Twilight Guys

Calicoxx
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by Calicoxx »

I actually don't know any guys in my school that read it. I know one that wants to, but otherwise, I'm at 0. It'd be handy to have Edward's gift at time, I'll admit. Not only would it make sports infinitely easier, but you know, it'd be nice if I could find another guy to talk to it about. @_@
Peace, love, always and forever.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Adam wrote: No, no... you misunderstand. I'm not calling Edward concieted, Rather I'm saying that a normal real-life human guy would appear that way if he were trying to woo women by quoting Edward. Sorry if that was unclear.
I'm not sure if I'd say the guy was conceited for trying, he'd definitely get some brownie points in my book just for trying! If a guy can look beyond the initial 'twilight being for girls' stereotype, he deserves some praise. On the other hand, if the guy is just conceited, then he earned the title.
Which guy mentioned going to see the movie solo? I'm sure having girls talk to you will not be a problem. Trust me, you being alone is sure to stir up some curiosity and the opportunity to approach you will present itself. I being a single female would like to find a guy who appreciates Twilight, or one indulges their inner romantic! You TwiGuys swear romantics are out there, let me know where I can meet one, lol!
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
maggmaster
Settled in Forks

Post by maggmaster »

I am, I suppose, a Twilight guy. I read prolificly. My wife at first thought that I would not enjoy this series, I am unsure why. After she finished them I decided that I would read them anyway to see what the hype was about. I completed my first read through in two days and my second two weeks later after reading the first 12 chapters of Midnight Sun. I found the books refreshing and very engaging.
Last edited by maggmaster on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Since when (or where perhaps) are all teenage guys romantics?? I am no longer a teenager, but there were certainly no romantics around when I was one, nor can I find any in my 20's *sigh* I've known maybe 1 or 2 guys in my life who I could classify as maybe a bit on the sensitive/deep side, but none I would classify as romantics. I would imagine they get snatched up pretty quickly though. I always thought older men must be more mature/romantic/in tune with their emotions, but maybe it's the younger guys I should be looking for. ;)
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Adam
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Adam »

I know someone will contradict this, but bear in mind I'm only speaking from my experience. In high school most of the male romantics are obvious, but their romanticism comes with awkwardness and eccentricity (this was me as a teenager). The combination of these traits give or take a few others tend to make these "romantic guys" unappealing to most. Furthurmore, in order to appreciate one of these guys, you would have to have been the object of the devastating crush he has, but is too intimidated to appraoch.
The good news: in our twenties we develop confidence, we shed the wierdness, and we are still romantic. Though the conditions of the relationship have to be conducive to romance for us to show it.
maggmaster
Settled in Forks

Post by maggmaster »

Thats exactly what I was going to say....its not until college that most romantic guys come into their own. At least thats how it was for me.
CantBreathe

Post by CantBreathe »

Adam wrote:I know someone will contradict this, but bear in mind I'm only speaking from my experience. In high school most of the male romantics are obvious, but their romanticism comes with awkwardness and eccentricity (this was me as a teenager). The combination of these traits give or take a few others tend to make these "romantic guys" unappealing to most. Furthurmore, in order to appreciate one of these guys, you would have to have been the object of the devastating crush he has, but is too intimidated to appraoch.
The good news: in our twenties we develop confidence, we shed the wierdness, and we are still romantic. Though the conditions of the relationship have to be conducive to romance for us to show it.
I won't contradict you, obviously I can't completely disagree, because I'm not a guy. What you said makes sense to me though, I can see how romantic guys in high school would be like that, I think it is unlikely they are the overconfident jocks, etc. However, I was awkward and eccentric in high school too (I'll admit I still am) and I was friends with types from all crowds. So I knew some fellow awkward and eccentric guys, but I don't think any of them were very romantic. Although, you did just remind me of a sort of a creepy eccentric crusher that I had long forgotten about (and happily), but romantic would be the word for him. I wonder if the likeliness of their existence depends on regional variances... I am pessimistic, but I just don't think they exist in NJ, at least not frequently enough.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Persephonie

Post by Persephonie »

CantBreathe wrote:Since when (or where perhaps) are all teenage guys romantics?? I am no longer a teenager, but there were certainly no romantics around when I was one, nor can I find any in my 20's *sigh* I've known maybe 1 or 2 guys in my life who I could classify as maybe a bit on the sensitive/deep side, but none I would classify as romantics. I would imagine they get snatched up pretty quickly though. I always thought older men must be more mature/romantic/in tune with their emotions, but maybe it's the younger guys I should be looking for. ;)
Older men are not more romantic than young ones.... not for a long LONG time now.
Probably why this series appeals to the young and to the older generation as well.... romance in 2008, is pretty much dead..... sad to say.
CantBreathe

Post by CantBreathe »

Persephonie wrote:Older men are not more romantic than young ones.... not for a long LONG time now.
Probably why this series appeals to the young and to the older generation as well.... romance in 2008, is pretty much dead..... sad to say.
Yes! I always wonder how/why it is that society has evolved this way... Is it the same in other cultures as well? Maybe it is just a misconception, but I always think men in past eras have been far more romantic and, thus, more appealing. Edward, for example... :D
Persephonie

Post by Persephonie »

There's no more "courtship" period.
All that someone has to do is ask the other one out a few times and when Wham, their's dating.
There was a time when men had to work quite a bit harder to secure the attentions of a lady, let alone her affections.... I guess they had more time on their hands to be creative back then.

Now nobody has time for anything it seems. Everyone's in a hurry and there is a lot of what used to be considered romance, that is now viewed basically as a "waste of time".... :-(