Twilight Guys

Ravee
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by Ravee »

Not only am I NOT a guy, but I am a 34 yr old mom, and I just have to say it is *awesome* that some cool Twilight guys are stepping forward. It is an inspiration :)

Thanks guys...
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

Hey guys. Girl here. I've gotten three guys to read Twilight. They were very reluctant to read at first. One is very open about it, and says he loves it. The other two aren't so worked up about it, but they admit they underestimated it. Would you say they just don't want to know how involved with Twilight they really are, or they just really aren't that into it?

Haha, if they aren't that into it, well that would be a first. I haven't met one guy who has read Twilight (excluding those two) that didn't like it.

So coming from a guys point of view, what do you think?
"The piercing, heartbroken howling grew fainter and then disappeared entirely." <3

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would." -MS
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

I think they might be put off by Bella's Intense, obsessive love. Personally, I was attracted to it so I guess it just depends on the guy and what they like. They might just be embarrassed.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
Calicoxx
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Calicoxx »

I enjoy it, but not enough of my female friends read it, and I am kinda shy when it comes to talking about it because of my imposed social status. =\

However, it's enough to where it's actually a serious distraction for me during activities like lying in bed and sports!
Peace, love, always and forever.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Ravee wrote:Not only am I NOT a guy, but I am a 34 yr old mom, and I just have to say it is *awesome* that some cool Twilight guys are stepping forward. It is an inspiration :)

Thanks guys...
Oh, how you spoil us with your praise!
emmett_<3 wrote:Hey guys. Girl here. I've gotten three guys to read Twilight. They were very reluctant to read at first. One is very open about it, and says he loves it. The other two aren't so worked up about it, but they admit they underestimated it. Would you say they just don't want to know how involved with Twilight they really are, or they just really aren't that into it?

Haha, if they aren't that into it, well that would be a first. I haven't met one guy who has read Twilight (excluding those two) that didn't like it.

So coming from a guys point of view, what do you think?
I completely agree w/ AgentCross.
My 2 cents: We all want to imagine our affection having that kind of effect on someone. It felt nice for me to imagine that. At first that is what got me through the obsessive love parts.
Twilight<3 wrote:So, I have a question (girl, here) do guys have a "fictional crush" on any of the girls in the series? You know, like how girls swoon over Edward or Emmett or Jasper, is it the same way for you but with girls? If so, who would it be for you.

:lol: This thread brings back great memories. *cough* I don't know if I can talk about it because, well, heh, I don't think it would matter anymore since the proof is gone but.. for now I'll just stop talking.
Not really. Instead I sort of felt protective of Bella on Edward’s behalf at times. When Jacob was fantasizing about her in the tent For Edward to hear….AAAAAAAAGGGHHH!
Right up there with the existence of vampires, Edward’s restraint in not beating Jacob senseless is the most fictitious element of the story. :roll:
Ravee
Settled in Forks

Post by Ravee »

Adam wrote:Not really. Instead I sort of felt protective of Bella on Edward’s behalf at times. When Jacob was fantasizing about her in the tent For Edward to hear….AAAAAAAAGGGHHH!
Right up there with the existence of vampires, Edward’s restraint in not beating Jacob senseless is the most fictitious element of the story. :roll:
I have to say... I never thought of it that way. But your right. I often wondered about that restraint. Not many mortal men would have been able to exercise that much, let alone the immortal who didn't have to worry about death, injury or jail :lol:
"For love is the heart's immortal thirst, to be completely known and all forgiven. ~ H. VanDyke "
AgentCross

Post by AgentCross »

Adam wrote:
Not really. Instead I sort of felt protective of Bella on Edward’s behalf at times. When Jacob was fantasizing about her in the tent For Edward to hear….AAAAAAAAGGGHHH!

Oh yeah! and when Jacob kissed her in New Moon, I damn near screamed out loud. Haha. Yeah, I think you were right, in that for guys. It's nice to imagine having the effect that Edward has on Bella. The only thing keeping Edward from ripping Jacob apart was the fact that Bella would be upset and there is noting Edward wants less then Bella upset or unhappy/in pain.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
Tamalyn

Post by Tamalyn »

Ravee wrote:
Adam wrote:Not really. Instead I sort of felt protective of Bella on Edward’s behalf at times. When Jacob was fantasizing about her in the tent For Edward to hear….AAAAAAAAGGGHHH!
I have to say... I never thought of it that way. But your right. I often wondered about that restraint. Not many mortal men would have been able to exercise that much, let alone the immortal who didn't have to worry about death, injury or jail :lol:
I am not a guy, but the pull of this thread is so strong! I am so fascinated by the male perspective in the twilight universe. It's so intriguing! I just love you guys!

About Jake - hm, I never really thought that much about that aspect of the infamous 'tent scene', but after reading your comments and thinking about it, Jake must have had pretty..uh, 'vivid' fantasies whilst in the sleeping bag. Another reason I love Ed - he didn't rip off Jake's face when he had the right too.

His restraint in that scene reminds me of the various times in Midnight Sun (***SPOILER ALERT FROM THE 1ST 12 CHAPTERS!!!**) when he contemplated how much fun it would be to launch Mike across the biology room, but refrained time and time again.
Adam

Post by Adam »

AgentCross wrote: Oh yeah! and when Jacob kissed her in New Moon, I damn near screamed out loud. Haha. Yeah, I think you were right, in that for guys. It's nice to imagine having the effect that Edward has on Bella. The only thing keeping Edward from ripping Jacob apart was the fact that Bella would be upset and there is noting Edward wants less then Bella upset or unhappy/in pain.
Seriously. brother. Just one more reason that Edward is the shizz.
Tamalyn wrote: I am not a guy, but the pull of this thread is so strong! I am so fascinated by the male perspective in the twilight universe. It's so intriguing! I just love you guys!
Its all good!
Tamalyn wrote: About Jake - hm, I never really thought that much about that aspect of the infamous 'tent scene', but after reading your comments and thinking about it, Jake must have had pretty..uh, 'vivid' fantasies whilst in the sleeping bag. Another reason I love Ed - he didn't rip off Jake's face when he had the right too.

His restraint in that scene reminds me of the various times in Midnight Sun (***SPOILER ALERT FROM THE 1ST 12 CHAPTERS!!!**) when he contemplated how much fun it would be to launch Mike across the biology room, but refrained time and time again.
The fact that he’s totally capable of it makes it all the more amusing. :D
Megsimadic
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Megsimadic »

Adam wrote:Right up there with the existence of vampires, Edward’s restraint in not beating Jacob senseless is the most fictitious element of the story. :roll:
That is quite too, I mean, I know how bad my ex was when one of my mates said some rather...er vivid...wants about me :roll: So yeah, Edward is definately taking one for the team on that point, to be able to stop himself from really hurting Jacob.

...still not a guy here, just agreeing :D
My Youtube - My Livejournal
Private Meg Shinigami of Jasper's Confederate Army

Team Jasper:He is my happy hormone
Team Alice: Because Im short and annoying too!