Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by ringswraith »

Warning: CWaIA discussion!

I immediately understood Bella's reaction to seeing the poof in his shower. I mean, come on- the guy positively refuses to do anything that would make him seem less "manly." Yet here we have, of all things, a poof.

Oh, and try not to think about how Inkella would use it, versus how Tattward uses it. /grin

I'm thinking of a two-fer, still, regarding their breakdowns. Speaking of which, this all reminds me of Mariah's song:

Well I guess I'm trying to be nonchalant about it
And I'm going to extremes to prove I'm fine without you
But in reality I'm slowly losing my mind
Underneath the guise of a smile gradually I'm dying inside
Friends ask me how I feel and I lie convincingly
'Cause I don't want to reveal the fact that I'm suffering
So I wear my disguise 'til I go home at night
And turn down all the lights and then I breakdown and cry

-Mariah Carey, "Breakdown"
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

navarre wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:
SweetKay wrote:Oh, Oh, Oh.... sorry for the double post......

Clipped Wings and Inked Armor Updated!!!

AmandaBeth~ I absolutely agree. TattWard's inner monologues just totally crack my shiza up. I love the way his mind works.

But, I have to say, there were two things that just killed me in this chapter.

First, the way InkElla seems to need pain to... balance... atone for... loving TattWard. Gah!! It just breaks my heart.

And I am completely with Carlisle. Not only is the drug cocktail she is on absolutely dangerous, but the fact that she is taking all of these meds essentially unsupervised is of HUGE concern. I mean we have NEVER hear of her talking to or seeing a doctor, which is downright malpractice given what that girl appears to be on...

I absolutely adore how devoted to InkElla TattWard is in this chapter, but in his own way. The way he takes control over what she's doing to keep her from hurting herself, even though he wants nothing more than to completely submit to EXACTLY what she's doing...

And, yeah, the shower, with the poof... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: And, then when he talks about... using... the poof... :shock: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: Holy Shiza.

But, when he accepts, at the end, that he is in love with her, but then in the same thought, acknowledges that he can't share it with her, or even tell her, because it will break her. *whimpers*
Caryn ~ I also thought her need for pain was punishment for surviving the crash when the others did not. Survivor's guilt. She has never forgiven herself for not stepping up and telling Jake that while she loved him, their relationship would not work. I remember her in the first part of this story talking about loving Jake but not enough. The tragedy, she feels, would have been avoided if she had said something - anything.

Oh, and when she was in the shower with Tattward and she saw the poof and bath gel and she got that look on her face - icy then angry and then blank. I had been confused about that. HH said that it was because Bella was jealous momentarily that maybe there had been another girl. It never occurred to me about that, because Bella and Tatt and been so joined at the hip for so long. So I am glad that got answered.
I was glad that Bella did not explode on Edward when he was looking through her photo album. I was holding my breath on that one.
Thankful for Carlise being there and helping Edward recognize his love for Bella, but my heart breaks for him in what he is going to have to deal with when Bella's breakdown happens. But I have faith they will come through this and be together.
Edward is going to have to face his past too and that is NOT going to be pretty either.
Great chapter!!

Christy~ No, I totally got the whole reaction to the poof. She's just as possessive of him as he is of her, she just has less opportunity to really show it, because he's only ever really been around Alice, or girls he's inking, and she isn't really there to see that. And, because they are so possessive of each other, if they are out together, they are always together...

I was actually hoping there would be at least a conversation when he pulled out the photo album, but I didn't think she'd crash then. Bella's ptsd is fairly typical in that it isn't what you think would set her off and something fairly unrelated or innocuous triggers her big time.

As to Edward's crash, I see that happening as a byproduct of dealing with Bella's. He will do everything he can to be there for her, get her through it... he'll exhaust himself and then he'll crash hard. It's going to hurt, but I honestly don't see it being as bad. I think he'll use his pain to heal her.

Rings~ Ooooh, I had forgotten Mariah's lyrics. Good call.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Thanks. :) Stuff reminds me of songs a lot of the time. In fact I may have found one to inspire the current fic I'm writing...
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Jazz Girl wrote:First, the way InkElla seems to need pain to... balance... atone for... loving TattWard. Gah!! It just breaks my heart.

And I am completely with Carlisle. Not only is the drug cocktail she is on absolutely dangerous, but the fact that she is taking all of these meds essentially unsupervised is of HUGE concern. I mean we have NEVER hear of her talking to or seeing a doctor, which is downright malpractice given what that girl appears to be on...

I absolutely adore how devoted to InkElla TattWard is in this chapter, but in his own way. The way he takes control over what she's doing to keep her from hurting herself, even though he wants nothing more than to completely submit to EXACTLY what she's doing...

And, yeah, the shower, with the poof... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: And, then when he talks about... using... the poof... :shock: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: Holy Shiza.

But, when he accepts, at the end, that he is in love with her, but then in the same thought, acknowledges that he can't share it with her, or even tell her, because it will break her. *whimpers*[/color]
Caryn ~ I also thought her need for pain was punishment for surviving the crash when the others did not. Survivor's guilt. She has never forgiven herself for not stepping up and telling Jake that while she loved him, their relationship would not work. I remember her in the first part of this story talking about loving Jake but not enough. The tragedy, she feels, would have been avoided if she had said something - anything.

Oh, and when she was in the shower with Tattward and she saw the poof and bath gel and she got that look on her face - icy then angry and then blank. I had been confused about that. HH said that it was because Bella was jealous momentarily that maybe there had been another girl. It never occurred to me about that, because Bella and Tatt and been so joined at the hip for so long. So I am glad that got answered.
I was glad that Bella did not explode on Edward when he was looking through her photo album. I was holding my breath on that one.
Thankful for Carlise being there and helping Edward recognize his love for Bella, but my heart breaks for him in what he is going to have to deal with when Bella's breakdown happens. But I have faith they will come through this and be together.
Edward is going to have to face his past too and that is NOT going to be pretty either.
Great chapter!![/quote]

Christy~ No, I totally got the whole reaction to the poof. She's just as possessive of him as he is of her, she just has less opportunity to really show it, because he's only ever really been around Alice, or girls he's inking, and she isn't really there to see that. And, because they are so possessive of each other, if they are out together, they are always together...

I was actually hoping there would be at least a conversation when he pulled out the photo album, but I didn't think she'd crash then. Bella's ptsd is fairly typical in that it isn't what you think would set her off and something fairly unrelated or innocuous triggers her big time.

As to Edward's crash, I see that happening as a byproduct of dealing with Bella's. He will do everything he can to be there for her, get her through it... he'll exhaust himself and then he'll crash hard. It's going to hurt, but I honestly don't see it being as bad. I think he'll use his pain to heal her.

Rings~ Ooooh, I had forgotten Mariah's lyrics. Good call.
[/quote]

Caryn ~ I was just adding to the "pain" conversation, agreeing with you and adding what I also understood was behind it.

The poof - I know you all got, I didn't. :lol: For some reason, I had it in the back of my mind that she was having a memory of possibly her and Jake and it caused that reaction. Don't ask me why I went in that direction, I guess since everything seems to trigger past memories - that's where I went with that one.

Good point on the photo album. That does make sense. I bet either the next tatt session or maybe a scent, a song, a word could cause the meltdown. It probably will be something I never would have thought about. Which would not surprise me. Lol.

That's an interesting point on Edward's crashing and it makes sense. Sometime dealing with other's problems can bring yours to the forefront and then the resulting crash can happen.

My mind is on James and whether he will be the trigger in this. This story just keeps getting better and better. :)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I was thinking that Edward would have a breakdown when he finds out it was Bella's wedding.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Amanda Beth wrote:I was thinking that Edward would have a breakdown when he finds out it was Bella's wedding.

AmandaBeth~ I don't know. For some reason, I think Edward is going to react more strongly to the fact that she didn't tell him she was almost married, rather than the fact that she was almost married, if that makes sense. I think he'll take the fact that she kept that from him harder than anything else, particularly given that he basically told her his history.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Yeah I meant that he'd break down because she kept it from him :)
twilightsagaaddict

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

navarre wrote: Caryn ~ I was just adding to the "pain" conversation, agreeing with you and adding what I also understood was behind it.

The poof - I know you all got, I didn't. :lol: For some reason, I had it in the back of my mind that she was having a memory of possibly her and Jake and it caused that reaction. Don't ask me why I went in that direction, I guess since everything seems to trigger past memories - that's where I went with that one.

Good point on the photo album. That does make sense. I bet either the next tatt session or maybe a scent, a song, a word could cause the meltdown. It probably will be something I never would have thought about. Which would not surprise me. Lol.

That's an interesting point on Edward's crashing and it makes sense. Sometime dealing with other's problems can bring yours to the forefront and then the resulting crash can happen.

My mind is on James and whether he will be the trigger in this. This story just keeps getting better and better. :)
Christy ~ I didn't get the 'poof stare' either. :lol: I took it as she was either thinking of something in her past (Jacob/holidays ) or still trying to level herself out since she was so worried about being late for Thanksgiving.

I was holding my breath as Bella walked into the room and saw Edward looking at the photo album, because at that point, you just never know what will set off an episode. (Although her meds were probably already kicking in, so that may have influenced her lack of reaction.)

I'm in complete agreement with Carlisle about who prescribed all those meds for her. :evil: :evil: Thankfully, Edward now knows about them all, and can somewhat keep an eye on what she takes. And Tattward's realization of his love for her, and what that could mean (for both of them), was both endearing (in Tattward's own way ;) and hearbreaking (knowing he can't share it with right now....

I'm so not looking forward to Tattward's breakdown. I think James will definitely be the one to push Edward's buttons...I wonder if he'll be the one to tell Edward about Bella's engagement/wedding - with Bella there - and that will be the beginning of the breakdown...hmmmm

(Amanda Beth ~ I'm with you on the Mac-I <3 my MacBook Pro! :D )
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

The Fallout

Kay ~

Well, you will be proud of me, bb. I actually finished chapter 18/19 tonight. What a doozy this whole story has been.
But just like a train wreck, you can't look away.
I have never read a more gripping story in my life. Never.
She leaves little nuggets for us to dig for.
Alice is finally getting her visions back and now just as Edward was getting ready to rip her a new hole, she has a vivid vision, knocking them both to the floor - rapid fire images and finally someone running Jasper.

I have a question for you or Openhome. Whom do you think Alice was referring to when she said to Edward "Don't worry, she's not the one who knocks you on your a@!" Please tell me you think it is Bella.
I've got to believe it's going to be her. I cannot deal with someone else replacing Bella in Edward's heart. That would do me in - for good. :(

Something else struck me. Remember when Alice was talking to Edward in Chapter 17 about believing Jasper was still alive, because she can feel him.
Then Edward states he does understand what Alice is saying because even though Bella is gone he still feels her. Which worries him - yet he still feels her, so why does Alice still feel Jasper is alive.
I know he thinks he is crazy, but I feel - hope.
E&B and J&A had unique relationships, the connections unlike any others around them.

I loved Tanya in this chapter. When she tells Edward of her love for a human once; she understands, but he will heal. "You are not the lion." No, he is not and he realizes that this whole vigil is wrong and he is not ready for it at all. I am holding on to the fact that he knows.

I love just how far everyone of these characters have come. The maturity, the growth and how even though the family almost collapsed, it came through its own fire and survived stronger and more united.

Brilliant writing, phenomenal attention to detail and the mindblowing imagery make this one of the most gripping and addicting stories I have read yet.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Told you so!!
So glad you read it, Navarre (sorry I don't know your name yet). I think that those are all hints to the fact that she isn't gone yet. The author has commented on this being an E/B story, so I can only assume it will work out. I am going to burst into flames when they meet because I just know it will be some of the best writing ever.
I also just love that the whole family grew out of such loss and nearly shattered, but then came back stronger. The wonderful twists are magnificent (like the goat).
I believe that Alice's visions left because nothing was set anymore. Everyone and everything changed and remained so volatile that, even if she hadn't been overwhelmed emotionally, the visions would not have worked the same. She is healing, and their paths are becoming more permanent. I don't think it is a coincidence that Alice's visions stopped when they became nomads. Anyway, this one should win every contest it enters. I nominated it in the Mystic Awards, and I truly hope it sweeps any category it enters (which is saying a lot because mine was also nominated).