Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by missp »

Would someone write up the directions on how to do a word search in a word document and replace the word with something else? I would greatly appreciate it! :)

Perfect Forever Chapter 12 (my ffic) has been updated!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5180905/12/Perfect_Forever
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

missp... you just copy the chapter and paste it into word (or for a free version use OpenOffice for PC or NeoOffice for Mac) and press to ctrl+F (or command+F for macs) and it should come up and allow you to find/replace.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

MissP~ Not that I object at all to doing it if it makes it more enjoyable for you to read, but the other issue I have is that the author wrote that characters words that way for a reason. It's Not difficult at all. Copy and paste the chapter into a word doc. Once you've done that, in the Edit menu, you will see Find/Replace. Click on that. It should bring up a dialogue box which asks what word you want to find. If you want to replace it with a certain word or phrase, than you enter that there too. It will then do all the work for you. Enjoy!

True Life; The Next Factor~~

Okay, friends, for those of you missing updates and other things, Ang didn't want to leave you in the cold. So, she sends the following gift for you all, a little bit o teaser while we get Ang back to feeling human and get back to work.

Enjoy the bliss!!

We're working as hard as we can while Ang fights off whatever bug she picked up. Promise. Just begging your patience a few more days. :D *hugs* from me and AaT
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

^^^ OMG I'm SO excited!!!!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Jazz Girl wrote:
missp wrote:**CW&IA Rant**
Okay...I love Tattward...but is it REALLY necessary that he drop the f-bomb every other word??? :oops: I HATE THAT WORD!!
:roll:
MissP~ Easy, sweetie. I understand the disliking of the language. I do. But, on the other hand, there are those of us who actually do enjoy it for multiple reasons. Personally, the reason I find Edward dropping the F Bomb so sexy is because it means he's lost that edge of propriety and control. TwiWard is so controlled and proper, and one of the best parts about believing that character is that YOU KNOW that underneath there is literally a feral animal just waiting to break free. And, one of the first clues that the control is slipping and he's done treating Bella like the breakable china doll is the language. That's why canonWard (like in The List or Atlas Shrugged) saying Frack is so hot.

But, I think one of the biggest reasons in AU/AH Fic is that it is the fastest way to humanize Edward and bring him into today. It's also a very easy tool for authors to use to go OoC. But, particularly in CW&IA, honestly, it fits his character. He's as far from straight-edge as you can get. He isn't an alter boy. He's lived a hard life around REALLY hard people and him walking around saying, "Geez, Bella" or even "Screw You" just doesn't fit, IMO. Plus, TattWard, while borderline brilliant, is very blunt and straightforward and he's going to choose the most blunt and straightforward words to express his feelings. When he's frustrated, screaming "FRACK" at the top of his lungs, gets the job done a lot faster than even "THIS SUCKS".
Yep, that about sums it up for me. Personally, the f-bomb has never bothered me. And for the context of these stories and the characters in particular, it works. The only word I despise and have to gloss over is g.d. That is one word I never could nor will I ever tolerate. When I come across it in these stories, I just glide right over it and move on.

***********THE TRAINING**************SPOILERS

This chapter was beautiful in its simplicity. I loved the expression in his eyes when she walked in the library in her night gown.
His eyes were dark with emotion - lovely. I bet he wanted to tell her how much he adored her, worshipped her and most of all loved her. *le sigh*

I loved the fact that he wanted to talk with her. Citing that he needed this to be a two-way conversation. Lol.
Her nervousness was actually endearing to me. She is after all still learning this dual relationship, so there are a few things to still overcome.
The highest compliment came when he said "You are," he said, slowly, "exquisite in your service to me. And that my lovely, was my favorite part. Is my favorite part."
The term exquisite is seldom used and to me, is the utmost and highest compliment. And Bella is certainly exquisiteto Edward.

I loved how he anticipated her every need and want. How he loves to please her as much as she pleases him. I would imagine an excellent Dom would not want any thing less.
He remembered that she was still learning and he was not surprised at her mistake. He did not make her feel small, but actually discussed his feelings on punishing her. That he did not take pleasure in it.

IDK,the whole chapter really appealed to me. :)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

navarre wrote:
***********THE TRAINING**************SPOILERS

This chapter was beautiful in its simplicity. I loved the expression in his eyes when she walked in the library in her night gown.
His eyes were dark with emotion - lovely. I bet he wanted to tell her how much he adored her, worshipped her and most of all loved her. *le sigh*

I loved the fact that he wanted to talk with her. Citing that he needed this to be a two-way conversation. Lol.
Her nervousness was actually endearing to me. She is after all still learning this dual relationship, so there are a few things to still overcome.
The highest compliment came when he said "You are," he said, slowly, "exquisite in your service to me. And that my lovely, was my favorite part. Is my favorite part."
The term exquisite is seldom used and to me, is the utmost and highest compliment. And Bella is certainly exquisiteto Edward.

I loved how he anticipated her every need and want. How he loves to please her as much as she pleases him. I would imagine an excellent Dom would not want any thing less.
He remembered that she was still learning and he was not surprised at her mistake. He did not make her feel small, but actually discussed his feelings on punishing her. That he did not take pleasure in it.

IDK,the whole chapter really appealed to me. :)
Christy~ I just *le sigh* at your entire post. It is the perfect summation of that chapter, and the beauty it contains. Everything, EVERYTHING Edward does is carefully thought out and planned to demonstrate to Bella EXACTLY what she means to him, and to continue to earn back that one thing that means the most to him, other than her love... her trust. That he not only recognizes that he abused that trust and deserved to lose it, but also recognizes and almost relishes the need to regain it is just beyond words.

And, yes, I am with you 100% on the use of exquisite But, it does, in one word, sum up everything she is to him, in every way.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Caryn~ That is a beauty. It could totally be a book cover and I would buy the thing in a heartbeat.
I'll be waiting patiently. Angela writes so long chapters that she needs a long time to write them too. I hope she's feeling better soon.

The Training
The chapter was short. But very important and lovely. Domward is the sweetest guy. His love for her is so deep that it shines through everything he does. He makes sure she eats and sleeps, and takes care of all her needs. I agree Christy that he must be an excellent Dom. And I also think that the fact that he loves Bella is an important contributor to this. Not that he didn't take care of his other subs, but Bella is so special to him and has been for years.
I totally felt Bella's confusion in this chapter when she was dealing with Edward in the library. She was still his sub, and were to behave as such, but at the same time she was supposed to relax and talk. It must have been very difficult for her, and for him too, seeing that she wasn't relaxed with him. It was a very good description of their relationship in between "playing" and normal life. And I think it was important that Edward took the time to talk to her in the library, and make sure they were on the same page. And just the small kisses and the closeness was a perfect ending to the night.
When Edward started playing the piano, I sort of had the feeling that he knew she couldn't sleep. Or at least suspected it. Our Edward's and their lullabies :)
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

:) @ all "The Training" comments. It was short, but very sweet- I wonder if we'll get to see their non-weekend life in action.

I'd also like to announce that "Starry Night" is making its way to twilighted.net, and the preface and first chapter have been approved for posting. You can find it here: http://twilighted.net/viewstory.php?sid=7852. You do need to register in order to read stories there. Please note that there's nothing new here; just reposting SN on that site.

Also, just to continue with my checkout lane story from my earlier post, someone bought one of those "drop it in the oven" pizzas. I forget the brand, but the type of pizza was proudly displayed as "Margherita" across the front.

Ah, Giovanni. /smiles fondly
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Dovrebanen wrote: The Training

When Edward started playing the piano, I sort of had the feeling that he knew she couldn't sleep. Or at least suspected it. Our Edward's and their lullabies :)

Trine~ I like to believe that Edward was having as much difficulty sleeping without Bella as she was having without him. So, yes, he knew that she would miss him and would not bea ble to sleep because he was oing through the same thing. But, instead of worrying about himself, he wanted to take care of his Bella. And, yes, just the image of Edward at the piano, playing those haunting melodies for her.... brings tears to my eyes. That is love and beauty and devotion personified.

Rings~ First, Congrats on taking Giovanni to a whole new set of readers. That's fantastic. Second, yes, absolutely, in fact, I think that a huge part of The Training will be their non-weekend life and how that is effected by their arrangements as well. That is what I absolutely loved about he Dom/The Sub They do look at that idea that everything in life is intertwined but you can find balance. TSM is a genius.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hello, All! I have just arrived home from the hospital about an hour ago. The gallbladder is OUT! I am feeling like a can of dammit...but I am sitting up in the chair getting my Lex and Facebook fix! I'll be back later. Thanks for all your positive thoughts today! :D