Adult thread -- The Summer House II

GenevieveCullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Adult thread -- The Summer House II

Post by GenevieveCullen »

rockbandstar wrote:On Seaweed/snorkeling: To be brutally honest about snorkeling: I have a horrible gag reflex and well, :oops: *shrugs* I kind of want to know where something has been before I put it in my mouth (or at least know my snorkeling partner for awhile)... I think it has to do with working at a hospital, because in all honesty I have heard some horror stories that kind of make me squeemish... just a benefit of the job :lol:
Awww... don't feel bad love. I've gagged on my toothbrush a few times. And yes, you should always know where the snorkel has been and whether or not someone else has used it. Safe swimming. There's no lifeguard when it comes to certain oceans.

Ashley~ I was looking for Quil too! He was casted so I don't see why he wasn't there. Unless it's because he doesn't become a werewolf until after NM. Was it NM or Eclipse that he turns?

Rings~ congrats on the nomination and the new burrito baby

JulieM~ have fun on your trip!
Resident of Rob's Halfway House :: WA Addict :: Team Switzerland
Image Image by ForJazz
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

ringswraith wrote:And on that note, I'm Roman Catholic. Therefore the burrito baby will require a baptism. Names anyone?
Rings~ Good thing I already made an honest man of you, then, huh? :D Hmmmm, and does the little eWoman get a vote on names? Cause, Erika, heart, while I am with you on the b-ness... Bronislawa will never be pronounced correctly by teachers, and Bogumil was the captain in Beverly Hills Cop and he gets shot. Bad bad eKarma for the eBurrito to eTake on so eEarly. So, I suggest Bob, regardless of gender. Bob is the perfect name. It's short. You can't mispronounce or misspell it. And, best of all bests, it's palendromic...ie a palendrome....you know.... a word or phrase spelled the same forwards or backwards. Similar to mom or racecar or ablewasiereisawelba. :lol: Yes, I think Bob Burrito works well. I suppose for a girl we could go Bobina Burrito. But, we'd have to shorten it to Bob in common useage.

Yes, I think I have reached my limit. I think last night's fanfic overload and requisite lack of sleep is making me as punchy as DarkWard with RedBella. So, I bid you a fair night night.

And, oh, by the way. I completely forgot to include that I did get my WA/ToV/Twi RobWard dream last night. It invoved a diner, pancakes and a guitar. Damn my alarm clock to the fiery pits of hell for waking me from that one. DreamWards all had very well maintained....seaweed beds. :twisted: Sometimes I love my brain.

“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

In light of all the references to the ocean, seaweed, safe swimming, etc...

Is she hoping to snorkel...or what?

8-) :lol:
Banner by TammyAZ
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

*grumbles about running from stupid cop* (not that all cops are stupid because Charlie rocks! :D)

Twas either here or on the Fanfic discussion thread that someone asked about the lovey, lovely pic in ze new banna. Well, its a manip, sadly. Via Kristiner's myspace Rob manips album. :D For some reason it reminds me of Alice In Wonderland though. :? Have no idea why it does either.

Jen~Regardless of whether Quil is a shape shifter (because that sounds cooler than werewolf. Werewolf makes me think of Lupin in HP. Not. Cool.) or not in NM he sould be at La Push. Bella is a human and is at the Cullen house and La Push. Just sayin'.

*claps for Caryn* I had a Rob dream last night too! But...since I woke up really, really late today and needed to start back on my English paper right away I forgot to tell you all earlier. Mine included a guitar, a canvas (the kind people used as a decorative rug in the 1800s, not the kind you paint a pic on), a pool, whiskey, and a library. :D Now I shall shut up before I say something the mods will not like. *shutting*

Erm...dang it! I got all on the topic of Rob dreams and forgot what I was gonna say. That and said stupid cop from top of post is at my door probably wanting to ask if I have seen anyone walking and/or running down the street. :roll:
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

older_twilight_fan wrote:In light of all the references to the ocean, seaweed, safe swimming, etc...

Is she hoping to snorkel...or what?

8-) :lol:
Hahaha! :lol: :lol: Too funny, Tracy.

Neya, congrats on starting to read the Sookie series! I totally love it. And I think it just gets better and better.
How has everyone else been coming along with it? I believe it was Trine, Sandy, and Erika who recently started reading the books.

Kristiner - Kyle and I were watching this show on the Travel channel called Man vs. Food and he was in St. Louis and I totally thought about you! :D And it was really funny because he went to some restaurant and did a malt milkshake drinking challenge and towards the end he said something about having a milkshake baby going on. :lol:

I'm seriously annoyed with all the hype around Rob's tip. When I first saw that I was like, oh give me a break! It's not like he left a measly 5% or 10% tip. And for all we know, the service was horrible. In which case I think he was generous with a fifty.

Loved SYTYCD tonight, particularly the last 3 dances. I really want Jeanine and Jason in the finale. And probably Brandon. I don't know who the other girl should be. Ellen was sooo funny, I loved all her comments. I'm really curious to see how Katie Holmes will be tomorrow. I've never seen her dance.
Image Image
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Hi!

Great seaweed/snorkel debate you guys have been having :D New thread certainly got off to a flying start. I agree with Caryn: Bob for the burrito baby :lol:
David - Good luck with the voting, you know you have my vote.

Mandy - I started reading Sookie, yes. Sadly I haven't gotten passed the first chapter yet. And it's not because I don't like it. I blame it all on the wonderfulness that is ExWard/Darkward and all other --wards. I still haven't finished TEF. I really haven't had any time to read these past week.

Ashley - Love the new banner!!!
About Quil not being in La Push....I have to admit I didn't notice. Why? I never made it to La Push at all :oops: Completely ignored and got stuck looking at the Cullens. But I agree that it is strange that he's not in there.

OMG...I got the twins mixed up in my head again. So sorry, I'll go back and edit if I'm wrong.
Tracy - I think those pictures of Rob were amazing too. He looks just like Edward for me in those pictures. His eyes look good too. I thought about posting on RP as EC. But everyone who is interested is here :)

About the tip: If someone tipped $ 50 here in Norway, I think the waiter would be very surprised. You don't do that unless you are very wealthy in an extremely snobbish place. Not even 10 percent is common in Norway. We usually just round up a bit, and add some extra if the service was very good. A Norwegian waitress makes at least $ 15 an hour, I think. Anyway, on Rob's part I would say it was either a miscalculation or a difference in culture. So I really don't blame him for it. He didn't mean to be rude, I think. And I really don't think you should feel obliged to tip if the service was bad, like Mandy said. Of course we don't know if it was, but sometimes it is, and it feels bad to give extra money to someone who mixed up your order and kept you waiting for an hour.

My parents left just now. They came by my work to drop off the keys to my house. And I'm feeling...a bit sad. You know, as much as I am happy with choices I've made in life (leaving my home town), I never get used to goodbyes. I hate them. It always passes quickly, but right now I'm feeling a bit down.
I know I posted this one on the old thread, but it's to make me feel better and to christen the new thread.

And this because they're all smiling and I need that too.

Have an excellent day everyone.
Edit: Those stupid url's.
And I got the twins right the first time. YAY.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Evening everyone.
Night/Morning/Afternoon whatevers <3

:( I'm sad. For no particular reason. Good ol' teenage hormones aye!?

Trine ~ I hate goodbyes too. I'm more like Bella & Charlie when it comes to goodbyes. Very awkward. *mumbles*

I'm starting to feel really fudging bad for Rob about this tip thing. Hopefully he won't read about it or see it anywhere.
And he'll be reunited with Kstew soon

If this is real. As in hand drawn with pencil, then im giving up on being an artist. I'll quit.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Fizzles
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Fizzles »

Morning all :)

Trine and Jade - Sorry you guys are feeling a bit sad today. Imagine yourself getting one of these.

Erika + Jen - If only we could convert CCP to flights for Trine, Jade and Me to come to RobCon!

Ash + Julie - I love the new banner. Its so gorge esp with the green floral design laced through it.

Glad some of you are having such good RobDreams. A liitle bit of DarkWard and ExWard are certainly good inspiration. :D

Trine - Thanks for posting the eyes pic again. I had lost that one from my collection.

Speaking of New Moon I forgot to tell you all I got about the delivery we got into my work the other day. A large poster stand which holds approx 50 different posters. :D Poster 1 - New Moon. Poster 2 - New Moon Edward. Poster 3 - Twilight. Its right at the end of the counter!! So now I can look at it all day every day! (Well, apart from when I have customers to serve!) :lol:

Tipping - I am a Brit so will comment as to how things are mostly done here. In some restaurants a service charge is added to the bill of approx 12-15%. If you feel you were given particularly good service it is customary to add some extra to this. Some places add the service charge automatically if there are more than 6 diners. It is not customary to tip in every eating establishment here. Some people in Britain have real issues with tipping hence the reason we sometimes get a bad rep throughout the world. The average would be approx 10%. I generally give 10-20% depending on the service. I have had many arguments over here with people I have had dinner with about leaving a tip, either because they don’t want to or because it is so little that its an insult, on these occasions I end up just putting my own money down and make a mental note to not go out to dine with that person again. I have been in the States about 4/5 times now and know that it is customary to tip. I have family that live there so am aware how much some people rely on their tips. My Uncle has me well trained to always have some the notes in my purse for such circumstances. When I have been there I go with the standard 20% rounding things up appropriately. I have visited a few different states and never found it to be an issue. However, last year when I was in NYC, I found it extremely uncomfortable at times as I felt some people staring and standing waiting on it.
Member of Rob's Halfway House
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Fizzles wrote:
Trine and Jade - Sorry you guys are feeling a bit sad today. Imagine yourself getting one of these.
... :cry:
noo

I wish I was crushed by his arms. :(
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Good morning all!

Trine, glad you've had a lovely visit with your parents and I'm sorry you're a litle sad since they left. Yay for getting the e-twins right, not that we really care. :D

Trine and Jade, hope this picture helps to cheer you up a bit.
I just love his expression. And the long legs don't hurt, either. 8-)

Laura, lucky you for having all the New Moon posters at work. How will you ever get any work done? :lol:

Mandy, I think I'd like to start the Sookie series when I get caught up with all the great fanfics around here. As if that'll ever happen... ;)

Have a great day everyone! I'm off to a crappy day at work as several people are on vacation and we'll be very short-staffed. Lord knows I'll need the Lex, a little Robcrack, and a beer tonight. :?
Banner by TammyAZ