Twilight Guys

Re: Twilight Guys

Postby Ravee » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:55 pm

Not only am I NOT a guy, but I am a 34 yr old mom, and I just have to say it is *awesome* that some cool Twilight guys are stepping forward. It is an inspiration :)

Thanks guys...
Ravee
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:55 pm

Re: Twilight Guys

Postby emmett_<3 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:12 pm

Hey guys. Girl here. I've gotten three guys to read Twilight. They were very reluctant to read at first. One is very open about it, and says he loves it. The other two aren't so worked up about it, but they admit they underestimated it. Would you say they just don't want to know how involved with Twilight they really are, or they just really aren't that into it?

Haha, if they aren't that into it, well that would be a first. I haven't met one guy who has read Twilight (excluding those two) that didn't like it.

So coming from a guys point of view, what do you think?
"The piercing, heartbroken howling grew fainter and then disappeared entirely." <3

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would." -MS
User avatar
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:11 pm
Location: not here.

Re: Twilight Guys

Postby AgentCross » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:59 pm

I think they might be put off by Bella's Intense, obsessive love. Personally, I was attracted to it so I guess it just depends on the guy and what they like. They might just be embarrassed.
Image
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
User avatar
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:10 am
Location: Lakewood, California

Re: Twilight Guys

Postby Calicoxx » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:16 am

I enjoy it, but not enough of my female friends read it, and I am kinda shy when it comes to talking about it because of my imposed social status. =\

However, it's enough to where it's actually a serious distraction for me during activities like lying in bed and sports!
Image
Peace, love, always and forever.
User avatar
Calicoxx
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:17 pm

Re: Twilight Guys

Postby Adam » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:43 am

Ravee wrote:Not only am I NOT a guy, but I am a 34 yr old mom, and I just have to say it is *awesome* that some cool Twilight guys are stepping forward. It is an inspiration :)

Thanks guys...


Oh, how you spoil us with your praise!

emmett_<3 wrote:Hey guys. Girl here. I've gotten three guys to read Twilight. They were very reluctant to read at first. One is very open about it, and says he loves it. The other two aren't so worked up about it, but they admit they underestimated it. Would you say they just don't want to know how involved with Twilight they really are, or they just really aren't that into it?

Haha, if they aren't that into it, well that would be a first. I haven't met one guy who has read Twilight (excluding those two) that didn't like it.

So coming from a guys point of view, what do you think?


I completely agree w/ AgentCross.
My 2 cents: We all want to imagine our affection having that kind of effect on someone. It felt nice for me to imagine that. At first that is what got me through the obsessive love parts.

Twilight<3 wrote:So, I have a question (girl, here) do guys have a "fictional crush" on any of the girls in the series? You know, like how girls swoon over Edward or Emmett or Jasper, is it the same way for you but with girls? If so, who would it be for you.

:lol: This thread brings back great memories. *cough* I don't know if I can talk about it because, well, heh, I don't think it would matter anymore since the proof is gone but.. for now I'll just stop talking.


Not really. Instead I sort of felt protective of Bella on Edward’s behalf at times. When Jacob was fantasizing about her in the tent For Edward to hear….AAAAAAAAGGGHHH!
Right up there with the existence of vampires, Edward’s restraint in not beating Jacob senseless is the most fictitious element of the story. :roll:
Image
User avatar
Adam
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: Twilight Guys

Postby Ravee » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:18 am

Adam wrote:Not really. Instead I sort of felt protective of Bella on Edward’s behalf at times. When Jacob was fantasizing about her in the tent For Edward to hear….AAAAAAAAGGGHHH!
Right up there with the existence of vampires, Edward’s restraint in not beating Jacob senseless is the most fictitious element of the story. :roll:


I have to say... I never thought of it that way. But your right. I often wondered about that restraint. Not many mortal men would have been able to exercise that much, let alone the immortal who didn't have to worry about death, injury or jail :lol:
"For love is the heart's immortal thirst, to be completely known and all forgiven. ~ H. VanDyke "
Ravee
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:55 pm

