Adult Thread--Rob's Halfway House

Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Adult Thread--Rob's Halfway House

Post by Dovrebanen »

Good morning!

Caryn~ Sorry your sick. Hope you feel better soon :)
The 6 stages was so funny. What happened to me was that I thought Rob was alright after seeing TW and HP..Stage 1, I guess. I watched Twilight again one day, and just almost fell straight of the couch. When he was in her bedroom up against the wall, looking all vulnerable and with those deep gorgeous eyes. I was sold, right there. That was my stage 2...So I guess that's what took my RobGinity. Not a specific picture. And practically that very night I moved into the Halfway House and have evolved into a stage 5. I skipped stage 3, I think. I'll never be a 6, since I don't make blogs etc.

NewJen~ I never feel more normal than when I'm around here. I like this definition of normality :D

Sandy~ That is the sort of stupid questions I get too. Like..."Aren't you tired of those books yet?"....

JulieM~ Yes, I guess you're right. It could be about Jacob. He is practically the only friend she hangs with in NM, except Newton and I don't really count him in that category. More the lovesick puppy :lol:
That's so funny about Diane's signature, btw :lol: I've had some trouble with the gorgeous banners around here when I'm at work too...

Gii~ Loved the comic. Thanks for sharing. That's how I feel when I see pictures of vampires and fangs now. They're all wrong... :)

Diane~ I had not seen that last picture you posted before. Thanks.

Jade~ I think both Rob and Kristen will be around for a long time acting after these movies. And hopefully they can do some smaller stuff, and get some of the pressure taken away. And we can still get some great pictures and movies. I hope.

Rob seems to be going to lots of places in Europe this winter...May I just suggest the small, but beautiful coastal city of Arendal in Norway? I can offer a fully equipped spare room, and all meals included :lol:

Today was the first day with really cold weather here. Ice on the car windows. But the sun is bright, so it should be a beautiful day.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

I -just- read that 6 Stages of Rob thing and through each one (like everyone else) I was like, "Yes..yep..OMG THAT IS ME EXACTLY!!":lol:

As for losing my Robginity, I'm gonna go old school... It was love at first sight

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Morning kids. I'm still home and still feeling like utter blech. But, I'm up and watching Ellen and having coffee so we'll see how the day progresses. Thanks all for the feeling better RobCrack. Rob is definitely the cure for what ails me. :lol:

Trine~ MMMMMMMMMMM the bedroom eyes.... oh dear sweet baby jesus. If I had to pick one moment in the film where I was literally breathless, that was it.... after the kisss and he throws himself back against the wall. He says, "I can't ever lose control with you." And she says, "Don't go." And, he turns, and you just see the torture in his eyes.... GAH!!!!!!! Well, it might be a tie between that one and the moment after Port Angeles after Bella figures out what he is, and she walks past him on the school grounds before they go into the forest. His face.....oohhhhhhhh......the vulnerability there. I just want to wrap him up in my arms and.... GAH!!!! So many moments of perfection.

Jade~ I know, hon. It will be very hard to think of them on other sets or workingon other projects. But, we still have Breaking Dawn to get through. Though, I think if New Moon and Eclipse have taught us anything, we know that we'll get like three pictures out of a three month shoot. Plus, I am sooooooooo excited to see what they do next. I think that, because of Twilight, the opportunities they can now take are endless. I mean, just the thought of Rob on the set with Hugh Jackman makes me giggle. Unbound Captives sounds like it will be amazing.

JulieM~ That I know of, Rob's appearance on Ellen is being taped on Nov 17th and aired on Nov 20th. Diane said something about him making a quick appearance on Friday on Ellen's Halloween show. But, I thought they were supposed to start the international appearances this week/next week. So, I don't know. Maybe he'll surprise us. But, I do know they are scheduled to appear via video at MTV's Ulalume event on Friday.

Sandy~ HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I love being a geek. I love watching X-Men, Star Trek, LotR, love watching the behind the scenes stuff and finding out everything I can about all of those. I love Transformers as well. I grew up watching the cartoon, playing with my brothers toys. I love that I can have a piece of that back. I just ignore the dry-humping. :lol:

JuliM~ YES YES YES...Join us Gleeks. Glee is just such a guilty pleasure. It's fun and funny and hysterical and sooooo over the top. It's just great. And, the performances... well you hear Puck. And, they're all just as good. But, the teacher, Mr. Schuester, as played by Matthew Morrison, GAH!!!! I so love him. He's awesome.

Gii~ Roberic...YUM!!!! Ah, the good old days, when he was just adorkably ours...*sigh*

And, finally, I should want these, but I don't. Cause I'd never write a check. Or, if I did manage to write on the checks, I couldn't bear to part with them.

Time to have some more chicken soup.

EDIT: Ok, Tracy, Sandy, Laura, all my elder stateswomen of RobAddiction, it looks like there's hope for us yet. Rob did an interview with the New Zealand Herald (Jade you lucky ducky!!!) He was asked about his type of woman... His answer...
He says he doesn't have a perfect girl, though admits, "she would have to be down-to-earth." So is there a celebrity he's adored? "Um," he stutters, struggling for an answer to yet another trite question. "I like Patricia Arquette in True Romance. She was always my pin-up. I like Linda Blair [from The Exorcist] as well."
Okay, I'm honestly a little creeped out by the Linda Blair reference. But, both of those women are our ages or older!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Of course, knowing our Rob, he's just making up more random BS to see the reaction. He's so bloody cute when he does that.
Oh, and here's the link to the full article. Enjoy. I laughed my buns off.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

DarkMuse wrote:openfire - So sorry, I forgot your name again. I need to add it to the list of peeps names that I have saved to my computer. Anyway, congrats on the new job! What will you be doing?
:lol: It's Jaclyn ;)

Thanks you guys for wishing me well on my new job. It's actually going really really good so far! I was very nervous before I started, but feel really comfortable now. I'm working for a pharmaceutical company, doing research for new medicines and stuff. It's good, really interesting.

Laura - yep I am from Scotland :D I live kinda halfway between Edinburgh and Glasgow. My new job is actually about 10 miles away from Glasgow, so might be close to where your husband is from! One of my friends recently moved to Northern Ireland and she's loving it. I've been to Dublin before, but never Northern Ireland; it's somewhere I'd like to visit at some point.

Gii - I like your alternative eye candy too! Especially Jackson....he is so incredibly hot in that scene!! And I'll admit, I kinda like Zac Efron LOL. I thought he was really cute in 17 Again lol.
Oh, and that comic was great! I think that too now when I see "traditional vampires"; I'm like, "what? why have they got fangs? burn in the sunlight? it's a myth I tell you!" :lol:
Jadey wrote:Hey guysss.

I am so upset that Eclipse filming is practically done..
No more paparazzo set pictures.. no more set tweets... :cry:
Hopefully they won't start filming BD for at least another 6+months.

What the f am I going to do once all the movies are done? My life will seem meaningless...
:cry:

*panics*
I've been thinking the same! I don't know what I'll do....I love coming home, and logging on to the net to see what new/pics/gossip is going on with Rob, Kristen and the series in general! It'll be like losing an arm or something :(
But we shouldn't think of that just now! We should think of all the happy stuff, and all the promo stuff we're gonna be getting in the next few weeks? Ooh, I am so so so excited!! :D

Caryn Sorry you're sick - hope you get better soon! That 6 stages of addiction was hiliarious! I think the picture that took my Robginity was this one. Just the look on his face....oh. my. god.

I need to go do a ton of stuff before I head to bed. I promise I will defo post some pics next time... LOL
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Hey guys! It's been a few weeks since I've posted, but it feels like forever. Did I miss anything major?

So I saw my first NM commercial on TV on Sunday and I was sooo excited. And then I saw it again yesterday and rewound the DVR like three times. Even though I've watched all the trailers/sneak peeks as soon as they were released (or leaked) online, there is something just special about unexpectedly seeing the movie preview during a commercial break of your favorite TV show. No one understands how big of a deal it is except you guys.
Anyways, they were the same commercial, you know the one where they talk about Bella and how "many seek to destroy her" and they show Victoria and the Volturi, and "some will rise to protect her" and it shows Jake, and then at the end it says "but only one will risk everything for her" and it shows the beautiful Robward. I don't know if that's the only one out so far. I can't believe it's less than a month away. Still too long!

And I also have my copy of the soundtrack. Doing the same thing I did last year with Twilight - listening to it everyday until the movie is released. I know some people think this ruins the movie somehow, but I really liked knowing all the songs beforehand last time.

Anyways, how has everyone been??? :)
Image Image
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

*waves at Mandy*

Hi Darlin'. Missed you, too.

I know exactly what you're saying. It is so nice to just be flipping through and come across the loveliness of NewMoon. Of course, as soon as I see/hear it, I become a blithering idiot, just locked in place starting at the TV with my mouth open waiting to see our beautiful RobWard. :lol: So far, that's the only one I've actually seen on TV. But, we've seen 3 clips total that are 30 second TV spots. So, we'll see.

Jaclyn~ Oh that is sooooo definitely another moment of perfection. And, I love the way the audio is done during that kiss. Completely bare, so all you can hear is her breath and his breath and the passion between them. Dear gods. I LOVE that scene.

Heartbreaking and FrackHawt at the same time... :cry: :twisted: :cry: How? How? How can he make me weep with a single look like that on his face! 23 DAYS!!!!
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
newtonscricket
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by newtonscricket »

Diane, thanks for the hot pic!

:shock:
<I die>
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

It was already hot in my room and then I saw that dang on clip and now my fan is going and a window is open :lol:

On another note: I have a little book that I bought a while back with Robert Pattinson. Its called Robert Pattinson: Eternally Yours..if anyone wants it, shoot me a PM yo!
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hi everyone!

Caryn, hope you're starting to feel better! I'm pretty pumped to know Patricia Arquette was once Rob's "pin-up" girl. It definitely gives me hope for us more "mature", ahem...older fans. :lol:
Thanks for the link to Rob's interview in the "New Zealand Herald"--it was hilarious! They quoted Rob as saying that he is "learning Comanche and bareback riding for Unbound Captives"! :shock: Holy hell! If this is true and not just some random, fabricated comment from Rob or the reporter...I will spontaneously combust if I see Rob riding a horse...bareback. 8-)

I liked seeing the pics that stole everyone's RobGinity. I'm a definite Stage 5 too. I remember thinking Rob was cute as Cedric in Goblet of Fire, but not completely swooning over him ( :? I'm so ashamed of myself). I happened upon the first Twilight movie screencaps and stills in August of '08 and was so intrigued that I snatched up all four books and read them in about a month. I started checking out a couple of fansites and lurking on the Lex, but this picture is probably the one that stole my RobGinity...
...and impregnated me simultaneously 8-) And the rest is history, as they say...

Trine, I loved your quote "I never feel more normal than when I'm around here," when referring to time spent on the Lex boards and in the Halfway House. I can't think of a better definition of normality either. :D

Jacklyn, your new job sounds great and I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

Mandy, welcome back! I'm listening to the NM soundtrack almost everyday too during my daily commute to work, and it's really growing on me. I did the same with Twilight and it made the movie that much more enjoyable for me. I guess I don't really consider listening to the music before the movie a true spoiler. ;)

Julie M, thanks for your reassurance that David Slade tweeted something about filming the leg hitch scene in Eclipse. I know he's got a ton of work to do in post-production rather than waste valuable time being chased by me and my pitchforks. :lol:
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

older_twilight_fan wrote:Hi everyone!

Caryn, hope you're starting to feel better! I'm pretty pumped to know Patricia Arquette was once Rob's "pin-up" girl. It definitely gives me hope for us more "mature", ahem...older fans. :lol:
Thanks for the link to Rob's interview in the "New Zealand Herald"--it was hilarious! They quoted Rob as saying that he is "learning Comanche and bareback riding for Unbound Captives"! :shock: Holy hell! If this is true and not just some random, fabricated comment from Rob or the reporter...I will spontaneously combust if I see Rob riding a horse...bareback. 8-)
Tracy~ I'm pretty sure they meant that the horse wouldn't have a saddle, not that Rob would be.... bare :twisted: :lol: :twisted: Though, that does beg the incredibly delicious question about whether or not Rob might be costumed in a...*gulp*....*hyperventilates*.... loin cloth.... :shock: :o :twisted: Ummmmm, yes please.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty