Twilight Guys

waiting for a meteor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by waiting for a meteor »

shape-shifter wrote: I love reading
What about the rest of you? Do you like reading or is TW an exception (e.g. for your girlfriend's sake).

I love reading, too, the more pages a book contains, the better.
No Rose, your backside is not getting any bigger – its frozen in time, remember?
Parallel evolution? My Twin = darkrider
shape-shifter
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shape-shifter »

lol i didn't have a gf to make me read it I just read it. When I saw that they were making a movie, i was like "OMG, there's a major fantasy franchise that everyone else has read but me!" so i immediately asked my mom if I could go to B&N to pick up TL, NM, and EC (breaking dawn wasn't out yet)

I liked it. I don't get why some ppl are all turned-off by the romance thing. I didn't mind it. I really didn't care, the books are great
Satsu-kun
Settled in Forks

Post by Satsu-kun »

I love reading, the problem is that Most books do not peek my interest, so I don't do it nearly as much as I would like to. ;-;

Evil is a state of mind. The one's that develop said "state of mind" are the saddest, but the one's who are born with it are the most sadistic.
somethingblue
The Godmother

Post by somethingblue »

shape-shifter wrote:lol i didn't have a gf to make me read it I just read it. When I saw that they were making a movie, i was like "OMG, there's a major fantasy franchise that everyone else has read but me!" so i immediately asked my mom if I could go to B&N to pick up TL, NM, and EC (breaking dawn wasn't out yet)

I liked it. I don't get why some ppl are all turned-off by the romance thing. I didn't mind it. I really didn't care, the books are great
You are fabulous, brave Shape-shifter!
Satsu-kun wrote:Not "as" biased. :D This is a book aimed at chicks, and you know it. It doesn't center around any of the gorgeous female vampires that just take our breath away. It is centered around Edward, and Bella.

All i'm saying is guys are going to be WAY less biased because we dont have the "prince charming" fantasy going on with us. ^^
Satsu-kun - of course the book is aimed at 'chicks', it was written by a 'chick'. But does that mean that I will be less biased when I read Stephen King? (which I have done a lot of) Or are you really describing the emotional pull it would have for young and older women alike? Hmm, perhaps that is bias, but something about saying that just irks me for some reason.
shape-shifter
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shape-shifter »

lol thanks for calling me brave

i still wonder what it would've eben like, if it was written by a male author, and Edward was a girl and Bella was a boy
Dylan
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dylan »

I am a guy and I agree that it was originaly written for the teen chicas of the world, but I also think that it has a lot of action and humor especialy emmet and his sexual refrence quotes like when he was making fun of bella and edwards sex life while Charlie was watching the football game he said "At least some one is scoring around here!" made me laugh so hard I started to tear up... now the power that the vampires have are completely awsome, I love learning about the Voturni (SP?) and the powers they have... that vampire list in the back of breaking dawn is my best bud at the moment... And to be honest! I LOVE THE ROMANCE PART! I get so jealous of what Bella and Edward have and hope someday I can have something half as deep as that and the whole fact that Vampires have so much room for that type of emotion isnt fair! The whole imprtal part is awsome too!!! But I am sure that it is impossible for any guy or girl not to wish that they could have a romance as deep as Edwards and Bella, It just makes me soooooo happy when I read it.... I hope I can find my own Bella someday :D

As for how I got involved in the books it was quite simple. My ex-gf said "READ IT! I DARE YOU!" as she batted her long eyelashes at me and pouted her pretty lips out... At that point all I could do was say... "YES HONEY"... after that I went to Borders and a cute girl helped me out when she found out I was looking for the TW series... My GF mooved a few months later and I got to talking with the girl from Borders, and now I am dating her, Nothing makes her happier than me reading the Twilight books to her, I like it way more than reading it alone too (thats because I get kisses now :D)...... After a while I got my best friend who happens to be the Varcity Football Quarterback (I am the Varcity Pitcher at my school). Now the whole offensive line at my school is in love with bella :D... and no one would dare call it a girly book now...

And I would totaly fall for Alice!!! She is perfect, cute, flirty, and great fasion sense (at least that is what my GF says :/)...

I would fall for Bella if she was a little more selfish, I cant handle girls that only think about me, it doesnt feel right, I should only be thinking about them... She got better in the last book tho...

I totaly relate to edward more than jacob... Edward cares more about Bella and her happiness whatever it may be, He is an awsome role model :P... Jacob on the other hand is so selfish about bella up to the last novel! IT DRIVES ME CRAZZY!!!!! GAH!!!!

and that is all I have to say at the moment
Got A Draft, I would love to read it!
Searching for the a girl that will laugh at every stupid joke I tell. Who I want to hold until the end of time. The girl who I can call mine and who will call me her's... she is out there... I know...
-Dylan
Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tamalyn »

somethingblue wrote:
Satsu-kun wrote:Not "as" biased. :D This is a book aimed at chicks, and you know it. It doesn't center around any of the gorgeous female vampires that just take our breath away. It is centered around Edward, and Bella.

All i'm saying is guys are going to be WAY less biased because we dont have the "prince charming" fantasy going on with us. ^^
Satsu-kun - of course the book is aimed at 'chicks', it was written by a 'chick'. But does that mean that I will be less biased when I read Stephen King? (which I have done a lot of) Or are you really describing the emotional pull it would have for young and older women alike? Hmm, perhaps that is bias, but something about saying that just irks me for some reason.
Hey all! Finally, a debate!

@Blue - I think what satsu-kun meant ( and he can correct me if I'm wrong!) was more in reference to the fact that the narrator is a woman - and that that woman happens to be deeply in love with a handsome male vampire. The prose and beauty and plentiful descriptions of Ed's appearance, voice, physique and actions are all form the POV of a woman, which may feel a little weird to read if you are not attracted to men. The emotional pull of Edward, specifically, is probably stronger for most women, since they are attracted to him. (I know, that's going out on a limb...hahha)

waiting for a meteor wrote:

What about the rest of you? Do you like reading or is TW an exception (e.g. for your girlfriend's sake).

I love reading, too, the more pages a book contains, the better.
I'm so with you there. I get anxious when the pages left in a really good book dwindle down to nothing. I actually have to take a deep breath when I'm reading, and look at the chunk of pages that I have left to remind myself not to read so fast!
Calicoxx
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Calicoxx »

shape-shifter wrote:lol i didn't have a gf to make me read it I just read it. When I saw that they were making a movie, i was like "OMG, there's a major fantasy franchise that everyone else has read but me!" so i immediately asked my mom if I could go to B&N to pick up TL, NM, and EC (breaking dawn wasn't out yet)

When I found out about the movie, I texted my ex saying, "We're going to go see that." Sadly, not that I actually ashamed to go to the store and buy the book, but there is no way I am standing in line for Twilight by myself.
Peace, love, always and forever.
somethingblue
The Godmother

Post by somethingblue »

Calicoxx wrote:

When I found out about the movie, I texted my ex saying, "We're going to go see that." Sadly, not that I actually ashamed to go to the store and buy the book, but there is no way I am standing in line for Twilight by myself.
The fact that you read them and want to go to the movie is very impressive. My husband will not be going with me, instead, I will be taking my latest Twilight convert and girlfriend to a midnight showing.
Dylan
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dylan »

I think it is one thing to read the book and share all of Edward Bella and Jacobs experiences with yourself as you read but completely different when you go to a movie and share those experiences with a bunch of people you dont know, I think no matter what sex you are you should go see it with a friend so you guys can talk about it for the next month... I am going with my friends.
Tamalyn wrote:
I'm so with you there. I get anxious when the pages left in a really good book dwindle down to nothing. I actually have to take a deep breath when I'm reading, and look at the chunk of pages that I have left to remind myself not to read so fast!

I totaly agree! I was so sad when I was a few chapters away from the end of Breaking Dawn, not only was it the end of the book but also the end of Edward and Bella's story now all that remains is edwards opinion in the first novel (I wish it were all of the novels)
Got A Draft, I would love to read it!
Searching for the a girl that will laugh at every stupid joke I tell. Who I want to hold until the end of time. The girl who I can call mine and who will call me her's... she is out there... I know...
-Dylan