Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by navarre »

*SPOILERS - THE DOMINANT*

Actually Bella & Domward are in the same boat. Neither can tell the other how they truly feel. Both are so in love with the other and both so damn scared. Each sees the other as unattainable, yet both are each others equal in every way.

I love it when Rosalie calls Bella 'on the carpet' for not stepping up to the plate and fighting for this relationship. Bella, to her credit, admits she should have, but the wound Domward inflicted was so deep and painful she could not 'go there' with him.

I love the fact that during their separation, they both grew and matured. He recognized that he was deserving and sought her out and she 'reached out and took his hand' if you will, because that is what love is - keeping no records of the wrongs inflicted, holding no grudges, perseveres, stands the test of time and overcomes obstacles. Love prevails.

Damn! I love that! *le sigh*
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Morning all! :)

No updates as of yet. Just posting to say that I've been checking out the Indie Twific Awards website and I don't see the "vote" option being open yet.

Perhaps it's early...

navarre: Excellent point about how similar SubBella and Domward are in this. :)
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Of course this has Dominant spoilers too...

Why do you guys think Domward always feels so completely unworthy and is so hard on himself?
I don't think he's ashamed of his lifestyle or feels that it's bad for himself. But he doesn't want it for her. He doesn't think that he can live in a normal relationship with a woman because he has never succeeded with it. He failed with Tanya, and he thinks he's going to fail with Bella too. And he wants Bella to have everything that he thinks he can't give her. And I don't think he has ever experienced someone who knows him completely and still loves him. So when he realizes that he loves Bella, he wants to remove her from his world before he can hurt her or degrade her by being who he is. He doesn't know how to be a normal partner, combinded with the Dom lifestyle. He is such an Edward...leaving for her own good... :roll:
I also think he is so hard on himself because of what he's been hiding from her. He knew all about her before he took her on as a sub, and thereby broke the rule of complete honesty between a Dom and his sub. So he's thinking Bella will hate him for lying to her.
Erika - I feel so bad for him. The quotes you posted are just heartbreaking. He clearly doesn't want to hurt her, but he thinks he has to. But he is just being stupid. He shouls have the guts to ask her how she feels about him, and how she sees their future together. And that what's makes me mad. He is too scared to take the chance on something that could be the best thing that ever happened to him.

What do you think would have happened in this chapter if Bella had suddenly professed her love for Domward, out loud?
I do think it would have made some difference. If like he says, he didn't know that she loved him. But I think her words and action over their whole time together made it pretty clear that he was much more than a Dom to her. I don't think she needed to say it for him to know that he was special to her. And he should have realized it just by seeing how much his words hurt her. But of course, her saying it would make a difference. Though I'm not sure it would change what he did. I think he would still make her leave, because he didn't want his lifestyle for her.
I agree with you, Tracy, that I think he needed to hit bottom before he realized what he had and what he was loosing, and who he is and what he's worth. It's a lot like Edward in NM. He didn't see himself as worthy, and he saw himself as unhealthy to Bella. Just like Domward does.
Jazz Girl wrote:
I took a deep breath. “And I have never invited you to sleep in mine.”
This is exactly why I can never blame Bella for leaving. It was such a low blow, and he hurt her more than anyone ever had in her life. She was so totally unprepared for it, and he just stepped all over her heart. I think if he hadn't hurt her so much, that she could have admitted that she loved him. But when he took it all the way, she was convinced that he didn't want her the way she wanted him.

David - I just checked the awards site too. Hoping I could vote while it was still fresh in my mind. I am counting on you to remind me.
Can't wait to see where you go next with Gio...I'm not sure what category I will fit in to...the pleased or the upset..Just have to wait and see. I'm sure I'll love it no matter what. But just so you're informed...Un-happy endings does not go down well with me. I'm a crier :lol:
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
GenevieveCullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by GenevieveCullen »

SPOILERS-- The Dominate (my two cents)

What do you think would have happened in this chapter if Bella had suddenly professed her love for Domward, out loud?
Honestly, I think it would have made things worse. Domward would never have believed that she could love him. He's lied to her, believes he's manipulated her. Can't remember if this is book or movie, "That's because you believe the lie/Everything about me draws you in".

If she told him she loved him, he would only hate himself more. Bookward knew that Bookbella loved him but he still left. Let's face it, our --wards are idiots with one track minds. They get silly ideas about unworthiness and being monster, they completely disregard anything anyone else says that tells them otherwise.

Why did Domward offer to recommend other Doms?
From previous chapters I got the impression that Domward believes SubBella only wants him for the D/s relationship, that she couldn't possibly want more from him, not that he'd believes he could give it. Domward is concerned about her needs, but he can only understand the physical ones.

This is the weirdest (and only) book club I've ever been in :lol:
Resident of Rob's Halfway House :: WA Addict :: Team Switzerland
Image Image by ForJazz
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I wish I could get into those fics, you guys are so passionate about them!

I posted Ch 21 of LAF already... Ch 20 either sucked or everyone was involved in the updates of the other ones lol.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Amanda Beth - I'm sure ch 20 didn't suck. Everyone has been so excited about your story, so I don't believe that :)
I'm reading your story too. But I'm only on chapter 5, I think. I'm reading several stories at a time so it takes some time for me to catch up when you update often (that's a very good thing, btw! I hate it when authors take several weeks between updates). I like your story so far.

I am very passionate about the AH fics. But I totally understand if you don't like them. I was really sceptical when I started reading WA. But it got me hooked. Now I'm reading Dangerous Affections. I think it was you, Christy, who recommended it. Thanks! It is awsome. It is very Twilight related, both in the story and in the quotes and situations. And...another Edward to fall in love with :roll:
I'm also dying to read The ExFactor. I think I'm going to stay up for a while tonight and get some reading done.
GenevieveCullen wrote:SPOILERS-- The Dominate

Why did Domward offer to recommend other Doms?
From previous chapters I got the impression that Domward believes SubBella only wants him for the D/s relationship, that she couldn't possibly want more from him, not that he'd believes he could give it. Domward is concerned about her needs, but he can only understand the physical ones.
I seriously wanted to slap him when he said that. It was so unnecessary. He had already hurt her more than enough. He knew that she only wanted to be his sub. It was right there in her application. That should have told him something right there....I think maybe he did it to test her. To see if she cared for him at all, or if she would go straight to the next guy. As if he didn't know the answer to that one. Or I guess he really didn't because he saw himself as unworthy of her, and he thought that she could never love someone like him. I think maybe he does understand her emotional needs, but he doesn't see them as involving him at all and he doesn't see how he can give her anything she needs besides the physical aspects.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

AmandaBeth~ A quick well done on 21 & 22. You have anonymous reviews disabled, so since I don't have an FF account, I can't review there. But, a really interesting direction. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Thanks guys. Dovre, I may look at Ex Factor after I'm done with LAF, it sounds interesting. Dom/Sub are just... not my style in general so it's kind of a turn off (not necessarily sexually, but in the literary sense.)

Jazz Girl-- you get some really rude anonymous reviews which is why they're disabled :)
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Okay fanatics, HEADS UP!! AG has given us a chapter 50 teaser - go to her LJ, page 47 in the comments section.

515 words. Redgie Cullen on Facebook sent the teaser out. Whoot!! It is gooooood!!!

Trine ~ yes, I referred to Dangerous Affections. Glad you like it. Very intense! Very good!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
twilightsagaaddict

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

navarre wrote:Okay fanatics, HEADS UP!! AG has given us a chapter 50 teaser - go to her LJ, page 47 in the comments section.

515 words. Redgie Cullen on Facebook sent the teaser out. Whoot!! It is gooooood!!!

Trine ~ yes, I referred to Dangerous Affections. Glad you like it. Very intense! Very good!
christy ~ BIG HUG for the the heads up on the teaser!! Reading it felt like an old friend coming back home...

sandy
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