Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by Openhome »

It is awesome, and very clean. The writing carries the story. I loved seeing the growth of the Cullen family in this one. Each one shows such depth. The last chapter is a dozy, though, so be warned.

600th post! WOOT! :D
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Openhome wrote:Jasper did not leave Bella alone, so the tall vampire must be with her. Wouldn't it be wonderful if it was Garrett?
I wonder how Bella has changed and if she still feels so much love for Edward. I think the forgiveness theme will be heavily continued as the family and especially Edward must deal with their guilt. Also, Bella was forced to do some truly horrendous things and witness even worse. If they affected Jasper so badly, can you imagine what they did to Bella? I think part of Jasper's shielding was to keep pain from Edward, but we shall see.

PM me if you want to talk some more! Always ready to discuss good fiction, and this is one of the best! :D

I agree, I believe that he(I think it is Garrett) is with Bella and in hiding. Yes, I believe her feelings for Edward have never changed. Something had occurred to me. Remember in the Prologue and Jasper was talking about all of the emotions he was feeling emanating from that cell? Anger, fear, shock, sadness and finally love? Well, I think Bella saw Jasper and all of those emotions were coming from her and the love was a memory of Edward.
I also agree, Kayla, that what Bella has had to endure is beyond comprehension and Jasper is protecting Edward from that, but Edward is going to be in for a rough ride and horrific shock when he finally sees her again.
I think Bella was turned right before the bombs. Jasper said they found her in Phoenix. Either Victoria (that's a big if) or they brought her back to Maria's and she turned Bella. I love that Bella's talent is so much better than it was in BD. Mental and physical. And her restraint is just like it was in BD.

Poor Jasper has suffered horribly, too. Can you imagine what it took to get her out of there? He was bitten and had two toes torn off. He risked everything to get her out of there.
That's what I love about this story. The Cullens have come so far in their maturity and growth. They have displayed total committment and loyalty and unity, forgiveness and understanding, but most of all love. And who has really been at the center of all of this too - Bella. She was the reason the Carlisle returned to the family, she is really the reason why Edward has continued - his love for her and the fact that she is his complete being. And when he realized that the vigil was so wrong, not right, I am thinking that deep down he, too, had to believe that she was still alive - out there. And he was holding on to that along with the other reasons he gave Alice, Esme & Rosalie. That's my thinking anyway.

Oh and do you all smell "Vampire Wars"? I do. That is being discussed over at Twilighted. I still believe the Volturi and the guard are around - the vampire that Maria destroyed talked about the "twins", so that means they are in the U.S.
I never thought I would be saying this either, but I hope the Volturi get their hands on Maria and kick her a@! straight to hell after what she has done. :evil: songster51 discussed she thought it could end up like BD with all the good vampires standing against Maria and her brood. Add the Volturi into the mix and hopefully standing on the side of good this time and I want to see Maria GO.DOWN!

I loved the shout out to the BSK ladies along with the song "Don't Stop Believing". I won't.

At the end of this I want Edward & Bella along with the Cullens and all of their friends alive and well. E&B=Forever!!!

As venis_envy says "Now we know that B is defintely SK!

Whoot!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

The Fallout Discussion

Christy and Kayla -

We were right!! Bella survives!! OMG that is just fricken amazing. But can you just imagine what she has had to go thru for the past 10 years? That story is going to be tough for Edward to hear.

What can I say about The Fallout that you wonderful ladies have not mentioned?! My goodness what a wonderful story! The part in the last chapter when Edward talked to Esme, Alice and Rosalie was very emotional. I am so glad that Edward put Alice in her place and gave her such a tough time.

Now we have to wait!!! Part 2 will not be up for a couple of weeks. OCD stated in the A/N that she will post again around Canadian Thanksgiving, that is October 12th this year. Not as bad as I first thought. Whew!!
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I've decided I'm no longer reading any stories until they are complete because i want more TEF and CW&IA!!!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

WA Epilogue Update!!!!!!!!

AG just posted the following on WA's FF page...

The Wide Awake Epilogue is in the works. I know I promised it a long time ago and it's a little (lot) late. I apologize for being Faily McFailstein. Nothing would make me more elated than finishing Wide Awake. Seriously. I could win Powerball tomorrow and it would still haunt me. Everyone close to me has been appropriately pushy and supportive of me to get it out and wash my hands of it. Truthfully, the negativity has just caught up to me, and even something as simple as opening the document makes me physically ill. I truly wish this were hyperbole. At this point, with all the waiting and talking, anything I post is going to be less-than-what-everyone-expected. I've come to terms with that and am truly sorry that all this time isn't going to produce the Super Spectacular Awesome Smutty Substance-Having Sparkly Perfection Epilogue Of All Time. Not gonna happen. Go see Pastche Pen's epilogue of If Love Could Light a Candle for that.

But I am honestly doing my best, employing parallel strategies such as visual aid (because graphics are my funtimez), to nurse it along and birth it. It will get done and posted, and when it does, everyone who has Wide Awake on alerts will be the first to know. (Well, except my beta, PastyP, and Angel. Oh... and... that one author, who I may have bribed for a B/J/E threesome outtake from her awesome fic with the promise of a sneak peak of the WA epilogue. Yes, I will bribe for smut. Don't judge, you know you would too.)

So... that's that. I'm doing my best. It will get completed (I'm really shooting to post before October 1st, but please don't take this as a deadline. It's more of a personal goal.) AND when it DOES get finished, I will like... idk... throw a motherfracking party or something. Thank you for caring enough to ask where the hale it is. I'm sincerely beyond honored to have anyone at all still want to read the hot mess. I hope you understand."

Oh AG!!!!! I'm so so so so sorry that the buttholes have you down. I've loved WA from the moment I found it until the moment Bella crawled into bed with Edward to find that one thing that would ALWAYS be theirs!!!! Gods, I cannot fracking wait.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

Jazz Girl wrote:WA Epilogue Update!!!!!!!!

AG just posted the following on WA's FF page...

The Wide Awake Epilogue is in the works. I know I promised it a long time ago and it's a little (lot) late. I apologize for being Faily McFailstein. Nothing would make me more elated than finishing Wide Awake. Seriously. I could win Powerball tomorrow and it would still haunt me. Everyone close to me has been appropriately pushy and supportive of me to get it out and wash my hands of it. Truthfully, the negativity has just caught up to me, and even something as simple as opening the document makes me physically ill. I truly wish this were hyperbole. At this point, with all the waiting and talking, anything I post is going to be less-than-what-everyone-expected. I've come to terms with that and am truly sorry that all this time isn't going to produce the Super Spectacular Awesome Smutty Substance-Having Sparkly Perfection Epilogue Of All Time. Not gonna happen. Go see Pastche Pen's epilogue of If Love Could Light a Candle for that.

But I am honestly doing my best, employing parallel strategies such as visual aid (because graphics are my funtimez), to nurse it along and birth it. It will get done and posted, and when it does, everyone who has Wide Awake on alerts will be the first to know. (Well, except my beta, PastyP, and Angel. Oh... and... that one author, who I may have bribed for a B/J/E threesome outtake from her awesome fic with the promise of a sneak peak of the WA epilogue. Yes, I will bribe for smut. Don't judge, you know you would too.)

So... that's that. I'm doing my best. It will get completed (I'm really shooting to post before October 1st, but please don't take this as a deadline. It's more of a personal goal.) AND when it DOES get finished, I will like... idk... throw a motherfracking party or something. Thank you for caring enough to ask where the hale it is. I'm sincerely beyond honored to have anyone at all still want to read the hot mess. I hope you understand."

Oh AG!!!!! I'm so so so so sorry that the buttholes have you down. I've loved WA from the moment I found it until the moment Bella crawled into bed with Edward to find that one thing that would ALWAYS be theirs!!!! Gods, I cannot fracking wait.
It really is a sad shame that AG feels so conflicted over the epilogue. Granted it is a wonderful story that we all love to pieces and God knows that we all live for our fanfic updates, but to be so harrassed just is not right. I feel so so sorry that she feels that way. She is a brilliant writer and I sure hope that this will not stop her from continuing to share future works with us. We should be thanking all of our wonderful authors, ie. AG, AaT, hunterhunting, in.a.blue.bathrobe, tara sue me, etc, etc, etc that they have taken the time to share their incredible works with us and not make it difficult for them to continue.

Ok, rant done. Please continue to share your works with us, but no pressure.
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

AG also stated that as soon as WA is finished, she will resume OG&G!!!!!! Yay!

I really wish people would not get so damned hostile with the author over delayed updating.

I mean, really!

There are other wonderful stories out there to read while one waits and at least AG keeps us posted via her Twitter or LJ or FB to where she is at. I appreciate when an author at least makes some kind of communication with the readers. That keeps anxiety and confusion down or at least it should, but obviously some "cows" do not see it that way, and the harrass and harangue the writer. Not right. Not good. :x

Anyway, I look forward to the epilogue and a closure for this story and for AG.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I'm pretty sure I know the fic she's talking about, with the B/J/E threesome outtake.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

ringswraith wrote:I'm pretty sure I know the fic she's talking about, with the B/J/E threesome outtake.
And for those of us who may be less than stellar in brain power, you ARE going to share, correct??? :D
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Jazz Girl wrote:
ringswraith wrote:I'm pretty sure I know the fic she's talking about, with the B/J/E threesome outtake.
And for those of us who may be less than stellar in brain power, you ARE going to share, correct??? :D
Well I could be wrong, but I do remember seeing an AN in it that mentioned AG and something about writing for her...

The title is "The Arrangement." I'd link but ff.net as you know is blocked for me at work.