Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by ringswraith »

Oh no, I feel bad for the guy. He has self-worth issues. And really, who hasn't had that at some point?
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

akire wrote:**The Dominant SPOILERS**

Really??? No one feels bad for him? Sure, I'm pissed. But man! Domward REALLY believes he doesn't deserve her. He REALLY believes she doesn't love him.

If I may:
tara sue me wrote: You are unworthy.

You are a failure.

She’s better off without you.
:cry:
Erika,I do feel for him and I think that is where the frustrating part comes in. His insecurity in his own feelings, and the inability to trust not only those feelings, but Bella's also. Its such a dichotomy between his secure, hard-shell outer self, and the self-loathing he internally feels.....

GAH! I love that 'tara sue me' can illicit such strong feelings in us!
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

No, no. Don't get me wrong. I do feel bad for him. Really I do. I know what it is like to look at the person I love and think that he can't possibly reciprocate what I feel for him. I get that. But, do you know what I did? I fracking asked him. That's why I hate DomWard right now. Because, like TwilightSagaAddict says, he refuses to grow a pair, put aside his comfort for 3 seconds and put it out there. I mean, with all the ways he demands her trust, he can't trust her just a little bit, just a fraction of the trust he asks her to give him, and just say..."look, you're right, I felt something and we need to figure this out either way it might go." That's why I get just a little pissed at him. And, truthfully (and I can't wwait to read this from his PoV) it's also why when he does swallow his fear and put himself out there in a HUGE way, I love him just a little more than I did before this all happened.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

andddd I finally finished chapter 20. Kinda fluffy but I made myself cry writing two chapters in a row so I needed to lighten it up a bit :)
teamedward12
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by teamedward12 »

I finally found where everyone went! I knew the other thread was too quiet. I've been at training so I didn't get to check it out until today. Sitting in class made be fall behind on my fics so I must catch up.
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Spoilers The Dominant chapter 31

Wow...this chapter was tough to read. Caryn, I had the exact same thought you did: I loved how tara sue me referred to "the blackest lie" and "the absolute worst blasphemy", and the inherent similarities between Domward's actions and Edward's actions in New Moon as each of these characters struggled in vain to protect their Bella from themselves. Even Domward's admission of being on "autopilot" reminded me of Edward's behavior the couple of days following the birthday party debacle in New Moon.

I do want to give Domward a swift kick in the @$$. But I also wasn't quite as pi$$ed at him after reading his POV, as I was after reading this chapter from Bella's POV. At least we know he is going through hell here and that it's killing him to do this to Bella, not to excuse his ridiculous behavior, of course. This part nearly brought me to tears:

Look at her, Cullen. Watch and see what happens when you try to be what you are not. Sear her pain into your very soul and never go another second without remembering.
You are unworthy.
You are a failure.
She’s better off without you.
From The Dominant Chapter 31 by tarasueme

Why do you guys think Domward always feels so completely unworthy and is so hard on himself? I know his parents' death at such a young age and the manner in which they died was devastating. At least he had the good fortune to be brought up in a very loving home and was given a great deal of love, comfort, and support from his close-knit family, and I would hope that would have helped him heal to some degree.

Do you think he has major issues with his choice of lifestyle? Or is it because he hasn't really succeeded in a long-term relationship, outside of a Dom/Sub type of relationship? I guess I'm just trying to figure out what other reasons have caused him to build these walls around himself. Maybe we'll gain a little more perspective if we're privy to any of his counseling sessions in the next couple of chapters.

One other question...What do you think would have happened in this chapter if Bella had suddenly professed her love for Domward, out loud? Do you think it would have changed anything? Would things have turned out any differently if she had simply said, "I'm in love with you." Would Domward have allowed himself to believe her? I stil think he was probably too insecure at this point to trust his feelings for Bella, or her feelings for him. I guess he really needed to hit rock bottom before he decided he needed counseling and self-examination and all that stuff. I think he really needed to learn to like himself and trust himself enough to come clean with Bella in order to be the kind of man he wanted to be for her.

Wow, I feel like this is The Dominant/The Submissive Book Club or something. :lol:
Banner by TammyAZ
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

SPOILERS. The Dominant discussion.

I think it's because somewhere inside him, Domward believes that his lifestyle is an aberration- something not normal. He's had one normal relationship that didn't pan out, and that couldn't have helped his self-worth much.

He wants Bella to have something-someone- special. He doesn't see himself that way. He's a freak, a deviant- someone like Bella deserves someone much better than he, in his mind. Which is why I believe he had to let her go- he couldn't let her be so involved with him, when he had such a low opinion of himself.
twilightsagaaddict

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

CH. 31 DISCUSSION ---POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Tracy, I have those same questions! While hearing the story from Domward's POV does give us some insight to his thoughts, what could have possibly happened to make him so full of self-hatred? His lifestyle choice could be one reason, but I almost think its more of an off-shoot --whatever happened to him then led him down the D/s path....

And I do think it would have made a world of difference if Bella would have told him she loved him-

“Because you’re scared,” she said. “You love me and it’s scaring you. But you know what? It’s okay. I’m a little scared too.”
She was scared because I’d scared her. She didn’t love me. She never once said she loved me.
Just that she was scared.
from Ch 31 The Dominant by tara sue me.

If she would have said something, he would have seen that they could be scared together and try to figure out a way to make it work...
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

The Dominant Discussion~ Possible Spoilers

I am inclined to agree with Sandy. I think, more than his lifestyle itself, it is more the fact that he feels compelled to live that lifestyle, that he did fail the one time he tried a quote/unquote normal relationship. I am one of those people that totally believes that if it is between two consenting adults and it feels good, than do whatever feels good and right. But, I think DomWard, like all of our other Edwards, sees Bella as something above him, better than him. So, he thinks he is bringing her down to his level, so to speak, by asking her to live the D/s lifestyle. As soon as he sees an opportunity to free her from that, he tries. Which is why I always found the fact that he offers to connect her with another Dom confused the hell out of me. That for me is the absolute low of lows. I am holding out to see that from his PoV, but I really think it was kind of his test for her. He hoped that she would refuse him.

As for her telling him she loved him, I agree. If she had said something, it would have made a world of difference. But, after the way he treats her that morning, I can't blame her a bit for being scared to put her heart out there. She comes downstairs on cloud 9, only to be slammed right back to Earth with no discussion. From the outset his is cold and callous towards her, not even giving her a chance really to say anything. She tried to open the door for a little deeper discussion, but he slammed it in her face. After the way he spoke to her...

“But then you kissed me. You called me Bella.” Her eyes searched mine. “You slept in my bed. All night.”

Fracking end it, Cullen. Now.

I slipped my hands from the table and clenched my fists as tightly as I could. Do it.

I took a deep breath. “And I have never invited you to sleep in mine.”

I can't...I won't blame her for turpenting his @$$ right out the door. B@$tard.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Possible Spoilers for The Dominant.
ringswraith wrote:SPOILERS. The Dominant discussion.

I think it's because somewhere inside him, Domward believes that his lifestyle is an aberration- something not normal. He's had one normal relationship that didn't pan out, and that couldn't have helped his self-worth much.

He wants Bella to have something-someone- special. He doesn't see himself that way. He's a freak, a deviant- someone like Bella deserves someone much better than he, in his mind. Which is why I believe he had to let her go- he couldn't let her be so involved with him, when he had such a low opinion of himself.
That was my thought as well, rings. He hates that he can only feel like himself when he's living the Dom lifestyle.

And I agree with Sandy/Caryn that if Bella had said she loved him it would have made all the difference -- but that I can't blame her for not saying it.

But I also wonder how his years of loving & caring for Bella from afar impacted him. I mean, he literally spent years pining after this girl.

EDIT P.S. Just so we're clear, I also can't blame her for busting out the turpentine. I just can't be angry at someone who hates himself so much. He's angry at himself enough for the both of us.

Image Image Image