Twilight Guys

AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by AgentCross »

I think it might increase with the release of the movies.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Post by Pel »

Hey guys, here's a question for all of you.

I was thinking of starting a thread called "The Twilight Saga..the male perspective" and having it here in Quench your thirst. I would then move "The Twilight Guys" thread to the Twilight Zone area so the XY's have a place to sound off and bond in an off topic area.

Thoughts?
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

Pel wrote:Hey guys, here's a question for all of you.

I was thinking of starting a thread called "The Twilight Saga..the male perspective" and having it here in Quench your thirst. I would then move "The Twilight Guys" thread to the Twilight Zone area so the XY's have a place to sound off and bond in an off topic area.

Thoughts?
Sounds great to me, I'm all for it.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
arynlee
Settled in Forks

Post by arynlee »

hey i'm not a guy but know quite a few who have read it and really liked it. and they are pretty much split on who they like whether it be edward or jacob but most really like emmett because he's so sarcastic.

and for whoever asked a good vampire book on the first post interview with a vampire is really good it's kinda long but good. hope that helps some
whylight
Settled in Forks

Post by whylight »

Yeah, I'm a guy. I like it. I thought, especially in Twilight, the superfluous descriptions of Edward's perfection were a bit over the top at times, but all-in-all, I enjoyed it. I was mortified that Meyer made Bella a vampire, though.

Also, I'm surprised to see so many male readers relate better with Jacob.
shape-shifter
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shape-shifter »

I'm a guy and I love Twilight! They're like amazing books. I think it's dumb that some people won't read it because they'll think it's a girl book, just cuz the main character is a girl. I don't think it matters

My favorite characters right now are Seth and Alice, and Nessie

I can't wait for SM to write more books!
waiting for a meteor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by waiting for a meteor »

Pel wrote:Hey guys, here's a question for all of you.

Thoughts?
Yeah that would be cool, its already been hard in the old thread to stay on topic :D

Hum I immediately identified with Edward, because my ex-girlfriend was so much like Bella :oops:

I don't think the TWSaga is for girls, it's a love-story, yes, but we all want our love-story to happen, huh?
I had the BD poster, and all the happy and sad squeaking while reading the books, and I still feel as manly as before.
No Rose, your backside is not getting any bigger – its frozen in time, remember?
Parallel evolution? My Twin = darkrider
shape-shifter
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shape-shifter »

I think when Midnight Sun comes out, more guys will read it because it's from Edward's point of view, when he first sees Bella
Lost Cullen
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Lost Cullen »

AgentCross wrote:
Wolf Boy wrote:Well I think most guys identify with Jacob immediately, becuase we have all been in his shoes, and he is Human and flawed and we can respect that

Guess I'm odd, because I immediately identified with Edward not Jacob.
Yes it seems most guys like Jacob better...
When i went to the midnight release all guys where for jacob exept for me ( haha all three of them )
but im glad im not the only guy who identifies better with Edward than with Jacob.
Im okay with Jacob and all but hes a little too imature
Haddsy_28
Settled in Forks

Post by Haddsy_28 »

Yes it seems most guys like Jacob better...
When i went to the midnight release all guys where for jacob exept for me ( haha all three of them )
but im glad im not the only guy who identifies better with Edward than with Jacob.
Im okay with Jacob and all but hes a little too imature
But that's the thing.
Jacob is meant to be immature.
I'm a 16 year old and I can proudly say I act very much like him ( Unintentionally)

He hasn't fully matured mentally yet.
How would you feel if you, as a 16 year old, falls in love with someone who you'll never be able to get because she belongs to someone else?
He needed the chance to grow, and mature. Edwards had what? 106 years to do that? Remember what it said about Edward? he was ravenous, he felt misunderstood, went on mass killing sprees.

This is getting beside point. But yeah. That's why most teenage guys relate well to Jacob I reckon, and most probably most older guys relate to him as well because they remember being a teenager.
It depends on each person though.