Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by Amanda Beth »

I'm not sure what SN means?
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

My fic, Starry Night.

Just trying to tell you that you don't have to do those things to get a nom. :)
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I just cast my votes for The Mystic Awards. I mostly voted for AngelAtTwilight and Angstgoddess. And The Office too. I also voted for you openhome. I haven't read your story yet, but I read the summary and it looks really good. I've been wanting to read an APOV so it is on my list.

I see that a lot of the nominees are AH/AU/ OOC/ high rating. I don't know why that is. I guess a lot of them has just recieved a lot of attention, so they get nominated a lot. I myself haven't read many canon fics, but I do enjoy it very much when I come across a nice specimen of Vampward.

TEF outtake
Caryn ~ Yes, please give my praise and thanks to Angela. It seems like she must have been feeling a lot of pressure to get this outtake right. Because what happened when they were 15 were just so important for what happened later. It couldn't have been just a teenage crush, because that wouldn't have created a hole that wouldn't be healed until they were together again. The way she wrote it, it was pure love from the very start, which was like I imagined it had to be. They just weren't mature enough to handle all the aspects of it. Edward at 15 was just the cutest. You could see the wonderful man he was going to become already back then.

The Training
I know I'm a a little late with this. But holy hell!!! What that man does to that woman :shock: I don't know how she can take it without just exploding. Her training is going very well I must say. And Domward POV just beats everything. He does not spare the details :lol: Looking into his mind is great. And I love to see how he is caring and sweet with her even when he has to punish her. And all he wants is for her to trust him completely, so that he can give her everything.
Caryn ~ I completely agree. Him asking her if she is okay and making her answer is proof of how much he cares for her. It is his way to make sure that she can take it and that she's not just going a long with everything just to please him. It shows that it's not about him, it is all about him pleasing her.
I can't wait to see them in the library now. And in a normal relationship too, and how they will work that out. Sleeping in his bed for instance.
The response for the story has been massive. She already has more than 2000 reviews and we're only on chapter 2.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

Hello FanFiction people.
*Waves*

Just wanted to drop buy and shout:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Angst Goddess!
You rock my life! I'd marry you in a heart beat!

:mrgreen:
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Amanda Beth wrote:I'm not sure what SN means?
AmandaBeth~ SN is Starry Night, Rings' absolutely wonderful canon fanfic. Absolutely a must read.

I think canon fanfic gets less attention honestly because it is harder to write and easier to piss people off with it. IMO, in a canon fic, you walk a VERY narrow line. The characters really have to match up and there can't be that much OOC, otherwise you risk the torches and pitchforks. I think there is a huge segment of folks who expect canon to be a continuation of SM's work. The canons I have read (The List, If Love Could Light a Candle, Atlas Shrugged, and a few others along that vein) have all had their great share of criticism honestly because they dared to attempt to rewrite the ending of the story, so to speak. So, it is a lot easier for people to read the human versions of Edward and the Cullens doing VERY odd things vs reading the non-human doing things that step just a little out of character. Does that make sense? I don't know, it sounded good in my head. ;)
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

I guess I am just made a little differently than most folks. I could care less if my fanfics are nominated for anything...golden onion, golden apple, or what have you. I am writing Perfect Forever for me, mostly. I wanted to see if I had the chops to do it or not. I have a pretty loyal, yet small, reader audience...around 200 at last count, and that makes me happy because mine is not smut...no lemons...maybe a tinge of lime.
I know people go for the AU...AU/AH...lemons, and all that jazz. I mean, I'm addicted to The Training for goodness sakes! But, that kind of writing just isn't in me. It may be because I teach 5th grade, and I know that my students are checking out these boards and fanfic.com. I sure wouldn't want some of them to find my author name on...well, we won't go there! :shock:
And, I must agree. It does seem to be harder to write canon stories because, in my experience...I don't want to take anything away from the wonderfulnous of the characters SM created. I just want to continue the story and see where those characters take me.

Now, for the mutiny...please don't make me walk the plank...opinions are like buttholes...yada yada...
CW&IA...not getting it as much as you guys. Bella is dark, depressed, and a drug addict. I am not enjoying her so much. Although, I can truly understand where her pain and addiction come from. Tattward...I am much in like with...not love. My favorite so far is Rosalie...go figure! I will keep reading because I simply must. I am only on chapter 10 or so.
RINGS...Congrats on the nod!!! I have your fic on my list.
Amanda Beth-- You are the BOMB regardless of no nods!!
AND, is anyone else wondering why The Training...or The Sub or The Dom wasn't nominated?
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Several of the ones I thought would be there weren't. Missp, I love your Perfect Forever, and I totally agree with you about what you and I and Amanda Beth publish. I wrote mine for my daughters, and put it on fanfiction for my sisters, friends and sisters in law who wanted to read it. I was utterly shocked when so many people started commenting on it. It is still a very small fic, but like yours, it was a product of heart. Rings work is the same, well done and full of heart, and as much as I love the other type of fics, I think the ones that come from the heart are the best kind.
Thanks for mentioning the issues with CW&IA. I have tried to get into that fic, but I just can't. Maybe my background with foster kids, many of whom have drug issues, has tainted me, but I can't quite get into Bella and Edward in this one. I have to admit that I quit after chapter 3. *Hangs head in shame* :(
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Tattward is what got me into CW&IA... his naivete about relationships is just really was one of the sweetest things ever.

I'm dying for a new TEF... *bounces*

I started writing LAF because a part of me wasn't done with Twilight and when I was done with that I was so interested in Renesmee I started writing TPC. It'll be my last fanfic... I really want to work on a real novel and get published.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Openhome~~ :) AWWW!! Thanks!
Amanda Beth~~Good luck! :)
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Some people who are on FF.net crack me up. I get one about LAF "Well, that was a delightful continuation. I'll be looking forward to the completion of the sequel. Minor mistakes significantly marred my enjoyment, specifically the omission
of spaces and misuse of certain complex words." I'm thinking wow talk about an odd use of words, so I look at the person's profile. It's kind of amusing.

Here's the person's profile: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2038438/