all the amazing books that she has. So she introduced me to L.J. Smith. :D

Secret Circle is amazing! I was reading the series over the weekend and I couldn't put the book down! :D

And that line was my favorite too! It made me cry because it was sooooo sweet!!!! :D

And that whole blue thing was just weird. I didn't even notice that it was distinctly blue until the trailers for NM came out and I was like, "It's ORANGE!"

But I like the orange better, it's warm and it gives the movie a better feel. :D And the blue just made the whole movie depressing and that's just weird because NM is the sad book. :lol:

Ok, so are we having another party soon? I've missed so many I feel like I'm failing as a World Class Money Spender... :/

Kat: Congratulations!!! I'll catch up soon, it's so cool that you're officially a vamp now! :D

Okie dokes everyone, I'm off. Tchao! :D

copper curls

Post by copper curls »

Renesmee_Bella wrote:Kat: Congratulations!!! I'll catch up soon, it's so cool that you're officially a vamp now!
aw, thanks, Nessie! :D

you're right about the blue being depressing - I think it lent that depressing feel to the whole movie, making it more surreal and a bit ominous, more than romantic. *shrugs* but that's just me.

I think that because the orange was so much warmer, it just made NM feel warmer... it was more about Jake being there than being about Edward not being there.

oh, and we're not too sure what the current plans are for the next party...
I've pinged some people about it, but no reply as of yet.

let me know any of your ideas, though!

~ Kat
xoxo
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

You're welcome! :D

Mm, I agree completely! The whole blue thing just made me sad to watch which is bad since I was so excited to see it!

And I like your whole Jacob-being-there thing. It makes a whole bunch of sense. :D

And I loved how there were some funny parts in the movie. The 1st movie was all sad, bad and gloom but this one made me smile and laugh and sigh and sniffle. It was awesome! :D

And as for party ideas... maybe a NM party. We could have it be and ORANGE theme. Like have all orange food and orange decorations. Orange/ werewolf themed. We could have some werewolf-ish games and...am I making sense?

I just feel like I'm being crazy. I mean, who has an orange-themed party, right? :S :D

copper curls

Post by copper curls »

Renesmee_Bella wrote:I mean, who has an orange-themed party, right? :S :D
uh, we would... :? :lol:

I would love to do a NM party... we did the the Dish it All party, but it wasn't as well attended as I thought it would be. :roll:
we could totally do a werewolf party (not gonna lie, I'm a wolf girl!), but I don't know when we would do it.

we were planning a winter holiday party, but that would be about a month away. I would love to do a werewolf party, if we could figure out an appropriate date. like if we knew the day that Bella hears the legends for the first time, or someone's birthday, or something that would, y'know, justify the party.

I dunno if that makes any sense.

I'm just gonna get to bed... a but early, but it could take me well over three hours to get upstairs, so who knows? :lol:

pip pip!

~ Kat
xoxo

P.S. -- You're right! the blue made it so sad, when it was supposed to be such an overwhelmingly beautiful falling-in-love scenario!
gah!