Adult thread -- The Summer House II

akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Adult thread -- The Summer House II

Post by akire »

Apparently, everyone has strong views about tipping! and now on to a lighter subject, religion.

For a thread that is supposed to be a bit fluffy, some serious stuff is discussed here! I grew up Lutheran & was Baptized, Communed, Confirmed & married in the Lutheran church. Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. I associate church with community and family. The Lutheran church is probably not open minded or liberal enough politically and socially for me, but theologically is spot on. The ritual and ceremonies at church help and helped me find my spirituality. I love Easter when the church smells like lilies and Christmas Eve when it smells like candle wax. I met my best friend at church. But... I don't think my church is the only way to salvation.

And, Caryn, you are spot on with the burrito baby name. We'll just have to decide it's a boy. In the name of salsa, rice and beans, Amen.

Anyhoo...

e-sweetie, you are right about ePortia and eEllen. But when we send eStew and eRob over to the e-party house, they must send eEllen and ePortia over. Like Red Rover. eRedRover, eRedRover, send ePortia on over...
DarkMuse wrote:This is really creepy looking. It's on the back of the magazine I bought. Rob looks almost like Matthew McConaughey. Weird.
And Stew looks like Lisa Marie Presley!

And, Kristiner, have fun at Bobby Long! I would come with you but I live in Colorado.
ForJazz926 wrote:Just wanted to pop in and say...WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS TELL ME THAT THE SUBMISSIVE GETS GOOD *RIGHT* AFTER I QUIT READING?? I think I could live on Chapter 18 alone. It's not so simple anymore. Hooray!
That poetry stuff does get good! Honestly, I wasn't thinking about it. Ooohh, the Super Bowl. I was confoozed b/c I thought you were gonna keep reading even though you weren't sure you liked it, which I guess you did.

Image Image Image
GenevieveCullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by GenevieveCullen »

akire wrote:... Apparently, everyone has strong views about tipping! and now on to a lighter subject, religion.

... In the name of salsa, rice and beans, Amen.
:lol: you crack me up.

Laura~ thanks for the LA Times link. I can't wait to see those scenes.

Julie~ if you want smart, complicated characters with witty banter and beautiful poetry, FOR THE LOVE OF ROB, READ TROPIC OF VIRGO! For cereals. It's been rated right up there with WA.

Which reminds me,
Minor Submissive Spoiler:
Did the Chapter 18 lemon on the bench remind anyone else of Pretty Woman?
/End Spoiler

I think I caught Darkward's cold. Anyone wanna bake me some Caramel Comforts?
Resident of Rob's Halfway House :: WA Addict :: Team Switzerland
Image Image by ForJazz
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

New Moon interviewwith Rob, kstew, Ash, Tay and Chris.
WATCH TILL THE END. ROB IS SO FACKING CUTE. I died

I felt so bad for Kstew the whole time during all these interviews. She looked soo uncomfortable.
Rob dealt with everything pretty well.

EDIT: If you dont follow robsessed, theyve got 3 vids of pretty much the whole comic con press thing

+ to me, it felt like Kstew was putting more emphasis on her friendship with taylor instead of Rob..
hiding that there is possibly a robsten? tryna show that there is no robsten???/ hmmmmmmmmm

+ I love how rob says hes become even more attached to these books and stories, and that he becomes argumentative when discussing the eclipse script with people. Which is a good thing. I hope rob smacks MR if theres errors in the Eclipse script
Last edited by Jadey on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

9,412 kinds of pissed that the sneek peak vids are NOWHERE to be found just yet. Damn it!!!!! We can't all drop everything and fly across the country for a chance, just the merest chance, to see that wonderfulness. Damn you Summitt!!! Honestly, a little pity would be appreciated. Frack!! Throw a girl a bone, here...

Yes, the interviews were very nice. Youc ould tell Taylor paid attention in media class (translation: bo-ring... all he talked about was his work outs.... and we're moving on). Apparently, KStew is getting ripped up one side and down the other for her hair, her clothes and her nerves. Back up off the poor girl. She's exhausted. She's rockin' the Joan Jett look. And, she's still clearly just a little overwhelmed. Give the girl a break.

And, yeah, Jade, I am with you. She was so over the top about Taylor. But, look at the pics. Her body language was totally all about what and who she really wants.

Fracking Summitt. I NEED to see these previews.... ghostly Edward...*whimpers*

EDIT: and I quote from E News (Freaking Sporkcrest): "Coming up, exclusive... The New Moon you haven't seen yet..." :shock:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Jadey

Post by Jadey »

So true!!

shes leaning more to rob and here
Taylor (was about to type Jacob) looks a bit awkward in those pics.
I think hes like: "me needs to shove off uderwise Rob will get angry @ me for touching his ladeh"
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hi everybody!

I finally have a chance to get on the Lex after a long and busy day at work and playing with the kiddos and getting them fed and watered and showered and to bed. ;) It's nice to see all the ComicCon pictures and stuff. Rob's wearing the plaid as expected and Kristen is really rockin' that Joan Jett haircut. :)

Kristiner, I'm so thrilled you get to see Bobby Long and I know it'll be a great show! I loved your version of the Robdream and cannot believe you woke up just before discovering what was the "something" that Rob was going to give you before returning his iphone...something inappropriate for a PG-13 thread, perhaps? :lol:

Caryn, loved your analysis of the posture and body language between Rob and Kristen in the ComicCon picture--makes perfect sense to me.

Julie, I'm glad you're enjoying The Submissive and that you stuck with it. If so many of your fellow Summer House members are so enamored with it, you know it can't be all bad. :lol: I still think you'll prefer The Dominant....what's not to prefer about Edward's point of view, especially when he's a sexy, confident CEO with very special skills and talent in the bedroom who just happens to have difficulty exposing his vulnerabilities and needs someone to break through the walls he's built around himself. ;)

Laura, thanks for the link to the "LA Times" article on ComicCon. They seem to be one of the few publications whose articles about The Twilight Saga actually appear halfway intelligent and thought provoking. I was surprised by how warm and funny Chris Weitz seemed, at least from some of his responses to the questions. Here were my favorite responses:

"What were the big challenges making 'New Moon'"?
CW: The wolves are going to be great. Filming in Italy was a tremendous challenge because everyone knew we were going to be there. Everywhere the cameras weren’t pointed were hundreds of fans. People applauded after every take, which is unheard of. It’s like doing theater.

But the sheer logistics of getting through all the fans to get where we had to stand by the camera -- there was a moment where I had to go to the bathroom, and there was not a cafe I could go into without being mobbed. Not because I’m me, but people wanted to know if I could set up meetings with Rob. . :D

"What was the funniest memory you have on set?"
CW: Seeing me walk on set every day pretending to be the director. I grew attached to having a stick on hand, kinda like Gandalf the wizard [from "Lord of the Rings"], under the assumption it would give me an air of authority, which it didn’t.
:lol:

"Any Injuries?"
CW: Kristen went down with a sprained ankle. No deaths, very proud of that ... I will tell you, Taylor did every single stunt he could possibly get his hands on. Every stunt, except the ones the insurance company wouldn’t let him. If Jacob is doing something impressive or dangerous, that’s Taylor. And Rob just sat around looking good, really. :D

Kristen also had some lovely things to say about Chris, here:

"How’d you like working with Chris Weitz?"
KS: In the first one, everything was very impulsive and natural and fast. We didn’t have to think about anything, we just went for it. This time we had time to think. It was more cerebral. He’s one of the most compassionate, the most considerate guys I met in my life. Made it so easy, jeez.

Oh Summit...I so hope you didn't jump the gun by hiring David Slade to direct Eclipse. If only you could have displayed more patience and less greed and delayed Eclipse by a couple of months, then Chris Weitz could have directed it too. :?
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Fracking E!!!! All they showed was clips from the bloody website which has been up for 36 hours. Really, that's breaking news.

I WANT GHOSTLY ROB!!!!!!!!!!
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
rockbandstar
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by rockbandstar »

So before I actually comment on stuff I just need a moment to vent:
I've had such an utterly fail night that I just want to cry...

I had to work the night shift tonight, which is usually slow... tonight not so much. Not only was I running around, but I actually had to call time of death on a patient (a very young patient) for a doctor... not fun.

Then to add a cherry to my already horrendous night, I make it out to the parking lot, get in my car, and it won't start. It's pitch black out, like 11:00 at night, security is nowhere to be freaking found, so I call for a ride. Come to find out that my battery is dead. Oh and someone slashed my back tires of my car... both of them.

I'm sitting in bed, currently wondering what else can go wrong in the next 24 hours... I know I know, think positive.

End Vent

So anyways I read what the two scenes were on ROBsessed and I sincerely hope they put them up on the internet soon. I just got home so I haven't had a chance to see the CC videos, but I will watch them once I have calmed myself down. I love the pics though and although they all look really tired it's nice to get something news.

Kristiner.. so jealous you get to see Bobby Long.. I totally wish I could be there! Also hello back :D

Caryn.. you never cease to make me chuckle with your picture interps. thanks I need it.

Julie.. I'm glad you are finally getting into The Submissive! It gets a bit deeper as you go and I think the dominant is quite a bit better.

I know there was more I was going to comment on... but for now this will do

Neya
Jadey

Post by Jadey »

Neya ~ I'm sorry you had a craptastic night :(

Caryn ~ Im with you. Im praying that they put the clips on the new moon official website under Media> Videos> whatever, cause it says 'coming soon' atm.
But I feel you're pain.
They better show it. Cause its double unfair for ze overseas people who had no chance in hell ov ever going to comic corn.

Im tired. :(
<3
^ by ForJazz
- Kristen Stewart
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Neya~ Oh, Bebe. I am so sorry you had such a rough night. I can't imagine what that must have been like, to be there in that moment. That's why you are a better woman than I. I know I am not strong enough to do that. *hugs* It's not much, but it's the best comfort I can give from here. :roll:

Jade~Surely they will be posted SOMEWHERE. Just nowhere soon is my fear. But, I shall ever have faith.

Night all. My pillows beckon.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty