Twilight Guys

dcluver04
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by dcluver04 »

Twilight<3 wrote:So, I have a question (girl, here) do guys have a "fictional crush" on any of the girls in the series? You know, like how girls swoon over Edward or Emmett or Jasper, is it the same way for you but with girls? If so, who would it be for you.

:lol: This thread brings back great memories. *cough* I don't know if I can talk about it because, well, heh, I don't think it would matter anymore since the proof is gone but.. for now I'll just stop talking.
I crush on Bella and Edward.
cullen grl 17
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullen grl 17 »

sorry for intruding, im a grl and i just wanted to say that i think you guys rock cuz yall read twilight!!! :D
***But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,
thou shalt not eat of it;
for in the day that thou eatest thereof
thou shalt surely die***
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

Yeah I'm a girl too, but i didn't realise how many guys read these and have such insightful views. Its awesome! I know two boys that've read them (well 1's only read Twilight but the other has read all of them) and so i can't really talk to the one thats read only twilight, but he crushes on Rosalie - because shes spose to be the "hottest chick on earth" - his quote.
And the first question i asked the other when i found out he'd read it was the all famous "Edward or Jacob?" and i just about launched myself on him and would've kissed him, had we not have been standing outside our science room, and in front of the class, when he said "definitely Edward" and this happened just after a couple of us had been having a yelling fight (still outside science) about eddie or jacob (we get quite passionate about our choice..)

I think its so good that boys can find the same enjoyment and stuff in this series - it shows just how versatile this series is, cos when you think about it - written from a young adolescent woman's view - you wouldn't usually think it would appeal to the males, its awesome!

I'm in complete love with you guys! WOOT WOOT for the Twilight guys - you could get so many girls if you start talking about Twilight! I'd fall for you any day! :D
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

AgentCross wrote:
Adam wrote:
Not really. Instead I sort of felt protective of Bella on Edward’s behalf at times. When Jacob was fantasizing about her in the tent For Edward to hear….AAAAAAAAGGGHHH!
Right up there with the existence of vampires, Edward’s restraint in not beating Jacob senseless is the most fictitious element of the story. :roll:

Oh yeah! and when Jacob kissed her in New Moon, I damn near screamed out loud. Haha. Yeah, I think you were right, in that for guys. It's nice to imagine having the effect that Edward has on Bella. The only thing keeping Edward from ripping Jacob apart was the fact that Bella would be upset and there is noting Edward wants less then Bella upset or unhappy/in pain.
girl here! I just wanted to say: all of you guys reading twilight are amazing! I think it's great that you're giving it a try =)
anyway, when Jacob kept crossing the line that no one in their right mind should really cross I was dying to hit him myself for Edward. I honestly would let him distroy jacob if I was Bella. Even in real life, if my best guy friend did that to me I would let my boyfriend (at least) punch him once. But, Edwards strenght is exactly why so many girls love him, though. He knew what he was doing :)
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3
somethingblue
The Godmother

Post by somethingblue »

Ok, men, I am visiting the thread at the prompting of Adam. What I am most interested in hearing the male perspective on the Twilight saga and debating the variances of those versus all of the women who have fallen in love with this series. I'm a 39 year old mother of 2, married to Mr. Blue (as we shall refer to him) for 13 years. Mr. Blue read the first book while we were on vacation this summer. He said it was pretty good, but he was disappointed that he did not get to see the 'big showdown' between Edward and James. 'Well, dear', I said, 'Bella was unconscious and the book is from her perspective. Not only that, but Edward was much more concerned about her well being at the moment, so really I think Jasper and Emmett mostly took care of that.' I would love for him to read more, but alas, I don't think it's going to happen. Did Pel ever start the discussion/debate thread she suggested a while back?
Satsu-kun
Settled in Forks

Post by Satsu-kun »

somethingblue wrote:Ok, men, I am visiting the thread at the prompting of Adam. What I am most interested in hearing the male perspective on the Twilight saga and debating the variances of those versus all of the women who have fallen in love with this series. I'm a 39 year old mother of 2, married to Mr. Blue (as we shall refer to him) for 13 years. Mr. Blue read the first book while we were on vacation this summer. He said it was pretty good, but he was disappointed that he did not get to see the 'big showdown' between Edward and James. 'Well, dear', I said, 'Bella was unconscious and the book is from her perspective. Not only that, but Edward was much more concerned about her well being at the moment, so really I think Jasper and Emmett mostly took care of that.' I would love for him to read more, but alas, I don't think it's going to happen. Did Pel ever start the discussion/debate thread she suggested a while back?
Well, I am a new guy to this forum, started reading the series like... 3 months ago. Finished the first 2 books in a day, and the other the next. Then I had to wait for BD to come out. (It sucked.) just finished reading BD like the same day it came out. I love the thought of vampires+romance. It... intrigues me. :D

Now as for the differences between a guys perspective, and a womans perspective is that we arn't as biased as you. Woman think of Edward and think "I'm dazzled" without looking at his whole(annoying) personality. I on the other hand do not wish for some prince to come sweep me off my feet, so I analyze him a bit more.(Same goes with Jacob)

Again, this is just my opinion on what I have seen on this, and previous forums. I do not mean all woman are blind, or anything, im just saying that most of biased, and tend to overlook some behavior.

I personally am an Emmett, Alice, and Seth fan. I find that there heart's are very much pure, and they all make me laugh. ^^

Evil is a state of mind. The one's that develop said "state of mind" are the saddest, but the one's who are born with it are the most sadistic.
shape-shifter
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shape-shifter »

I always wonder how the story would've been different if Bella was a boy and Edward was a girl.....
somethingblue
The Godmother

Post by somethingblue »

Satsu-kun wrote:
Now as for the differences between a guys perspective, and a womans perspective is that we arn't as biased as you. Woman think of Edward and think "I'm dazzled" without looking at his whole(annoying) personality. I on the other hand do not wish for some prince to come sweep me off my feet, so I analyze him a bit more.(Same goes with Jacob)

Oooo, this is a perfect opportunity for a debate. Now why would men be any less biased than women? Aren't you just as biased based on your own values, beliefs and guy-ness as we women are based on ours? Regardless of the perspective of the narrator, each person's own biases would still come in to play, no?
Satsu-kun
Settled in Forks

Post by Satsu-kun »

Not "as" biased. :D This is a book aimed at chicks, and you know it. It doesn't center around any of the gorgeous female vampires that just take our breath away. It is centered around Edward, and Bella.

All i'm saying is guys are going to be WAY less biased because we dont have the "prince charming" fantasy going on with us. ^^

Evil is a state of mind. The one's that develop said "state of mind" are the saddest, but the one's who are born with it are the most sadistic.
shape-shifter
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shape-shifter »

I really did see Twilight as a girl book when i picked it up. I just saw it as another book that i hadn't read...and i knew they were making a movie about it, so I wanted to read it. I love reading