Re: Twilight Guys

Postby AgentCross » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:01 am

Adam wrote:
Not really. Instead I sort of felt protective of Bella on Edward’s behalf at times. When Jacob was fantasizing about her in the tent For Edward to hear….AAAAAAAAGGGHHH!
Right up there with the existence of vampires, Edward’s restraint in not beating Jacob senseless is the most fictitious element of the story. :roll:



Oh yeah! and when Jacob kissed her in New Moon, I damn near screamed out loud. Haha. Yeah, I think you were right, in that for guys. It's nice to imagine having the effect that Edward has on Bella. The only thing keeping Edward from ripping Jacob apart was the fact that Bella would be upset and there is noting Edward wants less then Bella upset or unhappy/in pain.
Image
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
User avatar
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:10 am
Location: Lakewood, California

Re: Twilight Guys

Postby Tamalyn » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:04 am

Ravee wrote:
Adam wrote:Not really. Instead I sort of felt protective of Bella on Edward’s behalf at times. When Jacob was fantasizing about her in the tent For Edward to hear….AAAAAAAAGGGHHH!
Right up there with the existence of vampires, Edward’s restraint in not beating Jacob senseless is the most fictitious element of the story. :roll:


I have to say... I never thought of it that way. But your right. I often wondered about that restraint. Not many mortal men would have been able to exercise that much, let alone the immortal who didn't have to worry about death, injury or jail :lol:


I am not a guy, but the pull of this thread is so strong! I am so fascinated by the male perspective in the twilight universe. It's so intriguing! I just love you guys!

About Jake - hm, I never really thought that much about that aspect of the infamous 'tent scene', but after reading your comments and thinking about it, Jake must have had pretty..uh, 'vivid' fantasies whilst in the sleeping bag. Another reason I love Ed - he didn't rip off Jake's face when he had the right too.

His restraint in that scene reminds me of the various times in Midnight Sun (***SPOILER ALERT FROM THE 1ST 12 CHAPTERS!!!**) when he contemplated how much fun it would be to launch Mike across the biology room, but refrained time and time again.
User avatar
Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Idaho. So Glam.

Re: Twilight Guys

Postby Adam » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:26 am

AgentCross wrote:Oh yeah! and when Jacob kissed her in New Moon, I damn near screamed out loud. Haha. Yeah, I think you were right, in that for guys. It's nice to imagine having the effect that Edward has on Bella. The only thing keeping Edward from ripping Jacob apart was the fact that Bella would be upset and there is noting Edward wants less then Bella upset or unhappy/in pain.


Seriously. brother. Just one more reason that Edward is the shizz.

Tamalyn wrote:I am not a guy, but the pull of this thread is so strong! I am so fascinated by the male perspective in the twilight universe. It's so intriguing! I just love you guys!


Its all good!

Tamalyn wrote:About Jake - hm, I never really thought that much about that aspect of the infamous 'tent scene', but after reading your comments and thinking about it, Jake must have had pretty..uh, 'vivid' fantasies whilst in the sleeping bag. Another reason I love Ed - he didn't rip off Jake's face when he had the right too.

His restraint in that scene reminds me of the various times in Midnight Sun (***SPOILER ALERT FROM THE 1ST 12 CHAPTERS!!!**) when he contemplated how much fun it would be to launch Mike across the biology room, but refrained time and time again.


The fact that he’s totally capable of it makes it all the more amusing. :D
Image
User avatar
Adam
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: Twilight Guys

Postby Megsimadic » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:27 am

Adam wrote:Right up there with the existence of vampires, Edward’s restraint in not beating Jacob senseless is the most fictitious element of the story. :roll:


That is quite too, I mean, I know how bad my ex was when one of my mates said some rather...er vivid...wants about me :roll: So yeah, Edward is definately taking one for the team on that point, to be able to stop himself from really hurting Jacob.

...still not a guy here, just agreeing :D
Image
My Youtube - My Livejournal
Private Meg Shinigami of Jasper's Confederate Army

Team Jasper:He is my happy hormone
Team Alice: Because Im short and annoying too!
User avatar
Megsimadic
Buying a Better Raincoat
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:13 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Cullen Basement

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests