Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Jazz Girl wrote:~~UoEM Discussion~~
This chapter was 9,412 kinds of sweet and lovely and wonderful followed by an arseton of holy crap!!!

I absolutely love how sweet and solicitous and wonderful ProfessorWard was in this chapter. His special birthday celebration was so amazing. And for it to just keep going on and on and on...awwwww!

I suppose now we know how and why Isabella is so withdrawn. For him to call on that day of all days...ARGH!!! I honestly hope that he and ProfessorWard come face to face in such a way that he can..ahem...explain....exactly why Jacob might want to keep his filthy and insulting mouth shut and then shuts it for him. Or better yet, Isabella gets the opportunity to shut it for him.

We also know one thing that will never happening between ProfessorWard and Isabella.
More The University of Edward Masen Discussion

Loved this chapter too. And you're probably right about the "thing" that may never happen between ProfessorWard and Isabella. Edward was very sweet and protective of Isabella's feelings to not fully disclose exactly what Jacob said to him on the phone about Bella. But I think they need to talk about it at some point. I think it will be healthier for Bella and Edward if she can share with him exactly what happened and what that slimy dog did to her, and how he made her feel.

I absolutely loved this part of the phone conversation...

(From The University of Edward Masen)
“That’s my girlfriend you’re talking about, mother*$#@^$. And no, she never mentions you because you and your pencil @&@% are obviously forgettable. But you’re lucky you’re in Washington right now or you’d be spending the evening in surgery trying to have your head reattached to your body. If I find out that you’ve bothered her again, then I am going to come after you, do you understand? And you’ll be lucky if you’re still sentient when I’m finished with you. Never contact her again.”

:o Rawwwwwrrrrrrr! 8-) You go, ProfessorWard!

I too hope we get a chance to see ProfessorWard, in all his bow-tied and bespectacled glory, open up a can of whoop@$$ on Jacob. :lol:
Banner by TammyAZ
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Hey all...
I found a few errors in one of the TPC chapters and they started to annoy me but I had already deleted the document in the uploader. I went to upload the EXACT same document so I could replace the files and have been getting this all day:
Processing Error
We are unfortunately unable to convert your document. This could be an internal error or a problem with your file. Please try again.

If you continue to receive this error, please forward your file to site support for further assistance.
I tried it with different files and get the same error.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Amanda Beth~~I've never had that happen to me. What about going back to your original word document...or whatever processing program you use and editing there and reloading the document into the document uploader? Would that fix things? BTW...I don't think you'd be beating a dead horse if you wrote another ffic after TPC. There are lots of directions you could take things...For those us who enjoy reading you fics, it wouldn't be anyway. But, if it's "done" in your heart...The story and the characters will tell you when it's over. Good luck on the start of your new job...and the unpacking. I HATE MOVING, BUT I HATE THE UNPACKING EVEN MORE!

QUESTION FOR ALL????
Are ya'll getting you story update messages from ffic.net????
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

There must have been a glitch because it's working now.

The only story I'm waiting to be updated is CW&IA so I can't help you there :(
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

~~UoEM Discussion~~
Tracey~ I agree completely. I think that they will eventually have to discuss the full contents of ProfessorWard's and slimy, drunkarse frackwad Jacob's conversation. But, I think ProfessorWard was exactly on target in that Isabella could not have handled him knowing at that moment the disgusting things that had been said. At that moment, she needed to believe that he hadn't heard yet. Later, she will be able to tell him in her own words and in her own way and he can tell her that he knew, that he was told but that he doesn't care.

~~End UoEM Discussion

Miss P~ The only update I have gotten recently is the UoEM update notification. But, that's also the only one I'm following that updated recently. They were having some issues recently, but I thought they had all been worked out.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

Again, check out HunterHunting's blog:

http://hunterhunting-hh.blogspot.com/

CW&IA Chapter 40, Part 1 teaser is up!

Also, the first chapter of MoBS (Hockeyward) will be up this week. Alot to look forward to!

EDIT:

On OCD's profile regarding The Fallout:

I'VE DECIDED TO FINISH WRITING THIS STORY IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE POSTING AGAIN. IT'S A LITTLE COMPLEX MAKING SURE ALL THE LOOSE ENDS ARE TIED UP, AND POSTING EPISODICALLY, LIKE IN FF, JUST DOESN'T MAKE FOR A TIGHT STORY ENDING. I WANT TO HAVE IT ALL WRITTEN SO NOTHING IS MISSED. PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGIES FOR MAKING YOU WAIT, BUT PLEASE ACCEPT MY DESICION AS WELL FOR WANTING TO MAKE THIS STORY THE BEST IT CAN BE. MY ESTIMATION IS THAT THERE ARE ABOUT 10 CHAPTERS LEFT. I'M TRYING MY HARDEST TO HAVE THIS STORY UP AND COMPLETE BY MARCH 23, 2010 - ONE YEAR FROM WHEN I BEGAN IT - AND IF I HAVE TO POST THEM ALL IN ONE GO TO MAKE THAT DEADLINE, I WILL.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING.

OCD

So it is good to know that OCD is still working on the story and that it will be completed.
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

*kneels before the FanFic altar, eyes cast to the heavens and the holy deities*

Just checking in with you, ladies and gentlemen. We've talked before when I was in this state. Wide Awake almost did me in. It tought me to be stronger and more patient. But, I am weak and I crave updates. The University of Edward Masen touched my heart. Tropic of Gemini touched my soul. And, I know that Clipped Wings & Inked Armor will end soon and should update tomorrow with some lovely. And, I know I'm a greedy wench for asking. But, please, gods of heartfail, soulsoaring and fanfic, please....a little SnarlWard...a little MobWard...just a little, a taste to tide me over through the dark. I leave my fate in your hands.

*stands and backs away from the altar, eyes down but hopeful*

So, yeah, I have no idea why my younger son is such a drama queen, none at all... :lol:

EDIT: Spelling corrected. I really need to pay better attention. :D
Last edited by Jazz Girl on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Snort! :lol:
Thanks for that, you made me giggle!
Fanfiction is acting up again. It's been on and off all morning. Grrr...
Hey, the Indies were announced the other day. There is a list of the nominated stories, about 204 of them. They aren't in their categories yet, but I've found some good reads among the list.
Here is the list of fics. Singularity made it, so I was just about bouncing off the wall, and so did several others we discuss here. Go see the list and check them out!
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

~~UoEM Discussion~~

Okay, so I was rereading Chapter 20 this morning as a break from work. Something occured to me. I am woefully underread on my sin and biblical reference. I am, I suppose, the leader of the hypocrites that both ProfessorWard and Isabella reference in this chapter. But, I will say, ProfessorWard's reference to "the sin unto death" definitely picqued my interest. What could he have done that was so heretical that he believes there to be no hope at all? Just how close to our beloved TwiWard is ProfessorWard? Accordingly, I did what every good Twilight fan, let alone resident of this computer age, does in the case of a quandry. I googled it. :D An interesting find indeed. Here was the least-footnote-containing and most enlightening explanation I found, taken from RealTime.net (**DISCLAIMER~I am in no way vouching for the validity of said website, but the remainder of the information discovered did seem to be in line with the following explanation. Take my advice, research on your own just to confirm*)
The phrase "sin unto death" describes the final stage of divine discipline in which God removes from the earth the person who is totally alienated from God. The "sin unto death" is not a particular sin; but it is, rather, a mental attitude of total indifference to and rebellion against the will and purpose of God.
The spiritual condition of the person who comes under the "sin unto death" is characterized by continual and maximum carnality; and this punishment represents God's final step of chastisement to those who are in maximum alienation from God. Only God can discern the true nature of a person's mind, attitude, or volition; and only God knows whether a person is actually implacable and deserving of physical death.

Hmmmm.... it really doesn't answer the question. But, it sheds some light. They are both still hiding secrets. That is one of the few things we do know for sure. But, if the levels of depravity to which ProfessorWard sunk with Professor Pain are really just the tip of the iceberg, I'm thinking we might want to batton down the hatches here, folks.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Openhome wrote:Snort! :lol:
Thanks for that, you made me giggle!
Fanfiction is acting up again. It's been on and off all morning. Grrr...
Hey, the Indies were announced the other day. There is a list of the nominated stories, about 204 of them. They aren't in their categories yet, but I've found some good reads among the list.
Here is the list of fics. Singularity made it, so I was just about bouncing off the wall, and so did several others we discuss here. Go see the list and check them out!
Someone named their story Wide Asleep??